Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #3281  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob has a tux but if he needed a second one I'd check that place out.
Got my taxes taken care of yesterday...well, took all the papers to the accountant anyway.
Been stampin' like a maniac today...if you thought last week was productive, then you should see me now!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #3282  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

LOL! DH wore tails for our wedding too - STUNNING!!!!

And yes, the heads need to turn for you, NOT him!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #3283  
Forum Fanatic

he bought the first tux he tried on. He did't want to try on on with tails.. men can be so difficult! LOL But he did change his shirt and vest/tie/bowtie at my request.. hehe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #3284  
Polyshrink Goddess

Whew....I missed a lot! Been so sick AGAIN, but at least I was able to avoid the hospital this time. Though the Dragon Lady doesn't seem to care either way, still couldn't work.
So...welcome Leena and Donna (hope I didn't miss anyone!) I had to read with my note pad so I didn't forget anything! (LOL....and you all THINK I'm joking, but I'm not!)
I'm all for Demetries!! Hopefully on a day when I can come! Work just gets in the way of life you know!
Diana - I think you need a NANNY for the trip to Barbados! (and it should be ME!) But then...maybe I would get really distracted by all the fine Bajan men and lose the kids somewhere! LMAO
Janet - we still have not met, but I can't imagine what a crummy week this has been with a baby death and free coffee mayhem.
Michelle - Ikea box...like it for ink. Wonder how ribbon would store in it also? Maybe an idea? I'm "redoing" my craft room too....but that's been a work in progress for the last 3 years! Hope you are less of a proctrastinater than I am! I think if I just "rent a husband" for a weekend I would get it done (and several other waiting projects too)
Christyne - OH NO...I have nothing on my note pad for you! But you rock either way! Think of ya all the time.....(Using my eyelets and brad collection!) So thrilled still!
Karen - ... what is the "lodge"?
I have multi strand black beads, but there is no big bead or anything in the centre. You are more than welcome to use it! If you have not found anything yet, let me know and I'll snap a pic so you can see if it will work for your dress!
What else.....Argh, I'm so tired right now.
REMEMBER to put your clocks ahead!! All of you! (if you have not already)
AND more importantly....CHANGE the battery in your SMOKE DETECTOR! (I'm so **** about these things and the recent fire deaths of that man and his 12 year old because of no working alarm only makes it worse)
Until tomorrow SCS People! Mr. BoJangles is already passed out! (That's my Dog in case someone doesn't know! Not my husband! LOL)

http://www.treasured-crafts.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #3285  
Polyshrink Goddess

Whew....I missed a lot! Been so sick AGAIN, but at least I was able to avoid the hospital this time. Though the Dragon Lady doesn't seem to care either way, still couldn't work.
So...welcome Leena and Donna (hope I didn't miss anyone!) I had to read with my note pad so I didn't forget anything! (LOL....and you all THINK I'm joking, but I'm not!)
I'm all for Demetries!! Hopefully on a day when I can come! Work just gets in the way of life you know!
Diana - I think you need a NANNY for the trip to Barbados! (and it should be ME!) But then...maybe I would get really distracted by all the fine Bajan men and lose the kids somewhere! LMAO
Janet - we still have not met, but I can't imagine what a crummy week this has been with a baby death and free coffee mayhem.
[

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 09:22 PM   #3286  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3View Post
Where's everyone hiding today? It's not like you're all outside enjoying the weather - ICK!!! Maybe you're all stamping?
Well, I braved the weather twice yesterday........I'm dog sitting Melissa's dog and she needs her exercise. She's mostly boxer and weighs around 70 pounds I think. She's been really good for me, but seeing as I am working three 12 hour night shifts, I haven't had much time to play with her, so she needs to get a little walk anyway. It's a good night at work, so I am going to start working on my ATCs for the Buffalo meet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2010, 05:21 AM   #3287  
Mad Swapper

Morning Girls!

What lovely weather, nice reminder of one of the reasons we moved! this weather would go on all winter in the UK and Ireland!

It has been fun and games here is this week, SIL and her husband's sewer piped collapsed......fun times, the whole driveway had to be dug up, and the basement has a 6ft wide but 4ft deep hole it.....this is the same basement that OH has just finished for them including the hardwood floors that he laid. And the last thing they need is rain, as the whole in the basement if filling with rain water that is filtering through the mud....

Today is Mother's Day in the UK/Ireland, and a very hard day today for me, having lost my Mam 18 months ago, the rest of the week is just going to get worse, as it would have been my parents wedding anniversary on St Patrick's Day and my Mam's birthday on Friday.....so if I am even more scarce around here, I am fine, I am just under my duvet waiting for next weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2010, 07:34 AM   #3288  

Oh Eilis! (((HUGS))) I can't even begin to imagine what this week will hold for you!

If you need a distraction, Diana is hosting "cooking school" on Tuesday...well, she's opening her house to the insanity, I'm in charge.

Thinking of you and sending love.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2010, 07:54 AM   #3289  
Forum Fanatic

aww.. (((hugs))) Eilis! BIG BIG HUGS!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2010, 07:57 AM   #3290  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by queensuzanneView Post
Michelle - Ikea box...like it for ink. Wonder how ribbon would store in it also? Maybe an idea? I'm "redoing" my craft room too....but that's been a work in progress for the last 3 years! Hope you are less of a proctrastinater than I am! I think if I just "rent a husband" for a weekend I would get it done (and several other waiting projects too)
Christyne - OH NO...I have nothing on my note pad for you! But you rock either way! Think of ya all the time.....(Using my eyelets and brad collection!) So thrilled still!
Karen - ... what is the "lodge"?
I have multi strand black beads, but there is no big bead or anything in the centre. You are more than welcome to use it! If you have not found anything yet, let me know and I'll snap a pic so you can see if it will work for your dress!
What else.....Argh, I'm so tired right now.
REMEMBER to put your clocks ahead!! All of you! (if you have not already)
AND more importantly....CHANGE the battery in your SMOKE DETECTOR! (I'm so **** about these things and the recent fire deaths of that man and his 12 year old because of no working alarm only makes it worse)
Until tomorrow SCS People! Mr. BoJangles is already passed out! (That's my Dog in case someone doesn't know! Not my husband! LOL)
I do that on another thread here, there's a regular bunch that's really chatty & I can't keep up. If I'm away for a day I have to write stuff down! LOL So yep! I believe ya!

The "lodge" = Freemason's lodge.

I was thinking about heading up to a bead shop and maybe seeing if I can whip something up ~ there's one in Scarborough. I've never been there before, but I have ordered from them online YEARS ago...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2010, 08:20 AM   #3291  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkarenView Post
I do that on another thread here, there's a regular bunch that's really chatty & I can't keep up. If I'm away for a day I have to write stuff down! LOL So yep! I believe ya!

The "lodge" = Freemason's lodge.

I was thinking about heading up to a bead shop and maybe seeing if I can whip something up ~ there's one in Scarborough. I've never been there before, but I have ordered from them online YEARS ago...
OH cool! I watched a show on history channel about the Freemasons yesterday on Cities of the Underworld. My Grandfather (on Dad's side) was a Freemason....
Let me know if you don't find something at the bead shop and need a peek at mine. Not a problem either way.....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2010, 08:23 AM   #3292  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jukieView Post
Morning Girls!

What lovely weather, nice reminder of one of the reasons we moved! this weather would go on all winter in the UK and Ireland!

It has been fun and games here is this week, SIL and her husband's sewer piped collapsed......fun times, the whole driveway had to be dug up, and the basement has a 6ft wide but 4ft deep hole it.....this is the same basement that OH has just finished for them including the hardwood floors that he laid. And the last thing they need is rain, as the whole in the basement if filling with rain water that is filtering through the mud....

Today is Mother's Day in the UK/Ireland, and a very hard day today for me, having lost my Mam 18 months ago, the rest of the week is just going to get worse, as it would have been my parents wedding anniversary on St Patrick's Day and my Mam's birthday on Friday.....so if I am even more scarce around here, I am fine, I am just under my duvet waiting for next weekend.
That's one crappy week for sure Jukie! I guess on the bright side....it's all in one week and you don't have to dread things for 3-4 different weeks. (Just trying to see the plus side for you... Thinking of ya!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2010, 08:37 AM   #3293  
Forum Fanatic

awesome! thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2010, 06:36 PM   #3294  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

So sorry you are going through such a hard week, Eilis.You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #3295  

Karen, there's a bead shop in Oakville too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #3296  
Forum Fanatic

cheap? good? reasonable? where?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #3297  
Forum Fanatic

i went to La perlerie today (its near the in-laws place) and I went in and explained what it was that I wanted, she was showing me stuff that was $35 a strand! I mean geez.. I know I was IN the bloor west village, but I don't freakin' LIVE there (meaning I dont' have that kind of money, lol)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 02:48 AM   #3298  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Morning Girls!

Oh, Jukie, how horribly messy and expensive. I wouldn't have any idea on what to do.
Sorry about the loss of your Mam. The loss will always hurt but the pain gets easier to deal with as time goes by although I'm sure it doesn't feel like it now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 04:18 AM   #3299  
Gabfest Goddess

Sending lots of hugs! I lost my mom 5 years ago it never gets easier like they say!

Quote:

Morning Girls!

Janet's Blog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 04:20 AM   #3300  
Gabfest Goddess

morning ladies...i am at work...and its calm! woo hoo no more free coffee!!! lol It is march break though so i am sure we will be busy for lunch!

i went out saturday night, we had so much fun! My friend was down from cambridge and we always have a good time! I didn't have fun on sunday though...worst hang over ever!! lol It was kinda nice to have my not-bf take care of me though lol

ok i should get my schedule done!!

hugs

Janet's Blog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 04:25 AM   #3301  
Forum Fanatic

Janet, sounds like you had a great weekend!!
and sorry to hear you lost your mom too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 04:41 AM   #3302  
Pearl-ExPert

I went to McD's yesterday. Tiana told me to get a free coffee. I don't usually have one, so I didn't get one. We both had happy meals.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 04:47 AM   #3303  
Forum Fanatic

yay! Happy Meals are so fun!
I always feel bad when i want to order a happy meal for myself though lol... I always think, "is the girl behind the counter going to call me out??" (On not being a kid) LOL I know, its pretty stupid... lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 04:49 AM   #3304  
Forum Fanatic

OOh.. I don't know if there's a restaurant chain called White Spot in Ontario? They have it in BC. Way back when, it used to be that everyone went there for the car hop. You'd roll down your windows and the waitress would come by on roller skates (no roller blades back then) and take your order. It came to you in your car on a long table thing that your laid accross the two open windows. That was cool! My mom would take me and I'd get thier version of a happy meal which was called a Pirate Pak. The meal came in a paper pirate ship!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 05:11 AM   #3305  
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks My mom was an awesome lady and i miss her alot!
Quote:

Janet, sounds like you had a great weekend!!
and sorry to hear you lost your mom too.

Janet's Blog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 05:12 AM   #3306  
Gabfest Goddess

McD's doesn't have an age limit on happy meals! lol I have a lot of customers that get one for themselves
Quote:

yay! Happy Meals are so fun!
I always feel bad when i want to order a happy meal for myself though lol... I always think, "is the girl behind the counter going to call me out??" (On not being a kid) LOL I know, its pretty stupid... lol

Janet's Blog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 05:12 AM   #3307  
Gabfest Goddess

Do you drink coffee? You should have tried one Our coffee rocks! lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by tmalarykView Post
I went to McD's yesterday. Tiana told me to get a free coffee. I don't usually have one, so I didn't get one. We both had happy meals.

Janet's Blog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 05:14 AM   #3308  
Gabfest Goddess

I have never heard of it but it sounds cool We have a place here that used to do that (minus the rollar skates! lol). If anyone has been to the falls i am sure you have been to the Flying Saucer? When i was a kid they used to bring out your order to you. It was cool lol They stopped doing it though...and their food is terrible now! ugh...
Quote:

OOh.. I don't know if there's a restaurant chain called White Spot in Ontario? They have it in BC. Way back when, it used to be that everyone went there for the car hop. You'd roll down your windows and the waitress would come by on roller skates (no roller blades back then) and take your order. It came to you in your car on a long table thing that your laid accross the two open windows. That was cool! My mom would take me and I'd get thier version of a happy meal which was called a Pirate Pak. The meal came in a paper pirate ship!

Janet's Blog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 06:06 AM   #3309  

Quote:

A&W used to do something like that - WAY back when!!! Like before I was 10!!! No roller skates though...the tray would clip to one open window. My sister and I used to LOVE IT!!! We still have our teeny tiny A&W rootbeer mugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 06:07 AM   #3310  

So...what's on tap for the first day of spring break peeps???

I'm taking the kids swimming later on! Tim Hortons sponsors a "free swim" at some community centres over the break, but we're NOT doing that! We did free swim once and it was a NIGHTMARE! I'd rather pay to swim and save my sanity - LOL!

Tomorrow is Diana's - YAY!!! Who's coming??? Anyone with no little monsters?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 06:12 AM   #3311  
Mad Swapper

Morning Girls! thanks for all the hugs and best wishes I really appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 09:52 AM   #3312  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

i went to La perlerie today (its near the in-laws place) and I went in and explained what it was that I wanted, she was showing me stuff that was $35 a strand! I mean geez.. I know I was IN the bloor west village, but I don't freakin' LIVE there (meaning I dont' have that kind of money, lol)
OMG....that's crazy! 5-6 strands of that would be way too much! More than your dress! Were you able to find anything else?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 09:57 AM   #3313  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

So...what's on tap for the first day of spring break peeps???

I'm taking the kids swimming later on! Tim Hortons sponsors a "free swim" at some community centres over the break, but we're NOT doing that! We did free swim once and it was a NIGHTMARE! I'd rather pay to swim and save my sanity - LOL!

Tomorrow is Diana's - YAY!!! Who's coming??? Anyone with no little monsters?
I'd pay for swimming too.....those free things are certainly not worth sanity!

Sounds fun at Diana's tomorrow, but I'll be at work! I'm home today, but should be better enough to work tomorrow. Even without kids it's something that I'd do anyhow, and enjoy other ppls kids!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #3314  
Forum Fanatic

LOL - as we know from Janet's Free Coffee experience, Free is not always good on BOTH sides! LOL

I don't have a little monster and my part time little monster.. well, apparently I"m not her parent so i don't get to know what she's doing for Spring Break.

I will probably go find a bead store tomorrow ~ I have seen a few things online that I might want to try and copy; but that depends on what I can find.

Oh - christyne, where was that bead store in Okaville? Is it a good one?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 01:13 PM   #3315  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Cool!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #3316  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

A&W used to do something like that - WAY back when!!! Like before I was 10!!! No roller skates though...the tray would clip to one open window. My sister and I used to LOVE IT!!! We still have our teeny tiny A&W rootbeer mugs!
My parents still have our mugs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #3317  

Karen, go here:

http://www.thehaberdashers.com/home/?id=1&catg=Home
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #3318  

OMGOSH!!! The bead store in Oakville does a girls night out thing!!! We HAVE to do it!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #3319  
Forum Fanatic

Thats not TOO far... I had my MRI at the Oakville Trafalger and it looks from the map like its close to there.

Does everyone/Has everyone beaded before?
I found this website: www.johnbead.com - holy freakin' canola lookie at all thier stuffs!!!!!!!!! Its wholesale only but maybe I can get an account.. min order is $300 though...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 06:57 PM   #3320  
Matboard Maniac

OMG. i just got back from Nathan's first day of march break, i'm pooped and got a crazy stomach ache. We went to woodbine for a reptile show, then to fantasy fair, we had luch at demetres and hit Empire @ sq1 for toonie movie. All we ate was JUNK FOOD. Lots of stuff to do out there for kids. Now i need some pepto.
Reply With Quote Likes