Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   CLOSED - 01/12/08 Greater Cincinnati, OH/Kentucky Shoebox Swap (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/closed-01-12-08-greater-cincinnati-oh-kentucky-shoebox-swap-301558/)

daiseyfreak 12-03-2007 05:51 PM

I went to the neurologist today and FINALLY found out what was wrong with me! I've copied and pasted on here what it is: they gave me a shot in the head- yes, in the head! Within a minute, I instantly felt better, I'm so excited, just knowing what it is takes a load off!

What is Occipital Neuralgia?
Occipital neuralgia is a distinct type of headache characterized by piercing, throbbing, or electric-shock-like chronic pain in the upper neck, back of the head, and behind the ears, usually on one side of the head. Typically, the pain of occipital neuralgia begins in the neck and then spreads upwards. Some individuals will also experience pain in the scalp, forehead, and behind the eyes. Their scalp may also be tender to the touch, and their eyes especially sensitive to light. The location of pain is related to the areas supplied by the greater and lesser occipital nerves, which run from the area where the spinal column meets the neck, up to the scalp at the back of the head. The pain is caused by irritation or injury to the nerves, which can be the result of trauma to the back of the head, pinching of the nerves by overly tight neck muscles, compression of the nerve as it leaves the spine due to osteoarthritis, or tumors or other types of lesions in the neck. Localized inflammation or infection, gout, diabetes, blood vessel inflammation (vasculitis), and frequent lengthy periods of keeping the head in a downward and forward position are also associated with occipital neuralgia. In many cases, however, no cause can be found. A positive response (relief from pain) after an anesthetic nerve block will confirm the diagnosis.
What is the prognosis?
Occipital neuralgia is not a life-threatening condition. Many individuals will improve with therapy involving heat, rest, anti-inflammatory mediations, and muscle relaxants. Recovery is usually complete after the bout of pain has ended and the nerve damage repaired or lessened.

daiseyfreak 12-03-2007 05:52 PM

as sson as I read this, the lengthy periods of having the head in a downward and forward position, made me wonder if it was related to stamping!!!! :o

Inkonmyhands 12-03-2007 05:55 PM

Daisyfreak,

I am so excited for you. I have never had headaches so I can't imagine what you went thru. Rest, and take care of yourself so you will be good for this weekend AND January 12th.

Bonnie

lovingyoualways 12-03-2007 05:57 PM

Hmm, maybe I need a shot in the head. I know I'm supposed to be doing physical therapy 3 times a week.

Who knew that going from a active job to a non active job would cause such a mess with my body...

:(

Glad you are feeling better.

Inkonmyhands 12-03-2007 05:58 PM

I doubt it is from stamping. Stamping only causes weight loss. That is what sgc (Sandye) told me?? Or was it that if stamping caused weight loss we would all be skinny??

Bonnie:mrgreen:

lovingyoualways 12-03-2007 06:00 PM

It depends, if you are sitting in the chair for hours without moving then it could be. That's what my chiropractor says causes all of my major pain. I am "supposed to" get up and move and stretch once a hour. Do I listen, no. How am I feeling? In extreme upper and lower back pain :(

My husband always laughs at me and says I'm not 25 I'm 85...sigh...

daiseyfreak 12-03-2007 06:08 PM

oh my gosh, I never realized how much I took my health for granted when I was younger! I'm only 29 and I feel like I"m 85 too!!!!!!!!!!

Julia, maybe to stretch, you can put some of your supplies you know you're gonna need in the other room, and you will have to go get them!

lovingyoualways 12-03-2007 06:11 PM

Oh no I have a sheet of exercises. I literally have to stretch not just get up and walk around. I hate to think about how we will feel when we are 85 if we feel like this now...OMG!

Did you know that a 8 hour plus chair at office depot is over 200$ I've been asking for one for over a year now because I sit in my office chair for 10 hours plus.

daiseyfreak 12-03-2007 06:15 PM

what do you do now for your not-as-active job?

yeah, it's expensive to be healthy! i think with exercise, the thing that makes it more difficult, is that you don't see the results immediately, hard to keep the motivation up!

lovingyoualways 12-03-2007 06:18 PM

I'll give you the short version lol. I can tell you the whole thing in January.

When I got married and was planning the wedding favors I did a lot of research because I wanted things to be affordable but fun. We decided on a candy buffet, which is how I first learned about candy wrapping.

A year and a half after being married I decided to give up my management position with Krogers to make candy wrapping a business. I do have a business partner that designs all of our stuff and I just maintain all of our websites.

But that is how I wound up here. I wanted something that was for the most part done off line and a happy get away from all the e-mails and what not online.

shayks 12-03-2007 06:27 PM

Joy, so glad it is not serious and you are better!! A shot in the head doesn't sound pleasant, but neither does having a headache that wouldn't go away for over a week!!

DH just asked DD what she was doing and she said, "Piddling." I didn't think she knew what that was! She's so funny!

shayks 12-03-2007 06:28 PM

Joy, DH was saying that he hopes you have better insurance than we do - having to go to the ER, get a CAT scan, go to the neurologist.
Our insurance stinks!!

daiseyfreak 12-03-2007 06:37 PM

being grown up is no fun sometimes- bills, insurance, boy I remember the days when I just worried about what I was going to wear to school the next day and to the football game that weekend!

Julia, your job does sound pretty fun, and a friend of a friend had a candy buffet at her wedding, that sounds cool!

lovingyoualways 12-03-2007 06:42 PM

Um was she piddling in the right place? Kidding!

I moved out around 19 or 20 I think so I've been dealing with it long enough lol. At least now I have someone else to share the fun with...

sgc 12-03-2007 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkonmyhands (Post 7901714)
I doubt it is from stamping. Stamping only causes weight loss. That is what sgc (Sandye) told me?? Or was it that if stamping caused weight loss we would all be skinny??

I think that sgc said that she knows that stamping does not promote weight loss. I think that my comment was that I wished it burned up a lot of calories--sometimes it is the only exercise I get. Joy--glad that you found the root of the problem. Hopefully now, you can put this behind you. From Krogers to working at home--sounds like a good deal to me. I am a retired school teacher, and I often wonder how Krogers manages with the number of high school kids they hire. So many are just not very reliable! I can't wait for January.

shayks 12-03-2007 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovingyoualways (Post 7902470)
Um was she piddling in the right place? Kidding!

I moved out around 19 or 20 I think so I've been dealing with it long enough lol. At least now I have someone else to share the fun with...

I think so, because she peed in her potty just a few min. later. She was twiddling her fingers around each other when she was piddling.

sgc 12-03-2007 06:51 PM

Question for you stamping ladies--does any one have a Dream Kutz cutting machine? I have a coupon for 30% off of one--and am thinking of buying it for myself for Christmas, but I would like to get some feedback on it. I use an inexpensive cutter, and I have to replace the blades sooooooo often. The Dream Kutz has a self-sharpening blade. Let me know if you know anything!

lovingyoualways 12-03-2007 06:57 PM

Well that is part of the reasons I left actually. I took this young lady into my department (photo lab) because the other managers just weren't giving her a chance. They just kept saying she was a slacker and all kinds of stuff, I felt bad because I knew she only did it because they acted like they didn't care about her.

When she worked for me she was great. When she got pregnant I went out of my way to work around her schedule but she was only in my department part time.

Anyhow! This jerk that wrote the other half of schedule one day decided to flip flop everyone's schedules that they had been working for about a year now. Now this pregnant lady walks to work. He wanted her walking to work one night a week. Oh I was so ticked. I was really good friends with our boss. I marched into his office and demanded it be fixed and that if it wasn't neither of us would be at work the next day.

I told him you both have kids don't even try to tell me that if this was your daughter you would have her walking to work pregnant. Well they didn't fix the schedule and neither of us went back to work. I eventually went back to do my 2 weeks and to leave on good terms incase I ever decided to go back. I was even offered a promotion but I was to ticked off to even think about returning or taking another promotion.

Whew I bet you didn't want to hear all of that lol.

lovingyoualways 12-03-2007 06:59 PM

No I'm sorry I don't have that cutter.

shayks 12-03-2007 07:00 PM

I will also bring a snack food of some kind for Sat. We have to have snacks!!

shayks 12-03-2007 07:00 PM

sgc, I haven't heard of that cutter. It would be nice to not have to buy replacement blades!

lovingyoualways 12-03-2007 07:09 PM

It's made by zutter sisters. If I get the bind it all I might get one. Just haven't decided.

Inkonmyhands 12-04-2007 07:18 AM

Bumping for some more shoebox stampers! Good Morning Ladies!

Bonnie

lovingyoualways 12-04-2007 07:20 AM

Good morning!

C'mon ladies, we'll have lots of fun and make some fun stuff!

daiseyfreak 12-04-2007 11:12 AM

Julia, your website rocks!!!! I would love to use some of the stuff at the swap, think you could get a good deal on the stuff ;)

shayks 12-04-2007 11:16 AM

Hi, Joy. Babysitting Seth (a 4 yo) today and he and Laurana have been having so much fun playing in her bedroom. I peaked in and asked them to clean up, though. Almost every book was off the bookshelf and many toys were scattered all over the floor. Oh, he spilled his juice all over himself and I had to put a pr. of 2 T khakis (he wears a 5 for length, but he's skinny), and a girly shirt. It's the least girly I had that would fit him, but it's lavendar with a ruffle at the bottom of the sleeves. I hate for him to sit around in wet clothing and this is the best I had to offer, since DD isn't even wearing the 2T pants yet and in 2T in shirts.

daiseyfreak 12-04-2007 11:38 AM

Hi Shay! I just got home from a MRI, that was not fun...I started on new medicine today, makes me kinda nauseated

Glad you're having fun today! pretty soon, you'll have 2 kids around all the time!

lovingyoualways 12-04-2007 11:41 AM

Which things to be exact lol. PM me and I can tell you what I have and what I can get.

daiseyfreak 12-04-2007 11:42 AM

ok, think I've got it figured out what I'm gonna do for the swap, I had time to think about it today while I was having my MRI- had to keep my mind occupied with something!

One will def. be a valentines day card, the other will be a bag with topper. I can't decide on stuff to make smores or filled with Kisses. I have this cute poem for smores:

Our Friendship is
Spectacular
And magical you see
That's why you will always be
A special friend to me
So here's a wish this Valentines Day
For happiness galore
Cause we'll be friends forever
And even then
S'more

I have some stamps that say SWAK and have lips on them that would be cute for kisses, and then there's always Cupid Poop bags, who knows!

lovingyoualways 12-04-2007 11:48 AM

I have a rough idea what I am doing but not 100% sure yet.

daiseyfreak 12-04-2007 12:06 PM

Julia, I'm seriously digging the Refresh set, so many possibilities with that set! If you did anything with those, I would bring a doorprize of bubblebath, lotion, cute towels, soaps!

lovingyoualways 12-04-2007 12:14 PM

oh that one is cute! Let me look at all the graphics I have to go with that set. I have a ton of bath crystals I bought for something else I can use. Thoughts?

You realize that zero stamps is involved in these sets right lol.

shayks 12-04-2007 12:18 PM

What vendor is the Refresh set from?

Joy, I hope you're not nausious on Sat.!! I temporarily misplaced the invitation. Wedding is at 2 PM, right? And I need directions to the reception. I will probably find this, but in case I don't find it until Sun....

daiseyfreak 12-04-2007 12:19 PM

well, I guess if you had the set Bubble Queen or something like it- or if anyone else did, that would be super cute- we could just case your stuff, lol!

lovingyoualways 12-04-2007 12:19 PM

It is a set from my website. They are digital images that you print, personalize, and assemble.

LOL I'll figure something out. Anyone take long baths because I do have 4 large containers of bath crystals and I do actually have to go get more.

daiseyfreak 12-04-2007 12:21 PM

check out Julia's site:

http://www.alloccasionwraps.com/

Shay, it's at the church where my shower was at, I'll pm you ;)

lovingyoualways 12-04-2007 12:28 PM

you better be glad I was up until 4am fixing things or else it would not look good right now.

daiseyfreak 12-04-2007 01:31 PM

your site is awesome, i love it!

have you thought about designing stamps?

do you sell the paint buckets?

Inkonmyhands 12-04-2007 01:32 PM

I have many thoughts about what to do but nothing 100%.

YEAH! We have a new person. Welcome Cyrstal!

daiseyfreak 12-04-2007 01:35 PM

Welcome Crystal, we're a chatty bunch, lol- I am gonna feel like I know all you gals before January!