Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   Maryland...........Anyone? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/maryland-anyone-314382/)

ms.rhetta 08-09-2008 04:41 PM

Tracy;

You where welcome to have kept the Chicken. Thanks for the compliment, I love those nachos, it was my stress relieve to prep and cook in someone elses' kitchen.

Thanks for driving today. The swap was a blast! I hope we'll get even more players for ours!

Hugs!

Kathi127 08-09-2008 04:56 PM

I agree, the swap was a blast! I had a great time with all of you, both today and yesterday! Thank you for such a warm welcome into your group! Tracy, thank you again for driving, I'm sure you are tired! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again soon!

tracyltripp 08-09-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaW (Post 10864285)
It's been a really nice day on Ft. Meade today. You can't ask for better weather in Aug.

Missed you today at the swap! Got a distresser for you...the last one.:mrgreen:

tracyltripp 08-09-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhetta (Post 10864649)
Tracy;

You where welcome to have kept the Chicken. Thanks for the compliment, I love those nachos, it was my stress relieve to prep and cook in someone elses' kitchen.

Thanks for driving today. The swap was a blast! I hope we'll get even more players for ours!

Hugs!

Hey, you can come to my house anytime and cook! You can pretend to be a Pamper Chef lady if you want...you're cooking, I'm eating.he he

I had a great time today as well! I can't wait until the Baltimore swap, we'll have even more carpooling!:mrgreen:

tracyltripp 08-09-2008 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127 (Post 10864774)
I agree, the swap was a blast! I had a great time with all of you, both today and yesterday! Thank you for such a warm welcome into your group! Tracy, thank you again for driving, I'm sure you are tired! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again soon!

Kathi, I'm so glad you were able to join in on all our crazy fun!lol Can't wait until out next get together.:mrgreen:

twget 08-10-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltripp (Post 10867896)
Missed you today at the swap! Got a distresser for you...the last one.:mrgreen:

Yeah she did! She practially tackled me trying to get to it! :twisted:

AmandaW 08-10-2008 02:31 PM

WhooHoo! Thank you Tracy!

tracyltripp 08-11-2008 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twget (Post 10872827)
Yeah she did! She practially tackled me trying to get to it! :twisted:

Bah ha ha:mrgreen: My bad!

iamastampr 08-11-2008 10:36 AM

Amanda, in case you were wondering, I did get by and pick up the table and chairs for Loretta.

AmandaW 08-11-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamastampr (Post 10882531)
Amanda, in case you were wondering, I did get by and pick up the table and chairs for Loretta.

LOL! I walked out around 4:40ish and they were gone. I hoped you picked them up. I was in my stamp room working on some cards for the church.

tracyltripp 08-11-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaW (Post 10882596)
LOL! I walked out around 4:40ish and they were gone. I hoped you picked them up. I was in my stamp room working on some cards for the church.

Busy day!

tracyltripp 08-11-2008 11:23 AM

I just got up from my nap and I'm still feeling oh so tired still, but at least my headache in now gone. Now I just need to start thinking about dinner.

Brian's eye is starting to look better, still swollen, but he hasn't had ice on it for several hours now and it hasn't gone back up. The meds must have kicked in. Hoping most of the swelling will be gone tomorrow since he has a reading test to do at school. Poor monster boy!

ms.rhetta 08-11-2008 12:28 PM

Cross referencing the lodging post for the Ft. meade shoebox swap

I'm putting this on several threads so I can get the word out!

Hello Everyone;

I am working on getting discounted lodging for the Ft. Meade shoebox swap.

We have a Fairfield Inn that is on route 1 in Laurel, approximately 10-12 miles from Ft. Meade. I have contacted the hotel to inquire about a special group rate on rooms for either one or both knights of this weekend. (I just know you guys want to hang around and visit our great stamp stores!)

The link to the hotel can be found here.. Right now a room with 2 double beds (free internet, breakfast, all the nice stuff) is $109.90 or you can get a King suite for the same price. I'll let you guys know the rates and information on reservations once they are made available to me.

Feel free to email or call me with any questions. Lets have a great time and get this shoebox swap filled up!

Stamp Happy!:p

tracyltripp 08-11-2008 12:57 PM

Sounds good Loretta! Plus anyone is welcome to stay at my house, have an air mattress and who knows might even have a sofa bed by then.lol Plus the kids can rough it in one room.he he

tracyltripp 08-11-2008 01:02 PM

Hi All,

I'm going to place a SU order on Aug 15th if any of you are in need of anything. There are several new stamp sets that are on sale for 15% off, if you want the list just let me know and I can give it to you.

ms.rhetta 08-11-2008 01:21 PM

Update on Lodging!

Hello everyone, again this will be a cross post between many threads so I can get the word out.

The Fairfield Inn (I quoted an incorrect rate of 109.99 a night it was actually 149.99) if we book 10 rooms (either two queen or one king) we will get the rooms for $99.00 a night. A signifiant savings. It include a 10% discount for Applebee's resturant, 24/7 security. Free internet, work out facilities,etc. There are lots of great resturants and shops near the facility.

The reservations must be made for "The sisterhood of the traveling stampers". (Don't laugh, I like the name, My DH came up with it!):rolleyes: You must call the Laurel hotel directly to book. You must quote the name exactly to get the great rate.

I hope you guys will join us for a fantastic swap!:mrgreen:

Mrsjvb 08-11-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltripp (Post 10884560)
Hi All,

I'm going to place a SU order on Aug 15th if any of you are in need of anything. There are several new stamp sets that are on sale for 15% off, if you want the list just let me know and I can give it to you.

gotta have a catalog to look at first! ;) I am trying to DL from the site to tide me over until the one you send arrives, but It's stuck on page 35.

AmandaW 08-11-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltripp (Post 10884560)
Hi All,

Which ones are on sale?

Do you want this decor elements flower thing that was in the decor elements flyer that came out a couple weeks ago? I have no use for it.

tracyltripp 08-11-2008 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrsjvb (Post 10885489)
gotta have a catalog to look at first! ;) I am trying to DL from the site to tide me over until the one you send arrives, but It's stuck on page 35.

I have it ready to mail out tomorrow when I take the kids to their school appts.:mrgreen:

tracyltripp 08-11-2008 05:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaW (Post 10886238)
Which ones are on sale?

Do you want this decor elements flower thing that was in the decor elements flyer that came out a couple weeks ago? I have no use for it.

You sure you don't want to keep it for a glass jar or something like that with Christmas coming up?

Here are the stamp sets on sale.

iamastampr 08-12-2008 03:34 PM

I hear a couple sets calling me. . . .

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltripp (Post 10884515)
Sounds good Loretta! Plus anyone is welcome to stay at my house, have an air mattress and who knows might even have a sofa bed by then.lol Plus the kids can rough it in one room.he he

Mrsjvb 08-12-2008 03:46 PM

In case nobody knew.. the AC Moore on Ritchie Highway is gone. I wanted to pick up some 12x12 DP for a swap I am doing and Lo and behold.. its a big ole empty store.

ended up 'settling' for something I may be able to make work from Joanns. and I hate the two Michael's closest to me...

ms.rhetta 08-12-2008 03:55 PM

Good Evening Everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well. I got a great email from Photo Scraps in Eldersburg -- but for some reason the system isn't allowing me to put the url in for you guys to see it, they have some awesome specials going on, and I'lll be glad to forward you the email, just email me at [email protected]

Stamp Happy!

iamastampr 08-12-2008 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrsjvb (Post 10905171)
In case nobody knew.. the AC Moore on Ritchie Highway is gone. I wanted to pick up some 12x12 DP for a swap I am doing and Lo and behold.. its a big ole empty store.

ended up 'settling' for something I may be able to make work from Joanns. and I hate the two Michael's closest to me...

It moved down the road! Go north towards 97 and it's in the same shopping center as ALDIs (did I spell that right?) It's the last shopping center on the right. If you want company I might be able to Thursday evening. . . .

tracyltripp 08-12-2008 04:42 PM

Hi Ladies,

Loretta is coming over tomorrow to stamp for a little while if any of you would like to join us.

AmandaW 08-13-2008 04:11 AM

Hello, There are 4 sets on the list that I *need*. Only one was on my wish list but there on sale! I must have them! LOL

AmandaW 08-13-2008 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamastampr (Post 10905388)
It moved down the road! Go north towards 97 and it's in the same shopping center as ALDIs (did I spell that right?) It's the last shopping center on the right. If you want company I might be able to Thursday evening. . . .

The 16th is 50% off coupon day! I hate going over there on Sat it's so busy but I will for coupon day.

tracyltripp 08-13-2008 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaW (Post 10912465)
Hello, There are 4 sets on the list that I *need*. Only one was on my wish list but there on sale! I must have them! LOL

SALE is a good thing!

tracyltripp 08-13-2008 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaW (Post 10912705)
The 16th is 50% off coupon day! I hate going over there on Sat it's so busy but I will for coupon day.

I know! I have two of them so far that are burning a hole in my pocket.

Mrsjvb 08-13-2008 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltripp (Post 10888448)
I have it ready to mail out tomorrow when I take the kids to their school appts.:mrgreen:

oh BLISS!!!! I need me some happy mail. DH got the official word: 8 months in a dry and sandy place..and he'll be gone right after Hallowe'en.

why no, I didn't want to spend our first Christmas in our new home together, why do you ask?! :rolleyes: ;)

I should be grateful he will still be around for our tenth anniversary next month, right? AND that he will still be around( BARELY) to take me to Cirq on 31 October.

How does the Army handle Promotions in theater? DH will be putting on O4 while he is there so I won't be able to pin his shiny new Oak leaves on....

Mrsjvb 08-13-2008 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamastampr (Post 10905388)

really? there wasn't even a poster in the window to say that they had moved... and Maggie the GPS only had the other two that are like 20 miles away.
I will have to let DH know. I do plan on one huge in store shopping spree before he runs off to save the universe.

kevnjenn 08-13-2008 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrsjvb (Post 10914456)
oh BLISS!!!! I need me some happy mail. DH got the official word: 8 months in a dry and sandy place..and he'll be gone right after Hallowe'en.

why no, I didn't want to spend our first Christmas in our new home together, why do you ask?! :rolleyes: ;)

I should be grateful he will still be around for our tenth anniversary next month, right? AND that he will still be around( BARELY) to take me to Cirq on 31 October.

How does the Army handle Promotions in theater? DH will be putting on O4 while he is there so I won't be able to pin his shiny new Oak leaves on....

I feel your pain. We just found out my DH will leave right after Christmas for 6 months. I am thankful he will (hopefully) be here for our first Christmas in a long time this far from our family.

Mrsjvb 08-13-2008 07:46 AM

last time DH deployed was like 4 years ago, so he's due for one. besides, it's pretty much a requirement now for Navy Officers to do at least one IA..it's actually getting to the point where it's part of their rotation between duty stations now.

I'd rather get it over with sooner rather than be stuck in limbo waiting for the other shoe to drop....

iamastampr 08-13-2008 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaW (Post 10912705)

I have a coupon too, guess I'll go Saturday instead of tomorrow! Thanks for enabling me Amanda!

tracyltripp 08-13-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevnjenn (Post 10914610)
I feel your pain. We just found out my DH will leave right after Christmas for 6 months. I am thankful he will (hopefully) be here for our first Christmas in a long time this far from our family.

Don't worry Jennifer, you have your stamping family here to support you.

tracyltripp 08-13-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrsjvb (Post 10914456)

Oh that's great! That means you should be able to come to the shoebox swap. Do you have any friends in the neighborhood you would like to invite? If so let me know and I'll add your names.

tracyltripp 08-13-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrsjvb (Post 10915114)
last time DH deployed was like 4 years ago, so he's due for one. besides, it's pretty much a requirement now for Navy Officers to do at least one IA..it's actually getting to the point where it's part of their rotation between duty stations now.

I'd rather get it over with sooner rather than be stuck in limbo waiting for the other shoe to drop....

Wow, your DH is Navy and has been home alot. Good for you.

Mrsjvb 08-13-2008 01:14 PM

yeah but he hasn't been IN the Navy.. after he got home from the last deployment, he went to NPS for 27 months.. so while it was a Navy base..it certainly wasn't the real Navy. and now we are on an Army base for the last 18.. sorry guys, but Olive drab isn't my style.. I need Haze Grey! ;)

I mean the last time we visited his Sister in Chesapeake i made him drive me to the base so I could see we really DID have a sea going Military still!! hehehheeh

when he was enlisted he was ALWAYS underway...and when we lived in Japan right after he commissioned he was never home. He really wants sea duty after we leave here.. cuz that will be his last chance.. after that..it's the Big chair in the Boss's Office for him....

tracyltripp 08-13-2008 01:24 PM

Theresa,

Are you okay!

tracyltripp 08-13-2008 08:21 PM

Amanda,

If you are still wanting to go get tshirts made I'll meet you at your house before you have to leave to take DS to school.

If any of you ladies are wanting a shirt made with our oh so popular saying let us know.

Kathi,

Is Sharon your bosses name?