Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-25-2008, 09:50 AM   #2481  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JULIA AND KAREN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU GALS!!!!!

AND MANY MANY MANY MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 09:51 AM   #2482  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgcView Post
Happy Birthday Julia and Karen!!!!!
Sorry I chose the same color as Joy! I must have short-term memory loss. By the time I got the screen up to change the color, I forgot what color she had picked!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 01:19 PM   #2483  
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Birthday Karen and Julia! I hope you had a great day and are able to enjoy it.

Sorry I got my dates messed up and sent your cards but of course not until today sorry I got a little behind!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 02:00 PM   #2484  
Die Cut Diva

Sandye,

Don't think I am a scum bag but for the Mini swap we are in I sent you a package and the container is a bit (o.k A LOT) scratched. It is a winter theme and if I waited for the third container to come in it would be summer. I have bought two containers and Tyson has tried to get into both of them. None of the candy was hurt in the process or touched by him. Luckily he couldn't get into the container. Didn't want to post this on the other thread.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 02:22 PM   #2485  
Mad Swapper

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIA.
I DIDN"T FORGET ABOUT YOU GIRL.
HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT ONE.

YOU TOO KAREN! I SENT YOUR BDAY WISHES IN A PRIOR POST.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 02:39 PM   #2486  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkonmyhandsView Post
Sandye,

Don't think I am a scum bag but for the Mini swap we are in I sent you a package and the container is a bit (o.k A LOT) scratched. It is a winter theme and if I waited for the third container to come in it would be summer. I have bought two containers and Tyson has tried to get into both of them. None of the candy was hurt in the process or touched by him. Luckily he couldn't get into the container. Didn't want to post this on the other thread.

Bonnie
I would never think you were a scum bag! I hope that you don't think that I am a copy cat! I bought some of the containers like you had with m&ms and plan on using them in the holiday mini swap. I will not put candy in them, though. I bought bella baubles at Michaels today (in the floral department). Five ounces for $3.99! Much better price than with bella! I sent card kits for St. Patrick's cards plus bella baubles. Your package will be different from the others, but be sure that you do not let Tyson get the glass baubles! Liz saw the container you sent--and she wants 15 of them for her friends for St. Patrick's Day. Of course, she also wants 15 St. Patrick's Day cards! Her friends think that she makes the cards. Oh well--she could, if she had time! She has trimester exams tomorrow and Wednesday (if they have school. Snow/ice is predicted again). I want to move south!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 03:47 PM   #2487  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for the heads up Sandye about the baubles I am going to have to check that out!. I am liking them more and more but not the price. on my order I placed today I did get some clear ones so we will see.

Do we have a b-day list? I would like one if we done anyone interested? I know we all love to get happy mail and how much nicer would it be to get several?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 04:08 PM   #2488  
Die Cut Diva

Talking

I don't have a birthday list but we can start one

Month/day & year if you want:

Bonnie 08/13/1970

Sandye, isn't copying a style of making cards/containers!

Joy, Sandye sent me some of that cat & dog cardstock a long time agon. Like Sandye I have used it in many, many swap and still have some left. I would like to cut it up in 4 x 5.5" pieces for you to give out to your peeps for your animal swap. I will only send them to you if you want them. If not, I will give it to someone else.

Bonnie

Last edited by Inkonmyhands; 02-26-2008 at 03:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 04:26 PM   #2489  
Die Cut Diva

Default ACETATE CARDS

Here is a swap thread to make acetate cards. Seems like some of us should join. Tell them Bonnie sent ya. Tammy are you doing swaps. You are so good at acetate cards. Sandye, I sent you some acetate so you can join too. Don't worry this will be a challenge for me too. Maybe I will use my nestabilities (whatever they are called) on them.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...=1#post8917239

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 05:12 PM   #2490  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

Okay, Bonnie. I joined!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 05:43 PM   #2491  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Girls

Well, I wished I would of know about the baubles at Mike's just got in from there and Hobby Lobby were shopping for Pinewood Derby cars actually a truck so we can make a Camo one for this Sat. Well this is one project GG is not involved in. It's a guy thing and one my DH totally enjoys, but one I have to remind him it's about Hunter wants!!!

Rough day, went to see my skin doc and walked out all scrapped up!! Litterally - Tammy called me patches when I got back to work!
So, he burned a spot on chest and spot on left cheek, he says these are nothing - then scrapped a spot on left jaw line which he is sending off - probally will come back with something- then removed a bigger spot on my right cheek by ear- is sending off but doesn't think it will come back! So we shall see. Tingling all over this evening and my chest is pretty sore but overall a good report from him today Horay- for another year hopefully!.

Last edited by luv2stampmamajacki; 02-25-2008 at 05:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 05:47 PM   #2492  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Okay, Bonnie. I joined!
I joined too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 05:55 PM   #2493  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girls, today was a bad day, so I hope everyone else is having a better day. I cried like 10 times today, and I hardly ever cry.

Bonnie, on a brigher note, I would love to have the paper. i always send the swappers something in my swaps, and I would probably use some of it myself At least someone loves me, that makes me feel good

My b-day 9-24

Julia, Karen, hope you both had fantabulous b-days!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 06:00 PM   #2494  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreakView Post
Hey girls, today was a bad day, so I hope everyone else is having a better day. I cried like 10 times today, and I hardly ever cry.

Bonnie, on a brigher note, I would love to have the paper. i always send the swappers something in my swaps, and I would probably use some of it myself At least someone loves me, that makes me feel good

My b-day 9-24

Julia, Karen, hope you both had fantabulous b-days!
Oh Joy, I hate to hear you had such a bad day!!! Who is it and I will come and kick some booty for you!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 06:19 PM   #2495  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2stampmamajackiView Post
Oh Joy, I hate to hear you had such a bad day!!! Who is it and I will come and kick some booty for you!!!!
oh Jacki, I adore you, you're so sweet It'll get better, it always does, I just have to remember that. I just have to remember the stuff I tell clients. That's hard to do sometimes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 06:27 PM   #2496  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

oh Jacki, I adore you, you're so sweet It'll get better, it always does, I just have to remember that. I just have to remember the stuff I tell clients. That's hard to do sometimes.
Yeap! It is always easier to give the advice then to take it. But with all you have been through with being sick, getting everything ready for the wedding, working two jobs and I am sure a dozen other things causing stress, sometimes we are entitled to a day of not having it all together! Yes it will get better and I am sure tommorow will bring some ray of sunshine for you! Be it Polo or hubby!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 06:39 PM   #2497  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

That's funny (not funny--but ironic!)--I had one of those bad days on Friday. I cried so much my eyes hurt. For me, that cannot be tied into "time of the month". Everything just made me sad! Jacki--will you kick some booty for me also? I could give you my daughter's address--she needs some kicking! Sometimes I get depressed that Liz shares some of those same genes. If she turns out like her mother, I will not be able to make enough cards to console myself. Cardmaking is my answer to depression and those bad days (sorry Joy--guess I should give a plug for therapists here!). I almost got caught up on swaps, then I joined one that has multiple sections, and I signed up for five different sections. I might need those spots to console myself over something else! I also shop to console myself--placed an order from eyelet outlet (great clearance prices!), stamping bella, and sassy stamps. Then I shopped at Michaels today, plus bought three new pairs of pj's. I feel better now! All you Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati people, Dillards have some great buys on pj's. Tops and bottoms--each piece about $6. On these snow days that I have not had to take Liz to school, I have been lounging around in pj's most of the day. I change right before Jim comes home from work! We haven't heard from either of the birthday girls today, have we? Hopefully, they are out celebrating. BTW, my birthday is April 23--coming up soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 06:58 PM   #2498  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

That's funny (not funny--but ironic!)--I had one of those bad days on Friday. I cried so much my eyes hurt. For me, that cannot be tied into "time of the month". Everything just made me sad! Jacki--will you kick some booty for me also? I could give you my daughter's address--she needs some kicking! Sometimes I get depressed that Liz shares some of those same genes. If she turns out like her mother, I will not be able to make enough cards to console myself. Cardmaking is my answer to depression and those bad days (sorry Joy--guess I should give a plug for therapists here!). I almost got caught up on swaps, then I joined one that has multiple sections, and I signed up for five different sections. I might need those spots to console myself over something else! I also shop to console myself--placed an order from eyelet outlet (great clearance prices!), stamping bella, and sassy stamps. Then I shopped at Michaels today, plus bought three new pairs of pj's. I feel better now! All you Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati people, Dillards have some great buys on pj's. Tops and bottoms--each piece about $6. On these snow days that I have not had to take Liz to school, I have been lounging around in pj's most of the day. I change right before Jim comes home from work! We haven't heard from either of the birthday girls today, have we? Hopefully, they are out celebrating. BTW, my birthday is April 23--coming up soon!

Give me the addy and I am there, been awhile since I had to kick booty but I can still do it! or at least I think I can.
Sandye, I too have a daughter that needs a good hard kick, almost did it myself the other day. I guess we all have those days.

- let's think happy thoughts ROAD TRIP!! maybe?? You both are still planning on going right????
Boy, I wish I could sit around in my pj's!!! I think a mental health day is what I need, must work this into my schedule?

Oh by the way I decided I don't have B-days anymore so 7/15 will need to be something else grand!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 07:23 PM   #2499  
Stazon Splitcoast

families are great sometimes, but other times, they can be the greatest source of heartache. thus, the case with me today, oi. But yes, Polo is the BEST THERAPIST. he always knows when I have a bad day, he's on my lap right now I just love him.

As much as I hate crying, I know it's good for me, better than punching someone. I always say, tears are for the soul as soap is for the body!

But yes, I AM TOTALLY GOING ON THE ROADTRIP, and I'll go by myself if I have to, b/c I totally deserve a vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'll have that prescribed to me, in mass quantities.....

Last edited by daiseyfreak; 02-25-2008 at 07:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 07:28 PM   #2500  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2stampmamajackiView Post

Oh by the way I decided I don't have B-days anymore so 7/15 will need to be something else grand!
um, excuse me, but isn't this a good reason to have people buy you stamps and stuff and spoil you and adore you for the whole day.................my b-day is my absolute favorite holiday, b/c it's MY DAY FOR A WHOLE 24 hours!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 05:35 AM   #2501  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

families are great sometimes, but other times, they can be the greatest source of heartache. thus, the case with me today, oi. But yes, Polo is the BEST THERAPIST. he always knows when I have a bad day, he's on my lap right now I just love him.

As much as I hate crying, I know it's good for me, better than punching someone. I always say, tears are for the soul as soap is for the body!

But yes, I AM TOTALLY GOING ON THE ROADTRIP, and I'll go by myself if I have to, b/c I totally deserve a vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'll have that prescribed to me, in mass quantities.....
Joy you will not be going alone!!!!! - As I will be there too!!! It's a date hopefully everyone else will be able to go too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 06:17 AM   #2502  
Die Cut Diva

Okay girls, I am always telling you my problems. Just because I have a cold sore from the stress of my son you can tell me your problems. Did I tell you I just got him a new cell phone (with a rebate it was free) so when he moves out in a couple of weeks he will have no excuse to why we can't get a hold of him . . . and he lost in sledding. Good thing we got insurance on it. Just a $50.00 copay. That is his problem now. Now why did Sandye be sad on Friday and not tell me. I could have been sad with you. You are always there for me. Look what you have helped me thru. Talk to me girl. Joy, I am glad I brought sunshine to your rainy day (tears). I have to tell you since my MTV experience I don't look at my family (parents, sister, etc.) the same. The ones I put my all into have hurt me SOOOOO much. We are your family here and we won't hurt you. Well, we may hurt your pocketbook by enabling you but other than that we won't hurt you. I promise, right girls. HUGS, KISS, HUG, KISS. You know a hug and kiss from me will make everything all better.

HUG, KISS, HUG, KISS to Sandye too.

Hell, HUG, KISS, HUGS, KISS to all of you.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 06:17 AM   #2503  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

What's all this talk of not going? Are people thinking of backing out? I have already purchased items for one thing of mine for the shoebox swap! I'll be there--as long as I don't have to drive. It would take too long if you stayed off of the expressways!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 06:20 AM   #2504  
Die Cut Diva

I would come and pick you all up. Well, my husband would. LOL. No one can back out. This is set in stone in my date book. Jackie, tell them they have to come, right. wink, wink. Plus Sandye and I have things we are already planning.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 07:07 AM   #2505  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

Okay Bonnie. What is this Jackie, wink, wink? You know I hate secrets--unless I am involved in them I want to see the countdown!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 08:12 AM   #2506  
Pearl-ExPert

You all are a riot!

Joy you must take care of yourself, yes you must cry it is hard but it is necessary!

Sandye, I am sorry you had a bad day but even more sorry that you did not share this with us so we could make you laugh or at least smile.

I could make you all laugh out loud if I shared some of my family secrets/stories! I wont though b/c if you laugh out loud someone might think you have gone mad!!!!

anyway everyone keep your chin up and remember we have another family on Splitcoast where they can be anything we want them to and no one can tell us otherwise!

and they are much less demanding b/c they are in the same boat as we are!

Oh and about the Roadtrip we are going!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 08:19 AM   #2507  
Insane Embellisher

It is my turn to "kvetch" (Yiddish word for complain) about family. I haven't seen my mom in 2 years even though I have been within 2 hours of her house on 2 occassions and we had plans this week for me to visit for 2 days. She lives in Flagstaff and I am in Phoenix for a show next weekend. I got a cold last weekend and she told me not to come because she didn't want to get it since she has no sick time from work. Maybe, if I am better I can come next Monday instead. Feeling all the love?? End of Jewish guilt trip, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 08:51 AM   #2508  
Die Cut Diva

Julie,

Glad to see you here. I feel the love WE have for you.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 09:19 AM   #2509  
Pearl-ExPert

I am sorry Julie that sounds like something my mom would say, gotta love em! ok everyone group hug!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #2510  
Stazon Splitcoast

yes, I love my SCS family. you guys make me happy. I feel blah today, just want to curl up in bed at home with Polo, not listen to clients today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 10:15 AM   #2511  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Road Trip

Yes we are going to CT come June 4th so mark your calendars!!!!! No one has back out that I know of, but I know one is stated not sure if they can with work now.

No the road trip is still on - and the fun will just begin. Yes Bonnie us girls will be there with bells on!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 10:57 AM   #2512  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

Joy, Jackie, Tammy--you all must help me! I feel the need to be in all of the same swaps you all are in (we are SCS family--we must stick together). Therefore, I signed up for the coaster swap. The only coaster that I have ever made was the one at the shoebox swap. Wouldn't six of those cost a fortune to mail? Can one of you tell me how to make the chipboard ones? I have lots of chipboard coasters (I bought mine ). Can I use scrapbook paper or cardstock images on the coaster? I read that Celestial Stamper said that Royal Coat is the best thing to use to coat it with. Julie: would you want me to contact your mother? We could see about making a swap. She could take my youngest daughter (no worry, she would never visit or call or pass germs!) and you could call me Mom. You could visit anytime you wanted to! Do you think you are too old to be adopted? Why do families have to be so difficult? What happened to the Cleavers? Jackie--they don't know what I am talking about!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 11:42 AM   #2513  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sandye, yes, you can use DP or cs on the chipboard ones. I am probably just going to use modgepodge to coat mine. Yes, i was excited to see you guys sign up I love my SCS family, but I already said that, but can never say it enough

I probably won't even use them, I just get stuff like this to look at it and oooohhhh and aaaaah over, lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 12:29 PM   #2514  
Pearl-ExPert

Funny funny, Sandye I love when I notice you are on a swap with us and I can now pick out your cards!

It is funny when I look though my cards I always check and see if I know who made them!

By the way I do know about the cleavers! you all are not the only ancient secrets!

Oh Families cant live with them cant live without them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 03:35 PM   #2515  
Die Cut Diva

I know who the Cleaver are. They are that imaginary family I would like to have. I have put my heart out too much to my family. Still love them but they still hurt me often.

Sandye, you better have a big house with lots of room because you said you would adopted me. When we all come to visit it might get tight.

Already told my husband I was saving to go back to Kentucky next year. Families that don't live near each other should see each other at least 2x per year.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 03:49 PM   #2516  
Pearl-ExPert

OY VEY! You guys need a road trip? What are you guys doing this weekend. MY boys & DH are headed to Morristown TN.BMX race, Anyone want to visit? Just me & the 2 doggies. Let me know. We can set up all night... scrap... eat... cry... fart... watch movies... pop popcorn. whatever are SC family want to do. I am on a diet so, I dont have much junk food, but I could get some.

I am so sorry that Joy, Sandye are sad. Julie your mom sounds like my mother. Do you know that my parents hardly ever go out. They havent been to maybe 5 things total that my boys have been in. Never been to a BMX race. I even offer to pick them up all the time & take home. It totally amazes me that my parents dont want to see my boys. Man not only are my boys missing knowing their grandparents but they are missing alot about them. I used to cry all the time about them. I invited them over for dinner for my birthday. My mom turned me down, had to clean house. GRRRRRR... So if you guys want add them to the kick booty list.
Julie I feel your pain. Bonnie take care of yourself. Take L-lysine. great for vitiman suppliement. take for 6 months. then off for 1 month. and back on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 03:54 PM   #2517  
Pearl-ExPert

Your right Bonnie. 2 x a year. my door is always open. Hugs to everyone.
And thank you so much for alll the wishes and cards everyone sent me. I really appreciate it. It really made my day. Hugs to you guys. Bonnie I mailed your money order today. So, I guess by thursday or friday you should get it. Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 03:58 PM   #2518  
Pearl-ExPert

be back later, gotta study world civ with oldest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 04:02 PM   #2519  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Joy, Jackie, Tammy--you all must help me! I feel the need to be in all of the same swaps you all are in (we are SCS family--we must stick together). Therefore, I signed up for the coaster swap. The only coaster that I have ever made was the one at the shoebox swap. Wouldn't six of those cost a fortune to mail? Can one of you tell me how to make the chipboard ones? I have lots of chipboard coasters (I bought mine ). Can I use scrapbook paper or cardstock images on the coaster? I read that Celestial Stamper said that Royal Coat is the best thing to use to coat it with. Julie: would you want me to contact your mother? We could see about making a swap. She could take my youngest daughter (no worry, she would never visit or call or pass germs!) and you could call me Mom. You could visit anytime you wanted to! Do you think you are too old to be adopted? Why do families have to be so difficult? What happened to the Cleavers? Jackie--they don't know what I am talking about!
Oh but I do, and to think I recreated Wally! or at least one of my off springs did! LOL!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 05:04 PM   #2520  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Karen I so wish I could come and visit this weekend! sounds like it would be a blast unforntaly hubby has been on call for the last two weekends an dhe is not this weekend so I guess I have to stick kinda close. we need to plan one though.
Reply With Quote Likes