Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   Canada * Southern Ontario Coffee and Sugar Girls! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/canada-%2A-southern-ontario-coffee-sugar-girls-461096/)

mommyof4boys 12-09-2009 07:30 AM

Jukie- you are such a sweetheart for offering...we might just take you up on that offer too! Are you planning on getting something from there as well?

Karen- yes it's the A2 regular envies but they call it announcement envies.

Teresa- I voted for you again today and will try to do it every day till the contest is over. Are you gonna split the U-line order with Karen and I?

Ina- DH hates it when the plows do that especially after he has just finished doing our driveway. Also the house in front of ours hires someone to plow their driveway and that guy ALWAYS just pushes the snow off the driveway, across the street and in front of our house. DH says that if they do it again this year they'll get an earful. Between them and the street and our driveway, we look like we're buried in snow. lol...the kids LOVE it though.

jukie 12-09-2009 07:33 AM

I love the snow provided I don't have to drive in it!lol I guess I am going to have to bit the bullet and do it soon but not today :)

Not planning on getting anything this time round but I am happy to collect the goodies for you though! :)

stampinkaren 12-09-2009 08:15 AM

I'll go in on some A2s aswell.

ScrappingMommyof3 12-09-2009 11:16 AM

Keep warm Ina! Hope your grandsons like the pics of the snow!

tmalaryk 12-09-2009 11:25 AM

I just voted for myself. I'm up to 7 votes now.

2busyscrappin 12-10-2009 04:11 AM

Good Morning ladies...things have been difficult in the last little while and been popping in and lurking but not really saying much...I need things to get better really soon.

Diane I want to put the order through soon but I'm awaiting Teresa's payment first before I get you to send me yours...your still doing the email transfer right..?

ScrappingMommyof3 12-10-2009 04:17 AM

Michelle, is there anything we can do to help? Just say the word! Short of sending you wads of money (which none of us have anyway - LOL!), we're here for you!

tmalaryk 12-10-2009 04:35 AM

Mine is in the mail. It took extra postage because of the 1/2 pearls. That is good to know incase you try to send with regular postage because it will come back to you thus taking twice as long to send. I just sent out 2 swaps yesterday in one envelope to the USA and it cost just over $7. It's cheaper than driving there!

tmalaryk 12-10-2009 04:37 AM

I joined this hollywood swap. Maybe it interests you?http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=467308

2busyscrappin 12-10-2009 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3 (Post 15689230)
Michelle, is there anything we can do to help? Just say the word! Short of sending you wads of money (which none of us have anyway - LOL!), we're here for you!

Thanks Christyne! I appreciate it...but unfortunately there isn't much even I can do at this point...I'm okay for the most part...I wish I could win the lottery and just get away for a year...maybe to italy...or Paris...or Diana's basement....LOL....:mrgreen:

2busyscrappin 12-10-2009 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmalaryk (Post 15689304)
Mine is in the mail. It took extra postage because of the 1/2 pearls. That is good to know incase you try to send with regular postage because it will come back to you thus taking twice as long to send. I just sent out 2 swaps yesterday in one envelope to the USA and it cost just over $7. It's cheaper than driving there!

Really! Hmmm...I better rethink my holiday cards....

I have a request for everyone on this thread. Can you please PM me your Address so all of you can recieve a goodie from me :) Thanks !

2busyscrappin 12-10-2009 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmalaryk (Post 15689320)
I joined this hollywood swap. Maybe it interests you?http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=467308

How would you come up with an idea for a card for this swap..? I wouldnt know what I would choose....see this is why I don't swap...lol...I'm stupid wih thes kinds of things...lol

2busyscrappin 12-10-2009 05:18 AM

Christyne....isn't your DD going in soon for her surgery...? My thoughts are with you...

jukie 12-10-2009 05:51 AM

Hi Girls!

Michelle sending you hugs and hoping everything works out for you.

I am feeling a little bit icky http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...oaksmileyf.gif I was sneezing and that yesterday so I thought I had a cold, but I had a terrible nights sleep and now I just feel drained but no sign of a cold? who knows!

Plan to spend sometime finishing off some Christmas Cards and then I have to do some birthday cards.....

Hope everyone has a great day.

yellowrose46 12-10-2009 05:52 AM

Michelle, I'm thinking of you and praying for you. I hope your outlook is a more cheerful soon! This is indeed a tough time of year for anyone with difficulties. I know we all have challenges, but some people do have unusual circumstances and it's really tough for them.
We have more snow today and I am loving it............nice and warm in my living room, watching the wind blow and not having to go anywhere! I even think I may attempt a bit of crafting this afternoon!

yellowrose46 12-10-2009 05:52 AM

Deleting duplicate post.

2busyscrappin 12-10-2009 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jukie (Post 15689813)
Hi Girls!

I am feeling a little bit icky http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...oaksmileyf.gif I was sneezing and that yesterday so I thought I had a cold, but I had a terrible nights sleep and now I just feel drained but no sign of a cold? who knows!

Plan to spend sometime finishing off some Christmas Cards and then I have to do some birthday cards.....

Hope you feel better soon :) I hope things will get better for me too...but not for awhile it looks like...so in the meantime I am just coasting gtting through my days 1 day at a time :)

2busyscrappin 12-10-2009 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46 (Post 15689816)
Michelle, I'm thinking of you and praying for you. I hope your outlook is a more cheerful soon! This is indeed a tough time of year for anyone with difficulties. I know we all have challenges, but some people do have unusual circumstances and it's really tough for them.
We have more snow today and I am loving it............nice and warm in my living room, watching the wind blow and not having to go anywhere! I even think I may attempt a bit of crafting this afternoon!

Thanks Ina I too hope your feeling better too :)

DON'T FORGET EVERYONE TO PM ME YOU SNAIL MAIL ADDY FOR A GOODIE IN THE MAIL. IT'LL CHEER ME UP....SO DO IT!!! LOL

corrosive69 12-10-2009 06:06 AM

MIchelle...hope things get better soon! Sending hugs!
Ina...hows your recovery going?
Christyne...hope your daughters surgery goes well!

As for me...i am just plugging along! I finally got caught up on all my DT stuff...just need to go Christmas shopping! Ugh...i hate shopping!!

Hugs!

yellowrose46 12-10-2009 06:22 AM

Thanks for all the 'well' wishes. By the way, Diana, I did receive your card on Tuesday. It's beautiful.......thanks so much!
To answer your question, Janet..........I am getting stronger every day. Not needing to rest after every little task. I have a load of laundry going right now. I'm still pretty tired at the end of the day. I am sleeping so well, which I am really thankful for, considering I haven't slept long hours for many years now, due to my night shift work. And I am finally starting to enjoy eating again, although my stomach won't take a large meal. So far, I have lost 14 pounds! But now I think the losing will stop. Can you believe I got two boxes of chocolates and have no desire to eat them at all?

mommyof4boys 12-10-2009 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2busyscrappin (Post 15689212)
Good Morning ladies...things have been difficult in the last little while and been popping in and lurking but not really saying much...I need things to get better really soon.

Diane I want to put the order through soon but I'm awaiting Teresa's payment first before I get you to send me yours...your still doing the email transfer right..?

I'm sorry to hear that things have not gotten better yet Michelle. Hopefully they will soon but in the meantime, chin up girlfriend!

Yeppers...I'm still gonna email transfer you the moula once you give me your email addy.

mommyof4boys 12-10-2009 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2busyscrappin (Post 15689509)
Thanks Christyne! I appreciate it...but unfortunately there isn't much even I can do at this point...I'm okay for the most part...I wish I could win the lottery and just get away for a year...maybe to italy...or Paris...or Diana's basement....LOL....:mrgreen:

My basement is waaayyy cheaper than Paris or Italy!

mommyof4boys 12-10-2009 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jukie (Post 15689813)
Hi Girls!

Oh Jukie...I hope you feel better soon. Things in my house are not too much better. Yesterday morning at about 4am my 2nd DS came into my room saying that him and his older brother were throwing up. Well it continued all day yesterday and then the younger ones started to throw up as well. Then it was my turn. I'm glad to say that the vomitting has stopped but now we have body aches and pains. Arggg...and Christmas is right around the corner! I don't have time to be sick!

2busyscrappin 12-10-2009 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 15690153)
My basement is waaayyy cheaper than Paris or Italy!

LOL..and closer...!!! LOL

yellowrose46 12-10-2009 06:43 AM

Oh Diana, I am so sorry to hear that! I hope everyone gets better really soon!

jukie 12-10-2009 07:50 AM

We are all going through the wars at the moment it would seem! I had a nice hot shower and I feel marginally better then I did..clean if nothing else ;) But very glad I don't have to go outside!

take care

2busyscrappin 12-10-2009 08:15 AM

I hear that...the little bit of sunlight coming through the house seems to lift my spirits a little...it's coming and going so...a little at a time is better than nothing i guess...lol..

mommyof4boys 12-10-2009 09:53 AM

Thanks Ina. I think that the worst has past and now we're just trying to get our energy back. It's just hard watching the little ones go through it since they can't talk yet and can't tell us where it hurts or what's bothering them.

I was in the middle of responding to all the posts earlier but got tired and didn't get to yours. I am so sorry...I wasn't ignoring you! :-D I am so glad to hear that you're feeling better. I sure have missed you! Hopefully you'll be up to getting together with us the next time around. I think that we're going to have to miss December and make it up in the new year as schedules are getting really hectic and we can't seem to make it work. I'm glad that you got my card and like it.

Michelle- like I told you chickie...any time you wanna come over you are more than welcome to! Likewise to all you lovely ladies!

tmalaryk 12-10-2009 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2busyscrappin (Post 15689509)

YES!!! Diana's basement SO TOTALLY compares to Italy or Paris! But if you can't do that then I suggest taking Vitamin D every day so that wherever you are you will be happyhappyhappyhappy. I swear by it! :mrgreen:

tmalaryk 12-10-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2busyscrappin (Post 15689553)
How would you come up with an idea for a card for this swap..? I wouldnt know what I would choose....see this is why I don't swap...lol...I'm stupid wih thes kinds of things...lol

I did this card again but changed it to pink and grey, centred it instead of off set, used a pearl instead of diamond, and added photo corners. http://teresainsmalltowncanada.blogs...technique.html
Hmmm...maybe I should post it.

tmalaryk 12-10-2009 10:29 AM

Ok, blogged it.
http://teresainsmalltowncanada.blogs...wood-swap.html

tmalaryk 12-10-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46 (Post 15690048)
Thanks for all the 'well' wishes. By the way, Diana, I did receive your card on Tuesday. It's beautiful.......thanks so much!
To answer your question, Janet..........I am getting stronger every day. Not needing to rest after every little task. I have a load of laundry going right now. I'm still pretty tired at the end of the day. I am sleeping so well, which I am really thankful for, considering I haven't slept long hours for many years now, due to my night shift work. And I am finally starting to enjoy eating again, although my stomach won't take a large meal. So far, I have lost 14 pounds! But now I think the losing will stop. Can you believe I got two boxes of chocolates and have no desire to eat them at all?

Oh, how I long to lose 14 lbs...I'm typing this as a fill my mouth with Cadbury chocolate.

mommyof4boys 12-10-2009 11:22 AM

I wanna lose 14 pounds x 2 too!!! 7 lbs per kid...lol! :-D

ScrappingMommyof3 12-10-2009 11:31 AM

I wanna lose WAY more than 14 lbs!!!!

OK, how about we start a RAK list???? I know Michelle would like everyone's addy and I would too! How fun would it be to receive random mail just because???

If you all want to send me:

Name, Addy, Birthday, Anniversary (if you're married) and any other pertinent information you'd like to share, I'll compile a list and send it out to everyone!

Who's up for that??? Send (via email) to [email protected]

ScrappingMommyof3 12-10-2009 11:31 AM

For those of you who are asking/wondering...

DD's surgery will be this coming Tuesday...just five days away - YIKES! SO much to do, so little time!!!

mommyof4boys 12-10-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3 (Post 15691763)

OK, how about we start a RAK list???? I know Michelle would like everyone's addy and I would too! How fun would it be to receive random mail just because???

Name, Addy, Birthday, Anniversary (if you're married) and any other pertinent information you'd like to share, I'll compile a list and send it out to everyone!

What an AWESOME idea!!! k...off to send an email!

mommyof4boys 12-10-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 15691944)
What an AWESOME idea!!! k...off to send an email!

K...sent!

2busyscrappin 12-10-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3 (Post 15691763)

RAK List sounds good. SO does that mean Christyne will get all the info and then forward it to all of us with the an updated list..?

2busyscrappin 12-10-2009 12:25 PM

Okay see how blank I am....never I actually read the whole message...okay so disregad my last message...lol..sending an email with all info...

ScrappingMommyof3 12-10-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2busyscrappin (Post 15692044)
RAK List sounds good. SO does that mean Christyne will get all the info and then forward it to all of us with the an updated list..?

Yep! Is that OK? If everyone hurries up, I can have it out to everyone by the end of the day! WOOT!