Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-26-2008, 05:18 PM   #2521  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Karen,

My husband never goes away by himself and he is this weekend. He is going to visit his brother in upstate NY. I am not going because I would be bored out of my mind. I don't have anything in common with his family. They were raised that women were 2nd best. I have no idea (and no one else does either) how my husband turned out to be such a great husband. I will sit around this weekend and fart and think about you. LOL. Wish we could have a sleep over. We had such fun talking in KY. Wish you were coming in June. I have a picture of you and me hugging on my bookshelf at home. My office at work has pictures of other KY peeps.

Bonnie

Last edited by Inkonmyhands; 02-26-2008 at 05:43 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 06:55 PM   #2522  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

Bonnie:
Why were you and Karen hugging on the bookshelf?
Quote:

Originally Posted by InkonmyhandsView Post
Karen,

My husband never goes away by himself and he is this weekend. He is going to visit his brother in upstate NY. I am not going because I would be bored out of my mind. I don't have anything in common with his family. They were raised that women were 2nd best. I have no idea (and no one else does either) how my husband turned out to be such a great husband. I will sit around this weekend and fart and think about you. LOL. Wish we could have a sleep over. We had such fun talking in KY. Wish you were coming in June. I have a picture of you and me hugging on my bookshelf at home. My office at work has pictures of other KY peeps.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 04:23 AM   #2523  
Die Cut Diva

O.k., first you make me laugh every time. Second my brain works quicker than my hands. Right before Karen left we were hugging and Tracy took a picture of us. It is a nice photo. My daughter still tells me all of you love me more than my family. Well she is probably right. We talk every day and I don't talk to my family every day. Not talking to them every day is a good thing. My nephew is coming over after school today. He talks so much my ears will be hurting when he goes home. I remember when Cindy talked as much as him. He needs a shirt that says, Help! I've started talking and can't shut up! LOL. Love the little guy. I use to have him for a week each winter when his parents were still married and they took a vacation without him. I use to cry when he left. It is funny how kids adjust to things because our house is so different that how my sister's house is. We are much calmer people, eat supper much earlier than them, have our kids do chores, etc. He just does whatever he has to just to come over.

Bonnie

P.S. Joy how was your day yesterday!

Julia, how is the job coming along?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 09:17 AM   #2524  
Stazon Splitcoast

hi girls, checking in before my client appointment. I am sooooooo exhausted and my head is killing me. But I forced myself to come to work anyhow, today is a fairly easy day. Things are working out a little better with the family. Chris and I had a great evening alone together last night, we fixed and ate supper together and just talked about things while we were growing up, it was nice.

I have already gotten stuff for our road trip shoebox swap too. So, I guess we're doing that on Thursday night then with Bonnie's friends, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 10:05 AM   #2525  
Die Cut Diva

Joy,

I have to find some friends before we can stamp with them.

Do you have the Snoopy stamp where he is holding his bowl? I need some images for a Peanut card swap. I might have time tonight to send you that cardstock. Cindy had a bad heache last night so I left my office early.

Sandye,

Cynthia doesn't really eat chocolate. She eats cheese but not even every day. She has one cup of tea in the morning and doesn't really drink soda. We have been documenting all of this stuff since she has gotten the headaches.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 10:36 AM   #2526  
Stazon Splitcoast

Bonnie, no I'm sorry I don't have any Peanuts stamps

but a great place to get them, and PB and House Mouse, and GRUFFIES, are:

www.hmstamps.com

Last edited by daiseyfreak; 02-27-2008 at 12:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 12:35 PM   #2527  
Stazon Splitcoast

oh, just an FYI, Julia and Shay are both breathing, Shay said she just has a hard time keeping up with the thread, and Julia and I pm almost daily, but she's fine, working swing shift hours, some days, some nights, but still manages to stay up late, lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #2528  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreakView Post
oh, just an FYI, Julia and Shay are both breathing, Shay said she just has a hard time keeping up with the thread, and Julia and I pm almost daily, but she's fine, working swing shift hours, some days, some nights, but still manages to stay up late, lol!
Oh, good glad to hear they both are okay! Tammy was just asking about Shay?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #2529  
Pearl-ExPert

LOL ugh I was up until 3am last night. Work was crazy today. I clocked out for lunch and headed outside as I usually do to call Michael and see how his day is going. I was leaning on the wall facing the doors and saw the lights flicker. When I went in ALL our lights were out. So we closed our doors. This nut job had us conditioning the store in the dark. We couldn't find flashlights so we were using our cell phones for light. He finally told me I could go home after doing this for 15 minutes. UGH me and that place lol. Did I tell you guys I broke a register last week?! I don't mean kinda broke I mean had to get a replacement kind of broke lol.

My co-worker is gonna be like WOW you got so much done last night...NOT! Oh well lol. Hope everyone is doing well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #2530  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovingyoualwaysView Post
LOL ugh I was up until 3am last night. Work was crazy today. I clocked out for lunch and headed outside as I usually do to call Michael and see how his day is going. I was leaning on the wall facing the doors and saw the lights flicker. When I went in ALL our lights were out. So we closed our doors. This nut job had us conditioning the store in the dark. We couldn't find flashlights so we were using our cell phones for light. He finally told me I could go home after doing this for 15 minutes. UGH me and that place lol. Did I tell you guys I broke a register last week?! I don't mean kinda broke I mean had to get a replacement kind of broke lol.

My co-worker is gonna be like WOW you got so much done last night...NOT! Oh well lol. Hope everyone is doing well.
Julia Julia Julia??? What are we going to do with you girlfriend? You can't be breaking registars and blowing out the lights!!!! Not the way to make the money!! Your too funny, not sounding like your liking the boy there???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 05:28 PM   #2531  
Pearl-ExPert

He's just a little OCD about some stuff...like conditioning...when there is no light. He seems like a good man. BUT he is still in Kroger mode and HELLO we are not at Kroger's anymore. I "heard" a lot of people are wanting to quit because of him, not good. He has me scheduled 8-12 tomorrow but I bet he asks me to stay since I am "technically" the only person in my department and basically none of my order got put out yesterday. So no 3am tonight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 05:31 PM   #2532  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovingyoualwaysView Post
He's just a little OCD about some stuff...like conditioning...when there is no light. He seems like a good man. BUT he is still in Kroger mode and HELLO we are not at Kroger's anymore. I "heard" a lot of people are wanting to quit because of him, not good. He has me scheduled 8-12 tomorrow but I bet he asks me to stay since I am "technically" the only person in my department and basically none of my order got put out yesterday. So no 3am tonight.
Get some sleep and keep smilin! Girlfriend! tomorrow is another day!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 05:33 PM   #2533  
Pearl-ExPert

He doesn't bother me really. At least he finally putting me as 3rd and 4th backup for cashier. Kind of hard to order 2000 products when you are on a register all the time lol. OH WELL.

Off to watch big brother and sleep.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 05:38 PM   #2534  
Hardware Hotshot

Sleep tight- going to bed early myself - didn't sleep good last night, with my face all chopped up it was hard to find a way to lay that I wasn't laying on a incesion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 05:40 PM   #2535  
Pearl-ExPert

I typically sleep on back. I have a bad back so sleeping on my stomach or side for a long amount of time never helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 06:02 PM   #2536  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Girls,

Just stopping in for a quick hello! Took Cynthia to the doctor's today. They are giving her a CAT SCAN on Wednesday to make sure everything is o.k. since she has gotten these severe migraines all of a sudden. Just made her tea. She said something warm will make her feel good. Had a little problem tonight. The meds the doctor gave her for the migraine interfer with another med she takes. The pharamist told me about this and I called the doctor. The doctor didn't call back for 4 hours so I read what might happen and I decide she could take the meds. Wouldn't you know the doctor calls 5 minutes after she took the meds and said whatever you do, DO NOT take the medicine. OOPS, too late but Cindy was afraid to tell her that. Back on the phone I had to go. Nothing happened but we are not giving it to her again when is good but back because the other medicine isn't as effective and it will make her sleepy. I will update you tomorrow on that. She is drinking the tea and going to bed. Guess I will go visit my husband in bed since he is leaving me Friday. Boo Hoo. He says it is o.k. when I leave him but I don't like it when he leaves me. Funny how that works. I will not have to be a wife at least this weekend. Hey! Just going to be a mom and maybe a sister or aunt.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 07:01 PM   #2537  
Stazon Splitcoast

ok, so now we know not to let Julia do anything too technical on the road trip, like look under the hood, the motor might blow up, lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 07:02 PM   #2538  
Stazon Splitcoast

ok girls, off to bed, my head is KILLING me again. nighty night!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 07:05 PM   #2539  
Pearl-ExPert

LOL Joy! I normally do so well with stuff but lately ugh. Oh hey Joy! I got my lamp parts in today. I'll post a picture for you on my blog I hope tomorrow. I ran out of paper clips so it isn't as full as I would have liked. PLUS I need nuts for the third tier to right now it only has 2 tiers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 07:11 PM   #2540  
Stazon Splitcoast

yay! I want to see pics. I remember the first time you showed me, I thought you were crazy! But now, I want one, and Chris said he'd build me one. He built me a punch holder, and I love it. I need to take pics of it too. ugh, I am so behind on taking pics of stuff, but I'll get to it!

seriously, going to bed now, night!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 07:13 PM   #2541  
Pearl-ExPert

yup yup I am too! I have quite a few happy mail things to post and now this. I am just happy to have a clean space to work now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 09:00 PM   #2542  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, ladies. Sorry I have been MIA from this thread. I guess all the talk about the road trip, I don't have anything to say...

DS had his 2 month shots today. He is very sleepy. Had to wake him to get him to eat a little more. He's getting so big. DH pulled out some pics from CD to make a DVD with music (had troubles doing that and didn't figure everything out), but dd has gotten so big.
Joy, remember how tiny she was when we met? She looks like such a big girl now.

I finally mailed my creative folds cards today. Sorry for the delay. They went Priority. I was so tired and having a "mommy brain" day and worried about my little guy, since he just had his shots right before our trip to the P.O.
Bonnie, please make a label with a pc of paper and tape or something. I had the envie with your addy for shipping (orig. intended to use that envie to go to you. Then, I was going to ship them to myself now! Had to rip open the Priority envie and make out a new one. Luckily the postal worker noticed that I did that. She is so good to me. So, I was going to ship the wrong way each time. Too bad I couldn't just switch envies. They are going 1st class back to me to save money. I put extra postage inside.
I didn't get a label, because I wasn't waiting in line for 20 more min to make another purchase.
Thanks, Bonnie.
Gourmet Play Food Etsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 09:03 PM   #2543  
Stazon Splitcoast

Anyone ever have someone assume the sale? I found a thread asking for interest if a swap was started. I said I was interested in joining, depending on when the due date was and type of recipes and such. So, a day or so later, she started it and added me. I did want to join, but the way I was added was odd. I honestly thought another thing to do in Feb. was too quick for me. Am I too nice that I'm doing the swap?
Gourmet Play Food Etsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 09:04 PM   #2544  
Stazon Splitcoast

Joy, I hope you get that head to stop hurting soon. I know it is hard to function with a hurting head. I used to get headaches so bad that I puked. Glad I outgrew that!
Gourmet Play Food Etsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 09:26 PM   #2545  
Stazon Splitcoast

my b-day is 9/22/75
Gourmet Play Food Etsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 04:27 AM   #2546  
Die Cut Diva

Shay,

It was so nice to hear from you. Just because we are talking about the road trip doesn't mean you can't come and talk about what is going on in your life like you just did. We love to know what is going on in your life. I have to ask you about your headaches since we are going thru that right now with Cynthia. Did you get them when you were a teenager? I have heard they could be hormonal? I don't know since they started when she had the flu??
Just wondering.

Sandye,
I bought the set You Know you are old when . . . from the Gina K. website. Thought of you when I bought it, LOL.

If anyone wants images or any of the saying of that set when it comes in let me know.

Karen, Just sent your bella and saying stamp out.

Cindy still has a head ache but much better. HEY!

ROAD TRIP GIRLS, I thought if each of you brought one set of stamps (or little container of stamps )and a bunch of white card stock we could all stamp some images of your set/stamps. You girls don't need to bring any SU inks as I have all 48 of them (unless they are any of the in-color ones). I have most colors of the craft ink pads. I have a few other various inks. I have all the 48 markers and the SU watercolor pencils and whole set of watercolor crayons. Hey you girls can go thru my stamp room and use any set I have. Won't it be fun just to see what someone else has? While you are at it you can clean the room too.

Where are everyone's swap cards? Tomorrow is the due date. Let me know.
Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 04:37 AM   #2547  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

Bonnie:
How ironic! I was just getting ready to put a request on Wish RAK for the Gina K set you bought! I definitely want copies. I love that set!!!!! I just bought a Hanna Riley Moose stamp (Coffee Riley) so that I could join Jackie's Riley swap. Anyone want copies of that so that they can join? Bonnie--I'll automatically send some to you. You need to go and join! Liz has school today I had a sub job, but it was cancelled since today is now an exam day. Unfortunately, we are again expecting snow tomorrow. Good to hear from you, Shay. I'm going to a card class tomorrow evening. A lady has these in her home. She always makes 4 cards, shows us some new product, and demonstrates a new technique. I go with three of my stamping friends--it is a fun night out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 05:01 AM   #2548  
Die Cut Diva

I wanna come to a stamping event? I knew I could get your attention with that stamp set. When it comes in I will let you know and we can talk about what images/sayings you want (if not all of them). Love the you know your old when you and your teeth don't sleep together. ha, ha. I also love the one about your ears having more hair than your nose. I have been noticing that my husband is getting older looking and I pick the hair out from his ears. Shh, don't tell me I said he is getting old looking. I think working outside someones whole life does that too them. I think it will be like my mom and dad. My dad is getting little issues like losing his hair and dry scalp and my mom has no issues (will not like that. She definately has issues).

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #2549  
Stazon Splitcoast

I got the headaches when I was about 9. I was in puberty, but definitely finished getting them when I was a teenager.
Gourmet Play Food Etsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 10:37 AM   #2550  
Pearl-ExPert

My cards should be at your house today or tomorrow. We sent them a few days ago. I want to say Monday, I can't remember sorry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #2551  
Die Cut Diva

Where is every one tonight? It is freezing here today. Got my electric bill from last month not having our pellet stove. I knew it would be high. It was more than double what we pay when we are using the pellet stove to heat the house. I hate electric.

I got Tammy and Julia's cards today. How are the other's coming along?

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 05:21 PM   #2552  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

I'm here! Actually I am working on swaps--for May!!!!! Guess what we are expecting tomorrow, Bonnie--another snow/sleet/ice. I'm thinking of moving to Florida with your parents. I finished my acetate cards, and I like making them
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 05:24 PM   #2553  
Pearl-ExPert

There you go reminding me of the crap weather we are getting again, sigh. I'm so glad the cards made it there. I was trying so hard to get them there before the 29th. I dropped out of so many swaps when I got the job but couldn't NOT do this one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 05:24 PM   #2554  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi girls, just came on line, had to run to HL for Pinewood derby parts for Hunter and Buzz then went to the gym - I really need to be working on swaps as I got behind and have some due next week I need to finish.

Pick up something today Bonnie for you, I will get it in the mail this weekend!
Sorry Sandye not a surprise, just a something I picked up! for when we all visit Bonnie in June!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #2555  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgcView Post
I'm here! Actually I am working on swaps--for May!!!!! Guess what we are expecting tomorrow, Bonnie--another snow/sleet/ice. I'm thinking of moving to Florida with your parents. I finished my acetate cards, and I like making them
They are saying we are only suppose to get a dusting!!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 05:29 PM   #2556  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2stampmamajackiView Post
They are saying we are only suppose to get a dusting!!! LOL
But I heard that it is coming at rush hour and could cause big problems for schools!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 05:30 PM   #2557  
Die Cut Diva

Kinda early to be doing May cards isn't it. Are you thinking about June too. I am. Counting down the days. Maybe I should be putting big X's on my calendar. Can't stay on to late tonight because my husband is leaving tomorrow so I should at least get into the bed the same time he does. Then I will write out some cards. I was just going to look up some example of acetate cards.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 05:30 PM   #2558  
Pearl-ExPert

Is there something going on with Derby cars?! You are the 3rd person this week to talk about derby cars in HL. Just thought I would ask.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 05:32 PM   #2559  
Die Cut Diva

We are getting the snow Friday night into Saturday. Cindy is in bed already. Med's not working. We are sitting down with an Army recruiter tomorrow. Did I tell you all that is what she is going to do. Do 4 years of pre-med and then join the Army or some service branch to do her 4 years of med school.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 05:35 PM   #2560  
Pearl-ExPert

that's awesome Bonnie, you have such a good girl there. I'm a military brat. My father is a retired Lt. Colonel for the Air Force.
Reply With Quote Likes