Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-06-2010, 06:17 AM   #2521  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Diana, this is the 16th http://www.thepaperplace.ca/workshops.php

Ina, I ordered this stamp from SU!, so I might need stuff to go with it. I figure I would emboss with black and sponge over for background. http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/....php?cat=17451
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 06:23 AM   #2522  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmalarykView Post
Diana, this is the 16th http://www.thepaperplace.ca/workshops.php

Ina, I ordered this stamp from SU!, so I might need stuff to go with it. I figure I would emboss with black and sponge over for background. http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/....php?cat=17451
ooohhhh....that looks cool! I would love to come but getting downtown for 6:30 would be nearly impossible on a weeknight since Jerry works till about 5ish and traffic getting down there would be a nightmare! Have fun though...if you guys are gonna grab a bite to eat or coffee afterwards, I could probably join you. If you're up to that let me know...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 06:24 AM   #2523  
Die Cut Diva

oh and I just got that stamp too!

I went to Dollarama and they had some pretty cool Rock Star theme embellies in the craft section but you've gotta kinda dig through all the stickers and such that they have...when I get off my butt I'll take a pic of the one I got...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 06:30 AM   #2524  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boysView Post
ooohhhh....that looks cool! I would love to come but getting downtown for 6:30 would be nearly impossible on a weeknight since Jerry works till about 5ish and traffic getting down there would be a nightmare! Have fun though...if you guys are gonna grab a bite to eat or coffee afterwards, I could probably join you. If you're up to that let me know...
I wanna go to Reggie's after our class. http://www.reggiessandwiches.com/ It's just around the block from The Paper Place. I could bring your Altoid swap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 06:31 AM   #2525  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

oh and I just got that stamp too!

I went to Dollarama and they had some pretty cool Rock Star theme embellies in the craft section but you've gotta kinda dig through all the stickers and such that they have...when I get off my butt I'll take a pic of the one I got...
Can't wait to see. It is a pretty cool stamp. It was on my want list and bam, there it is on saleabration.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 08:47 AM   #2526  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

OK, let me see if I can get all this...

BLOGS - Following...I think I've got you all. If you think I've missed you, don't be shy and let me know.

Diana (and anyone else who'd like to do it too) - cards for the hospital are ALWAYS welcome! I would be thrilled to take them down - we are there quite often (d'uh!) and our next appt (after Monday) is April 15th.

Diana, there are clear blocks in my box of giveaways - don't buy any. If you want to get together for coffee next week, Wednesday afternoon would be great. I'm done at Jonathan's school around 12:30 or so and then can head out. I can drive up to Brampton if it makes it a bit easier for you...There's LOTS to be had at the 410 and Bovaird...

Ina, at least it's warmer in Texas than here!!! And you get to see your babies, so it's all good. Plus, you get Hobby Lobby and Joanne's...not that any of us need more stuff, I'm SURE - LOL!

Teresa, I hope you have fun at your class!!!

I think that's it...if I've missed anyone, my apologies...I've got 3 sick boys at home today (including DH) who are very much occupying my time...which reminds me...I need to go wash my hands after touching the cootie keyboard!

I'll check in later! MWAH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 09:50 AM   #2527  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I wanna go to Reggie's after our class. http://www.reggiessandwiches.com/ It's just around the block from The Paper Place. I could bring your Altoid swap.
oooohhhh.....that looks yummy! I can go for one of those. Let me double check with DH and get back to you guys. I'll meet you at the Paper Place at 8:15ish since your class is over at 8:30pm.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 10:54 AM   #2528  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3View Post
OK, let me see if I can get all this...

BLOGS - Following...I think I've got you all. If you think I've missed you, don't be shy and let me know.

Diana (and anyone else who'd like to do it too) - cards for the hospital are ALWAYS welcome! I would be thrilled to take them down - we are there quite often (d'uh!) and our next appt (after Monday) is April 15th.

Diana, there are clear blocks in my box of giveaways - don't buy any. If you want to get together for coffee next week, Wednesday afternoon would be great. I'm done at Jonathan's school around 12:30 or so and then can head out. I can drive up to Brampton if it makes it a bit easier for you...There's LOTS to be had at the 410 and Bovaird...

Ina, at least it's warmer in Texas than here!!! And you get to see your babies, so it's all good. Plus, you get Hobby Lobby and Joanne's...not that any of us need more stuff, I'm SURE - LOL!

Teresa, I hope you have fun at your class!!!

I think that's it...if I've missed anyone, my apologies...I've got 3 sick boys at home today (including DH) who are very much occupying my time...which reminds me...I need to go wash my hands after touching the cootie keyboard!

I'll check in later! MWAH!
Clear blocks would be AWESOME!!! I got a few from the $1.50 bin at Michaels but need some bigger ones and some extras for my workshop since some of the stamps that we'll be using are the new clear mount ones. I was going to go out and buy some but if you have them and don't need them, I'd really appreciate them.

hmmm...Wednesday might not work if you're not available until after 12:30 since wherever we go, I'd have to leave by 2:15 at the very latest to get back in time for my older boys. Can you do Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday at 11ish?? That way we'll have more time together....or if you wanna trek downtown on Tuesday to go for sandwiches after Teresa and Karen's class.

Hope your boys feel better soon....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 12:17 PM   #2529  

Diana, Tuesday is out as I'm working with Caroline that day. I could do Thursday around 11 if that works. Earlier if you like. The boys are off by 9:00 am.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 12:26 PM   #2530  
Forum Fanatic

All that planning, dates & times is making my eyes fuzzy.. lol

Diana, you can always borrow my blocks too.

And I mentioned to you about the 16th Diana! LOL I wasn't specific enough to provide a link, but I told you! lol!

teresa, I have some Rockstar-ish stamps too that if you want to borrow you can. I love Rockstar stuff since well, my dog's name is Rockstar... lol And yes, he has a puppy album....hee hee.....

*yawn* i am so tired today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #2531  
Pearl-ExPert

Awesome! I'll borrow everyones rockstar stamps!

Christyne, if you are meeting Diana on Thursday 18th, then I can give Diana your Altoid swap BUT if you are meeting on Thursday the 11th, then you can give Diana the Winter wonderland swap OR should I give Diana your Altoid swap either way?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #2532  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Christyne, if you are meeting Diana on Thursday 18th, then I can give Diana your Altoid swap BUT if you are meeting on Thursday the 11th, then you can give Diana the Winter wonderland swap OR should I give Diana your Altoid swap either way?

LOL.... I need sleep or coffee or something!!
All i know is Teresa and I are making a book on the 16th. LOL
that's all the fact I can follow right now.. hahaha..

Oh, but if noone meets up with anyone then T, you can give me C's swap, and i can meet up with her one night before the 16th and pick up your WW swap.... sh*t..... see, if I had a brain, I woulda said to bring it yesterday!

grr....

just..someone lmk if I need to do anything before that date... man.. this not working thing is turning my brain to mush mush mush!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #2533  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Diana, Tuesday is out as I'm working with Caroline that day. I could do Thursday around 11 if that works. Earlier if you like. The boys are off by 9:00 am.
Thursday works....my boys are off to school at 9ish...then I will head to my parents to drop off the babies....should be in Mississauga by 10...so should be good to meet you by 10:30ish...my mom will be home so I figured it would be easier to drop them off with her there then make a detour into Vaughan....where'd you wanna go?

Karen, Eilis...ladies...anyone up to going out for "coffee" again??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #2534  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkarenView Post
All that planning, dates & times is making my eyes fuzzy.. lol

Diana, you can always borrow my blocks too.

And I mentioned to you about the 16th Diana! LOL I wasn't specific enough to provide a link, but I told you! lol!

teresa, I have some Rockstar-ish stamps too that if you want to borrow you can. I love Rockstar stuff since well, my dog's name is Rockstar... lol And yes, he has a puppy album....hee hee.....

*yawn* i am so tired today.
LOL!!! I vaguely remembered you saying something about it but it didn't register. And luckily we're going through the dates and putting numbers beside them because I was thinking that your class is THIS Tuesday as in 3 days from today and I would've driven all the way downtown and waited for you guys!

I think MY brain is mush...not been working and watching "Bob Bob" and "Choo Choo" for over 2 years now....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #2535  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I think we're meeting this Thursday the 11th so I'll get your WW swap and give them to you on the 16th...or if Karen comes then she can take them so you'll get them for sure (just in case something comes up and I can't make it). Then you can give me Christyne's tins since I'll see her on March 6th if not sooner...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #2536  

Di, where in Mississauga do you drop the boys? We can meet somewhere near there.

Anyone else is welcome to join in!!! Thursday, Feb 11th @ 10:30 ish at a location yet to be determined!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #2537  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Di, where in Mississauga do you drop the boys? We can meet somewhere near there.

Anyone else us welcome to join in!!! Thursday, Feb 11th @ 10:30 ish at a location yet to be determined!!!
My parents live at Central Pkwy and Eglinton area...so if we go somewhere in Heartland or near there that would be perfect!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 01:44 PM   #2538  
Forum Fanatic

Oh, i thought the in laws were in "sauga too.....

D - i sent you a couple of emails...

As for coffee.. just lmk where and when and if I can make it I will. $$ is tight now since the severance has officially ended and waiting for EI to kick in hopefully by mid feb. I have to spread out my spending.... lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 01:48 PM   #2539  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Oh, i thought the in laws were in "sauga too.....

D - i sent you a couple of emails...

As for coffee.. just lmk where and when and if I can make it I will. $$ is tight now since the severance has officially ended and waiting for EI to kick in hopefully by mid feb. I have to spread out my spending.... lol
nope, my parents are in sauga, inlaws are in vaughan.

emails??? didn't get any....

lets keep our coffee date minimal $...we can even do a tims or something....theres one at hurontario & eglinton....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 01:49 PM   #2540  
Forum Fanatic

no?? i sent it like 10 mins ago.. there's 3
i sent it to your hotmail. acct.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #2541  

There's a Second Cup at Heartland. I have a BOGO coupon!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #2542  
Forum Fanatic

LOL!
Cupons rock!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #2543  
Die Cut Diva

alright, so Second Cup at Heartland around 10:30ish??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #2544  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

alright, so Second Cup at Heartland around 10:30ish??
Poop....I have to work! And again, this is right around the corner from me!

http://www.treasured-crafts.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #2545  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by queensuzanneView Post
Poop....I have to work! And again, this is right around the corner from me!
lunch break??? do you work in that area too?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 06:14 PM   #2546  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

lunch break??? do you work in that area too?
You're so cute Diana! I can't take lunch at 10:30! The Dragon Lady is already after my head....I don't wanna give her any ammo! Besides, I certainly wouldn't wanna go back!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #2547  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by queensuzanneView Post
You're so cute Diana! I can't take lunch at 10:30! The Dragon Lady is already after my head....I don't wanna give her any ammo! Besides, I certainly wouldn't wanna go back!!!
we might still be there at noon...lol...you have my cell # if you can get away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 06:55 PM   #2548  

Second Cup Heartland at 10:30 is great!!!

Suzanne, Diana is right...we will likely still be there at noon. We are notoriously long winded-LOL!!!

Anyone else is welcome to join us too! Eilis, there may well be more embellies to be had by Thursday...just sayin'!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #2549  
Die Cut Diva

You've got yourself a date!!! Cleared it with my mom...dropping the babies off at 10ish and will be back to get them at 2...gives me 4 hrs ladies!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 06:05 AM   #2550  

WOOT!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #2551  
Polyshrink Goddess

Heads Up Girls....I'm selling my large paper rack. I'm posting it on Craigslist for $100 if any of you are interested, I'll give you priority of course!!!!!

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/mss/art/1590395654

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #2552  
Polyshrink Goddess

Where is everyone today?? Don't tell me you're all watching the superbowl! Not my cup of tea!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #2553  
Forum Fanatic

I AM watching the superbowl! Not my cup of tea either but I'm at the bar with bf and his friend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #2554  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I AM watching the superbowl! Not my cup of tea either but I'm at the bar with bf and his friend.
That sucks Karen, Sorry to hear about your misfortune! LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #2555  

We're watching too. It's the only football we watch all year...

It's not very exciting. We're "rooting" for the Saints because they're the underdogs, but I don't think they're going to win.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 06:12 PM   #2556  
Die Cut Diva

sorry...I got stuck watching it too! My brother and his gf came over to watch it with DH..I did NOT understand a single thing and kept asking questions that were probably pretty stupid questions but they put up with me. I kept saying that it's such a barbaric sport and they even have war paint on their faces to prove it...LOL...but they all seemed happy that New Orleans won so I guess it was a good thing..

btw. Christyne, where do you get your clear sleeves from? I remember you saying it a while ago but dont remember the name of the place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 06:23 PM   #2557  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

No superbowl here! My son is more into individual sports like cycling, jogging and working out in the gym. I got a little bit of stamping done with my grandsons, as they wanted to make birthday cards for their older brother. I turned my back for one minute and what did the 3 year old do? Got hold of my adhesive and unwound it and wrapped it all around himself! It was brand new too!
I have brand new respect for all you gals with young children especially you, Diana!,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 07:02 PM   #2558  
Polyshrink Goddess

argh....I've always hated Valentines Day and Superbowl Sunday! LOL
So, glad the day is over, just not so glad that it means tomorrow is Monday! Blahhh!
Goodnight Ladies!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 07:22 PM   #2559  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46View Post
No superbowl here! My son is more into individual sports like cycling, jogging and working out in the gym. I got a little bit of stamping done with my grandsons, as they wanted to make birthday cards for their older brother. I turned my back for one minute and what did the 3 year old do? Got hold of my adhesive and unwound it and wrapped it all around himself! It was brand new too!
I have brand new respect for all you gals with young children especially you, Diana!,
lol..thanks Ina! Which reminds me of a story...I don't know if any of you noticed on my FB status, I wrote that I don't know how 2 stamps can go missing...they are still MIA but I think I know what happened to them. I had used those 2 stamps for a class I had a few weeks ago. After the class instead of cleaning them and putting them back in their box, I just left them on my desk, thinking that I will go back down and do it later that night. Well, I didn't and kinda forgot about it until I finally did decide to clean it a few days ago. So I go down and they're GONE! I looked everywhere, I even asked DH if he's seen them or if he noticed them in the garbage box that he threw out. He said that he didn't but there was a tied up garbage bag in the box. I racked my brain and the only thing that I could think of is that DS#3 must've thrown them into my garbage bin when we were down there together, and I didn't know so tied up the bag and threw it in the larger box that was to be thrown out because I asked him if he knew where my stamps were and he had a huge smile on his face and said yes. So I took him down to show me since he can't really talk yet and he pointed to the now empty garbage bin....bye bye stamps Kids really do get into anything and everything if given half the chance. All it takes is a split second....now I'm debating if I should reorder that set or wait and see if it shows up (which I highly doubt). Oh well...I'll probably wait...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2010, 03:06 AM   #2560  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

lol..thanks Ina! Which reminds me of a story...I don't know if any of you noticed on my FB status, I wrote that I don't know how 2 stamps can go missing...they are still MIA but I think I know what happened to them. I had used those 2 stamps for a class I had a few weeks ago. After the class instead of cleaning them and putting them back in their box, I just left them on my desk, thinking that I will go back down and do it later that night. Well, I didn't and kinda forgot about it until I finally did decide to clean it a few days ago. So I go down and they're GONE! I looked everywhere, I even asked DH if he's seen them or if he noticed them in the garbage box that he threw out. He said that he didn't but there was a tied up garbage bag in the box. I racked my brain and the only thing that I could think of is that DS#3 must've thrown them into my garbage bin when we were down there together, and I didn't know so tied up the bag and threw it in the larger box that was to be thrown out because I asked him if he knew where my stamps were and he had a huge smile on his face and said yes. So I took him down to show me since he can't really talk yet and he pointed to the now empty garbage bin....bye bye stamps Kids really do get into anything and everything if given half the chance. All it takes is a split second....now I'm debating if I should reorder that set or wait and see if it shows up (which I highly doubt). Oh well...I'll probably wait...
Oh that sucks!
Reply With Quote Likes