Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   Central MARYLAND sign up-July 17th (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/central-maryland-sign-up-july-17th-60747/)

camsmom 06-18-2005 11:19 AM

Central MARYLAND sign up-July 17th

OKay this is the thread to sign that you are coming for sure to my home on Sunday, July 17th at 1 pm for an SCS shoebox swap.

What is a shoebox swap?
It is called that b/c the idea is all your goodies fit in one box.
Basically you have a project planned so that each person that attends can make 1 of your project. You bring one completed sample, directions if needed, all the stamps, inks, and accessories (like if it needs glitter or ep) ready to go, and all the paper pre-cut for each person. If it is a card, please make sure you cut the paper to make a whole card, and not a cardfront;) . Also if your project requires red line tape instead of mono, please provide that. Then everyone moves around and makes the different projects/cards.
I have 2 heat guns so you will not need to bring those, and a glue gun if necessary.

What else do I bring?
I will provide all the sodas, paper goods, ice, and even home made wine (home made right here in casa Ward!).
Please bring a snack to share (appetizer or dessert type-nothing too fancy required!)
Also for yourself bring:
adhesive with refill just in case
scissors
bone folder
a Ziploc bag for your projects as you move around

There is no cost as it is all potluck and is a SCS friendly event open to SCS members:) . Hope you can make it!
please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will send out my phone number and address so you can mapquest it and check how long it will take to get here. It is best if everyone is here right at 1 so we can get rolling. Once you reply to THIS thread or e-mail me I will add your name to the list.

So far:
1. camsmom (Britta)
2. stampingjosie (Joszette C.)-shrimp apetizer
3. lovemylab (Tara)
4. maclennan98 (Danette)--cannot attend
5. mrs levite (Teresa)--not attending
6. stampaholic2004 (Kristen)
7. babyfactory (Lindsey)-decadent dessert cups
8. stamp2themax (Kirsten)
9. Rose0165 (Rose)-crab dip
10. SusanScruggs (Susan)=chocolate eclairs
11. Chelseacat (Kim)-fruit/dip
12. lbirus (Lynn)-pizza dip
13. marylouhoo (Mary Lou)-black bean salsa/chips
14. EricaB (Erica)-cannot attend
15. lcain (Leslie)-->YEAH! She had the baby and she and Maya will attend!16. Mich (Michelle)-veggie tray
17. TAWinDE (Tricia)-->Hot milk Cake
18. Kkrab5 (Kathy K.)--> fruit cobbler
19. vjsmith109 (Ginny)-pretzel cherry cheesecake
20. cteid (Jane) --> Oriental Party Mix

**really 17 people attending-3 of the 20 cannot attend**

babyfactory 06-18-2005 01:03 PM

I will be there! Are you going to post what everyone is planning on brining for the potluck?

-Lindsey

camsmom 06-18-2005 02:10 PM

That is a great idea Lindsey!:)

camsmom 06-18-2005 07:12 PM

I apologize in advance knowing I will mix up Kristen and Kirsten's names! LOL

susanscruggs 06-19-2005 01:06 AM

I would love to come, it sounds like it is going to be fun!!! Thanks for planning it.

SuSan

camsmom 06-19-2005 06:01 AM

Susan-please PM me or e-mail me so I can get you the details:)

camsmom 06-19-2005 09:55 AM

OKay ChelseaCat-you're in:)

marylouhoo 06-19-2005 04:13 PM

I just emailed you to add me to the list! Yippee-Skippee!!! It will be great to match faces & SCS names together at last...and before SLC Convention! Thanks for being the Hostess with the Mostest!

EricaB 06-20-2005 08:27 AM

I'll be there!

Erica

chelseacat 06-20-2005 12:54 PM

my name is kim, actually. though my chelsea girl would gladly come. she'll just knock everything off the tables, get her white fur EVERYWHERE, probably be sick a couple times because she has renal failure and that's what they do, oh yeah and she'll hiss at EVERYONE unless one of you happens to sound just like me (my sister is about the only person she doesn't immediately hiss at), but she is harmless (other than the fur and vomit things).

what can i say, she was walking across the keyboard as i was trying to come up with an ID when i registered.

now for me to try and figure out something for the swap. surely i can find some creativity SOMEWHERE in this house. :)

camsmom 06-20-2005 01:24 PM

Fixed it, Kim! Sorry about that-I guess I just thought it was a nickname for you:p

TAWinDE 06-20-2005 05:10 PM

Thanks Britta... see you on the 17th.

LisaMNaples 06-20-2005 05:35 PM

I hope you all have a great time! It's the day of my Dad's Surprise Party. He's turning 80 on July 14th!

camsmom 06-20-2005 05:50 PM

I think we have had great support-I am sure we will do it again when you can make it!:)

Dailystamperof5kids 06-21-2005 06:30 AM

My Pot Luck Item

Britta,
I will bring my shrimp and creamcheese appetizer. ( finger food) Do you need any thing else?
Joszette

camsmom 06-21-2005 06:57 AM

yum! As teh time gets closer I am sure I will think of something I forgot-but for mow we are all set:)

*see you tonight;) , Joszette!

stampinmarni 06-21-2005 07:25 AM

i see you are full, but i wish i could come - i would drive up from northern virginia if i could! we will be in michigan at the time, though.

sounds like great fun - you all must post samples when it is over... i'll be checking!

camsmom 06-21-2005 07:29 AM

I am thinking that of other people bring chairs with them we could hold more gals and do it up and down stairs and rotate about.

Next time I hope you can make it!:)

Rose0165 06-21-2005 09:41 AM

swap

Hi again Britta,

Just a couple questions about the swap. I've never done one or seen one done.

Does everything have to be SU? (I have my papers all mixed up and filed by color as well as ribbon, etc.)

Does the card have to be a real "original" or can it be a case (with appropriate credit given of course).

Thanks.

camsmom 06-21-2005 08:15 PM

Good question Rose!

While this is not an SU only swap, I do ask that people use quality products. By this I mean not the flourescent (sp?) cs pack from Micheal's, if ya know what I mean. BUT outside ribbon, good quality patterned paper, etc is fine and dandy. Although I am sure the majority of stuff will be SU from the people there, I think getting new ideas and having a fun time is absolutely the most important thing-no getting stressed about it-THAT is NOT allowed:D
And yes anything CASEd is fine as well-again
no stress= happy stampers:D

camsmom 06-26-2005 06:44 PM

This is going to be awesome! I already have a card planned and saw Kristen's card today-woohoo getting pumped!:)

Quick question-does anyone have folding chairs they could bring? I would rather not have to drag my dining room chairs up and down, so if anyone could throw a few chairs in their cards I would appreciate it!

Rose0165 06-27-2005 02:26 AM

md gathering

I have two metal folding chairs I will be glad to bring.
I have my card "designed" now all I have to do is start putting the stuff together! OK, yes, I am a great procrastinator. I am really excited about this gathering!

Rose

Mich 06-27-2005 05:31 AM

I have 4 folding chairs I can bring, no problem.

Michelle

chelseacat 06-27-2005 06:35 AM

just let us know about the chairs. i have a dozen or so folding chairs (hey, i never know when a party might happen by my house!). so i'm sure we can outfit the gathering in folding chairs!

camsmom 06-27-2005 12:13 PM

I have 9 folding chairs but also seats for 10 upstairs, only 6 we can bring down.

Would you guys rather be a bit squished but all in one room, or have more room and go between two levels? We can maybe fit everyone in the basement, but it will be tight, but if we seperate we will have plenty of room for all teh projects and be able to spread out a bit (and have more room for the food as well rather than just on the bar)

Thoughts?
If we split then there is no need for chairs

marylouhoo 06-27-2005 01:04 PM

I started to email you earlier that I have folding chairs...I can bring up to 12...let me know if you still need more. BTW-If we travel up & down the stairs, will that count as our exercise for the day too? Hmmm...stamping, eating & exercising, all at once! Sounds like a plan!
Mary Lou

Rose0165 06-27-2005 01:37 PM

MD gettogether

Britta, it doesnt matter to me whether we split up or not. I am a VERY big person and take up ALOT of room tho. No little corners for this body! (Not said in a very proud voice, but a realistic one.) Whatever is the easiest for you is what you should do. I'm getting psych'd.

Rose

camsmom 06-27-2005 01:55 PM

I think it would be easier if we went ahead and split up jsut so nobody has to bring anything and there is more elbow room.

Upstairs there is room for 4 in the dining room and 4 in the kitchen table with comfort, and there is teh kitchen right there so we could split food as well.
The basement can easily hold 12+ people no problem in our family room, so we would still be able to hang together but not be sooooo cramped. Plus that way I could leave the couches down there and if people wanted a break could kind of hang out and chat as well, and also do that upstairs in the living room.

So as of now I think we are okay-I even think we don't need the chairs so nobody will have to lug up and down.
:D
I will confirm beforehand just in case.

Also we are still "open" for anyone who would like to join us. There is no fee, just a project and food to share, so mark your calendars-It will be sooooo fun!;)

babyfactory 07-03-2005 12:33 AM

Britta,

I have 6 folding chairs and a 6' table if you need anything else. I will also bring Decadent Dessert Cups (chocolate brownie, white chocolate amaretto cream, and strawberries) they're yummy!

camsmom 07-03-2005 03:31 AM

At this point I think if you bring maybe the chairs we will be all set. I have 2 tables upstairs, and I have 4 for downstairs, so I think we should be okay with those, but the chairs would be great if I can't borrow some from my neighbor.

And the decadent dessert cups? SOUNDY SOOO YUMMY!:D

mommakate 07-07-2005 04:34 AM

Hey Britta!

May I pop in and just say hello - my son has been invited to Michael's B'day party - but I would love to stop in and meet you all!

As for chairs - I have 4 if you find you are in need of them. I can bring them over on saturday if you like - then you ahve them in case someone forgets to bring theirs!!!

And directions.... where do you live again??? LOL! I counted the other day - its 6 houses and across the street not 7!!! :)

Smiles

Kate

RUstamping 07-07-2005 07:33 PM

Sounds like a blast, but I live too far away. I feel like I know you, because you have helped me in the past, and I always see you on. Have fun everyone, and remember that someone in Cincinnati wishes she was going.

Sue

Leimarie 07-08-2005 12:53 PM

WWWaaahhhh... I will be in NJ/NY escaping with the kiddies while DH is away. Please keep me posted about any other MD get-togethers!
-Lisa

camsmom 07-08-2005 01:01 PM

I am hoping we can do this again-I am so excited for next Sunday!

babyfactory 07-09-2005 08:45 PM

me too!!! then 2 days later, it's off to Salt Lake City!

camsmom 07-10-2005 09:49 AM

I have sent everyone a PM and will add teh food choices as they come in.

See you soon!:)

Rose0165 07-10-2005 12:08 PM

md

Hi all,

I will bring crab dip and chips! Ive got my shoebox filled and ready to go! Hope I dont forget anything!

camsmom 07-10-2005 04:33 PM

Got ya Rose-and Mich I changed yours.

:)

chelseacat 07-11-2005 08:02 AM

i'll bring a fruit bowl and dip. a store bought one, as i'll be on the road that weekend and making something fun won't really work. if that changes, then i'll my a fun nacho dip that is always a success. but that may be hard if i'm driving in from a visit to philly for this. :)

camsmom 07-11-2005 08:08 AM

sounds awesome!

(and I seem to never have time to whip up home made stuff-so no worries there for sure!)
Thanks for taking the time to attend!! Can't wait!