Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #2441  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey all how is everyone!? Joy love the card glad to see it put to use. I love that image it is just fun! I just got a stamp that says kick up your boots!
Everyone have a great weekend it looks like the thread has been very quiet these last couple of days.

Bonnie how is your sister? I hope she is doing ok.

Julia how is the job?

Jackie how was work today?

Ok check out Stampin bella free shipping for long weekend! number on blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 05:46 PM   #2442  
Pearl-ExPert

Bonnie I work for an oral surgeon. how is your sister. Dry sockets happen when the blood clot gets washed out. swelling is normal. cold on cheek for the first 24 hours. then warm moist heat. The best is not to use straws for the first week. no smoking. Have her rinse with warm salt water starting the second day. Swelling & discomfort are at its peek 3-4 days after surgery. Now is she gets better then all of sudden pain is worst. Throbbing up to ear. She has a dry socket. needs dressing placed in socket. let me know how she does. Take care of yourself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 05:48 PM   #2443  
Pearl-ExPert

Bonnie how much do you want for the bella? let me know. And if you have an others. let me know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 05:48 PM   #2444  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone. I miss you guys.
Julia where do you work?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 05:51 PM   #2445  
Pearl-ExPert

I work at hobby lobby. Work is good. I get to place my first order tomorrow! I saw the bella free shipping. I've already placed stuff in my cart. Waiting to see if any more new stuff comes out before I order. Will probably order on Monday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 06:45 PM   #2446  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

Julia: I have stuff in my cart also--but I feel like I have to wait and see if there is more! I would really like a new bella. Bonnie: How is your sister? Are you still Ms. Pleasant, wonderful nurse? Joy: Getting a lot of stamping done? I finished several swaps today! Karen: I didn't know that you worked for an oral surgeon. Prior to teaching days, I spent several years working in doctor's offices. Worked for a urologist, a thoracic surgeon, obstetricians, and a dermatologist. Interesting jobs, dealing with the public! Julia: I haven't seen a countdown lately! Jackie and Tammy: I see you both leaving each other messages on here lately. Aren't you working together? Tracy: Are you feeling better now? Haven't heard much from you lately. Didn't I read some place that Julie is in Arizona? I'm jealous--I bet they don't have snow and ice! I hate it!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 07:07 PM   #2447  
Pearl-ExPert

If you go to her forum section and read the recent party thread, it doesn't sound like there is going to be new bellas this weekend. But who knows. She said she was adding more embellishments though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 12:48 PM   #2448  
Stazon Splitcoast

hey girls! trying to take it easy today, my head has started hurting again, and it hasn't hurt like this since December, not a good sign.

looks like she did release a new bella so far, ohsoprettybella, not too crazy about her, thank goodness, my checkbook can't take anymore. but I am going to take advantage of the free shipping and give some bellas a new home
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 01:11 PM   #2449  
Pearl-ExPert

Hey Joy, how are ya. I like you am not real crazy about the new one, We are getting ready to place a new order at work though, last check we were up to about $130. I just got the good luckabella as a gift the other day. I was so tickled, Like you I have been skipped over in the past with some of the SS swaps not here but from Bellaholics so I was very happy to get a very nice one the other day.

Is everyone ok?

Jackie and I work together still but we have actually had to work for a change! I took off yesterday so I had not seen her.

Sandye we are going to go to lunch very soon we just have not had a chance to work out the dets yet.

Everyone have a great evening!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 03:34 PM   #2450  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Girls,

I am alive. Hung out with my sister all day yesterday. Snow day so it was a little difficult with my high maintanence nephew. Whew, glad he is at his dad's house this weekend for my sister's sake and mine. Yes, she is in a lot of pain. The bottom wisdom teeth were a lot worst than they thought so she may have numbness in her lower lip for a while. She has only slept 3 hours in three days. My daughter and I took her to the surgeons for an emergency appt this afternoon. Yes, she has 2 dry sockets. Just called her and she thinks she has dry sockets on the top now. The bottom ones were given her so much pain that she thought it was all them but she now thinks the tops may have them too. She is someone that always gets the worst of any surgery. Like I said before her body does not react well to pain. They had to give her an increase in pain strength. She is someone who always does what the doctor tells her to do too. Hasn't really eaten lots but has rinsed and done the cold compresses every 20 minutes and hasn't drank thru a straw but still got the dry sockets. Her boyfriend will be home with her tomorrow BUT women always take better care of you than other men. YES, Sandye I am still the pleasant care taker. I started vacuuming her house today because I couldn't handle the dog hair. My mom and dad came over this morning and made all of us eggs and toast. My kids and I were at my sisters waiting for the doctor to call. I guess my sister had called them to cry to them too. Nice little get together. My family is very compassionate when someone is ill. Cindy and I just got done making sugar cookies and natural home made dog biscuits for a bake sale that we are volunteering for tomorrow. Cindy thinks I am silly making the dog biscuits. I hope they all sell before her sugar cookie. Dogs have to have treats too. My dogs loved them. Stamping in between everything. Cindy just let to go babysitting. Guess I better give my husband some attention while she is away.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 03:40 PM   #2451  
Die Cut Diva

Motor mouth is back. Having talked much to anyone except sit and watch tv for the last two days. I forgot to tell you how I am going to kill my boxer, Tyson. I made and package up 8 candy treat. (Sandye, like the one I sent with you package this week) for an another swap I am in and he dug thru the packages and ate 6 of them. All that time and not to mention all the choc. he ate. Everyone wonders why he is so fat. This is why.

Karen, $10.50 is fine for the snowbunnybella, warm hugs saying and the shipping to you. Just send me a check and I will get them out to you on Monday.

Jackie, Got your cute folded cards in.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 04:03 PM   #2452  
Stazon Splitcoast

Bonnie, you sound like a good caretaker, I would love to have you take care of me

I would kill Polo if he did that too, and making dog biscuits, I think are a good idea, some people are just crazy about their dogs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 04:15 PM   #2453  
Die Cut Diva

Thank you. I knew you would love them. Next time I make them I will send you some. I have 30 different recipes. These one were wheat flour, rolled oats, a little peanut butter and water. They tasted fine. Had to taste them. They are just dry. Going to make a nice sign so I can sell them out. I cookie cuttered one of each for each bag, a dog bone, fire hydrant, and dog house.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 04:17 PM   #2454  
Stazon Splitcoast

how cute, I would have to make some doggie tags with my stamps you sent me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 04:27 PM   #2455  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

Okay Bonnie--your dogs liked the homemade dog biscuits. Sounds to me like Tyson might have liked the sugar cookies! Your poor sister. I do remember that getting my wisdom teeth pulled was miserable. I was probably about your sister's age when I got all four of mine pulled. It was bad--glad I never had to do that again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 04:30 PM   #2456  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

Bonnie:
Where did you get those containers (like the one from this week)? those are really cute, and I want to get some. Liz and I went to a play today to see Sweeney Todd. Different, strange, but entertaining! We then went out to dinner. Nice evening. I'm still anxious for spring. Five weeks from today we will be leaving for a Caribbean cruise. Looking forward to it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 05:14 PM   #2457  
Die Cut Diva

I got those containers in Micheal's in the wedding section by the favors. Can you pack me in the suitcase for the cruise? Cruises are my all time favorite thing to do. Don't think a cruise is in the budget for us for a while. Gotta get Cindy thru one more year and a half (many payments) of the arts school and if she makes the Africa trip then we will be saving for that so she can go this summer. Imagine all the money we would have if we didn't have kids and grandchildren we were taken care of. Really money is no good if you have no one to share it with.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 05:27 PM   #2458  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi everyone, I had a wonderful day, had a girls day out with all of my daughters and my daughter in law. We had lunch at the CheeseCake Factory which was delicous, then had a pedicure and manicure then walked the mall going into almost all the high end stores! - acting like we had money to spend! Then ended up at Macy where I was picking up some perfume for a xmas gift I received, when my oldest one walked over to the makeup counter and signed me up at Lancome for a complete make over. Which was awesome, WOW my skin was liking the products they were using on me. So needless to say I did think I had lots of money and spent way too much, but I will be beatiful cuz they sold me the mircale stuff!!!!
It was an awesome fun filled day and totally enjoyable which sometimes is a mircale in it's self with what I have been through with a couple of these daughters. Someone might be growing up finally! OH how I wish!!! LOL!

So how is everyone???? Where is Julia and our count down to our Road Trip???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 05:37 PM   #2459  
Die Cut Diva

Don't tell me kids grow up? I have one that will probably leave me in a year in a half and I wish she will stay forever and the other needs to get a life and will probably not grow up for a long time. Can't think about my daughter leaving me. Whew, one day at a time. I will be lost without her. We are two peas in a pod. If she joins the Army I believe she will have to give a 8 year committment for all the schooling she will need to be a doctor. I will never see her. That will be hard to let go. O.K. I think I will stop thinking about that. I am already sad. I will not tell her that. She needs to become who she wants to be . . . a doctor.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 05:47 PM   #2460  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkonmyhandsView Post
Don't tell me kids grow up? I have one that will probably leave me in a year in a half and I wish she will stay forever and the other needs to get a life and will probably not grow up for a long time. Can't think about my daughter leaving me. Whew, one day at a time. I will be lost without her. We are two peas in a pod. If she joins the Army I believe she will have to give a 8 year committment for all the schooling she will need to be a doctor. I will never see her. That will be hard to let go. O.K. I think I will stop thinking about that. I am already sad. I will not tell her that. She needs to become who she wants to be . . . a doctor.

Bonnie
Sweetie, no matter where they are and they will always be our babies! And no they really don't grow up. My oldest was scared to death for me to find out she went and got her a tatoo last night!!! Ok now my other two have them - not anywhere I can see them - TG!!!! but no my precious goodie two shoe perfect child not only marked her body but put it where all can see it on her right foot on top --- But of course MOM did not notice it at all ! go figure!!! Blind as a bat or senile?? Any who it is 3 stars one for her and one for each of her boys.. Now to beat all she has never had the desire to have a tatoo, but her best friend (41yrs) has always wanted one and wouldn't get one so my DD agrees to get one so she (friend) will get one that she wants???

So no I truely beleive they really don't grow up!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 06:44 PM   #2461  
Pearl-ExPert

Hey Sandye, Yup work for oral surgeon for almost 16yrs. Dont really like it. But it pays for my habits. I guess. Bonnie I am so sorry you sister had dry sockets. Ive never heard of a dry socket on the top. Are you sure its not her sinus. some times the congestion will make your teeth hurt. Use warm moist heat now on cheeks. If her pain comes back after 1 day of them paking the sockets she needs to go and have them changed untill she doesnt feel the throbbing pain. Some people it takes an extra week.
What a shame. I hope she feels better.
Yiks Monday is my birthday. My oldest turns 17 on Wednesday. OmG. I finally broke down & took him to get his permit. Hopefully I can keep him on that for awhile. Over a 1000.00 to insure him. Gulp*
Thanks Bonnie on the bella. I will send you money order tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 12:57 PM   #2462  
Stazon Splitcoast

woo hoo, just ordered my bellas: Javabella, pregabella, dogwalkabella, rockabella, veggiebella, and a couple of sentiments
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #2463  
Pearl-ExPert

I don't know if anyone here listens to country music but if you do check out Gone Country on CMT. Tammy Hyler on there is my cousin. She's not on a lot but she is on there
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 03:31 PM   #2464  
Die Cut Diva

Karen, Your right. She only had 2 dry sockets. Both on the bottom. She is doing better today. She is going to have them repacked on Monday.

I sold all my dog biscuits. Yes, they were sold before Cindy's sugar cookies. Loved that. Everyone thought it was a great idea because they wanted to buy something but like there was something not to get them fat with calories. Have been having a quite Sunday afternoon. Went out to dinner with my husband and daughter. Back to exercising and strict diet starting next Monday. I have about 10-15 pounds I definately want to get off. Would like to lose more but I would be real happy with just the 10 to 15 lbs. Our MTV trainer is moving back to NYC and wants Cynthia and I to come visit her. That will be so much fun.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 05:25 PM   #2465  
Mad Swapper

Hello Everyone. Sorry I haven't been around in awhile.
Major computer problems; but I believe I have most of them fixed now.
I had to backup all my files/ save ALL MY PICTURES and start from scratch again. I still don't have my picture uploaded yet but slowly I'll get there.
Plus we are still working on house renovations. It's looking so nice.
The new hardwood floor goes in March 5th. New blinds, kitchen fixtures this week. Now to just save for the new countertop. The paint job has turned out fantastic. The new ceiling is wonderful too. Now we are organizing every room. Today was fun though. Both of us in the den...him on one computer working on it and me on the new one. Then cleaning out the desks and such deciding what to keep and what to pitch. 6 bags of trash later.
Garbage man gonna love me wed.
Well missed you ladies so I just had to say HI.
HOPE ALL IS BETTER BY NOW.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 05:29 PM   #2466  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Tracy - sounds like your house is coming along good, plus getting your spring cleaning done early - I'm so not into the heavy duty cleaning, I am lucky to get the everyday job done! LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 05:32 PM   #2467  
Mad Swapper

Spring will be outside....I'm sick of this weather!
I love working out in the yard. Playing with the grandkids and planting flowers. Evenings spending on the deck are awesome.
IF I could get to my grill I believe I would do some cooking on it tomorrow!
Oh how I miss it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 05:40 PM   #2468  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh I hear you, I did grill a couple of steaks the other night was so wanting a steak on the grill! It was yummy! I know I can not wait for spring too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 05:53 PM   #2469  
Pearl-ExPert

hI jACKIE
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #2470  
Pearl-ExPert

so How is everyone? I am so pissed off. My DH cooked salmon in the house without boiling cloves or lemons. My whole house stinks. YUK.
I hate fish smell.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 06:01 PM   #2471  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmxmomView Post
so How is everyone? I am so pissed off. My DH cooked salmon in the house without boiling cloves or lemons. My whole house stinks. YUK.
I hate fish smell.
OH ouch!!!! I wouldn't be too happy either!!

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY WISHES TO YOU !!!!

I beleive Julia's is tommorow too! Anything exciting planned?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 06:09 PM   #2472  
Pearl-ExPert

No exciting plans. I have to work all day. Then when I come home to my high maintance children, I have to feed & water them & teach them. Thanks for the BD wishes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 06:10 PM   #2473  
Mad Swapper

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN....HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT ONE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 06:35 PM   #2474  
Pearl-ExPert

how did you guys get no shipping on the bella's?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 06:36 PM   #2475  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks! appreciate it. How are you doing?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 06:43 PM   #2476  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

Karen:
Stamping Bella has free shipping through tomorrow. If you go to her blog, she has the code. I think it is 133155. FREE SHIPPING--I love it! I hate paying shipping; therefore, I placed an order!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 07:13 PM   #2477  
Pearl-ExPert

Yup my birthday is tomorrow. We actually just got home from celebrating with my family. Happy Birthday Karen!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 07:59 AM   #2478  
Die Cut Diva

Happy Birthday Karen and Julia!

Julia, don't forget us now that you are a working woman outside of the home. What is the countdown?

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 08:50 AM   #2479  
Stazon Splitcoast

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIA AND KAREN!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 09:49 AM   #2480  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

Happy Birthday Julia and Karen!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes