Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-23-2009, 03:58 AM   #1321  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Didn't get on-line yesterday, so I'm catching up today. Yes, Diana, I got your card yesterday and it is gorgeous! Thanks so much. Also thanks to Christyne for your two beautiful cards......man, you sure are organized to get so much accomplished. Thanks also to Janet for your beautiful card.
As you will notice, I didn't get any cards out this year either. Now, there is a Dutch tradition to send New Year's cards, so if I'm really motivated, who knows? Too much to do and too little energy.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 05:51 AM   #1322  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good morning everyone!

Diana, I hope your honey surprises you with something awesome. Everyone should have something to open on Christmas morning, even if it's just a gift card.

Teresa, hope today is a good mail day!

Janet, not all men are idiots...my DH still manages to get it right with no list and we've been married 18 years.

Ina, I saw the Calgary torch too. AMAZING! This year DD got to see the torch up close and personal as it stopped in Sick Kids.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 05:56 AM   #1323  
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning all!!! I have to get caught up with the post in the couple of days. Thanks to all who I recieved cards from Everyone will probably get mine a little late...the drama never ends in my house so it tends to delay everything I set out to do...

I'm not excited in the least this year about Christmas but I hope everyone has a Merrier one than the last
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 05:59 AM   #1324  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boysView Post
lol...men are so predictive so IF your bf has something nice for you under the tree this year he deserves a medal! There are 21 gifts under our tree this year (not including the ones for nieces and nephews, grandparents, aunts and uncles) so basically just for the 6 of us. Guess how many are for me....yep, you got it...0. Unless DH is hiding it somewhere, I think he might be serious about my craft room being my gift. Mind you, it's not a bad gift, but I'd still like something wrapped under the tree to open on Christmas Day with everyone. Last year, I had to give him a list of what I wanted and what stores to get it at. Luckily I didn't have to draw him a map of the mall...lol. Oh well...he thinks that Christmas gifts are for the kids, and he's right, but it still sucks not to get anything.
Mine always decides to shop Xmas eve...an I guess I should get over it but I feel there is no thought into my gift...IF I get one...when he shops last minute. How hard is a gift card from Michael's...LOL...that's all I want..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 06:01 AM   #1325  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Hey Ladies,

I was thinking that after the holiday rush is over, we should all get together since we didn't get a chance to this month. I know that noone wants to think about planning anything past next week (if we all survive the turkey dinners and such without exploding! lol). For those that are up to looking at a 2010 calendar, I was thinking the week of the 25th. We can do dinner out on a weeknight or we can do it at my place on a weekend again.

Thoughts??
I'm in!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 06:02 AM   #1326  
Die Cut Diva

Oh guess that's not a thoughts...lol...Ummm....your place...lol...sounds wonderful *BIG GRIN*

Dinner out might be out for me seeing I'm on a fixd income and I'll have no money until literally feb.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 06:20 AM   #1327  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2busyscrappinView Post
Oh guess that's not a thoughts...lol...Ummm....your place...lol...sounds wonderful *BIG GRIN*

Dinner out might be out for me seeing I'm on a fixd income and I'll have no money until literally feb.
that is a good point - I'm on a limited budget too since after Jan 24th I will have NO income.. lol But I can still do appys and a tea....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 06:42 AM   #1328  
Gabfest Goddess

Awwwwww that is good to know My "not-boyfriend" is pretty cool so far...he told me he bought me a christmas present..weird since we aren't together...so that must be a good sign???

Happy HOlidays everyone...things will be nuts the next few days..i may not be around!!

hugs
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3View Post
Good morning everyone!

Diana, I hope your honey surprises you with something awesome. Everyone should have something to open on Christmas morning, even if it's just a gift card.

Teresa, hope today is a good mail day!

Janet, not all men are idiots...my DH still manages to get it right with no list and we've been married 18 years.
Ina, I saw the Calgary torch too. AMAZING! This year DD got to see the torch up close and personal as it stopped in Sick Kids.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Janet's Blog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 10:41 AM   #1329  
Stazon Splitcoast

Regarding a get together. I'll be back to work then and not available that week, unless it is Monday or Tuesday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 03:40 PM   #1330  

Thanks going to Karen, Janet and Michelle for the absolutely stunning cards I found in my mailbox today!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 06:54 PM   #1331  
Forum Fanatic

one more sleep till xmas eve, then another blink till christmas!

I ran over to Sherway today and got my last gift. I ran into Holts looking for something and then realized there isn't much in that Holts at all! Its really small!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 07:01 PM   #1332  
Die Cut Diva

lol...the holts at sherway sucks, I think the one at yorkdale is the best but the salespeople are very snooty there (unless they're the one getting your commission) I remember I went there with DH one time after work (he's in construction so his work clothes are very drab) and noone would look at us let alone help us. That is of course until we started touching things. Then they were eyeing us as if we were going to steal it. lol...people who judge others by their appearance definately need to reevaluate themselves.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #1333  
Die Cut Diva

I ran out to run a few last minute errands today and just HAPPENED to go into Michaels...lol! AND GUESS WHAT I FOUND???? They carry the I-top Brad Maker that I've been contemplating getting online. Woohoo!!! It's $49.99 but with the 50% coupon that's valid today and tomorrow, it'll only be $24.99! Stupid me didn't print one out today (should've known to print one just in case). Oh well...looks like we're just going to have to make a stop there before heading to the inlaws for dinner. If nothing else, I can wrap that and put it under the tree for myself. It'll be from "Santa"...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #1334  
Forum Fanatic

I know what you mean..... I don't dress up when i go do things like run out to grab something.. so today I was in slacks, an ugly sweatshirt and runners, no makeup and hair haphazard in a ponytail..... I ran in , walked in circles and realized the store really WAS that small.... noone paid any attn. to me.

I went into F Carriere - 50% off sale how can i resist? Noone even said anything to me in my bummy clothes. Even when i touched things.. and let me tell you, the majority of my suits come from F Carrier and Atelier.. I probably have 3 or 4 in my closet. Thier blouses fit me really well too and at over $100 a pop, I like to buy them when they're on sale! But nope, nobody said a word to me as I petted thier clothes..... They see me in my grubby clothes and don't think I have any money... they see me in my $20 slacks and write me off... but nobody of course paid any attention to my Michael Kors handbag... which i spent ALOT of money on and love to pieces and carry everywhere and cost more than my entire outfit today... lol!!

I may not have money, but I have credit! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 07:12 PM   #1335  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I ran out to run a few last minute errands today and just HAPPENED to go into Michaels...lol! AND GUESS WHAT I FOUND???? They carry the I-top Brad Maker that I've been contemplating getting online. Woohoo!!! It's $49.99 but with the 50% coupon that's valid today and tomorrow, it'll only be $24.99! Stupid me didn't print one out today (should've known to print one just in case). Oh well...looks like we're just going to have to make a stop there before heading to the inlaws for dinner. If nothing else, I can wrap that and put it under the tree for myself. It'll be from "Santa"...
I like the way you think! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #1336  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkarenView Post
I know what you mean..... I don't dress up when i go do things like run out to grab something.. so today I was in slacks, an ugly sweatshirt and runners, no makeup and hair haphazard in a ponytail..... I ran in , walked in circles and realized the store really WAS that small.... noone paid any attn. to me.

I went into F Carriere - 50% off sale how can i resist? Noone even said anything to me in my bummy clothes. Even when i touched things.. and let me tell you, the majority of my suits come from F Carrier and Atelier.. I probably have 3 or 4 in my closet. Thier blouses fit me really well too and at over $100 a pop, I like to buy them when they're on sale! But nope, nobody said a word to me as I petted thier clothes..... They see me in my grubby clothes and don't think I have any money... they see me in my $20 slacks and write me off... but nobody of course paid any attention to my Michael Kors handbag... which i spent ALOT of money on and love to pieces and carry everywhere and cost more than my entire outfit today... lol!!

I may not have money, but I have credit! LOL
People are so dumb! I like to run my errands in my lulu lemon or aritzia track suits (and those are NOT cheap) with either a coach swing pack or my gucci bag...no makeup and my hair in a ponytail, and same thing...no one bothers to look at me. I guess they see a young female in loungewear and automatically label me as a bum. But my loungewear are more expensive than my office attire. I joked with my sil that my "bummy" clothes for a weekend can pay for my work outfits (when I was working) for the rest of the week. ahhh...the ignorance of some (makes me chuckle when I leave a store that's commission based at the sale reps that ignored me, especially when I buy something) I mean, c'mon, if they are working at a store, whether it be a high end store or a regular store, they are still working retail and for the most part make their $ in commissions. You'd think they would greet everyone as a potential customer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #1337  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkarenView Post
I like the way you think! LOL
hehe...I want prezzies under the tree too, even if it's self-bought. Although I think DH has something up his sleeve!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 07:33 PM   #1338  
Forum Fanatic

Your DH sounds like he's a good guy I'm sure there is something up his sleeve!

You speak Gucci? I love you even more than when I thought you just spoke stamping... lol j/k.....

I worked in retail for almost 10 years. I spent a few of those years working in a high end retail store where I was a cashier.... there were customers that came in dressed to the nines spending a decent amount of money - but splitting it between credit and debit cards and cash... then you had the windblown looking people come in and drop thier black Amex and spend more than my salary looking like they just woke up.... so you just never know.

Isn't is interesting to see how people spend money though? My bummy clothes are totally bummy.... I spend a bit of money on certain things - and unfortunately, my old job required me to spend more on my wardrobe because I needed to look a certain way. Working for a global company where everyone walked around like those executive ads..... finding something that looked more unique than the assistants, but not as fancy as the managing directors was hard, and costly! When the assistants wore Mexx, I had to shop at Atelier..... =(

and I just love handbags.. i don't buy alot of them, but once I get my eye on one I love, I have to have it... I had my eye on this Michael Kors one when I saw it at Holts. Then when my mom came to visit we went down to the outlets near Niagara Falls in the US and i saw it there and it was cheaper so I went for it. Besides..... it has a charm on it for Michael Kors, the MK in a cirlce... and that's the first initials of me and bf's names too so that was cool too.. hehe

listen to us ramble on about fashion.... LOL! girl talk! I don't get it often!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 07:45 PM   #1339  
Die Cut Diva

I'm sure he does too...he knows how I am though, so that's probably why he hasn't gotten it yet (or if he has it's well hidden). I don't like not knowing, so if it's wrapped and under the tree, I wouldn't be able to resist not peeking at it. And he knows that...lol...I know I'm just awful.

I do indeed speak Gucci....and Burberry....and hopefully one day LV and Fendi (and possibly Prada too)!!! I LOVE handbags. My most recent purchase was a Burberry tote with the matching wallet when I was in NY. Absolutely LOVE it...it's not too big that it's clunky but it's big enough that I can fit the babies stuff as well as mine when I'm running errands so I don't have to carry 2 bags. I am a huge fan of Coach, since it's still "high end" without being as costly. But I've learned that a regular priced Coach purse is almost as much as a discounted Gucci, Burberry, etc... purse. Just gotta know where to shop. LOL....don't you just LOVE the outlets in Niagara??? I went to the MK store in Buffalo and was just blown away by their prices. Unfortunately we stopped there on our way back so I couldn't justify buying another purse since I already bought the Burberry one. Oh well...there's always the next trip across the border!

I like to splurge on my loungewear since if I'm gonna look comfortable, I might as well be fashionable doing it. I know, I'm such a girl! My office attire, luckily, wasn't as limited as yours was. Thank goodness for that, otherwise I would've had to quit since I wouldn't have been able to afford to work..lol. Between handbag and loungewear expenses (and of course stamping) who could afford to work???

My dear, it looks like we have A LOT in common!!! Much to our significant other's dismay, it all involves spending large sums of $$$!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 07:59 PM   #1340  
Forum Fanatic

haha.. no kidding! LOL

mine is in the bedroom right now wrapping mine... i hear the paper and the sound of scotch tape..lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 08:03 PM   #1341  
Die Cut Diva

Men are so funny! Gotta love em...either that or we'd kill them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 08:04 PM   #1342  
Die Cut Diva

Alrighty, it's past midnight...off to bed...

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE EVERYONE!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2009, 08:04 PM   #1343  
Forum Fanatic

nighty!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 03:48 AM   #1344  
Mad Swapper

Thank you ladies for my beautiful cards, they are in pride of place in our sitting room!

I had to laugh when I read about presents, I know that there will be nothing under the tree for me, most years I am lucky if I get a card, I normally get the...i'll get you something later in the year, but that will slip out of his mind and i don't remind him! Don;t think that he is a cheapo, he just doesn't 'think' ....and when I get him presents he looks all sheepish

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 07:21 AM   #1345  

Good morning everyone!

Karen and Diana, you are WAY out of my league with all that expensive handbag talk...I know the names, but can't even imagine what it would be like to own one...unless I happened across it at Value Village (where I have found both Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren pants for $15)

Jukie, I'm glad you're enjoying the cards! I SO like getting hand made cards WAY more than store bought ones. I'm so happy I know such a great group of crafty friends!

Happy Christmas Eve everyone! What are we up to today???

I'm baking bread (the regular variety) and then some banana bread. Later on I'll probably bake some potato rolls for tomorrow night's dinner (and hide them so they don't all get eaten today - LOL!)

I may whip up some more cookies...we're running a little low. Oh! And before bed, I'll be prepping cinnamon buns to go in the fridge and bake up for breakfast tomorrow morning...what time should I expect you all? LOL!!!!

Have a GREAT day everyone! Love and kisses to you all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 07:58 AM   #1346  
Forum Fanatic

happy christmas eve morning!
I love handmade cards too. I notice the store bought ones get uglier every year! I have to make two cards tonight.. or maybe this afternoon before we go for dinner tonight.. i think we go around 4pm.

i have to run to the grocery store AGAIN (this'll be fun) and get some potatoes and maybe someting green for Christmas dinner which is at my house tomorrow (we found out last night bfs parents are coming over). At least his mom is bringing a roast. and I already went to the liquor store to get some beer for his dad. I just need to make the sides.

Other than that, I am goign to try and guess what is under the tree forme.. none of the packages are small enough to be anything shiny..... so....I'll keep dreaming....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 10:28 AM   #1347  

Karen, as long as you have liquor, everything else is gravy - BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Hey you guys, it's snowing, IT'S SNOWING!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 12:26 PM   #1348  
Swapper of the Month - February 2014

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3View Post
Karen, as long as you have liquor, everything else is gravy - BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Hey you guys, it's snowing, IT'S SNOWING!!!!
arghh...send some here!! It is SNNY here,...no white Christmas I'm afraid...*sigh*

btw..how are YOU my dear?? I bet U are in cloud nine and enjoying every single minute with your DD home!~ what a wonderful Christmassssssssssss!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 12:29 PM   #1349  
Swapper of the Month - February 2014

Popping in for a quick but quite heartfelt Christmas cheer!
Still some prezzies need to be wrapped...my 3 cakes rea out of the oven but one got squished quite a bit by the oven door so that will stay home to be enjoyed with coffee from me and hubby)
~*MERRY CHRISTMAS my friends,let's stop and reflect ,even for just a wee minute,what CHRISTmas is really all about!!!
*Peace,Love and Joy to YOU and all your families!!!*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 12:34 PM   #1350  
Pearl-ExPert

Ina, thanks SO MUCH for the motorcycles. I'm going to make my cards tonight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 01:17 PM   #1351  

Thanks for those wonderful wishes Paola! We are truly blessed to have such wonderful friends who think of us from SO many miles away!

It's such a blessing to have our family all home!

Much love and Christmas blessings to each and every one of you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #1352  
Gabfest Goddess

did someone say snow??????? we are suppose to get 15mm of freezing rain! UGH!!!!!!!!!

Janet's Blog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 05:45 PM   #1353  

UGH!!!! I hope the freezing rain doesn't come to pass or Santa will have a heck of a time landing his sleigh! I sure hope it snows!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 09:39 PM   #1354  
Die Cut Diva

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!! Gonna keep this short as we've gotta be up early tomorrow for breakfast at Christyne's!!! (lol) kidding...we actually just got in about 1/2 hour ago, did the whole Santa thing, and went to bed. I tossed and turned for about 10 minutes then realized that I couldn't sleep before I checked in here...lol (addiction, I'd say yes). Neways, gotta be at sil's for lunch tomorrow, so gotta have breakfast (unfortunately no freshly bakes cinnamon buns here), get through the prezzies, get the babies washed and dressed, and out the door by 11am to make it on time for lunch.

Nite all!!! have a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 05:35 AM   #1355  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmalarykView Post
Ina, thanks SO MUCH for the motorcycles. I'm going to make my cards tonight!
You are most welcome, Teresa! Happy card making. And to the rest of you

Wishing you all a very blessed Christmas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 07:31 AM   #1356  
Die Cut Diva

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! MUCH LOVE TO EVERYONE....HUGGS TO ALL YOU LOVELY LADIES!!! YOU ARE ALL WONDERFUL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 07:36 AM   #1357  
Gabfest Goddess

Merry Christmas everyone
hugs

Janet's Blog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #1358  
Die Cut Diva

Now that we're all stuffed from Christmas...anyone gonna brave the malls and stores tomorrow??? Maybe burn off some of the extra calories by fighting the crowds?? I'm definately NOT....I'll deal with a few extra pounds over going to jail (I'll most likely kill someone) any day! LOL....

Hugs and kisses to you all! At this time of reflection, I'd like to thank you all for coming into my life and for the honour of calling you ladies my friends! ***MUAH***
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 06:15 PM   #1359  
Pearl-ExPert

No way I'm going shopping! I'm trying to stay in my house until Tuesday morning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 06:34 PM   #1360  
Die Cut Diva

lol...wish I could say the same. We have one more family dinner tomorrow then I start my diet and hibernation for a few weeks...ok fine, at least a few days...will be nice not to have anything to do for a few days. This week has been CRAZY and next week is not any better!!!

Sunday- MIL's birthday
Monday- ---
Tuesday- nephew's birthday
Wednesday- pil & sil's supposed to come over but cancelled at the last minute so prep was done....
Thursday- in law's for Christmas Eve dinner
Friday (today)- sil's for Christmas lunch
Saturday- my parents' for Christmas dinner
Sunday- kids' skating party with friends
Monday- DS #4 birthday
Tuesday- ---
Wednesday- prep DS#4's birthday/New Year's party
Thursday- DS#4 birthday/New Year's Eve party
Friday- BREATHE!!!!

Hopefully I'll be able to get some stamping done
Reply With Quote Likes