Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   Canada * Southern Ontario Coffee and Sugar Girls! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/canada-%2A-southern-ontario-coffee-sugar-girls-461096/)

ScrappingMommyof3 12-07-2009 01:32 PM

Nope...we get the ones that are 6 X 5

stampinkaren 12-07-2009 01:34 PM

Hmm.. I like that mine are the perfect size for the A2 cards and can fit an envelope with it...... I've seen the dollar store here carry 6x6 size which are perfect for card kits. They don't have them often, but i bought a couple packs and I'm hoarding them.. lol

ScrappingMommyof3 12-07-2009 01:39 PM

Yeah...I like those ones too...but sometimes ya gotta save your pennies!

stampinkaren 12-07-2009 01:54 PM

most defiately!
i dno't think I'll have to buy any for quite a while...since I got 1000 of them, and sent 100 to my friend in florida... did some swaps, gave a few more away for various reasons... I probably still have close to 750 left.... lol

jukie 12-07-2009 03:08 PM

Ina it is great to hear that you are becoming more mobile!

I really need to finish my Christmas Cards.....I just need to find the motiviation!...and I need to make 4 birthday cards....best find that motivation very soon!:-D

tmalaryk 12-07-2009 06:32 PM

Aren't the 6x5 too big?

ScrappingMommyof3 12-08-2009 02:02 AM

6 X 5 is too big to mail, but they're an OK size for just packaging up to give away. That's what I use most of the time...

tmalaryk 12-08-2009 04:52 AM

Do you buy your white envelopes here too?

mommyof4boys 12-08-2009 10:07 AM

WHOA!!! Those are super cheap! What's the shipping costs at that place?

tmalaryk 12-08-2009 10:17 AM

Diana, for white envelopes and clear envelopes sent to my address it is $16. I didn't order them yet but I did put them in the shopping cart and add my postal code to check the cost of delivery. You can do the same.
I have a question for you: What was the cutting system you had that was your favourite? You said you could cut several sheets at one time. I need something like that because I am unhappy with the Creative Memories cutter that I have.

mommyof4boys 12-08-2009 10:23 AM

I have the Making Memories cutter but it only cuts 2 sheets at a time. I tried putting in more and ended up breaking it...lol. But I really do like it since it cuts really well and it's a self sharpening blade so I don't have to worry about it getting dull. I tried the Fiskers one with the cutting arm and found that it didn't work well for me. I couldn't keep the cs from sliding when I pushed down on the arm so my cuts were always off. But I guess it's a matter of preference.

Hmmm...are you going to order your envies soon? Was just thinking that if we ordered together we might be able to save on shipping? Is it a standard charge or does it depend on what we order?

stampinkaren 12-08-2009 10:27 AM

FYI - the Uline warehouse is in Brampton & you can pick up your orders if you want to save on shipping. Its a bit far for you teresa, but I think its doable for you Diana... just google map it and see how far it is from you.

tmalaryk 12-08-2009 10:34 AM

Are we getting together soon? Then we can all ship together. Looks like the best place for clear envelopes but is it best for white envelopes? More of the same thing we order then the more the price comes down.

mommyof4boys 12-08-2009 11:06 AM

Oh MY!!! I didn't know that it was so close! If you want to order together Teresa, I don't mind going to pick it up.

As for when we're getting together...I was under the assumption that we were going to do brunch but since Christyne's DD is in today for her pre-op and will be admitted next week, then there's recovery time, I don't think it'll happen till the new year. Unless we do it near the hospital so that maybe Christyne can pop out for a little break??

tmalaryk 12-08-2009 11:14 AM

Ya, let's order together. I didn't realize the pre-op was today. Was thinking about her today and knew it was coming up soon.

mommyof4boys 12-08-2009 11:17 AM

Ok...let me know what you want and I'll have a look at the site too. Anyone else want anything?

Teresa, did you order the ScorPal through Michelle? Which reminds me...Michelle, have you put in our order with Treasure Mart yet?

tmalaryk 12-08-2009 11:34 AM

Yes, I did order the scor pal from Michelle.

stampinkaren 12-08-2009 11:44 AM

Oh, I didn't realize pre-op was today either. Your family is in my thoughts today Christyne!

I was thinking of getting a box of mailers. Envelopes are so expensive. Going to look at the site and will let you know.

As for the get together... ya brunch would have been good.... darn it it slipped my mind and its so close to the surgery..... Hm.. well, I can do a tues/wed evening I think..... but that wont be till right before Christmas since the surgery is next tuesday so... that might be too close to Christmas.

Otherwise, if you ladies want to come to my place for coffee/brunch we can pick a day for that. I'm in between everyone I think... haha. I have a seminar Thursday and Friday this week though - any other day i should be able to work out.

mommyof4boys 12-08-2009 11:49 AM

Looks like if we order 3+ it's cheaper...I was looking at the 4 3/4 x 6 3/4 clear envies, and I was thinking about getting the 6 1/4 x 6 1/4 for square cards too...thoughts on that size?

Gonna go and take a look at the regular envies now...

As for brunch...if we do it after the 21st then I won't have to rush since the older kiddies will be off school and will go to Grandma's as well...but then that's really pushing it since it's so close to Christmas....can everyone do dinner tomorrow or Thursday night??? I know it's last minute....

stampinkaren 12-08-2009 12:06 PM

lets see, if you get the 6x6 reg envies, they'll fit in the 6 1/4 x 6 1/4 clear ones right?
not sure what size of bubble mailers is best for swaps... i guess bigger, since then you can send the cards flat? Anyone interested in those? splittin a box?

stampinkaren 12-08-2009 12:07 PM

I might be able to do dinner wed/thursday.... if it works for anyone else, i'll check with bf

mommyof4boys 12-08-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 15679538)
lets see, if you get the 6x6 reg envies, they'll fit in the 6 1/4 x 6 1/4 clear ones right?
not sure what size of bubble mailers is best for swaps... i guess bigger, since then you can send the cards flat? Anyone interested in those? splittin a box?

I'd be up for splitting stuff....what were you looking at? I'd like to get some envies for square cards but don't really want 1000 since I hardly make them...and envies for swaps are a good idea...

Ladies- does either tmr or Thurs. nite work for anyone?

ScrappingMommyof3 12-08-2009 12:59 PM

Hi everyone! Looks like LOTS of chatting going on today!

We are back from pre-op and good to go for surgery next week. I think dinner is out for me as there is much to do...though I could probably get out for an hour or two for lunch.

Hope everyone had a good day! I'm exhausted!

stampinkaren 12-08-2009 02:26 PM

awesome! I'm glad everything went well! I'm sure she'll get through this with flying colors and you'll be home for Christmas! She's got great spirit & I think she'll heal faster than you think! (((hugs)))

I could go for the square envies too... I like you, don't need 1000 of them! i don't even know where I'd put them! LOL I already have so much hidden from BF! LOL

tmalaryk 12-08-2009 02:58 PM

I just created a new scent of fabric softener for Downey. I win if I get the most votes, so please vote for me. $7,700 could make a nice craft room!

<object width="500" height="270"><param name="movie" value="http://www.downy.com/media/flash/concerto/downyEmbed.swf?locale=en-CA&xmlPath=http://www.downy.com/media/flash/concerto/downyEmbeden-CA.xml&imagePath=http://media.downy.com/media/flash/concerto/images/&servicePath=http://www.downy.com&submissionID=27370"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.downy.com/media/flash/concerto/downyEmbed.swf?locale=en-CA&xmlPath=http://www.downy.com/media/flash/concerto/downyEmbeden-CA.xml&imagePath=http://media.downy.com/media/flash/concerto/images/&servicePath=http://www.downy.com&submissionID=27370" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" width="500" height="270"></embed></object>

tmalaryk 12-08-2009 02:59 PM

Whoa, could that link BE any bigger?

tmalaryk 12-08-2009 03:09 PM

I don't think I make it for dinner. Tiana has dance class tomorrow and on Thursdays I go to Theocratic Ministry school from 7:30 - 9:30.

ScrappingMommyof3 12-08-2009 03:28 PM

Teresa, I tried to copy and paste the link, but it was a no go. Is there another link you can share with us?

tmalaryk 12-08-2009 03:47 PM

Under most recent it says my name and Peace and the scent name is Serenus. You'll have to go to at least page 18 . http://www.downy.com/en-CA/designyourdowny.jspx

stampinkaren 12-08-2009 04:58 PM

I voted! you just need to type in the name in the search field.

tmalaryk 12-08-2009 06:13 PM

I have 2 votes now! The one with the most has 5654!

mommyof4boys 12-08-2009 06:33 PM

Done...now you have 4 votes (it said that you had 3 when I clicked on it).

Karen- I'll split square envies with you...you decide the size. Anyone else?

How about the mailers? Did you want to split one of those too?

stampinkaren 12-08-2009 06:58 PM

If you want to get the clear envies to go with, then I'm okay with the 6x6 size of envelope. If you don't care either way, then the 5 1/2 size is okay too. i'll go either way. I think sometimes that 6x6 cards are a little too big, but you could do 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 size cards with that size too. And the extra clear envies are good for card kits too. So i'll go either way. if theres anyone else coming in on the deal, then they can decide the size.

I'm up for splitting mailers, and any size is good for me too. I'm not sure what the best size for swapping is though..... any cue from you? And did you want the bubble or the cardboard ones? i'm good with either one. Though I think bubble would be more versatile. Or we could split a box of each. up to you. that will last a long time for sure.

mommyof4boys 12-08-2009 10:42 PM

lol...we make for a good pair since I have NO idea what size to get either. I was thinking along the same lines that you were (if we get the bigger size then it'll fit both a 6x6 and 5 1/2x5 1/2). Were you looking to get the regular envies too? I don't know what I want...I know for sure I want the 4 3/4 x 6 3/4 clear sleeves and the announcement envelopes (unless someone knows where to get them cheaper). I also want something to put square cards and the mailers...but since it's all in multiples of 1000 and about $40-$50 each item...I'll only get these if it's split since there's no way I'm going to spend $200 in one shot for envies...lol! I do have SOME will power!

stampinkaren 12-09-2009 06:39 AM

announcement? You mean A2?

jukie 12-09-2009 06:48 AM

Hi Girls don't forget I live in Brampton so if you need me to pick something up for you just let me know!

I voted...not that I could smell anything at the moment....but I am sure it smells wonderful! :)

I am tucked up inside enjoying my first Canadian snowfall....just glad I don't have to go out!

ScrappingMommyof3 12-09-2009 06:56 AM

What do you think of our crazy weather Jukie???

stampinkaren 12-09-2009 06:57 AM

SNOW SNOW SNOW on the ground!
woohooooooo!

tmalaryk 12-09-2009 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 15683939)
announcement? You mean A2?

Ya, A2 but I think they called it announcement envelopes.

yellowrose46 12-09-2009 07:17 AM

We have about 4 inches of heavy wet snow on the ground. the snowplow went by and guess where they deposited most of snow? In front of my driveway...........me, who is not supposed to do any shoveling. My neighbours are wonderful and I am sure they will get me out before I have to go anywhere. I can stay snug as a bug in my little old house! I did go out and take lots of photos for my Texas grandsons! They will be here on the 27th to enjoy it for themselves!
Teresa, I voted for you, and it says you can vote once a day!
Christyne, thinking of you and your DD!