Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   How about Maine! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/how-about-maine-256669/)

WshUpnASta 06-11-2007 08:11 PM

How about Maine!

Any Mainer's interested in getting together to scrapbook/stamp?

We could get a bit to eat afterwards.

GreenDragonLady 06-14-2007 04:35 PM

Where in Maine are you? I'm in NH, but only about 5 minutes from the Maine border (near Acton)

greengem32 06-15-2007 05:11 PM

I live in Belmont, NH. I'm about 30 minutes from Acton.
Kelley

GreenDragonLady 06-15-2007 06:23 PM

Well, then...we're pretty close! We should see if we can plan a get together!

greengem32 06-16-2007 03:06 AM

Great! Just keep me updated on where and when and I'ld love to join. I work all week though so it would have to be on the weekend for me.;)
Have a great Sat!
Kelley

Sweet5985 06-27-2007 10:30 AM

Sanford Here!

Oh, I'd love to get together wiht others and play! I'm very new... and newly addicted! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread!:-D

Ifly4you 06-28-2007 06:46 AM

I live in the wakefield area, is that close?

GreenDragonLady 06-28-2007 08:06 AM

You're close to me, Sally! (I live on Route 153)

TJo1 06-29-2007 06:12 PM

Scrapbooking stores in southeast Maine?

Your thread caught my eye as my family is planning on camping in southeast Maine near Freeport. Any good scrapbooking, stamping or other crafty stores around?? Or any other must see places? Thanks in advance for any ideas?
TJo

taratravis 06-30-2007 11:02 AM

Saco!

I'm in Saco, Maine and have a open crop night this Friday the 6th if anyone is interested!

beecreative 07-02-2007 06:54 PM

Topsham, ME

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJo1 (Post 6328160)
Your thread caught my eye as my family is planning on camping in southeast Maine near Freeport. Any good scrapbooking, stamping or other crafty stores around?? Or any other must see places? Thanks in advance for any ideas?
TJo

Hey TJo

I used to live in Brunswick, ME - about 10 minutes from Freeport. There's a great scrapbook store in Topsham, ME called Scrapbooks and Beyond. It's right off of 295 (can't think of the exit number off the top of my head). But its real easy to find, its near the new Target and Home Depot. Village Candle is in the same shopping center. Kelly's the owner - she's real nice.

I hope this helps.
Becky

Stampaholic2004 07-03-2007 03:26 PM

My sister's in Bowdoin, ME, I'll let her know...

amandastpeter 07-04-2007 07:23 AM

I live in Gray let me know If it is on a weekend I will try to come.

Kathyc 07-13-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sally Kratt (Post 6301727)
I live in the wakefield area, is that close?

I used to vacation every year on Great East Lake, my FAVORITE place in the world! You and Greendragonlady must be near Poor People's Pub! I'm about an hour and 45 minutes from there; I'm subscribing in case you ladies set something up!

GreenDragonLady 07-13-2007 10:33 AM

Yup...I'm about 10-15 minutes from there!

MelissaJ 07-25-2007 06:31 AM

Anyone close to Augusta?

SimplyChristines 05-03-2008 05:42 PM

South Berwick, ME Here :)

Any gatherings ever happen between Portland & Portsmouth??

I'd love to be invited :)

GreenDragonLady 05-03-2008 05:47 PM

Let's set something up! I really need to get out after this LOOOOONG winter.

Come on, ladies! :mrgreen:

Pamela Staveley 06-12-2008 02:52 AM

I'm in Edgecomb, which is next to Wiscasset and would love to get together with stampers in this area! I agree with Becky, Scrapbooks and Beyond is a wonderful store; I also love Stamp and Scrap in Gardiner. It's a small shop but she has a lot of unique stuff.

This is my first ever message on Splitcoast.....hope it comes out OK!

rorera 06-12-2008 03:02 AM

Anyone near Rockport/Camden area? I'm a Maine wannabe. lol I'm from Central New York State but we vacation in Maine a couple of times a year with our first trip of the year planned for 6/28 through 7/8. I'll be working on Convention swaps while there if anyone would like to join me. We vacation in Southern Maine in the fall every year and I get together with a demo from Kennebunk. We make swaps for each other and hang out for an evening talking SU stuff! SU has brought me sooo many new friendships. Pamela, we love the Edgecomb/Wiscasset area. It's beautiful there! Oooo.... Red's Eats!

Pamela Staveley 06-12-2008 10:25 AM

Hi Rene, thank you for your messages! Camden is about an hour north from me. We should stay in touch and get together as the time draws closer. Maybe some other Splitcoasters from this area could join us, perhaps we could even meet at Scrapbooks and Beyond in Topsham.

rorera 06-12-2008 11:21 AM

Maine

Sounds like a plan!

lilacgirl 06-29-2008 05:13 PM

Rene',
I'm in Northport which is about 20 miles north of Camden/Rockport & just south of Belfast. I actually work in Rockport near Route 90. Where in the Camden/Rockport area are you staying? I'm fairly new to the area (a transplant from Mass.!) I don't have access to any of my stamping stuff right now as my craft room is under construction & everything is packed in boxes & stacked in a closed off room (the room is in the process of being dry walled/painted. Even so if you were close enough I could drop by where you are & meet you & see what you are doing. I don't have any stamping friends up here (yet).
I hope you get some decent weather this week! Have a great stay & maybe we can meet if you have time!

Lilacgirl
AKA Sheila

GramMcCaul 06-30-2008 10:19 AM

Wishful -- thats me, I will be in Standish for the week-end with my family and then will be there all next week with my sister. Anyone in Portland area???

Carissa Crops 06-30-2008 08:19 PM

I live in Cushing....not too far from Camden/Rockland....about 45 minutes from Augusta. (I shop in Augusta quite often) I would love to meet more stampers.... I am a former demo...so I love to hear everything that's going on with SU!

I've been thinking about having an occasional stamping night, just to get out and stamp and talk. Just a thought that hasn't gone anywhere yet, but this has inspired me! I have never eaten at Red's Eats... (and I have lived here all my life!) I have also not been to the stamping place you mentioned in Topsham! I think it is time to get out of the house!!! Ha ha. Or atleast out of my stamping room!

GramMcCaul 07-01-2008 05:53 AM

I have been summering in Maine for the last 25 years, we have a place in Standish, I think I need a map (I am at work) to figure where all you girls are.
I am up everyother week-end and would love to get together to scrap, make cards, stamp, whatever. Gerry

clooch 07-01-2008 06:54 AM

Auburn

I live in Auburn, Maine. Is there anyone from this area? I have only been stamping for about a year.

Lisa

Pamela Staveley 07-01-2008 04:38 PM

I go to Scrapbooks and Beyond in Topsham quite often so I could ask Kelley (the owner) if she would mind if we use her class space to meet up. Will get back to everyone after I talk with her.

Carissa Crops 07-02-2008 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pamela Staveley (Post 10376907)
I go to Scrapbooks and Beyond in Topsham quite often so I could ask Kelley (the owner) if she would mind if we use her class space to meet up. Will get back to everyone after I talk with her.

Thanks! That would be great, if possible!

Pamela Staveley 07-02-2008 08:01 AM

I just talked to Kelley, the owner of Scrapbooks and Beyond in Topsham on the phone and she said she would love to have us meet at her store. Rene, I see you are in Maine through July 8, should we all plan on meeting this Saturday (July 5)? Would that work for you Carissa? Anyone else want to join us?

Carissa Crops 07-02-2008 07:59 PM

I'll check and get back to you...we are still hashing out the details of our fourth of July weekend.... so I'm not sure, but it sounds like a lot of fun! I will be out of town most of the month of July, but if I miss this one and you guys decide to do one in August (or at another time)....LeT mE kNoW! :) Thanks!!

Pamela Staveley 07-03-2008 07:01 AM

Great! Hope it works out! :D

Carissa Crops 07-03-2008 08:49 AM

Pam, I got your pm....

My hubby says that he wants to go for the entire weekend, rather than just one day.... so let me know if you want to do one some other time. I will be gone the 12th through the 25th of July, but after that, I can't think of anything major going on.

Pamela Staveley 07-03-2008 11:09 AM

No problem.....want to pick a date now for August? The calendar fills up so quickly. I work full time during the week but can get together any Saturday in August except Aug. 9.

Pamela Staveley 07-15-2008 04:36 PM

I met another Maine stamper who is from Windham and would love to get together with others in the area. If summer is too busy maybe we could wait until September.