Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-05-2009, 05:27 PM   #2041  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 jobs and kids will do that to a girl
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #2042  
Matboard Maniac

hey ladies!

was just telling a couple of you on another thread that i have seen these gatherings a few times, and when i think about it again and come back to check it out i'm always late. SOOOO - i'm subbing to the thread, so i don't miss the one in October - sounds like lots of fun, and can't wait to go!

so throwing myself in - great to meet and see every one - i'm from just east of Binghamton. i've been stamping for years - mostly just for fun, not a demo- or anything. also been on SCS for a long time - love the stuff everyone does - nothing really in my gallery - not sure what the excuse is - time maybe? or that my stuff "isn't good enough" - hehehe -ok, so that can't be it. hehehe -

anyway - nice to meet you all - hope to get to know you all better, and see you in october!!

have a great day!

--d
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 01:22 PM   #2043  
Linking Queen

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice to "meet" you here. Glad you found one of our CNY threads. Lucky you to live close to my friends . But the traveling is worth it and I have a fellow nearby addict that can be my car-dog (Hi Heidi!). or I can be her car-dog. I just hope I can go to a gathering soon (we're moving but not very far.)

Do you go by "d"? My SCS name is TeeGeeDee but my "real" name is Tina.

Gotta go get hubby to cook dinner (stromboli made from Pillsbury pizza dough ... we splurged and bought prosciutto as part of the fillings.)

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueyesView Post
hey ladies!

was just telling a couple of you on another thread that i have seen these gatherings a few times, and when i think about it again and come back to check it out i'm always late. SOOOO - i'm subbing to the thread, so i don't miss the one in October - sounds like lots of fun, and can't wait to go!

so throwing myself in - great to meet and see every one - i'm from just east of Binghamton. i've been stamping for years - mostly just for fun, not a demo- or anything. also been on SCS for a long time - love the stuff everyone does - nothing really in my gallery - not sure what the excuse is - time maybe? or that my stuff "isn't good enough" - hehehe -ok, so that can't be it. hehehe -

anyway - nice to meet you all - hope to get to know you all better, and see you in october!!

have a great day!

--d
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #2044  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

hey ladies!

have a great day!

--d

glad you found us. can't really get lost when using my link.
there are quite a few of us in the binghamton area. also greene,oxford. also alot of us aren't afraid of traveling to stamp w/ friends.
no need to be a demo. many are not. we stamp for fun & of course chocolate!
do you work out of the home? have young kids?
my one & only is 22 yrs old

so just chat here and it will be time for a thread for oct in no time. by then you may just "know" someone here to travel with.
we just got a hobby lobby outside of syracuse. and we have a couple little shop worth the drive!
welcome again,gayla
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #2045  
Matboard Maniac

hey tina -

lol - i tend to sign everything i write with --d. hehhe, SCS - blueyes, real name - diane.

good luck with moving - i don't envy you at all - but you know, looking around my house lately i've thought about "pretending" to move and getting rid of a lot of stuff. sigh, it's awful the stuff that accumulates.

have a nice dinner - i love this time of the year - dh loves to grill - and he thinks i don't know how LOL, so we grill a lot! hehehe - i just have to through together some sides - tonight i'mmarinating some pork chops, make a cucumber salad, and thinking about some rice or pasta - hmmmmm.

--d
(aka - blueyes, or diane )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #2046  
Stazon Splitcoast

gotta sign off for abit.
need to work on my swaps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 01:38 PM   #2047  
Matboard Maniac

hey gayla -

thanks! i don't mind the drive, and have some friends here that might just love to tag along!

i'm married to my dh for 12 1/2 years, no kids yet - jus a spoiled rotten dog! hehehe. kids one day - maybe adopt???

i do work outside of the home - i'm a middle school teacher at a year round boarding school for at risk teens. dh works there too - keeps us pretty busy, but i love it.

stamping for fun, and of course chocolate - hehehe - sold! stamping is not complete with out chocolate. people always know when i host a stamping "shin-digg" there will be chocolate involved!!!!

--d
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #2048  
Forum Fanatic

Hi Diane.... from Ilion (near Utica). I'm one of those willing to travel with friends kind of stampers too. Welcome to our little group. Hope to meet you soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 01:58 PM   #2049  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Diane. I'm near snowcountry and njbaker in New Hartford. Glad you came to join us. My real name is Michele, but most call me Tilly...I'm the loud mouth with braces
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #2050  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by tillyheadView Post
Hi Diane. I'm near snowcountry and njbaker in New Hartford. Glad you came to join us. My real name is Michele, but most call me Tilly...I'm the loud mouth with braces
And Queen Diva too!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #2051  
Matboard Maniac

hey njbaker and tilly!!! great to "meet" you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 03:05 PM   #2052  
Crimping Master

Hi Diane. We "met" here on SCS several years ago, and I introduced you to Joanne, my SU demo. We never did managed to be at the same workshop, so we haven't met in real life. Glad to hear you'll be joining us in Oct.

Quote:

hey ladies!

have a great day!

--d
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #2053  
Forum Fanatic

so... has anyone received their catalog yet?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #2054  
Linking Queen

Quote:

hey tina -

lol - i tend to sign everything i write with --d. hehhe, SCS - blueyes, real name - diane.

good luck with moving - i don't envy you at all - but you know, looking around my house lately i've thought about "pretending" to move and getting rid of a lot of stuff. sigh, it's awful the stuff that accumulates.

have a nice dinner - i love this time of the year - dh loves to grill - and he thinks i don't know how LOL, so we grill a lot! hehehe - i just have to through together some sides - tonight i'mmarinating some pork chops, make a cucumber salad, and thinking about some rice or pasta - hmmmmm.

--d
(aka - blueyes, or diane )
Hello (again) Diane!

My DH also does the grilling (and he used to do almost all the cooking but I no longer work - mostly 'coz my live-in FIL needs supervision ... long story.) That will change in the new apt 'coz he won't have access to power tools so I hope to find a job (pref. w/health benefits) so we have some breathing room when DH's job eventually ends (they announced in Feb. 2008 that they are closing the location he works in and all the relatively nearby locations too. The company is not closing ... they could not physically expand the locations to increase production so they are transferring product lines to other plants.)

I never even took a close look at the grill so it might be true that I don't know how (don't care to learn but am sure I could).

The stromboli was excellent (prosciutto, hard salami, and shredded mozzarella), marinara sauce for dipping plus capellini pasta and tossed salads.

We should have eaten earlier but he was sleeping - and neiother of us sleep well so, hungry as I was, I let him keep snoozing. But, we have cherry cheesecake for dessert which might turn into breakfast (or a midnight snack).

And you are so right ... stamping and chocolate go together perfectly (and so does coffee in my book.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 03:16 PM   #2055  
Linking Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by njbakerView Post
Do they come this early? They didn't when I was a demo (mine usually arrived on June 30th and if that was a Sat/Sun I wouldn't get it until Monday).

I love that they are having markers for the In-Colors and dotted ribbon too. This may be the year I buy more accessories vs stamps because they take up less room and can freshen up the images I already have. Still, I think I can get lots of stuff in an under-the-bed box .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #2056  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

quite a sore subject! my order has been in "submitted" since 11:50 am on the 1st! can you say ticked!
i called yesterday. packing/shipping are working today. put the site won't be updated til monday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 03:31 PM   #2057  
Stazon Splitcoast

just had a quick of pizza. not as good as nancy. but i loved the garlic knots
back shortly to work on more swaps.
plus i still haven't started the long list for next saturday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #2058  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

hey ladies!

have a great day!

--d
Hi Diane! This will get interesting..we have 2 Dianes already...
I live in Oxford, work in Norwich at a not-for-profit. Do you live & work in Broome Co? or Delaware? I know most of the area. I've been in human services (14 years as DSS caseworker until 2000) so might even have met at some point if you work with youth.
Welcome aboard!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #2059  
Stampin' Fool

Hey Nancy...when do you leave on your vaca? are you ordering before you go?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #2060  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judy KView Post
Hi Diane. We "met" here on SCS several years ago, and I introduced you to Joanne, my SU demo. We never did managed to be at the same workshop, so we haven't met in real life. Glad to hear you'll be joining us in Oct.
Judy!!!

i remember!!! how are u?
did you go to her "manly" stamp camp? we're going to try to do one down here!

--d
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #2061  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by musesmomView Post
Hi Diane! This will get interesting..we have 2 Dianes already...
I live in Oxford, work in Norwich at a not-for-profit. Do you live & work in Broome Co? or Delaware? I know most of the area. I've been in human services (14 years as DSS caseworker until 2000) so might even have met at some point if you work with youth.
Welcome aboard!

hehe - you guys could call me di if it's easier - or blueyes - whatever. i'll answer to just about anything! hehehe

i'm in delaware cty. in hancock, actually. not sure if we have meet - hard to tell - maybe!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #2062  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Hi All, Got back home recently from the Heirloom show with my mom. Lots of the same vendors - but about maybe 30% more than in Syracuse. Tina, thanks for the links! It was VERY busy! Toomuchfun stamps honored my Syracuse coupon, so my mom and I shared that savings. Plus bought some solid flowersoft colors to share and a cheapo jar of Pearl Ex to play with. Then we spent way too much time at Tesslers stencils. We left for lunch, and then came back again, and the checkbook took a big hit! I was determined I was going to get supplies for parchment craft/piercing/embossing. They didn't have any good samples, and I wasn't sure of what stencils to pick, so I just picked a bunch. Now I need to find time to play and make them work!

So the two techniques on my list: lattice folding (check) and parchment craft (check). No more craft shows for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 04:27 PM   #2063  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by musesmomView Post
Hey Nancy...when do you leave on your vaca? are you ordering before you go?
Sure, I already did. I placed my preorder on Monday night after work. It has already shipped (don't tell Gayla, she'll be really ticked!!)

But here's the "issue". According to UPS.com my order is due to deliver on Wednesday. Usually comes around 2 or so. We have to leave for the airport at around 11:30!!! So, I'm leaving my daughter a priority envelope all addressed for his brother's house. We should be there on Sunday sometime. So at least I don't have to wait until we get back on the 26th!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #2064  
Linking Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlw966View Post
Hi All, Got back home recently from the Heirloom show with my mom. Lots of the same vendors - but about maybe 30% more than in Syracuse. Tina, thanks for the links! It was VERY busy! Toomuchfun stamps honored my Syracuse coupon, so my mom and I shared that savings. Plus bought some solid flowersoft colors to share and a cheapo jar of Pearl Ex to play with. Then we spent way too much time at Tesslers stencils. We left for lunch, and then came back again, and the checkbook took a big hit! I was determined I was going to get supplies for parchment craft/piercing/embossing. They didn't have any good samples, and I wasn't sure of what stencils to pick, so I just picked a bunch. Now I need to find time to play and make them work!

So the two techniques on my list: lattice folding (check) and parchment craft (check). No more craft shows for me!
Sounds awesome ... Gail from the Around the Corner thread might be able to join us on Wed.

If I get a chance I'll look through older magazines 'coz I'm sure there will be at least one article on parchment craft.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #2065  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Sure, I already did. I placed my preorder on Monday night after work. It has already shipped (don't tell Gayla, she'll be really ticked!!)

But here's the "issue". According to UPS.com my order is due to deliver on Wednesday. Usually comes around 2 or so. We have to leave for the airport at around 11:30!!! So, I'm leaving my daughter a priority envelope all addressed for his brother's house. We should be there on Sunday sometime. So at least I don't have to wait until we get back on the 26th!!!
WHAT?!? Mine hasn't shipped yet Maybe I'll meet the man in brown at your house on wednesday and then get the envelope from Kyla
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #2066  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

hey ladies!

have a great day!

--d
Hi Diane! I am Diane from Binghamton. I am referred to as TOD (the other Diane) because Diane Z (Cookiestamper from Pa) was already in the group when I joined this group. I too have gone to Joanne Tofte's stamp camps and Cathy Maltby in Conklin. Welcome.
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #2067  
Forum Fanatic

Why would mine ship so fast then?? You both must have ordered WAY more than I did!! If so, that would make sense. When we were at the SU headquarters we saw how the orders were filled. The cartons traveled along conveyor belts into different areas of the building depending on what you ordered. Mine must have only needed to go to a couple of sections????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 05:31 PM   #2068  
Stazon Splitcoast

i didn't order that much, but some was current, some preorder and some retiring.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #2069  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

wednesday no fair!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 05:37 PM   #2070  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by tillyheadView Post
i didn't order that much, but some was current, some preorder and some retiring.
mine was only pre order
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 05:56 PM   #2071  
Forum Fanatic

Mine was all preorder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 05:57 PM   #2072  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by diane617View Post
Hi Diane! I am Diane from Binghamton. I am referred to as TOD (the other Diane) because Diane Z (Cookiestamper from Pa) was already in the group when I joined this group. I too have gone to Joanne Tofte's stamp camps and Cathy Maltby in Conklin. Welcome.

hi diane - and thanks for the welcome.

judy really saved us by giving me joanne's name. the woman we had before her - wow, did she have issues.

like i told judy - you guys can call me what ever - i've been used to di since HS - so that could work. watever - i'm easy that way !

--d
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 06:01 PM   #2073  
Forum Fanatic

Well, we have another Di too!!! Hmmmm.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #2074  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Well, we have another Di too!!! Hmmmm.
hehehe - "hey, you!" works. you can just use my scs name, or just d works too - whatever - lol.off to bed - into work early tomorrow! have a good night everyone!--d
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #2075  
Linking Queen

Quote:

hehehe - "hey, you!" works. you can just use my scs name, or just d works too - whatever - lol.off to bed - into work early tomorrow! have a good night everyone!--d
How about Blue Di (j/k)? Or TOOD (the other "other" Diane)? TODi (The Other "Di")?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 07:39 PM   #2076  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

hey ladies!

have a great day!

--d
Hey, Gang, is she going to be Diane#3 or The Other Other Diane (TOOD)?? Welcome, Diane! I live in Floyd/Rome and work in New Hartford. DH owns a print shop and I'm the office manager. Ours is a furry child...a 16 year old dark tiger female named Zeke (humane society told us the 12 week old kitten was a boy). WARNING: I'm "The Enabler" who is willing to help you spend your money on all things stamping/card making (and chocolate)! Of course, all the rest of them will, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 07:50 PM   #2077  
Gabfest Goddess

At today's SU! class in Rome I saw the REAL THING!! They had the new paper, DP, markers and stamps. The new In Colors are definitely me! The Melon is the exact match to the Lands' End top, sweater and skort that I was wearing today!! LOL! And they had the In Color markers-FINALLY...and there was a sentiment set that looks like a "must have"...

Last edited by arlenevita; 06-06-2009 at 09:52 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #2078  
Stazon Splitcoast

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you saw them before all of us
i do think crushed curry will be the one i love!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #2079  
Forum Fanatic

Someone expedited!! I'm too cheap for that. Mine will be here on Wednesday. I'll have to have my DD watch for the brown man..... I'm thinking there may be some stalkers at my house??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #2080  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Someone expedited!! I'm too cheap for that. Mine will be here on Wednesday. I'll have to have my DD watch for the brown man..... I'm thinking there may be some stalkers at my house??
Reply With Quote Likes