Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   Canada * Southern Ontario Coffee and Sugar Girls! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/canada-%2A-southern-ontario-coffee-sugar-girls-461096/)

Sama 10-03-2009 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 15252975)
Oh Paola! You had me excited that I was going to get to meet you! You should come fly out here for the weekend. We can celebrate our birthdays together! :-D:mrgreen:

I wish! Don't think I'm not tempted...but I believe the cost would be exceedinly expensive...*sigh* If there was a seat sale though...mmm :confused: One can dream....;)

Sama 10-03-2009 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3 (Post 15252306)
Paola, the short version is I have two kids with heart conditions (middle one is heart healthy) and DD (oldest) will be needing open heart surgery.

Next week, when things slow down, I'll give everyone the run down if you don't think it will bore you to tears!

:(I'm so sorry to hear that Christyne!!!
It's bad enough when open heart surgery happens to adults (like my DH)
but to have it done on young ones is heart wrenching....YET it IS a LIFE SAVER....a true miracle, PTL....and kids are so versatile and will bounch back very quickly...
Will be thinking of U and DD~~~~*hugs*

tmalaryk 10-04-2009 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 15261181)
haha...Teresa, where'd you find that???

It's a real show on the Disney channel.

mommyof4boys 10-04-2009 08:19 AM

lol...that's funny! The things they come up with! :-D:mrgreen:

ScrappingMommyof3 10-04-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sama (Post 15261826)
I wish! Don't think I'm not tempted...but I believe the cost would be exceedinly expensive...*sigh* If there was a seat sale though...mmm :confused: One can dream....;)

At least you know you wouldn't have to stay in a hotel!!!

ScrappingMommyof3 10-04-2009 12:52 PM

Hi everyone! This weekend has been INSANE, but SO much fun!!!

I worked with my upline on Friday (all day) and then we hosted the first night of Stampin' Palooza. What a blast!!! Saturday was the all day Palooza event - 185 crazy women stampers - what fun!!!

Today, we just got back from Brampton where the boys (along with some other kids from Sick Kids) had their pictures taken with about 50 Ferrari and Maserati cars - WOW!!!

I am SO pooped!

Tomorrow, DD and I are off to the hospital as she has an appt with her psychologist (she needs to vent about upcoming surgery) and Tuesday working with upline again.

I can't wait to have a day all to myself when I don't have to be ANYWHERE!!!

yellowrose46 10-04-2009 01:05 PM

Christyne, I am praying for a little oasis of peace and quiet for you sometime today. You need to unwind, regroup and re-energize. I don't see how you do all that you do! You are amazing!

stampinkaren 10-04-2009 01:19 PM

morning all ~ I dont' think I've been getting notifications this weekend! hope I didn't miss much!
Happy day to all ~ and the car show sounds like you had fun!

Just spend 4 hours with the agent doing the listing. we should be listed by october the 8th. Cross your fingers!

Bascially all the places we've been looking at have sold within a week ~ so we're taking a little hiatus from showings...

mommyof4boys 10-04-2009 01:37 PM

Wow Christyne! I don't even know how you find enough hours in the day to do all you do! You are truly an inspiration. Hopefully in a few years when the babies aren't babies anymore and not as much work, I'll have as much energy as you. The Stamping Palooza sounds like so much fun! So it's a 3 day event??? When did you say the next one is?? Definately sounds like something that I would LOVE to do!!!

Karen- I'm crossing my fingers for a quick and easy sale for you! I think people are rushing out and buying now that the market is picking up again. They probably want to take advantage of the semi-low interest rates and housing prices before the spring where it's sure to get more expensive. GOOD LUCK!!! *sending good real estate vibes your way* :-D

stampinkaren 10-04-2009 01:40 PM

thanks! we need all the help we can get! I swear if this place goes quickly, the agent will be worth every penny!

mommyof4boys 10-04-2009 03:20 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR KAREN!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Hope you had/have a fabuloso day!!!! :-D:mrgreen:

stampinkaren 10-04-2009 03:23 PM

aww! thanks!
its been tiring with the realtor and all the cleaning this morning! didn't even get to sleep in! LOL but bf took me to La CAstille for dinner last night and the food was good, and it was a restaurant dinner, which I never get, so Im happy! LOL

MelissaL 10-04-2009 04:04 PM

I hope the place sells quickly for you, Karen. Christyne, good luck on your surgery and *sending you wishes for a fast and uneventful recovery* I managed to get my cards all done for the WCMD challenges! How fun that I got to christen my new craft room for a whole day. DH only pestered me for a short time and then went and snoozed in his chair. lol I know Ina was poking around in my gallery, which is recovering from the mass downloads, and I invite you all to have a peek too. I am rather proud of them.

MelissaL 10-04-2009 04:32 PM

oops and Happy birthday too, of course, Karen. :-)

ScrappingMommyof3 10-05-2009 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46 (Post 15270223)
Christyne, I am praying for a little oasis of peace and quiet for you sometime today. You need to unwind, regroup and re-energize. I don't see how you do all that you do! You are amazing!

Thanks Ina! I managed a small nap (VERY short!) in the afternoon/early evening. I should have stayed home from the Ferrari/Maserati event because I was then over tired and got a big fat headache!

Looking at my calendar, it seems that peace will come sometime after Christmas...especially if DD's surgery is scheduled for after her birthday which is Nov. 6th. Send me some "stay strong" vibes!!! And healthy vibes too...I sure can't afford to get sick now!

ScrappingMommyof3 10-05-2009 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 15270386)
Wow Christyne! I don't even know how you find enough hours in the day to do all you do! You are truly an inspiration. Hopefully in a few years when the babies aren't babies anymore and not as much work, I'll have as much energy as you. The Stamping Palooza sounds like so much fun! So it's a 3 day event??? When did you say the next one is?? Definately sounds like something that I would LOVE to do!!!

Karen- I'm crossing my fingers for a quick and easy sale for you! I think people are rushing out and buying now that the market is picking up again. They probably want to take advantage of the semi-low interest rates and housing prices before the spring where it's sure to get more expensive. GOOD LUCK!!! *sending good real estate vibes your way* :-D

Palooza is a 2 day event (more like one day + an evening). The Friday evening is Demos only and the Saturday is for anyone. The next one is Feb. 19th (Demos) and 20th (everyone) and Caroline has ALREADY started taking registrations. Somewhere on her website www.craftincaro.ca is a link for Palooza. Registrations started coming in as soon as she announced on Friday. Looks like we're gonna fill up fast again!

ScrappingMommyof3 10-05-2009 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelissaL (Post 15271444)
I hope the place sells quickly for you, Karen. Christyne, good luck on your surgery and *sending you wishes for a fast and uneventful recovery* I managed to get my cards all done for the WCMD challenges! How fun that I got to christen my new craft room for a whole day. DH only pestered me for a short time and then went and snoozed in his chair. lol I know Ina was poking around in my gallery, which is recovering from the mass downloads, and I invite you all to have a peek too. I am rather proud of them.

Thanks...but it's actually DD's surgery. I will pass the wishes on to her!

yellowrose46 10-05-2009 07:53 AM

Missed your birthday yesterday, Karen..............belated good wishes!
Things are hopping here this a.m. I had Floyd (the plumber) here this morning to install a new sump pump and backup battery operated unit. And also, the men are here to construct a dog run to the side of my house so that I can dog sit Maggie whenever my ex neighbour (my neighbour got married and is in the process of moving 10 miles away) and her hubby go away for a few days. Maggie was here this weekend too.

yellowrose46 10-05-2009 07:56 AM

Oh, by the way Karen, just want to mention that I have all your goodies sitting on my computer desk and am frequently applying the strawberry lip balm and sniffing the lemon/lime soap! Love it!

stampinkaren 10-05-2009 08:32 AM

LOL!
It IS meant to be used! LOL
You CAN shower with it.. lol!!

I have all my fragrances and essential oils in a cupboard and everytime I open that cupboard I get a full blast of aromatherapy! LOL It doesn't smell like any one thing, it smells like EVERYTHING!

Thanks for all the bday wishes!

Chrystine is the surgery sched'd now? Did i miss that post?

stampinkaren 10-05-2009 09:22 AM

scrappingreatdeals is having a free shipping sale! $45 & shipping is free (In canada). I will be putting in an order so if anyone wants a thing or two and wants to add it in, I'll be happy to order it for you and hand it over at the next gathering!

Its over tomorrow so LMK asap if you want anything!

mommyof4boys 10-05-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 15276504)
scrappingreatdeals is having a free shipping sale! $45 & shipping is free (In canada). I will be putting in an order so if anyone wants a thing or two and wants to add it in, I'll be happy to order it for you and hand it over at the next gathering!

Its over tomorrow so LMK asap if you want anything!

oh oh...me me....I want the Flower Soft Polar White that Melissa mentioned and a few other things. I'll email you tonight if that's ok...wanna go through it again. :-D

stampinkaren 10-05-2009 11:15 AM

np.. Just email me your list later tonight.
If you can jot down the SKU's that would be great - so i make sure I order the right thing.

I always wanted to try the flower soft stuft... maybe I'll try it too.... deciding... deciding...

mommyof4boys 10-05-2009 01:28 PM

haha....now is a good a time as any to try it with the Christmas cards. I'm gonna get the Polar White and see how I like it and then I'll branch out to the other colours later if all goes well.

hmm...I was putting my list together and I'm at $46 (and I'm still looking), if you have enough to qualify for the free shipping then we can just order it seperately, if not then we can order together. Up to you...:-D

Melissa- do you have to use the Flower Soft adhesive or will any adhesive do?

MelissaL 10-05-2009 03:17 PM

I have the specific glue. It's a small bottle but seems a bit thicker than regular white glue so it really sticks. You don't need a lot. I believe they say their glue or any good quality white glue...I didn't want to take the chance of screwing anything up. lol

mommyof4boys 10-05-2009 03:59 PM

Thanks Melissa!

MelissaL 10-05-2009 04:01 PM

No problem! I am debating...do I put in an order or no....yes or no...hmmmm do I don't I....lol SUCH angst!

mommyof4boys 10-05-2009 04:03 PM

LOL...I was only going to order the Flower Soft and tack it on to Karen's order so that I don't have to pay for shipping but after browsing the site and their clearance papers, I qualify for the free shipping all on my own and then some...that's after some deleted items too...dilemna, dilemna....:-D

stampinkaren 10-05-2009 04:09 PM

SEEEEEEE what I mean about the clearance papers? its such a good deal with the free shipping you almost CANT say no!!

Okay, i'm off to take a serious look now.. lol

mommyof4boys 10-05-2009 05:47 PM

LOL...I know exactly what you mean! I placed my order...so I've closed down the site and not looking at it again! :-D Way too tempting and I have ZERO will power!

ScrappingMommyof3 10-06-2009 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 15276185)
LOL!

I have all my fragrances and essential oils in a cupboard and everytime I open that cupboard I get a full blast of aromatherapy! LOL It doesn't smell like any one thing, it smells like EVERYTHING!

No, not scheduled yet, but we should hear in the next couple if weeks. Her case was presented to the surgical team yeasterday.

yellowrose46 10-06-2009 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 15276185)
LOL!

Shower? But I've been tempted to bite into it! My friend tells me that if you open up the soft soap packages and put them in a drawer with clothes, they will harden up and last longer. Mine hasn't hit the drawer yet...........I'm letting it harden right here at my desk!

yellowrose46 10-06-2009 06:16 AM

I'm picking up an order from Sheila [scrappingreatdeals]today........driving to Komoka (suburb of London). I placed it last week and it was ready in one day, but I didn't have time to get it last week. If she has any of the white flower soft in the store, I will also buy some, because I have not been happy with the stuff that I have been using.
The reason I am driving to pick up the order that qualified for free shipping (yes, me too!) is that I will also stop in Strathroy to visit with my family.

stampinkaren 10-06-2009 06:55 AM

OOh.... Have fun shopping! I wish I was close enough to ANY GOOD local shops but as far as I know there aren't any. Maybe I can win the lottery and open my own... hehe

mommyof4boys 10-06-2009 12:15 PM

Have fun Ina!!! My sister and I once thought of driving out to London to browse Sheila's store but thought better of it! LOL...:mrgreen::twisted:

stampinkaren 10-06-2009 01:35 PM

With free shipping, who needs to drive up there? LOL

mommyof4boys 10-06-2009 03:24 PM

I know but sometimes it's just more fun to actually see the products. Pictures can be deceiving...

stampinkaren 10-06-2009 04:27 PM

this is true. I bought a momento pad thinking it was a dark grey but it ended up being a dark midnight blue....

mommyof4boys 10-06-2009 04:35 PM

lol...I like browsing, that's part of the fun of shopping so I would prefer to be in an actual store...can you hurry up and open your store already!?!?:mrgreen::twisted::p

Sama 10-06-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3 (Post 15270159)
At least you know you wouldn't have to stay in a hotel!!!

awww....R U saying that I am 'officially' invited??:mrgreen: