Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   Canada * Southern Ontario Coffee and Sugar Girls! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/canada-%2A-southern-ontario-coffee-sugar-girls-461096/)

mommyof4boys 05-14-2010 11:51 AM

Hi Michelle! No problem...I meant to send you out a card but I didn't remember until the day of and then I figured by the time you got it, it would be extremely late. So I hope a text was enough. I'm glad that you're able to spend time with your dad after all these years, although the circumstances could be better, I'm happy that you seem to be looking on the up side of things.

Ina- I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation and hopefully the weather gets a little nicer for you.

Christyne- I'll make your cake....can you come over and show me how??? lol

Janet- I can't wait to see you again on Tuesday!! It's been FOREVER!!!

Teresa- YIKES!!! At this point I'd be calling SU directly to complain about this rep. That's just not right!! Does this order include the Taken with Teal that you ordered? If she doesn't get a move on in getting that for you, it might go out of stock since it's a retiring colour.

Karen- hopefully you'll be able to make it out with us soon...

Suzanne- where are you????

The weather is BEAUTIFUL out today...it called for rain but it doesn't look like it's going to happen (knock on wood). Hopefully this time the good weather is here to stay....

Have a great weekend everyone!

corrosive69 05-14-2010 11:56 AM

Glad you got it:) i love sending out cards!! (when i remember! lol)
hugs
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2busyscrappin (Post 16684468)
Hey everyone poppin in to say Hi and belated Happy Mothers Day to those I don't have cell numbers too. I sent out a text to a few that I do have numbers to.

JANET: I got your card on the day of my Birthday!!! I almost cried when when I saw that my birthday was remembered. Can you believe you other than my DD got me a B-day Card. My nother is in Trinidad my father is house bound from the surgery. It is my fault though Ive been so wrapped up with taking care of my dad that I haven't been able to even make plans for it so no one really remembered.

DI: Thank U so much for the text you sent me it meant a lot...huggs girl.

Well I know I've been out of the loop for awhile and still will be but I hope everyone is well and happy...watching my father suffer really puts life into perspective. I did spend my BDAY with him and all he could do was cry...

For those of you that don't know...my father and I reconnected after 36 yrs about 1 & 1/2 yr ago....so it was quiet but it was with him which is all I cared about. This man still has my Baptism papers in MINT condition...talk about emotional huh..? lol

Everyone have a great day...the weather seems to be getting nicer by the hour...
Enjoy your weekend!!! HUGGS EVERYONE!!!

ScrappingMommyof3 05-14-2010 12:07 PM

Teresa, ITA with Di about your Demo. They'll freeze her account till she makes it right. She won't be able to order until she fixes it.

Di, how is it YOU making my cake if I have to show you how - LOL! I guess I'll have to show you how so it doesn't come out of a box - BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

mommyof4boys 05-14-2010 12:12 PM

hehe...well, if I make it totally from scratch on my own then it'll probably not be edible...if I make it from a box then I'm sure you won't like it...and if I buy it from the store and try to pass it off as my own then I'm sure that you'll know (since you know I can't bake)...so my only other option is to get you to show me how, or better yet, I'll borrow your daughter!! yeah..I think that's the solution!

ScrappingMommyof3 05-14-2010 06:31 PM

LOL! Yes, you could borrow Lauren...she makes a killer chocolate cake. So moist and yummy!

stampinkaren 05-14-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3 (Post 16684523)
Hi Michelle! How nice to "see" you! Hope you're continuing to find some peace in your life.

Hope everyone is having a FAB day!

Ditto... i hope that things are calm at your house!

I will take this opportunity to say that I ALWAYS forget birthdays and I'm really bad at remembering to send cards and/or wishes... I don't even send a card to my dad! So don't feel bad! Part of that has to do with the difference between his sun calendar bday which is legal, and his moon calendar bday which is what my family celebrates and changes every year so.. that's my excuse! LOL

Either way, I hope every day is a great day and happy unbirthday every other day =p

stampinkaren 05-14-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3 (Post 16687740)
LOL! Yes, you could borrow Lauren...she makes a killer chocolate cake. So moist and yummy!

I'm really really close to you.. hahha
:eek:

mommyof4boys 05-14-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3 (Post 16687740)

done deal then...I'm totally serious! lemme know when...

ScrappingMommyof3 05-15-2010 11:24 AM

Lauren is quite happy to be "borrowed". When would you like her? It has to be a weekend as she has school during the week. Do you want her the weekend before my birthday?

mommyof4boys 05-15-2010 08:38 PM

Sounds like a plan...ooohhh...I just had a brilliant thought...why don't you and the fam come for a bday bbq here and then Lauren and I can make your cake, and we'll have it fresh out of the oven!

tmalaryk 05-16-2010 03:11 AM

That sounds so nice that I almost wish that I celebrated too!

mommyof4boys 05-16-2010 10:53 AM

Ladies....I goofed up big time.

It looks like I probably WON'T be able to make wings nite this Tuesday (I am SOOO sad!) DH is getting his wisdom teeth pulled that day and won't be up to being on baby duty. If he is then I'll be there but the chances are slim since his appointment is at 3pm...so I highly doubt that the effects of the drugs that they're going to give him will wear off in 3-4 hours.

I am so disappointed...I even tried asking him to reschedule (to which I got a funny look..lol). I hope you ladies have fun and I'll catch up with you next month.

yellowrose46 05-16-2010 12:57 PM

Too bad, Diana! Hope everyone is having a good weekend. The sun is shining here in Austin, which is warming things up fast. I have no idea what the temperature is, but we sure did work up a sweat playing tennis this morning. My son just presented me with a mother's day gift, and it is a mini laptop (notebook, I believe it is called) Wow! this is awesome! I have a dinosaur of a computer at home with a dial up connection so this is so cool!

tmalaryk 05-16-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 16694284)
Ladies....I goofed up big time.

It looks like I probably WON'T be able to make wings nite this Tuesday (I am SOOO sad!) DH is getting his wisdom teeth pulled that day and won't be up to being on baby duty. If he is then I'll be there but the chances are slim since his appointment is at 3pm...so I highly doubt that the effects of the drugs that they're going to give him will wear off in 3-4 hours.

I am so disappointed...I even tried asking him to reschedule (to which I got a funny look..lol). I hope you ladies have fun and I'll catch up with you next month.

Maybe we should reschedule?

tmalaryk 05-16-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46 (Post 16694740)
Too bad, Diana! Hope everyone is having a good weekend. The sun is shining here in Austin, which is warming things up fast. I have no idea what the temperature is, but we sure did work up a sweat playing tennis this morning. My son just presented me with a mother's day gift, and it is a mini laptop (notebook, I believe it is called) Wow! this is awesome! I have a dinosaur of a computer at home with a dial up connection so this is so cool!

Lovely gift!

stampinkaren 05-16-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Ooh.. sounds like fun! Congrats & enjoy!!

mommyof4boys 05-16-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmalaryk (Post 16694777)
Maybe we should reschedule?

If everyone doesn't mind I would LOVE that...but I know that you, Janet, and Kellie are coming from a distance and if you've already cleared your Tuesday nite schedule for this, then I'd hate to inconvenience you guys.

But if everyone can reschedule then I'm good for Thursday and Friday of this week or any nite other than Wednesday of the next if you guys are ok with rescheduling, if not, then no worries!

Thanks for offering Teresa!

mommyof4boys 05-16-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

That was extremely thoughtful of him!! Enjoy the rest of your stay there Ina and have a safe trip back!

jukie 05-16-2010 01:39 PM

Hi girls! guess who got sunburnt today by sitting out for an hour! I am so cross with myself as I am a strong advocate of shade and protection...but I got caught! Hope you all had a wonderful Weekend, and you are all looking forward to the week ahead.....job hunting is the name of the game for me again this week......

tmalaryk 05-16-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jukie (Post 16694968)
Hi girls! guess who got sunburnt today by sitting out for an hour! I am so cross with myself as I am a strong advocate of shade and protection...but I got caught! Hope you all had a wonderful Weekend, and you are all looking forward to the week ahead.....job hunting is the name of the game for me again this week......

Get the aloe out!

ScrappingMommyof3 05-16-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 16692572)
Sounds like a plan...ooohhh...I just had a brilliant thought...why don't you and the fam come for a bday bbq here and then Lauren and I can make your cake, and we'll have it fresh out of the oven!

Ooooh! Let me run it by the DH and I'll let you know!

ScrappingMommyof3 05-16-2010 06:23 PM

Di, ARGH!!!

I TOTALLY vote for reschedule if it works for those coming from farthest away. I can't do any other day but Tuesday this week, but am open to next week for sure. Monday us the last of the long weekend, so that is probably out for everyone. Other than that, I think I'm good!

Ina, it's probably a netbook and totally awesome! What a wonderful gift!

Eilis! Look after yourself girl! ITA with Teresa-get out the aloe.

Love to you all'

mommyof4boys 05-16-2010 08:44 PM

Christyne - We would LOVE to have you guys so clear it with DH and let me know.

I double that ARGH!! I was so looking forward to wings nite!!! Hopefully everyone will be ok with doing it the following Tuesday but if not, no worries, it's my goof up so it'll be my loss. We'll just have to go there again another day.

Eilis - have fun job hunting...hopefully something wonderful turns up for you! And I agree with Teresa and Christyne, you have got to be careful with the sun!

ScrappingMommyof3 05-17-2010 05:11 AM

WOOHOO!!! Di! DH is cool with the whole birthday/BBQ idea. He is quite introverted, so this is a BIG step. I think that it's the fact that it's my birthday was the clincher!

So...my birthday is June 14th. I'm doing a wedding/workshop thing for Caroline on the 13th and we have a thing for Sick Kids at Vaughn Mills on the 12th. The Sick Kids thing is done at 12:30, so what if we came up after that? We'd be 1/2 way there anyway, so it would make sense if that works for you.

Scott says, "What kind of beer should I bring?"

OMGosh! I am SO EXCITED!!!!

yellowrose46 05-17-2010 06:13 AM

Good morning all! My last day with the grandkids here in Texas. Even though I don't leave until tomorrow, my son has left for colorado Springs this morning, and the little one won't go to sleep without him, so he goes back to his mom's place tonight. Tomorrow morning I will do a bit of shopping and then take my rental car back.
I'll be good for next week Tuesday, if y'all decide to change the date to that day.

mommyof4boys 05-17-2010 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3 (Post 16697469)
WOOHOO!!! Di! DH is cool with the whole birthday/BBQ idea. He is quite introverted, so this is a BIG step. I think that it's the fact that it's my birthday was the clincher!

So...my birthday is June 14th. I'm doing a wedding/workshop thing for Caroline on the 13th and we have a thing for Sick Kids at Vaughn Mills on the 12th. The Sick Kids thing is done at 12:30, so what if we came up after that? We'd be 1/2 way there anyway, so it would make sense if that works for you.

Scott says, "What kind of beer should I bring?"

OMGosh! I am SO EXCITED!!!!

YAY!!! I'm pretty sure that we're good for the 12th but let me just make sure with Jerry. I don't think there should be a problem though since we don't have anything on our calender as of yet (that's going to change in about 2.5 seconds..lol) Let's say 1pm then since it'll take you about 20-30 minutes to get here from Vaughan Mills depending on the traffic.

As for beer..lol...tell Scott he can bring Coors Lite as that's what Jerry drinks.

And for the cake...what do I need to get? I have no idea what goes into it except for flour and sugar..lol. Oh and if we're going to need the stand mixer, you're gonna have to bring that (obviously)

If you guys stay long enough, we can have a bonfire at nite and roast marshmellows...yummm. I'm sure the kids will enjoy that, kinda like camping. Also if the kids like to fish and have some fishing gear, you can bring it if you want, people fish in the canal all the time (not sure if there's any fish) so the kids might like doing that.

I'm excited too!!!

mommyof4boys 05-17-2010 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46 (Post 16697789)
Good morning all! My last day with the grandkids here in Texas. Even though I don't leave until tomorrow, my son has left for colorado Springs this morning, and the little one won't go to sleep without him, so he goes back to his mom's place tonight. Tomorrow morning I will do a bit of shopping and then take my rental car back.
I'll be good for next week Tuesday, if y'all decide to change the date to that day.

Oooh..an added bonus if we change the date to next Tuesday...Ina will come!!!

Have a safe flight home tomorrow!

ScrappingMommyof3 05-17-2010 07:53 AM

Oooh! I hope Jerry doesn't have plans and if he does, tell him to change 'em - LOL!

As for the cake, yes, flour and sugar definitely - LOL! You'll need some cocoa too and coffee (we can brew up a Keurig for that). Baking powder, baking soda...the usual suspects. LOTS of icing sugar - LOTS!!! Lauren makes a kick butt icing to go with her kick butt cake! I'll ask Lauren about the other stuff and let you know.

A bonfire would be SO cool!!!! The kids don't have fishing stuff, but I'm sure the boys would like to hang out with your dudes and take turns if that's OK.

I'll let Scott know about the Coors Light.

mommyof4boys 05-17-2010 08:03 AM

LOL...for sure he's gonna have to change his plans if he's made any, I'm already giving up wings nite with you ladies, I'm not giving this up too! lol

Ok, make me a complete list of things I need to get for the cake since I have no idea where to start.

No problem, the kids can definately share their stuff. My boys have problems sharing with each other but not with other kids..lol.

Bonfires are so much fun! Luckily where we live, we don't need a permit to have one in our backyard.

Ok...so we'll mark it in our calendars then. The 12th of June...make it big and bold and dark and in PERMANENT marker...lol.

ScrappingMommyof3 05-17-2010 09:25 AM

Permanent marker for sure!!!

corrosive69 05-17-2010 12:35 PM

hey ladies....so far next tuesday works for me...we can't have a meeting without Di:) Just let me know what is going on ok???
hugs

ScrappingMommyof3 05-17-2010 12:42 PM

WOOHOO!!! Thanks Janet! My thinking was the same as yours - no Di, no wings!

mommyof4boys 05-17-2010 01:08 PM

*sniffle**sniffle* you ladies are way too nice to me...

it's been a heck of a day...we just got back from the hospital. DS#4 fell and split his chin open and the poor little guy had to get 3 stitches..DH is down with a yucky throat infection AND he was unable to postpone his wisdom teeth extraction tomorrow so he's gonna be out of commission for a couple of days since it'll probably take him a little longer to heal since he's already sick. Assuming that they do it at all...he called too late today and the office was closed so hopefully they call back tomorrow and reschedule the appointment for him without the cancellation fee. Either way he won't be up for baby duty tmr nite. So thank you, thank you, thank you ladies SOOO much for being so understanding and accomodating!!! Now if only Suzanne will check in so she's not having wings nite on her own tomorrow!!

Come heck or high water, I'll be there next week!! I LOVE you guys!!!

ScrappingMommyof3 05-17-2010 02:46 PM

Oh Di! Poor little dude! Give him some (((SQUISHY HUGS))) from "Steen" (since I'm sure he's picked it up from his older brother - LOL!)

Just so you know, if it helps him with the pain (and you with your sanity), it is TOTALLY OK to give him baby tylenol and baby advil together (tylenol every 4 hours, advil every 6 to 8 ).

Tell Jerry to gargle with salt water! Oh...and if he's on antibiotics (which he'll need after having the teeth done), he should be OK.

Hope you're holding up OK. (((HUGS)))

mommyof4boys 05-17-2010 05:33 PM

Thanks for the squishy hugs Steen!!! If all else fails hugs do the trick! I actually didn't have to give him anything for pain (knock on wood), he went down fine. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself..lol. He seems to have been in good spirits for the rest of the day and hasn't even given his injury a second thought. No scratching or anything so it doesn't seem to be bothering him.

Thanks for the tip for Jerry...he went to a walk in today and got some antibiotics so hopefully it passes soon.

So we're all good for next Tuesday then?? I'm writing it on my calendar!

tmalaryk 05-18-2010 02:04 AM

3 stitches is pretty big for a person so little. Poor little guy! Except for the sore throat the wisdom teeth should be easy. I had all 4 done at the same time, then went shopping but when you think of it shopping is good medication for just about anything. What is Jerry doing for meds?

ScrappingMommyof3 05-18-2010 04:27 AM

Shopping is DEFINITELY good therapy - LOL!

My wisdom tooth experience is not so good, so I won't share it. It wasn't pretty!

tmalaryk 05-18-2010 04:40 AM

My wisdom tooth story is a little longer than what I posted. It's also funnier and gross. I'll tell it while we eat wings next week....maybe before we eat.

ScrappingMommyof3 05-18-2010 06:55 AM

How is everyone today????

Di? Everything OK over there??? Jerry and little dude hanging in?

mommyof4boys 05-18-2010 08:23 AM

I got all 4 of mine pulled at the same time but they put me completely under and when I came to, my cheeks looked like they were somebody punching bag. But the pain meds kept me from feeling anything..lol.

Jerry is feeling yucky and has postponed his wisdom teeth extraction for a later date and Christian is back to his usual troublesome self. lol

Thanks for the thoughts ladies!

Oh, Teresa, I was thinking about you last night cuz I'm getting ready to place an SU order...any news on your stuff?