Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-05-2010, 04:34 PM   #1601  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best of luck to you both Karen and Rebecca!

Oh...Rebecca, we have a RAK list going for the Southern Ontario girls if you'd like to join in!

Just email at [email protected] with your full name, SCS name, snail mail addy and any other pertinent information you'd like to share and we'll get you added to the list if you'd like to join us! If not, no pressure!

Teresa, any other suggestions???? Or maybe we could all do a little more exercise that day? On the Wii Fit Plus there is an "I overindulged" mini work out - LOL!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #1602  
Pearl-ExPert

Maybe we should go back to the sushi idea but not partake in the buffet. They do have a la carte.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #1603  
Pearl-ExPert

Sprouts restaurant?....Sounds good but only open until 9pm....Searching the internet for healthy restaurants in Mississauga.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2010, 05:25 PM   #1604  
Pearl-ExPert

Alioli Restaurant.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2010, 05:25 PM   #1605  
Die Cut Diva

Ooohhhhh...Teresa I LOVE you!!! You're going to keep us on track!!! Good for you, cuz leave it to me and I'd have to work twice as hard to make up for one night out! Sushi sounds good to me...if we do a party boat of assorted rolls or a combo of some sort it won't be too expensive either.

Teresa, I'm going to leave this is your hands to decide! You seem to be on track, checking Jack's calorie count and everything, I would've never thought to do that!

Rebecca and Karen, I hope all works out for the two of you this year employment-wise. In a few years when the babies are in school, I'll be on the hunt too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #1606  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmalarykView Post
Alioli Restaurant.
I took a look at Alioli's menu and it seems a little on the expensive side especially since we're just looking to get some appies and chat. Unless I'm looking at the wrong place, it doesn't look like a place we can get loud and obnoxious!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2010, 05:37 PM   #1607  
Pearl-ExPert

So, Maki Maki... your original idea...
Most of Jack Astor's food had more than a days worth of calories in them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2010, 08:28 PM   #1608  
Die Cut Diva

Really??? OMG...I didn't know it was that bad! If everyone is ok with Japanese then I'm good too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #1609  
Matboard Maniac

Have any of you gone to Buffalo Stamps 'n Stuff?

DT Member for Creative Clear Stamps and Dz Doodles
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 03:17 AM   #1610  
Pearl-ExPert

I've never gone to Stamps 'n Stuff but now I wanna!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 04:26 AM   #1611  

Alioli is pretty pricey...what about Appleby's they have some "weight watchers" selections...at least they did last time I was there (about a year ago).

I've been to Buffalo Stamps and Stuff...only once though.

Good morning everyone else!

How was yesterday? I did manage to get all my water in, but only did 1/2 hour on the Wii Fit. I worked with my upline and then it took me 3 times as long as it normally does to get home because of the snow - UGH!!! By the time I got home, I was completely exhausted, but I decided to do some yoga so I wouldn't feel like a total sloth. Went to bed early and slept like a LOG!!!

On today's agenda is volunteering at Jonathan's school for a couple of hours, 1/2 hour Wii Fit after I get home, bake some banana bread, bake some regular bread and make a birthday card for my boys' godfather...oh and make dinner too!

What's everybody else got on tap for today?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 04:36 AM   #1612  
Pearl-ExPert

Applebee's grilled shrimp and spinach salad 273 calories. I could be down for that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 04:38 AM   #1613  

Quote:

Applebee's grilled shrimp and spinach salad 273 calories. I could be down for that.
Mmmmm...sounds yummy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 06:56 AM   #1614  
Pearl-ExPert

When you make a plan, anticipate bumps. Before even trying to achieve a goal, target potential pitfalls and troubleshoot them. Peter Gollwitzer, a professor of psychology at New York University, in New York City, says that people who plan for obstacles are more likely to stick with projects than those who don’t. In a 2009 study published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine, Gollwitzer compared two groups of women who wanted to be more active. Both groups were given information on leading healthy lifestyles. But the second was also taught how to foresee obstacles (example: “The weather forecast is bad, but I’m planning to go for a jog”) and work around them using if-then statements (“If it rains, then I’ll go to the gym and use the treadmill rather than skip exercising altogether”). No surprise, those in the second group fared better. Michelle Tillis Lederman of New York City practiced this strategy when she was writing a book last year. She installed blinds on her home-office door to minimize disruptions and hired an editor to give feedback on each chapter so she wouldn’t get stuck along the way. She also established rules, like checking e-mails only after she had written for two hours. “It was easier to follow this plan,” says Lederman, “than to wrestle with every distraction in the moment.” Her book, The 11 Laws of Likability (American Management Association), will be published later this year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 07:37 AM   #1615  
Mad Swapper

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I haven't been about, we spent some days with OH's sister and husband for New Year and we had a great time!

I want to thank you all for all your cards they were beautiful and I wanted to say.....watch this space, the postperson should be calling in the next week

I put batteries in my stationary bike...does that count as making an effort? I am struggling as I am not working and am home alone everyday...but I am resolved to making a start!

Hope everyone is doing ok!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 07:52 AM   #1616  
Gabfest Goddess

buffalo stamps is close to me maybe a road trip ladies??? then stamping at my house in the spring when the weather is a little nicer??

Janet's Blog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 09:03 AM   #1617  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Ladies...hope everyone's day is going better than mine right now. I woke up with a killer headache that just won't go away. I really wanted to go to Michaels and see if they have the coordinating corner punch for the Martha Stewart Loops punch that I got the other day (for $7.49, woohoo) and my SIL wanted me to go to Best Buy to pick up the Wii for her since they are sold out everywhere but happen to have a few here, but I just can't move with this headache. Just thinking about packing up the babies and taking them out only makes it worse..lol...so DH is going to go to Best Buy after work and hopefully they'll still have it and Michaels is just going to have to wait.

Rebecca, I've never been to Stamps and Stuff but I'm up for the roadtrip that Janet suggested. Gonna go peek at their website after.

As for our get together, so I think that it's settled then? Applebee's? A raise of hands of those coming please!

Jukie, your New Year sounds wonderful! We celebrated our DS's 1st birthday on New Year's Eve just because it was such a busy time of year, so we figured instead of getting everyone together on the 28th we'll just do it on the 31st since everyone gets together then anyway. So we went out to dinner and everyone came back to our house and waited for the clock to strike midnight...did our hugs and kisses and HAPPY NEW YEAR cheer....it was really nice.

Janet, that sounds like an awesome idea! I'd totally be in for that, but I agree, when the weather gets nicer. And why stop at just one store, since we're over the border might as well get in a few other craft stores too! Then back to your place to play with our new goodies!! Woohoo!!!

Christyne, with this headache, I have absolutely nothing on tap. Dinner is planned and thawing right now and that's about it. Maybe I'll take a nap when the babies do, hopefully that'll help. Grrrr...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #1618  
Die Cut Diva

I just had a thought....since most of us are home during the week now for various reasons, I was thinking that maybe we can do lunch or something at someone's house. I know that some of you are on fixed and/or limited income therefore dinner out is not feasible at this point, but that shouldn't stop us from getting together. If you're up for the drive, we can do a pot luck lunch sort of thing at my place. Or we can just get together here for coffee/tea and munchies...chat....maybe stamp...Thoughts???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 10:07 AM   #1619  

I'm in for Appleby's! I'm in for Diana's brunch idea! We can each bring a little something.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are out for me for daytime...

Diana, drink some water. Maybe a little hydration will help the headache...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #1620  
Forum Fanatic

LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #1621  
Die Cut Diva

Just got up from my nap and boy was that a mistake...made it way worse!!! Off to drink some water as you suggested Christyne and if that doesn't help then gonna pop some pills. I hate pills since I think I'm superwoman and my body should be able to fend for itself (lol, I'm crazy I know but I have this complex about weakening my immune system with foreign chemicals), but drastic times calls for drastic measures.

Then I'll be back to write something of substance.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 11:56 AM   #1622  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Yahoo! Road trip to Buffalo Stamps and Stuff! It's not too far from Hobby Lobby either!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 12:07 PM   #1623  
Forum Fanatic

sheesh, I totally missed the whole second page of posts which is probably why my lone "LOL" seems out of place! LOL

I've never heard of buffalo stamps.... never been to hobby lobby either! the US has so much more cool stuff!!

Diana sorry to hear your headache is so bad. I totally know what you mean about pills, I am against them too. I don't even take advil with a hangover! But i think its more of a phobia than anything. I'm trying to get over that and at least take some vitamins since I don't drink enough milk, and don't eat enough fruit.

I'm good with any location for yummies, i just need directions closer to the time.
Brunch / Lunch sounds good, I was just thinking about that today actually. I'm in. Wed and alternate thursdays may not work for me in case i am on pick up duty. I can offer up my place aswell - since I'm in between everyone. Or head up to Bradford.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #1624  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by corrosive69View Post
buffalo stamps is close to me maybe a road trip ladies??? then stamping at my house in the spring when the weather is a little nicer??
Ooooo, that sounds like a good idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 01:54 PM   #1625  
Pearl-ExPert

Diana, hope you are feeling better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #1626  
Pearl-ExPert

Channel the little engine that could―really.
A person’s drive is often based on what she believes about her abilities, not on how objectively talented she is, according to research by Albert Bandura, a professor of psychology at Stanford University. His work has shown that people who have perceived self-efficacy (that is, the belief that they can accomplish what they set out to do) perform better than those who don’t. That self-belief is what helped Ingrid Daniels of Newark, New Jersey, leave a stable corporate job to develop a T-shirt line after the birth of her first child. “It never occurred to me I could fail, even though I had no experience,” she says. Today Daniels runs two successful small businesses (the T-shirt company and a line of stationery), which allows her to stay at home with her three children.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 02:27 PM   #1627  
Forum Fanatic

i was walking around the LSS today and was thinking what i would do if I owned the store... what i'd change and how cool it would be to have my own store.... unfortunately I don't have what Daniels had.. the "it never occured to me I might fail" part... lol I'm afraid of failure, and on top of that, I don't have the captial. If i wont the lottery, I'd do it for sure.. I just don't want to spend the rest of my life paying back a loan if it failed....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #1628  

I'm ready to fall over...this day has not gone anywhere near like what I planned...I spent WAY more time than I thought I would at Jonathan's school and it totally threw off my whole day - UGH! I ended up paying $18 for "convenience" food (chicken combo thing at Loblaws) and that totally frustrated me. I HATE having to do stuff like that - ACK!!!!

I didn't get any Wii Fit time and I'm at the point where I'm way too tired to care...BLECH!

It's only 8:10, but I'm ready for bed...hopefully tomorrow will be a MUCH better day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 04:23 PM   #1629  
Forum Fanatic

i am zonked aswell, but Im going to do my altoid tins now and hope to stay awake. I'll be in bed early fo shizzle....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 05:38 PM   #1630  
Die Cut Diva

I caved and popped 2 extra strength Tylenols...headache has dulled but I can feel it lurking in the corner waiting for the effects of the drugs to wear off....

Thanks for the well wishes ladies..I agree with you Christyne, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Karen, that makes so much sense now. I was wondering why you were laughing at my headache. If I wasn't in so much pain then I would've let you have it, you're so lucky you explained yourself in time!

If it's ok with you ladies, I'd prefer brunch to be at my place this time since I have the babies and my older kids get home from school at 3:30 so if I drop off the babies I'd have to leave wherever I am at 2-2:30 to make it home in time, and with the weather being so bleh, I hate to be driving with the kiddies. Hopefully we'll do this more than once so Karen can host the next one???

Christyne, did you want to make the reservations at Applebee's? Did we decide on a time yet? 7pm works for me if everyone's ok with that....

Time to work on my tins....check in later!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #1631  
Forum Fanatic

no problem with me... I don't have any ankle biters.. hehe

hope your head stops aching too!

I just finished my tins... and I have to say.. i don't think i enjoyed making them! LOL. Maybe its cuz I'm so tired... lol but I don't know that I'd do these often=P I made 5 and thought i was one short so I checked the thread and realized its 4 + 1 (I thought I had misplaced the 6th tin) and breathed a sigh of relief.. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 06:13 PM   #1632  
Die Cut Diva

half an hour later and I'm still sitting at my laptop. arghhh...can't seem to get motivated to do much today...ok....here I go....I hope I have more fun making them then you did Karen....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 06:50 PM   #1633  
Forum Fanatic

hehe.. I'm sure you will... I'm just zonked but i needed to acomplish something other than spending money today... lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #1634  
Pearl-ExPert

That's thing about tomorrow...you get a chance to start again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #1635  
Pearl-ExPert

Don't let your goals run wild...
When your sights are too ambitious, they can backfire, burn you out, and actually become demotivating, says Lisa Ordóñez, a professor of management and organizations at the Eller College of Management, at the University of Arizona, in Tucson. Instead of aiming unrealistically high (such as trying to save enough money for a down payment on a home in six months), set goals that are a stretch but not an overreach (come up with a doable savings plan for your budget).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2010, 03:33 AM   #1636  
Gabfest Goddess

morning ladies I thought about you all yesterday when i drove past all of you!! ha ha My friend had an emergancy and needed a ride to Barrie! It was an interesting adventure
Back at work today...its pretty boring now a days...i miss the busy times sigh....

hope you all have a wonderful day!
hugs

Janet's Blog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2010, 03:41 AM   #1637  
Pearl-ExPert

Janet, I hope everything worked out ok.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2010, 04:18 AM   #1638  

Good morning everyone! Today is already shaping up to be a better day!

I went to bed at 9:30 and got almost 10 hours of sleep - WOOT!!!!

This morning I have made the breakfast, got the boys' lunches ready and got dinner in the crockpot. Now I'm off to shower, clean the bathroom, drive littlest man to school and go to work with my upline!

Yep! Today is already a good day!

Hope everyone has a great day too - drink your water!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2010, 04:39 AM   #1639  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Ooooh I like Applebee's!

Good Morning all...Hope everyone is healthy this morning....I'm tired...I tossed and turned but it's because I have things that need to get done and I think about it all night....bad habit...I must say though...I've been taking the Vit B complex...100 and it does help..not noticable at first...but it helps...I mean not getting proper rest is one of my problems to begin with so maybe the effects wouldn't be that notiable until I actually get sleep.

Well Starting the gym on Friday. I was starting this past monday but I ended up not feeling too hot...feeling much better though besides being sleepy...

So are we still on for Jan 25...? I was wondering if I could bring a friend with me...she is an avid stamper, she's not a regular member of Splitcoast but she's awesome...is she welcome to come..?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2010, 05:17 AM   #1640  
Forum Fanatic

i vote yes!
Reply With Quote Likes