Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #2281  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Morning!

Janet- I'm going to live vicariously through you since it sounds as though you have some fun stories to tell!

Michelle- anything yet?

Ok ladies, gonna keep this short since I've gotta run...got a friend coming over to stamp and then her family's gonna join us later for dinner. Gotta finish prepping dinner so it doesn't cut into our crafting time.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 07:47 AM   #2282  
Die Cut Diva

Sorry I just rolled out of bed. I'm still not sleeping...got up at 4 and couldn't get back to sleep until the sun started coming up...I'll check it in a bit...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boysView Post
Good Morning!

Janet- I'm going to live vicariously through you since it sounds as though you have some fun stories to tell!

Michelle- anything yet?

Ok ladies, gonna keep this short since I've gotta run...got a friend coming over to stamp and then her family's gonna join us later for dinner. Gotta finish prepping dinner so it doesn't cut into our crafting time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 09:07 AM   #2283  
Polyshrink Goddess

Good Mornin' (actually afternoon) everyone!
It's too cold out today! Mr. BoJangles couldn't do his business fast enough for me!
I'm planning to play with my Bind it All today.....ohhhh, what to make, what to make?? Suggestions??

http://www.treasured-crafts.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 10:01 AM   #2284  
Die Cut Diva

I have one and barely use...I should start using or.......have Bind-it all swap soon.....?

I don't think the rest of the girls have one though...I can get them for Cheap ladies...lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 10:29 AM   #2285  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2busyscrappinView Post
I have one and barely use...I should start using or.......have Bind-it all swap soon.....?

I don't think the rest of the girls have one though...I can get them for Cheap ladies...lol
That is a brill idea! You can be the hostess.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #2286  
Gabfest Goddess

lol ya last night was pretty crazy...my theory is you only live once so have as much fun as possible...work hard, play hard!! lol
Quote:

Good Morning!

Michelle- anything yet?

Janet's Blog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 11:20 AM   #2287  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2busyscrappinView Post

Geeezzzz.....I bought mine at the sale on Thursday! I got it for $69.99 I think...yours any cheaper?
And YEAH...I'd be in for a swap!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 11:45 AM   #2288  
Forum Fanatic

diana - sounds like you have your priorities in order! stamp first, food last! LOL

Suz, do you have any thick cardboard? Like chipboard covers? You can make a small notebook for grocery lists =) Or a small pocket calendar.. I have 2010 maya road calendars (bought 2 in a pack and only used one) if you want =)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #2289  
Die Cut Diva

Of course...stamping over anything! I must say that it all worked out well today. I stayed up until 2:30am last night (this morning) to prep all that I could for today's dinner and then I did the rest this morning before my friend got here. I was up so late because I was out of the house all day yesterday with my mom before I dropped her off in Mississauga, then I had to come home, shower and get ready to go out with my sister for dinner.

I had 2 new dishes on my menu tonight and was a little nervous that the first time I was going to make them was for guests (lol). I made Spinach and Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breast and Crab Stuffed Mushroom Caps...soooo yummmm!

So during my crafting time today I made 70 treat bags for my older boys' class for Valentines Day. SOOOO CUTE!!! I will take pics and post a little later....way too tired to go back downstairs right now....

How was everyone else's day??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 07:45 PM   #2290  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Of course...stamping over anything! I must say that it all worked out well today. I stayed up until 2:30am last night (this morning) to prep all that I could for today's dinner and then I did the rest this morning before my friend got here. I was up so late because I was out of the house all day yesterday with my mom before I dropped her off in Mississauga, then I had to come home, shower and get ready to go out with my sister for dinner.

I had 2 new dishes on my menu tonight and was a little nervous that the first time I was going to make them was for guests (lol). I made Spinach and Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breast and Crab Stuffed Mushroom Caps...soooo yummmm!

So during my crafting time today I made 70 treat bags for my older boys' class for Valentines Day. SOOOO CUTE!!! I will take pics and post a little later....way too tired to go back downstairs right now....

Yummm, sounds like you had a great dinner!
But more importantly you accomplished a lot of treat bags! 70!!!
Looking forward to seeing the pics!
My day was OK.....except when I went to Shoppers for my new inhaler and Mr. BoJangles ran out of the car into the really busy parking lot....I could have killed him when I finally caught him!! (and of course that triggered another asthma attack...uggg, so glad I had my blue puffer with me!)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 07:48 PM   #2291  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkarenView Post
diana - sounds like you have your priorities in order! stamp first, food last! LOL

Suz, do you have any thick cardboard? Like chipboard covers? You can make a small notebook for grocery lists =) Or a small pocket calendar.. I have 2010 maya road calendars (bought 2 in a pack and only used one) if you want =)
Arn't you a doll?!! Thanks for the offer of your second calendar, but I found lots to bind today anyway, not thtat I got to 1/2 of what I wanted to do! LOL Busy, Busy....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 09:24 PM   #2292  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by queensuzanneView Post
Yummm, sounds like you had a great dinner!
But more importantly you accomplished a lot of treat bags! 70!!!
Looking forward to seeing the pics!
My day was OK.....except when I went to Shoppers for my new inhaler and Mr. BoJangles ran out of the car into the really busy parking lot....I could have killed him when I finally caught him!! (and of course that triggered another asthma attack...uggg, so glad I had my blue puffer with me!)
OH NO!!! I hope that you're ok Suzanne! Thankfully you had your puffer with you!

I did have an amazingly productive day and an totally ymmuy dinner that I am proud to admit that I made all on my own! woohoo!! lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #2293  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by corrosive69View Post
morning...wow what a night...sometimes i think i am getting to old for this! lol have a great saturday ladies!
hugs
I can't stand it when you ladies who are only HALF my age say you are too old for certain activities! Shame on you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 09:33 PM   #2294  
Stazon Splitcoast

Diana, your dinner sounds absolutely scrumptious! Crab stuffed mushroom caps! To die for! Now, I'm hungry! I'm working all night, but I'm working with Melissa and we both brought stamps! Yahoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #2295  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks Ina! It was yummy...I'm trying to be a little more adventurous with our meals now. I was finding that we were eating the same things and I was preparing things the same way so google has been my best friend.

How's Melissa doing? Haven't seen her on here for a while...please give her my hugs and well wishes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 09:39 PM   #2296  
Stazon Splitcoast

Melissa's doing well. She reads this thread once in awhile, but is pretty busy, with work, kids, dog, school and husband, so doesn't have much time for chit chat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 09:52 PM   #2297  
Die Cut Diva

I'm glad to hear that Melissa's doing well!

Ladies, just to throw it out there....Winterlicious is going on right now until Feb. 11th. The restaurant that I went to with my sister last night is one of the restaurants participating. The food was AWESOME!!! Anyone wanna do dinner next week?? Here's the link:

http://www.lindarestaurant.com/

For those that don't know what winterlicious is, it's a time where selected restaurants offer a 3 course meal for a pre-fixed price. So we got an appie, entree, and dessert for $25 +tax and tip...prices vary depending on the restaurant.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 04:17 AM   #2298  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Any leftovers? If there are, then I 'm on my way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 04:21 AM   #2299  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I'm glad to hear that Melissa's doing well!

Ladies, just to throw it out there....Winterlicious is going on right now until Feb. 11th. The restaurant that I went to with my sister last night is one of the restaurants participating. The food was AWESOME!!! Anyone wanna do dinner next week?? Here's the link:

http://www.lindarestaurant.com/

For those that don't know what winterlicious is, it's a time where selected restaurants offer a 3 course meal for a pre-fixed price. So we got an appie, entree, and dessert for $25 +tax and tip...prices vary depending on the restaurant.
That sounds divine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 07:22 AM   #2300  
Gabfest Goddess

LOL all my friends are younger than me so we always joke about me not being able to keep up lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46View Post
I can't stand it when you ladies who are only HALF my age say you are too old for certain activities! Shame on you!

Janet's Blog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 07:25 AM   #2301  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmalarykView Post
Any leftovers? If there are, then I 'm on my way.
C'mon over!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 07:26 AM   #2302  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmalarykView Post
That sounds divine!
It is! Even though I just had it on Friday, I'd totally have it again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 07:59 AM   #2303  
Forum Fanatic

Diana, that dinner sounds great!
I'd love your recipe for the mushrooms!

Where do you buy decent seafood? I refuse to get it at the discount grocery, and the fish dept. at the loblaws here smells... fishy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 08:00 AM   #2304  
Forum Fanatic

Suzanne, I hope you get that asthma under control soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 08:09 AM   #2305  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Diana, that dinner sounds great!
I'd love your recipe for the mushrooms!

Where do you buy decent seafood? I refuse to get it at the discount grocery, and the fish dept. at the loblaws here smells... fishy!
We get our seafood from Seafood Depot, it's in Vaughan at Weston Rd and Steeles area. That's where my BIL (the chef) gets all his seafood so we figured it must be good. It's kinda like a butcher shop for seafood.

http://www.seafooddepot.ca/

Mushroom Recipe

Ingredients
3/4 cup melted butter, divided
1 pound fresh mushrooms, stems removed
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
12-15 oz crabmeat, drained
3 tablespoons minced garlic
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)

Directions
1.Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Brush a large baking sheet with about 1/4 cup of melted butter. Arrange mushroom caps in a single layer over the baking sheet.
2.In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, remaining 1/2 cup butter, shredded cheese, crabmeat, and garlic. Spoon into mushroom caps where the stems used to be.
3.Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned on the top. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired, and serve hot!

So easy but so yummy!

Tip: Let the mushrooms sit out as long as possible before you cook them so that they can dry out since they tend to get watery when cooked.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 08:39 AM   #2306  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Diana, that recipe sounds way yum!!!

Karen, Highland Farms had a small but good seafood selection.

Hi to everyone else from remodelling hell! We're almost done the last of the touch ups and then I can start getting this freaking condo back in order. I can't tell you how nuts this is making me! ARGH!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 09:14 AM   #2307  
Forum Fanatic

Thanks for the recipe!

I know how u feel chritsyne, we've done renos in varying stages over the past year and half. I didn't have a kitchen for over 4 months!!

Where/what is highland farms?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 09:15 AM   #2308  
Mad Swapper

Hi there! I hope you are all having a great Sunday, Bob and I are taking it easy, I am slowly getting better and it's just nice to spend some time lounging about together!

It was a bit cold yesterday...jikes! I was like blob walking around in all my layers!

Have a great day everyone!

xxx

Oh forgot, I have an interview with week!!!!!!!!!!1
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 09:17 AM   #2309  
Gabfest Goddess

i hope everyone has a great day...i have to go to work and count inventory...ugh...i hate the end of the month!

hugs!

Janet's Blog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 10:00 AM   #2310  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Suzanne, I hope you get that asthma under control soon!
Thanks Karen....me too !

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 01:18 PM   #2311  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jukieView Post
Hi there! I hope you are all having a great Sunday, Bob and I are taking it easy, I am slowly getting better and it's just nice to spend some time lounging about together!

It was a bit cold yesterday...jikes! I was like blob walking around in all my layers!

xxx

OOH - is it anything to do with the telephone interview you had?
Nontheless! GOOD LUCK!

I know what you mean about getting better, i'm still sniffling and mucus-ey... its taking its time going away!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 01:39 PM   #2312  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Good luck with your interview Eilis!!! Keep us posted!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 02:02 PM   #2313  
Gabfest Goddess

Good luck with your interview!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by jukieView Post

xxx

Janet's Blog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 02:13 PM   #2314  
Polyshrink Goddess

Good luck with the interview! Sounds like everyone had a good day!

I've just been loafting all day! Crafting off and on...couple of short naps. My BF is supposed to be coming over this evening since my birthday is tomorrow....he wanted to go to N. Falls for the night tomorrow, but I have to work Tuesday and I've been sick...so we thought it would be better to go when I'm better. It'll be more fun for sure!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 02:15 PM   #2315  
Gabfest Goddess

Oh you will have to let me know when you come to NF If you head to NOTL stop by and see me at McDonalds
hugs
Quote:

Originally Posted by queensuzanneView Post
Good luck with the interview! Sounds like everyone had a good day!

I've just been loafting all day! Crafting off and on...couple of short naps. My BF is supposed to be coming over this evening since my birthday is tomorrow....he wanted to go to N. Falls for the night tomorrow, but I have to work Tuesday and I've been sick...so we thought it would be better to go when I'm better. It'll be more fun for sure!

Janet's Blog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 02:15 PM   #2316  
Forum Fanatic

Well Happy Birthday Suzanne! I hope he treats you good for your special day!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 02:25 PM   #2317  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Well Happy Birthday Suzanne! I hope he treats you good for your special day!!
He'd better! He's been in the dog house for a couple of weeks and has a lot of making up to do before I "let" him out! LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 02:26 PM   #2318  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by corrosive69View Post
Oh you will have to let me know when you come to NF If you head to NOTL stop by and see me at McDonalds
hugs
I'll do that, but it probably won't be for another week or 2....when I'm 100% again!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 02:55 PM   #2319  
Die Cut Diva

Good luck with the interview Eilis! (((sending good employment vibes your way)))

Happy Early Birthday Suzanne!!! Have a great time with BF. Hopefully you feel better soon so that he can make it up to you. I hear doghouses are truly uncomfortable places to be! On second thought, maybe you should keep him in there a little longer so he learns his lesson!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 03:10 PM   #2320  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Good luck with the interview Eilis! (((sending good employment vibes your way)))

Happy Early Birthday Suzanne!!! Have a great time with BF. Hopefully you feel better soon so that he can make it up to you. I hear doghouses are truly uncomfortable places to be! On second thought, maybe you should keep him in there a little longer so he learns his lesson!
Thanks Diana....I can tell you that if he doesn't learn his lesson really quick he'll be flying solo!! LOL

Reply With Quote Likes