Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-14-2009, 04:18 AM   #201  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkarenView Post
you MUST mean Lake Ontario...... where I'm sure you'd be able to find a three eyed fish....that smells like poo
I used to live by lake Huron and now lake Ontario. When I was a kid I thought everyone in the world had a beach to go to whenever they wanted.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 04:23 AM   #202  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkarenView Post
you MUST mean Lake Ontario...... where I'm sure you'd be able to find a three eyed fish....that smells like poo
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 04:44 AM   #203  
Gabfest Goddess

LOL Lake Erie is just as bad...ugh...

Janet's Blog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 06:09 AM   #204  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmalarykView Post
I used to live by lake Huron and now lake Ontario. When I was a kid I thought everyone in the world had a beach to go to whenever they wanted.
One day we all just might.......if the ice keeps melting..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 06:10 AM   #205  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by corrosive69View Post
LOL Lake Erie is just as bad...ugh...
Yeah it is... bf was talking to the neighbours up at the cottage & thier two kids swim in Lake Erie. The daughter for some reason has a tendancy to swallow water and she got a throat infection. Then thier son, who goes diving throught the waves when they're high enough, ended up with an ear infection.

We all thought how interesting it was that during the week there's a sign up with a bacteria warning and miraculously on the weekends when the tourists and homeowners and renters come, the signs come down......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 07:26 AM   #206  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Janet, do you want us to pick you up on our way to H.L tomorrow? Melissa and I are planning to go in the morning. We both have family in the U.S. so we always keep our passports up to date.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 11:59 AM   #207  
Die Cut Diva

OOhhh...another crazy...I mean friend!! Welcome Janet!!!

There's been so much going on that I don't know where to start!

Christyne- I've decided that since I have soooo much stuff, I'm only going to get the sets that I'm looking for. If you happen to come across them at the CF then let me know (by phone or text) and maybe you can set them aside for me.

Teresa- I haven't had a chance to talk to DH about the lights but I will tonight and get back to you.

Ina/Melissa- I am so jealous that you're going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow.

I was actually quite disappointed during my trip. We had decided that we would visit Joann's so I printed out a dozen 40% off coupons thinking that they had so much more than Michael's. I was looking for nesties and they said online that it was available in store. We get to the first location that we were able to find and nothing...they didn't even know what I was talking about. The same goes with the 2nd and 3rd location. Since we're not from the area it wasn't easy for us to find these places. We decided to call around and nobody had them. Grrr...so frustrating!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #208  
Gabfest Goddess

AWWWWWWWW i wish i could go...but i have to work sniff sniff!! We should definitly make plans another time though!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46View Post
Janet, do you want us to pick you up on our way to H.L tomorrow? Melissa and I are planning to go in the morning. We both have family in the U.S. so we always keep our passports up to date.

Janet's Blog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 04:50 PM   #209  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boysView Post
OOhhh...another crazy...I mean friend!! Welcome Janet!!!

There's been so much going on that I don't know where to start!

Christyne- I've decided that since I have soooo much stuff, I'm only going to get the sets that I'm looking for. If you happen to come across them at the CF then let me know (by phone or text) and maybe you can set them aside for me.

Teresa- I haven't had a chance to talk to DH about the lights but I will tonight and get back to you.

Ina/Melissa- I am so jealous that you're going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow.

I was actually quite disappointed during my trip. We had decided that we would visit Joann's so I printed out a dozen 40% off coupons thinking that they had so much more than Michael's. I was looking for nesties and they said online that it was available in store. We get to the first location that we were able to find and nothing...they didn't even know what I was talking about. The same goes with the 2nd and 3rd location. Since we're not from the area it wasn't easy for us to find these places. We decided to call around and nobody had them. Grrr...so frustrating!!!
Diana, I would expect your hubby to do the lighting here. That is alot to ask. BUT....maybe...I could bring a lamp for him to fix when we have our little get together? I actually have 2 but will burden him with only one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 07:11 PM   #210  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

And speaking of get togethers...can someone remind me of the dates again???

I think we said Oct. 28th in the evening and the last weekend in Nov. at Diana's?

If we are meeting on Oct. 28th, did we pick a place yet???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #211  
Mad Swapper

Hey girlies! Ina and I had our road trip today. Not many nesties left, neither of us got the sets that we wanted, but we did find some good deals nonetheless. Lots of good giggles, fun times and only a couple of insane drivers trying to kill us! We were saying that we should all try to get together for a US road trip weekend, for shopping and stamping. Ideally, if we could find a place to stay and stamp, and then shop the last day it would be perfect. Thoughts? Christmas is coming up, and staying over would up the limit allowed to be brought back across the border significantly. The Canadian dollar is nice and strong against the US dollar, too.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #212  
Gabfest Goddess

DId you go to Buffalo Stamps?? I love that store!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by MelissaLView Post
Hey girlies! Ina and I had our road trip today. Not many nesties left, neither of us got the sets that we wanted, but we did find some good deals nonetheless. Lots of good giggles, fun times and only a couple of insane drivers trying to kill us! We were saying that we should all try to get together for a US road trip weekend, for shopping and stamping. Ideally, if we could find a place to stay and stamp, and then shop the last day it would be perfect. Thoughts? Christmas is coming up, and staying over would up the limit allowed to be brought back across the border significantly. The Canadian dollar is nice and strong against the US dollar, too.

Janet's Blog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #213  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Diana, I would expect your hubby to do the lighting here. That is alot to ask. BUT....maybe...I could bring a lamp for him to fix when we have our little get together? I actually have 2 but will burden him with only one.
lol...I forgot to ask him about the flourescent lights...I'll ask him for sure tomorrow. I'll ask him about the lamps as well and you can bring them when you come over!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 06:22 PM   #214  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3View Post
And speaking of get togethers...can someone remind me of the dates again???

I think we said Oct. 28th in the evening and the last weekend in Nov. at Diana's?

If we are meeting on Oct. 28th, did we pick a place yet???
I must've missed the post about the 28th but I'm in...not sure where we're going. Thoughts ladies??

Yes, my place on Saturday, November 28th. Can't wait to finally craft with you ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 06:24 PM   #215  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I would definately be interested in something like that. It might be a little difficult coordinating around everyone's schedules but we should definately try to work something out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 06:26 PM   #216  
Die Cut Diva

Joann's is having a sale on their Nesties and I'm thinking of ordering some and having it shipped to my cousin's in NJ so she can ship it to me. Anyone want in??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 03:34 AM   #217  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

lol...I forgot to ask him about the flourescent lights...I'll ask him for sure tomorrow. I'll ask him about the lamps as well and you can bring them when you come over!
Wow, thanks! I just noticed my typo ... I said I would when I meant I WOULDN'T. I can't even find the post so I can edit it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 06:26 AM   #218  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Joann's is having a sale on their Nesties and I'm thinking of ordering some and having it shipped to my cousin's in NJ so she can ship it to me. Anyone want in??
Me! I wanted the Lables 8 at the least but HL didn't have them...and I might have other "needs" let me have a lookie and I will message you.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #219  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Me! I wanted the Lables 8 at the least but HL didn't have them...and I might have other "needs" let me have a lookie and I will message you.
Alrighty...let me know as soon as you can. Don't want to miss out on the sale!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #220  
Forum Fanatic

Hi All~
chrystine it was nice to see you today again, even if it was brief! What a great booth you guys had!

I got myself a set of nesties - the fancy labels. I'll peek at the site, but I think I'll be spending tonnes next week when I'm in Vancouver. Obviously if I don't PM you by tonight, don't wait for me! LOL

Packing, Cleaning, Keeping Warm is the story for tonight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 08:45 AM   #221  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Alrighty...let me know as soon as you can. Don't want to miss out on the sale!
Labels 8 for sure. I couldn't find the Joannes site to see the specials, so I have to go by memory...so lets just say that for sure. If you have PayPal I can send you the $ that way. Thanks

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 10:32 AM   #222  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Labels 8 for sure. I couldn't find the Joannes site to see the specials, so I have to go by memory...so lets just say that for sure. If you have PayPal I can send you the $ that way. Thanks
Hi Melissa,

The sale is still going on, I'm assuming till the end of the weekend. Here's the link directly to the Spellbinder products:

http://www.joann.com/joann/search/se...uestid=1573858

I have a code that can be used for free shipping since the nesties are on sale and don't qualify for any additional discounts. I'll ship it to my cuz's and get her to ship to me. I'll give it to you when I see you and you can just give me the $ then if you prefer or you can send it to me via PayPal, up to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 10:46 AM   #223  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Hi Melissa,

The sale is still going on, I'm assuming till the end of the weekend. Here's the link directly to the Spellbinder products:

http://www.joann.com/joann/search/se...uestid=1573858

I have a code that can be used for free shipping since the nesties are on sale and don't qualify for any additional discounts. I'll ship it to my cuz's and get her to ship to me. I'll give it to you when I see you and you can just give me the $ then if you prefer or you can send it to me via PayPal, up to you.
Whoa! You can get a Big Shot for only $69.99 there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 10:56 AM   #224  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Whoa! You can get a Big Shot for only $69.99 there!
Yep...that's where I got mine. And because she lives in Jersey they have ridiculously low tax there...something like 3%, then with the free shipping and because I went there to pick it up it was soooo cheap!! Crazy great deal!!!

Here's another site, the nesties are even cheaper here and they have a wider selection (didn't see the Labels 8 at JoAnn's) AND they ship internationally but will have to see if it works out cheaper that way. Let's put our heads together and see where we can save more.

http://www.ritzcamera.com/webapp/wcs...=nestabilities

If shipping to Canada is a killer at this site, we can still have it shipped to my cousin's and she'll ship to us. I was thinking since the nesties are so slim she could probably put 2-3 pkgs in one legal size envie and ship it for a couple dollars as opposed to the store shipping it for $20+.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 11:05 AM   #225  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Yep...that's where I got mine. And because she lives in Jersey they have ridiculously low tax there...something like 3%, then with the free shipping and because I went there to pick it up it was soooo cheap!! Crazy great deal!!!

Here's another site, the nesties are even cheaper here and they have a wider selection (didn't see the Labels 8 at JoAnn's) AND they ship internationally but will have to see if it works out cheaper that way. Let's put our heads together and see where we can save more.

If shipping to Canada is a killer at this site, we can still have it shipped to my cousin's and she'll ship to us. I was thinking since the nesties are so slim she could probably put 2-3 pkgs in one legal size envie and ship it for a couple dollars as opposed to the store shipping it for $20+.
I can't get it right now but if I could I would ask my mom to pick it up for me. She lives by the boarder to Michigan and goes shopping in USA at least once a week. ..... hmmmm..... maybe I should ask her to get it and then she could bring it to me next time she comes to visit, then I wouldn't have to pay her until she is here. Is this how the drug crazed plot how to get their fix?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #226  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I can't get it right now but if I could I would ask my mom to pick it up for me. She lives by the boarder to Michigan and goes shopping in USA at least once a week. ..... hmmmm..... maybe I should ask her to get it and then she could bring it to me next time she comes to visit, then I wouldn't have to pay her until she is here. Is this how the drug crazed plot how to get their fix?
It is....this "hobby" is truly an addiction in disguise!!!

Ok...I think I figured it out Melissa (and anyone else who wants in). It all depends on how much we order. If we're not ordering a lot then JoAnn's is cheaper (but it doesn't look like they have the one you want). But if we order about $100 worth then the second place might work out better since they'll ship it directly to us for about $18 and duty/tax is only about $8. Dilemnas, dilemnas....decisions, decisions..... At times like these I wish I lived in the States!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #227  
Mad Swapper

Well if you were not going for a lot I would settle for the curved rectangles from Joannes and get the Lables 8 another time. The prices at Ritz are really good, too though...nd I just spent $45 at Cornish Heritage Farms... (darn what's new emails). LMK what you decide. Sheila also has lots of nesties and I expect her "make it your way" sale or whatever it's called is going to be on soon too. We could pool our resources and order from her to make the minimum spend if we didn't need the stuff right away.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 06:40 PM   #228  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I have an alternative idea.........I am going to Texas from Oct 28 until Nov. 3. They could be shipped to my son, and I could bring them back.....no postage at all! That is, if y'all can wait that long.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 09:05 PM   #229  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I have an alternative idea.........I am going to Texas from Oct 28 until Nov. 3. They could be shipped to my son, and I could bring them back.....no postage at all! That is, if y'all can wait that long.
ooohhh...ok, it's settled then. Thanks Ina!!! Now the decision will just have to be where we order them from. I think there are 3 or 4 sets that I want , plus Melissa's one (possibly 2), Ina did you want any? Anyone else?? If we order over $100 from Ritz shipping to US addy is free and there is no tax, JoAnn has a free shipping code but we'll still have to pay tax and the prices are a little higher and there's less of a selection. Shipping takes about 8-15 business days so we'll have to order soon for it to arrive before you leave.

Ina, did you want me to send you the list of what I want or did you want to send me your son's address? Up to you....

Thanks again!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 04:39 AM   #230  
Stazon Splitcoast

Diana, I also want one set for sure, so we will be well above the $100 mark if we all order. I would probably be inclined to order from Ritz, but that is up to you. Let me know within the next day or so, which sets you want, and I will find out from Melissa too and then order them all. I have had lots of on-line orders go to my son.........never any problems (except that he wonders why I am spending so much money on stamping stuff when I could be spending it on his kids) LOL, just kidding!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 10:34 AM   #231  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Just so you all know...i am a little nutty to...i think i will fit in...maybe its something in the lakes around us??
ME TOOOOO!! ME TOOO!!! St. Catharines here!!

We're neighbours! SMILES!

~ Tiffany ~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #232  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Diana, I also want one set for sure, so we will be well above the $100 mark if we all order. I would probably be inclined to order from Ritz, but that is up to you. Let me know within the next day or so, which sets you want, and I will find out from Melissa too and then order them all. I have had lots of on-line orders go to my son.........never any problems (except that he wonders why I am spending so much money on stamping stuff when I could be spending it on his kids) LOL, just kidding!
I'm leaning towards Ritz as well...ok Ina, I'll have another look and get my list to you later tonight or early tomorrow morning. Thanks again!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 03:12 PM   #233  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiffany831View Post

~ Tiffany ~
Welcome aboard the nutty ship Tiffany!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 04:28 PM   #234  
Gabfest Goddess

Hi neighbour!! we will have to stamp together sometime!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by tiffany831View Post

~ Tiffany ~

Janet's Blog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 04:44 PM   #235  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Ladies,

I was just thinking that since Ina is leaving for her trip on the 28th she most likely will not be able to join us that night. So I was just wondering if the 26th or the 27th will work out better....

And just a recap, who's in this month??? I totally missed this discussion... Tiffany, Janet are you ladies up to meeting us crazies???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 04:58 PM   #236  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Hi neighbour!! we will have to stamp together sometime!!
Me too...I'm in Smithville.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #237  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Hi Ladies,

I was just thinking that since Ina is leaving for her trip on the 28th she most likely will not be able to join us that night. So I was just wondering if the 26th or the 27th will work out better....

And just a recap, who's in this month??? I totally missed this discussion... Tiffany, Janet are you ladies up to meeting us crazies???
What is the day we are doing this? I go on Tuesday 20th for a medical in Toronto then go to be a standby also in Toronto. I don't know which study I'll be in so I don't know what days I'm available.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 05:04 PM   #238  
Gabfest Goddess

I will come up if i can...just give me the details...if i don't work i will be there...maybe Tiffany and i can carpool!
Quote:

Hi Ladies,

Janet's Blog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 06:12 PM   #239  
Die Cut Diva

I think the 26th is a week tomorrow and obviously the 27th is the Tuesday. Let's pick a day and take it from there....I'm good with either. Wednesdays aren't good for me but could work if it's later on in the night.

Janet- it would be awesome if you can make it.

Tiffany- if you can make it, you can drop off your cards for my swap to me.

Ina- does either of those days work for you?

I'm working on my nesties list....there are so many to chose from. So far I'm eyeing Labels 3, 6, and 9 and the Peony one..I also want the Goodbye Static Pad (similar to the Embossing Buddy from SU but half the price). Do any of you ladies have any of these and have any suggestions? I am so indecisive and need some help. My list originally had over $200 worth, I think that's about 15 dies but had to cut it down to 4....Ritz has so much more than any other site I've seen. Gonna take a break and get back to it in a bit...brain is overloaded with nesties...lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 06:52 PM   #240  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Hi Ladies,

It would for me, I think I have my final exam for my class that night so wouldn't be able to come on the 28.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes