Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   Canada * Southern Ontario Coffee and Sugar Girls! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/canada-%2A-southern-ontario-coffee-sugar-girls-461096/)

mommyof4boys 09-30-2009 05:52 PM

I was thinking it might not work in October since this upcoming weekend is already October, the next weekend is the Thanksgiving long weekend (I won't be here), Karen won't be here the following two weekends (17th and 24th) and the one after is Halloween. Maybe we can have our stamping fest in November and get together in October on a weeknight again. Thoughts ladies?

yellowrose46 09-30-2009 06:03 PM

Sounds good to me! Yes, I will be off this coming weekend and the 17th, but working the 10th, 24th weekends and off to Texas the last week of the month.

ScrappingMommyof3 10-01-2009 01:27 AM

Hi everyone! Thanks again for all the fun the other night and for all the wonderful goodies!

Teresa, your jam is FAB!!!
Karen, that lip balm - YUM! I want to eat it - LOL!
Diana, my DD wants to know how to make that box...tell me quick before she steals mine - LOL!
Ina, those flowers are GORGEOUS!!! I need to make a Christmas card and use some of those snowflakes - SO CUTE!
Melissa, hope you are able to join us soon and that you are feeling better!!!

October is TOTALLY out for me! November would be better, but also depends on when DD will be going in for surgery. You all pick a date and if I can make it, I'll be there for sure!!!

mommyof4boys 10-01-2009 04:41 AM

Christyne- haha...that purse is so easy to make. There's a tutorial online but I had to tweak the measurements so it would fit A2 cards. It's still a little tight but at least it works.

Here's the recipe:

Supplies:
Corner Rounder
1 3/4" Circle Punch
Strong Adhesive
Paper Scorer

Cardstock
1 - 6 x 11
1 - 6 x 7 1/4
1 - 1 1/2 x 11
2 - 4 1/4 x 10
4 - 4 1/4 x 5 1/2

DSP
1 - 5 1/2 x 10 1/4
1 - 5 1/2 x 3 1/2
1 - 1 x 11
2 - 3 3/4 x 10

Center 1 x 11 dsp onto 1 1/2 x 11 cs, score at 1" on each side (this is the handle)
Center both 3 3/4 x 10 dsp onto 4 1/4 x 10 cs, score at every 1" and fold (mountain folds)
Score 6 x 11 cs at 3", 6", 10 1/4", round the corners on the 3" side
Round the corners at one end of the 5 1/2 x 10 1/4 dsp and center onto the rounded cs side, only put adhesive until the first scored line.
Tuck the scored ends of the handle into the center of the next section.
Adhere the rest of the dsp to the cs. Fold along the score lines.
Score 6 x 7 1/4 cs at 3" (dividing the 7 1/4 side), attach the 3" section to the small flap (with the flap on the inside of the box)
Round one end of the 5 1/2 x 3 1/2 dsp, mount onto 4 1/4 side with rounded edge down (this piece isn't centered, just eyeball it to line up with the top portion leaving the same amount of space on the bottom and the sides, the top will have more space)
Adhere the two 4 1/4 x 10 to each side of the "box"
Punch half a circle into each of the 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 pieces
Insert and adhere them into the box, make sure you don't make it too snug otherwise it'll be really tight.
Decorate your box and voila!

Hopefully that makes sense otherwise I'll have to find that online tutorial for you.

tmalaryk 10-01-2009 04:44 AM

What weekend are you available, Ina?

tmalaryk 10-01-2009 04:47 AM

Just noticed the purse instructions! Now I can try!
Christyne, I don't mind waiting until November to get together.

mommyof4boys 10-01-2009 04:53 AM

We can do another weeknight get together in October and do a weekend in November if that works out better for most of us...Or we can put it off until early November. Either way works for me. :-D

ScrappingMommyof3 10-01-2009 05:41 AM

Thanks for the purse instructions!

I could do a weeknight in October, but definitely not a weekend - YIKES!!!

A November weekend would work, though it all depends on DD's surgery date/recovery time, etc...

stampinkaren 10-01-2009 06:23 AM

Morning all~
Melissa! I wish you could have come! How's your ankle/foot?

Hmm.. October seems full for everyone!
Shoot.. short meeting.. BRB

mommyof4boys 10-01-2009 11:13 AM

Ok...how about we pick a weeknight in October after Karen gets back (the week of the 26th) and as for November we can craft here at my place. My birthday is on the 20th and since I'm turning 30 I hope that DH is planning something BIG for me. So that weekend is out. I was thinking a Saturday that way we have ALL night....how about either the 14th or the 28th??

stampinkaren 10-01-2009 11:24 AM

30?! You baby!!!!!!! 30, four kids.... loving husband....
Oh gawd!!! I'm OOOOOLD>>>>>>>

31 on Sunday and my eggs are drying up!! WAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

mommyof4boys 10-01-2009 11:29 AM

LOL!!! You make it seem as though you are so much older than me! It's only a year and you have lots of time! I started young...really young. Your eggs are not drying up silly girl!

ScrappingMommyof3 10-01-2009 02:54 PM

Your eggs are NOT drying up! I got pregnant with my third when I was 33!!!

14th is out for me. If DD is not already in the hospital, we'll be celebrating her birthday that weekend. I could do the 28th...

Diana, can we have a sleepover? WOOT!!!

mommyof4boys 10-01-2009 06:16 PM

When is your DD's surgery scheduled for Christyne?

Ok..so if everyone (or most of us) can make it, we'll have our November get together at my place on Saturday the 28th. :D yay...we can finally craft together!

Sure we can make it a sleepover, but it might be a little cozy since the basement isn't and won't be finished by then. Just let me know beforehand if you are planning on staying just so I can prepare for overnight guests.

Sama 10-01-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 15250432)
When is your DD's surgery scheduled for Christyne?

Ok..so if everyone (or most of us) can make it, we'll have our November get together at my place on Saturday the 28th. :D yay...we can finally craft together!

Sure we can make it a sleepover, but it might be a little cozy since the basement isn't and won't be finished by then. Just let me know beforehand if you are planning on staying just so I can prepare for overnight guests.

Yeahhhh! ....I'm coming to celebrate MY Birthday with ya gals!!! (that is IF U all can put up with a soon-to-be 58 yo ancient and AMPLE gal! eheheh....
(my heart is young though....most days!!):mrgreen:
K' I'm packing my winter jammies,my fav pillow,my Kokomo and my Bailey!;) oh yeahhhh and a 'few' stamping needs....:rolleyes:
Jokes aside it sounds like U are going to have LOADS of fun!!!!!!
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh...I can almost 'see' -via my magical crystal ball- another phone call happening .....LOL

Night everyoneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...I truly intended to go to bed early ...but...
looks like NCSI is catching my attention now...*smile*

Sama 10-01-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3 (Post 15247478)
If DD is not already in the hospital, we'll be celebrating her birthday that weekend. I could do the 28th...

DD and Hospital???? what's happening???:confused:

ScrappingMommyof3 10-02-2009 03:46 AM

Hi all! I will be MIA for most of the weekend...so don't freak out if you think I've died or something - LOL!

DD's date is not scheduled as of yet, but will be some time after Nov. 9th.

Paola, the short version is I have two kids with heart conditions (middle one is heart healthy) and DD (oldest) will be needing open heart surgery.

Next week, when things slow down, I'll give everyone the run down if you don't think it will bore you to tears!

mommyof4boys 10-02-2009 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sama (Post 15251939)
Yeahhhh! ....I'm coming to celebrate MY Birthday with ya gals!!! (that is IF U all can put up with a soon-to-be 58 yo ancient and AMPLE gal! eheheh....
(my heart is young though....most days!!)
K' I'm packing my winter jammies,my fav pillow,my Kokomo and my Bailey!
oh yeahhhh and a 'few' stamping needs....:rolleyes:
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh...I can almost 'see' -via my magical crystal ball- another phone call happening .....LOL

Oh Paola! You had me excited that I was going to get to meet you! You should come fly out here for the weekend. We can celebrate our birthdays together! :-D:mrgreen:

mommyof4boys 10-02-2009 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3 (Post 15252306)
Hi all! I will be MIA for most of the weekend...so don't freak out if you think I've died or something - LOL!

DD's date is not scheduled as of yet, but will be some time after Nov. 9th.

Paola, the short version is I have two kids with heart conditions (middle one is heart healthy) and DD (oldest) will be needing open heart surgery.

Next week, when things slow down, I'll give everyone the run down if you don't think it will bore you to tears!

We will not be bored to tears Christyne...they're your kids! :-D

Have a great weekend and we'll catch up with you next week!

mommyof4boys 10-02-2009 05:33 AM

Did anyone catch Grey's and Private Practice yesterday??
I cried during both shows when they showed them operating on the babies. :(

yellowrose46 10-02-2009 07:49 AM

(my heart is young though....most days!!)

Paola, you really had me believing you were coming! I don't think the gals had any problem with me (at least they didn't say so to my face, and I haven't seen anything on this thread, te, hee) and I am older than you. As for a few extra pounds, I've got them too, and it just shows that we have healthy appetites for all that life has to offer!

stampinkaren 10-02-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sama (Post 15251939)
(my heart is young though....most days!!):mrgreen:
K' I'm packing my winter jammies,my fav pillow,my Kokomo and my Bailey!;) oh yeahhhh and a 'few' stamping needs....:rolleyes:

Well, if its at Diana's house.. can we arrange a little webcast? Do you have a webcam?

stampinkaren 10-02-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 15253000)
Did anyone catch Grey's and Private Practice yesterday??
I cried during both shows when they showed them operating on the babies. :(

I watched Grey's...!
I almost never miss it! LOL

I can't believe they "accidentally" cut off that baby's arm! Sheesh!

Come to think about it.. they haven't had that many really dramatic cases (like they did the first two seasons).

yellowrose46 10-02-2009 09:31 AM

I'm good for stamping on Nov 28 and any Monday or Tuesday is good for a coffee/tea get together.

tmalaryk 10-02-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 15254422)
Well, if its at Diana's house.. can we arrange a little webcast? Do you have a webcam?

Webcast...that sounds cool. Maybe we can get our own tv series from this. 8)

stampinkaren 10-02-2009 12:27 PM

COMING THIS SEASON TO TLC
Rubber Lovers

tmalaryk 10-02-2009 12:31 PM

Or the W network.

stampinkaren 10-02-2009 12:34 PM

with a title like that it might end up on Showcase.. haha

tmalaryk 10-02-2009 12:39 PM

We could be on after L.A. Ink.
I do like the IFC so we should go there.
Maybe make it a movie and go to next years TIFF.
Companies could send us stuff hoping we would use it in our next movie.

stampinkaren 10-02-2009 12:50 PM

LOL! I love free stuff!

MelissaL 10-02-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 15243826)
Morning all~
Melissa! I wish you could have come! How's your ankle/foot?

Hmm.. October seems full for everyone!
Shoot.. short meeting.. BRB

Knee is much better, thanks. :-) Although now I have a cold, ugh. But DD is taking good care of me. :-)

For weekends: I work thanksgiving weekend (my birthday :( ) and have every other one off. We would have to play it by ear for a week day get together...depends on work/school. I will try as best as I can to get there!

I am sure Ina will drag me out by my hair if I welch again. lol

MelissaL 10-02-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 15255973)
Rubber Lovers

o.0 that sounds vaguely kinky.... rotfl

mommyof4boys 10-02-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

No webcam...:( but I'm sure we'll manage something. Videos perhaps...pics...phone calls...:p Although it might be worth getting one for a spot after LA Ink!!! :-D

mommyof4boys 10-02-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelissaL (Post 15256721)
Knee is much better, thanks. :-) Although now I have a cold, ugh. But DD is taking good care of me. :-)

For weekends: I work thanksgiving weekend (my birthday :( ) and have every other one off. We would have to play it by ear for a week day get together...depends on work/school. I will try as best as I can to get there!

I am sure Ina will drag me out by my hair if I welch again. lol

I'm glad to hear that your knee is feeling better Melissa but I'm sorry to hear about your cold. It's that season, and with the drastic weather change, that doesn't help much. I bet you and Ina are busy at work now.

LOL...I'm sure Ina won't drag you out by your hair...maybe by your toes. :p

tmalaryk 10-03-2009 04:51 AM

we'll be like this show (icarley) http://www.icarly.ca/

mommyof4boys 10-03-2009 06:32 AM

haha...Teresa, where'd you find that???

Sama 10-03-2009 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 15255973)
Rubber Lovers

OHMYGAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-D
I'm spewing coffeee right left and center!!!!!! aaahahahahahahahah!!!:mrgreen:

Sama 10-03-2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelissaL (Post 15256726)
o.0 that sounds vaguely kinky.... rotfl

VAGUELY???? LOL;)

Sama 10-03-2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Up...I do...never used it though...yet!(the laptop one) :mrgreen:

Sama 10-03-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46 (Post 15254142)
Paola, you really had me believing you were coming! I don't think the gals had any problem with me (at least they didn't say so to my face, and I haven't seen anything on this thread, te, hee) and I am older than you. As for a few extra pounds, I've got them too, and it just shows that we have healthy appetites for all that life has to offer!

**MUAWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH** Love YOUR way of thinking!! eehehhe;)