Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-29-2008, 05:07 PM   #3521  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Karen are you getting a Scor Pal? I need to play with mine I have had it a couple of weeks and really have not had a chance to play.

I leave next wed for Sandiego and I can not wait! I need to get a way!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2008, 06:49 PM   #3522  
Pearl-ExPert

Tracey, I have the Stampin UP set, thats "wild about you". I can send you images tomorrow if you want any of them.
Tammy a trip to San Diego sounds wonderful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2008, 07:38 PM   #3523  
Pearl-ExPert

So glad you got them! A day late sorry about that. Yes, you must play with your scor pal! I just made some 3x3 thank you cards for my huge tin thing. Was testing how I wanted to do something for Joy's cards, think I got it worked out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 05:17 AM   #3524  
Die Cut Diva

My daughter got her driver's licenses yesterday morning. YEAH! She is so excited. Remember that feeling of having the first little detachment from your parents. She was saying how she didn't know why but it felt so good to now have her license. Chris Sr. and I went to a conference at the tip of New Jersey last night. She usually would have gotten home and called us on our cell phones. Nope. Not last night. She home and jumped into my truck and ventured to Walmarts. She bought a pocketbook so she could write a check. Oh yah, getting checks was a big deal for her last week. Now she has a license so she can write them. She is a girl after my own heart. The little things in life make her happy. We called her while we were driving to the conference and asked her if she even went into the house to say hi to the dogs and we also told her we think she has already forgotten about us. She did say it was weird not having me in the truck to talk to. Now if her dad would just finish getting her car ready for the road. He has had it for many many months. I think he had too many months to work on it.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 06:56 AM   #3525  
Pearl-ExPert

oh, they grow up so fast! This is a great time for her, she will have so much fun, just doing the little things indepentantly. She will also be very scarce now and it is harder when the second one does but it is a good time for you and hubby to get closer again. Hang in there Bonnie it will all work out just relish in the great adult your dtr is becoming!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 08:17 AM   #3526  
Die Cut Diva

Maybe that is what I am afraid of, getting closer to my husband. LOL. I am fine with all of it but my husband seems to want to spend more of my time than I have. He needs to find a hobbie now. It will be fine. He will be mowing lawns 2 or 3 nights per week now that it is summer.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 08:28 AM   #3527  
Stazon Splitcoast

Bonnie, how exciting that she got her license, but scary too I would imagine! Yes, I agree all DH's need a hobby!

Found out my surgery is June 12th, so more than a month away. But still, lots to do before then! thanks for all the positive thoughts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 08:38 AM   #3528  
Compulsive Stamper

Inkonmyhands, I can feel for you - years ago are second to last child - I have 4 now grown & 6 grandbabies - when she got her drivers license, she had to drive herself to the license place - hubby & I were leaving town that day on an emergency. We not only left her with one of our cars, but with the keys to it. Plus all the responsibility that goes with it until we got back into town. She did OK.

As for hubby's taking up all of your time - just wait until they retire. Mine's been retired now for almost 5 yrs. He's finally settled in & has found his own hobbies - golf and his very own computer which he's on all the time.

love you bunches - bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 01:01 PM   #3529  
Pearl-ExPert

Okay I bought a scor pal. 30% off coupon. not too bad. Now to learn how to use it. Anyone try one yet? Just curious if anyone had some good ideas.
Bump on HUMP wednesday to everyone!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 01:15 PM   #3530  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmxmomView Post
Okay I bought a scor pal. 30% off coupon. not too bad. Now to learn how to use it. Anyone try one yet? Just curious if anyone had some good ideas.
Bump on HUMP wednesday to everyone!!
Karen - check out scor-pal site, there are some awesome ideas and directions. I just played with mine last night with a Z fold. Lovin mine!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 01:43 PM   #3531  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

Karen--another neat site is the SCS gallery for Susie B. She does awesome cards with her scor-pal. I love mine! I did six double pocket cards--and they turned out really cute.- Jackie is right though; the scor-pal site is wonderful. Be sure to check all of the projects and monthly items. Tracy--I will get things in the mail to you on Friday. I worked today and am working tomorrow. I also have three days next week. This will be my Mediterrean cruise spending money. I hear that there are some great buys in Egypt.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2008, 05:04 AM   #3532  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Girls,

VERY BAD WEEK AT WORK! So bad my daughter thought last night when you couldn't find me I was going crazy somewhere. Since she has her license she was driving around trying to find me in my town and the next town over where my parents live. She was going to the coffee shops asking if anyone saw me. They were asking her what I drove and she was liking nothing because I have her truck but I can't find her. Everyone must have been thinking she was crazy or I was. Any way, since my dad was mowing lawns with my husband I asked him if I could borrow his truck and I was at a local area business open house. Free food, I was there. I don't usually work on Friday's but I am at work trying to mentally support the other guy in the office who has only been her 5 months. Just told the owner my family thought I was going crazy. He just laughed. When I call out next week because I am emotional done he won't be laughing. Not sure he cares right now. He forgot me on Administrative Day last week. He knows I am mad at him but I told him he could make it up to me. Sounding like a ***** but being the only women here for almost all of my 12 years I am entitled to something. Enough about poor old me. How is everyone else doing?

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2008, 05:15 AM   #3533  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

I just got our Sunshine swap cards--and they are great! These cards will have to perk you up, Bonnie. I don't think that I have ever received a better group of cards Life here is good--but still hectic. I worked Wednesday and Thursday, and could have worked today, but I had had enough! I was ready for a day off to just sit around and stamp. I think this will be a driving weekend for us, as Liz has a basketball game to go to tonight (the UK team will be playing her high school basketball team), she is working at the talent show tomorrow, and has to be at the Flying Pig Marathon at 5 a.m. on Sunday. Luckily--no track meet this weekend. Tracy--stamps are in the mail to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2008, 05:42 AM   #3534  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi Bonnie, Another Bonnie B. here. I'm doing OK. I managed Wed. to get off 4 pkgs. 2 to my daughter (one was my birthday card & an exploding box to my grandbaby.) The other was a graduation duck I purchased a while back and sent that in care of my daughter (same one) to her exchange student. Anna will be leaving to go back to Germany in a few weeks & I wanted to give her a gift.

Yesterday, I sent out 11 birthday cards - from my birthday card swap lists.
Also, with the help of my caregiver, Marlene (I'm disable) her twin 1st. Communion cards to her grandbabies.

Other then lending my shoulder to another daughter (I have 3 grown daughters and one grown son & 6 grandbabies). Her hubby left Mon. for Iraq. She is a support wife to the wives & started getting phone calls at 3 am. An article by some newspeople hit the newspaper which was very disturbing & set off a chain of emails & phone calls.

There are times my daughter wants to tell these 18, 19 yr. old women to grow up. They knew their hubbies would eventually be deployed. And quick their crying. If you can't take reading sound bits - turn the TV off & wait for your hubbies phone calls.

Love you all bunches - Bonnie B
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2008, 12:51 PM   #3535  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmxmomView Post
Tracey, I have the Stampin UP set, thats "wild about you". I can send you images tomorrow if you want any of them.
Tammy a trip to San Diego sounds wonderful.
Thanks but I have that set was looking for more of horse/cow/pig you know animals on the farm!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2008, 12:52 PM   #3536  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgcView Post
Karen--another neat site is the SCS gallery for Susie B. She does awesome cards with her scor-pal. I love mine! I did six double pocket cards--and they turned out really cute.- Jackie is right though; the scor-pal site is wonderful. Be sure to check all of the projects and monthly items. Tracy--I will get things in the mail to you on Friday. I worked today and am working tomorrow. I also have three days next week. This will be my Mediterrean cruise spending money. I hear that there are some great buys in Egypt.
EXCELLENT BUYS IN EGYPT!!! I had a friend from our military days that use to go there quite often.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2008, 12:56 PM   #3537  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgcView Post
I just got our Sunshine swap cards--and they are great! These cards will have to perk you up, Bonnie. I don't think that I have ever received a better group of cards Life here is good--but still hectic. I worked Wednesday and Thursday, and could have worked today, but I had had enough! I was ready for a day off to just sit around and stamp. I think this will be a driving weekend for us, as Liz has a basketball game to go to tonight (the UK team will be playing her high school basketball team), she is working at the talent show tomorrow, and has to be at the Flying Pig Marathon at 5 a.m. on Sunday. Luckily--no track meet this weekend. Tracy--stamps are in the mail to you.

I also want to say that I received my sunshine cards.
WOW You ladies are amazing! All these fancy things. I knew I should have redone mine. Okay better next time with Joy's swap I promise!
Take care and thanks Sandye for thestamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2008, 02:55 PM   #3538  
Stazon Splitcoast

ok, after 2 months of debating, I ordered the Hanna Stamps, small dog set!

Have you guys seen the MFT teaser on her blog about the new dog set, woo hoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2008, 02:56 PM   #3539  
Stazon Splitcoast

Bonnie, sorry things have been so poopy, hang in there, think of the fun stuff you've got planned this summer- like seeing ME!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2008, 04:29 PM   #3540  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

Joy--I wish some of these companies would come out with stamps that I do not like! It never ends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2008, 07:24 PM   #3541  
Stazon Splitcoast

http://www.creativememories.com/Main.../Paisley-Maker

ENABLER ALERT:

CM is selling these again, so get them while you can, they used to be really, really hard to find!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #3542  
Pearl-ExPert

if you buy this let me know, thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2008, 07:45 PM   #3543  
Stazon Splitcoast

http://pattystamps.typepad.com/patty...ise/index.html

check out this ladies blog, it shows some new SU sets that will be released this year, including an owl set - keep scrolling down
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2008, 08:30 AM   #3544  
Die Cut Diva

Joy,

You will be all fixed up for our July vacation. Good Luck. Just think you will be all cleaned up in that area and fresh to start having babies (hopefully) when you are ready.

Today is National Scrapbooking Day but I am not going anywhere. I need to de-stress myself from this week. My wonderful husband is painting up a storm. He is painting the room in the cellar where we had the fire this winter. My house is looking so great with all this fresh paint. We really need to re-do the bathroom upstairs, and our son's room. I am always analyzing why people do the things they do. I am trying to figure out who my ASSS sister is in that swap. Julia and Sandye, do you know who your secret sister's are? Today I am wondering why my husband is on this painting marathon. I am not complaining. He hasn't talked about moving to FL in a while but something tells me if we go down there this summer and he likes it or my dad helps him find us a house he will know that our house will be almost all set to sell. Don't want to ask him or he may stop painting. Is it still raining where all of you live. This is getting depressing when you have bad weeks at work and the outside weather is bad too.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2008, 09:14 AM   #3545  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

I went to a stamp-a-stack this morning. So relaxing! My SU demo has this once a month. We make 4 different cards, and make 3 of each. She furnishes everything except adhesive. The only cost is a $20 order. She let me only make three of the cards, but I made six of one--so I have a swap all finished! Liz will be gone all day to work the sound system for her high school's talent show. Therefore, I think Jim and I will get to go out tonight! For people our age, we don't get to do that much anymore. I might even try to fit in a Michael's/Hobby Lobby shopping trip. Happy scrapbooking, everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2008, 12:56 PM   #3546  
Stazon Splitcoast

i hate the rain too, especially when we need to be working on the house. I worked my butt off at the pizza joint today, gonna take it easy tonight with a movie with my Polo pop.

Sandye, have a good evening!

Jacki, hope things are going well for you and that your back's not giving you too much trouble.

Julia, you out there, hopefully you're not buried in tins.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2008, 12:02 PM   #3547  
Die Cut Diva

What is everyone doing today? I did 3 swaps. Trying to get over a crazy week. Today I feel good. Yesterday wasn't so good. I took a nap and woke up to a crazy husband. My parents are still having a hard time with the person I have become. Now that my husband is mowing lawns with my husband he is repeating the same things to my husband how I am spending too much time away from the family. Funny how my daughter works, my son doesn't live at home and I am suppose to just sit home and do nothing. Sorry folks. I think my dad knows he can get to my husband and I really think if he knows my husband is mad at me I will spend more time with them. I don't know. This is a crazy situation. I thought it was better but I guess not.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2008, 12:53 PM   #3548  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi Bonnie,

What am I doing today???? Hubby just got on line & got me 4 new polo shirts and 2 new pants. I guess he felt guilty, as he just got himself some new golf shirts.

This weekend, I, also, printed out some directions for several swaps I'm in.
I'm still trying to find the right "Thinking of You" saying for a card I want to mail. I don't know the person - she has requested cards sent to her parents. They aren't doing well - hospice has been called in, so I want to find the right thing to say - any suggestions.

And I'm trying to motived myself to go downstairs to my craft room & work on a Challenge card I'd like to do.

Other then that - tomorrow, I'll finish up mailing out several swaps & Secret Buddy pkg., plus some RAK Cards.

Hey, Bonnie, when my kids left the nest, they told me to get a life. Well, that is - I can have my own life, except be there still when they need me. With having 4 kids & 6 grandbabies, my getting a life seams to always interfere with what they want me to do. So don't let your father or hubby get your goat. Tell them to get a life.

Love you bunches - bonnie
[email protected]

StampOhio
http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/sta...os/browse/e0cc

Spllitcoaststampers
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=170508
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2008, 07:15 AM   #3549  
Die Cut Diva

Talking

I got my sunshine cards yesterday. I loved them all. Great job ladies.

Tammy, is there any way I can get some of the images you made your card with. I will send you some images that I made my card with if you want.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2008, 09:34 AM   #3550  
Pearl-ExPert

Hey all I am getting ready to go no mail for the next week since we will be out of town.

Joy and julia we mailed out your sunshine and reilys today so you should have by thur or friday.

Karen and Sandye we also mailed your Riley's. I hope everyone has a great week and I will talk to everyone later.

All you mothers I hope you have a great Mother's day, I will be at Sea World in San Diego, with all of my hubbys family, it should be a nice time.

I will talk to you all next week.

Bonnie sent pm on the images.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2008, 04:03 AM   #3551  
Pearl-ExPert

Hello! everyone! Seems like forever since I have had the chance to chat on here. Hope everyone is doing good. The weather Has been really nice lately. But my asthma hasnt been very nice. Tree Pollen is very high right now. I cant believe that May 22nd is the last day 0f school for the boys. Both boys have summer jobs. They want and want. So, I told them to get busy... They want luxary items its out of their pocket. Geez its amazing how the kids today just want so many things. Its okay to spend my money but when it comes to their money," I have to be kidding" . LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2008, 07:51 AM   #3552  
Die Cut Diva

Tammy,
Have a great time. I will PM you when you get back.

Joy,
When are the cards due for the brown & pink swap? I am waiting to go to Micheal's to get another piece of paper. I was one little piece short. Other than that they are all done.

Hope everyone is having a great day. I am getting an award tonight and a FREE lite dinner at my weight loss group meeting. Loss 38 lbs. last year and that was the highest in my group for the year. I get a dollar for every lb I lost too. YEAH! Maybe I will save it to buy more clothes.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2008, 10:26 AM   #3553  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey gals! Tammy, have fun! I'm so jealous, i want to go somewhere!

Bonnie, I think I said June something, lol, too lazy to go back and look. I can't wait to get your cards!

Congrats on the weight loss, and free money, woo hoo, who wouldn't love that? I have recently started buying myself new clothes, well, not new, I go to Goodwill, but they're new to me I have clothes from high school still, lol.

I got my wedding scrapbook almost done, woo hoo, thanks so much Tracy for the letters. Did you get the animal images from me?

Julia, are you ok, check in with us!

Jackie, how about you, are you ok tooooooooooooo. i miss hearing from you girls!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #3554  
Mad Swapper

Hello Everyone...Been awhile for me too on here.
Just busy with everyday life and enjoying the beautiful weather we had here for awhile. YES JOY I did get those images yesterday or Monday in the mail. Thank you so much. Can't wait to see your wedding scrapbook!!
I bet it it georgous!
WEll I too am going away for a few days...My sister has a house in Cumberland so we are all going down there for Memorial Day Weekend!!
My neice is getting married the following weekend after that so all of the ladies are going to get away before the event. I'm excited cuz its been so long since I've been anywhere.
Congrats Bonnie on the weight loss. That is such a huge accomplishment!
I've gained quite a bit over the winter so hopefully now that Spring it REALLY here I can get out working in the yard and stay away from the fridge!
Take Care ALL
Tracy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2008, 04:48 PM   #3555  
Pearl-ExPert

Congrats Bonnie on the weight loss. 38lbs. Wow! I bet U look marvelous darling!! Ive lost 24. hubby has lost 40. I still have about 15lbs to go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2008, 05:26 PM   #3556  
Hardware Hotshot

Jackie, how about you, are you ok tooooooooooooo. i miss hearing from you girls![/QUOTE]

Hi - I am here! going tomorrow to see the Bengals doctor. Since they are the closes to me who has a open MRI machine. So I will be going to Paul Brown Stadium to have it done tomorrow and to see their doctor. It's funny as it is high security and have to have a security guard escort me there???? Like this old woman can/want those young boys LOL!!!!

So we shall see what comes of this! This is putting a damper on my life right now and I am having a hard time adjusting to limiting myself with many things. So hopefully therapy is where they will send me as I am not interested in any type of surgery at all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2008, 05:53 PM   #3557  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

Sounds like we all have been busy! Tomorrow makes my third day in a row that I have worked. Don't know how you ladies do it! By the time I get home and fix dinner, I have had it. It is really curtailing my stamping time. After tomorrow, I one more day--and I imagine that will be it for me this school year. The break will be nice. However, I imagine I will do a lot of driving with Liz this summer. Bonnie--I loved your brayered sky card. The bridge stamp looks awesome!!!!! Jackie, if you get lonely with your work sidekick gone, let me know
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2008, 06:06 PM   #3558  
Hardware Hotshot

Jackie, if you get lonely with your work sidekick gone, let me know[/QUOTE]

As busy as I am you would think I wouldn't have time being lonely but I am
I had to eat lunch by myself and had no one to talk to nor did I get a card update or enabling this morning when I came in.
But Sandye, I have your # so beware now that I know you will be home and not working!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2008, 08:20 PM   #3559  
Stazon Splitcoast

hey girls, Jackie, sooooo good to hear from you, and I will be thinking of you tomorrow! I hope it goes well, and they are nicer to you than the last peeps.

Tracy, glad you got the images, hope you can use them!

ok, I guess my spending diet is done - for now- since I have my vehicle insurance paid, woo hoo!

I was bad today and ordered all 3 new MFT sets! So freaking excited, but I couldn't help it! Polo agreed that it was a goooood buy!

AND I heard from Julia, and she gave me GREAT news today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2008, 02:02 AM   #3560  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

Thinking of you today, Jackie! Joy--WooHoo! Glad your spending diet is over. Karen--keep up the good work on the diet. Everyone else--Happy Thursday.
Reply With Quote Likes