Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   Canada * Southern Ontario Coffee and Sugar Girls! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/canada-%2A-southern-ontario-coffee-sugar-girls-461096/)

2busyscrappin 07-21-2010 05:17 AM

You should email back and ask why is it necessary for you to give them you address...that makes no sense

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 17044870)
or they never read it at all!!

yellowrose46 07-21-2010 06:48 AM

Yes, it's far regardless. It takes me 1 1/2 hours to get to the Red Lobster you went to on Monday night.
However, I just want to let you know that I learned very little new information in my certification class. I did get to understand some things better. I follow Marianne Walker's blog and it has all the information that you will learn in a certification class, only, it is spread out over a lot of different postings. There are lots of on-line tutorials, so my advice would be to practice, practice, practice! Marianne's blog is as follows, just go to the archive's at the right hand side. http://ilikemarkers.blogspot.com/ Enjoy yourself!

sssdee 07-21-2010 07:12 AM

Hey Everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA (No you guys didn't scare me off haha)

Yesterday was a super busy day for me. Got poked and prodded @ the doctors yesterday. Apparently I was 30 mins late for my appointment - Someone called me last week and reconfirmed the time with me and so that's the time I went in for. I got a tentnas shot too yesterday (Dr. knows how much I hate needles and I wouldn't rebook/visit to come get one so she took the opportunity when I was vulnerable and nekkid LOL She knows me too well already and that's scary! I just got a new Dr. in March and this is my 2nd visit!)

Anyhoo, between the shot making me feel like crap and bootcamp being hardcore last night I feel like crapola!!! Ugh!

------------------------------------------------------------------

-I like S.O.S for a new name ;)

-Karen, they most likely want your address to mail you out a gift card! I've complained/complimented companies before and that's what they want it for. It's odd that they just don't come out and say it though.

-Hope you all are having a good hump day so far!

-(eta) Ina, I would gladly carpool with you for next month's meet up ;) I drive down to Brampton/Miss/Etobicoke frequently so I don't mind driving!

mommyof4boys 07-21-2010 08:29 AM

Hi Ladies!! Happy Hump Day!

Ina- we'll have fun stamping and colouring, and along the way if you can teach us some new tricks then it's all good! :-) I'm a complete Copics 'virgin' so I'm sure you can definately teach me a few techniques and stuff. Hopefully the 8th works for you still. And about noon is perfect since knowing us, we'll be up late the night before and it'll be at about that time that our coffee will kick in. :lol:

Karen- hopefully they're going to be sending you something! That's odd that they wouldn't reference your email in their response yet only ask for a mailing address. I don't see the harm in giving it to them, especially if Dion's right and they send you a gift card (just make sure you go to a different location to redeem it!) Thanks for joining my swap, I'll go over and add you just as soon as I finish here!

Dion- good to see you here girl!!! I was starting to think that we did scare you away!! Sorry to hear that you had a crappy day yesterday! My ds#4 got poked at the dr's yesterday too, so it was one of those days over here as well!

Michelle- hopefully things work out and you can come on the 7th/8th.

Christyne- I think we have our name since everyone likes S.O.S. -Southern Ontario Stampaholics...lol...does that sound like a cry for help???

Teresa- thanks for picking up my stuff!!! You're awesome!!!

Janet- thanks for the great deals! You rock!!! have fun in Montreal this weekend (it's this weekend that you're going right?)

Krissie- I'd go with your suggestion but then we'll just get bleeped out! lol :lol:

Suzanne- let me know when you finalize the Copics order and I can send you the funds. Thanks for doing this!!!

Melissa- I like blog princess/queen too...now that you've pointed it out, blogger does sound a little....unsavoury (I would've used a different word..lol)

WOW!!! This is a long post! If I forgot anyone...I'm sorry...I'm still having my coffee (it's been one of those mornings...) so my brain isn't fully functioning yet!

Have a good one ladies!

mommyof4boys 07-21-2010 09:02 AM

so for the 7/8th weekend...can I please get a show of hands of who's coming and/or sleeping over, please?

also, I'm just wondering, on the offchance that Ina can't make it because her dil and dgs's are coming, did you ladies still want to come over and make it a stamping slumber party type thing again.

let me know what your thoughts are...thanks.

2busyscrappin 07-21-2010 09:18 AM

Suzanne: I emailed you and Pm'd you and sent payment...lol...and I'm posting you here so you can't miss the messages...lol...

YOu are awesome thanks for doing this for me and DI!!!

Krissie84p 07-21-2010 09:51 AM

I like the S.O.S.....
or..... "the ladies who know a little too much about beads"
- your choice =)

queensuzanne 07-21-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 17046140)
so for the 7/8th weekend...can I please get a show of hands of who's coming and/or sleeping over, please?

also, I'm just wondering, on the offchance that Ina can't make it because her dil and dgs's are coming, did you ladies still want to come over and make it a stamping slumber party type thing again.

let me know what your thoughts are...thanks.

HAND

No problem Michelle...got your messages and email money.

corrosive69 07-21-2010 01:17 PM

Hey ladies....

wow...what a crazy week! Tonight is the only night i have free until i get back from Montreal! Tomorrow I work until 3 and then the not-bf is in a guitar contest (and one of the other contestants is my ex-husband...ugh), we sleep a few hours and leave for Montreal at 6am on friday morning. So if you need anything from me just send me an email (its too hard to get on SCS from my phone!) [email protected].

Thanks again ladies for buying some stuff...the extra money will be well spent in Montreal:) I will put a list up after Teresa buys some pads and re-inkers so you can fight amongst yourselves for them ;)

Ok...off to pack and shop and wait for Teresa to get here:)

As for the copic class, i have to work until 3 so i can't come...weekends pretty much suck for me, i only get one a month off and usually i already have plans...but have fun:)

hugs!

corrosive69 07-21-2010 01:18 PM

P.S.

S.O.S is a great name:)

tmalaryk 07-21-2010 05:31 PM

The eagle has landed.

mommyof4boys 07-21-2010 06:13 PM

lol Teresa! Glad that our mission was accomplished!

hmm...just wondering what those new little icons are...anyone???

Krissie84p 07-21-2010 06:17 PM

Ladies.... i went to michaels this evening and noticed they now have the Scotch ATG gun, and it's PINK. So with your 40% off (or 50%) coupon. Its a really good deal. =)

corrosive69 07-21-2010 06:18 PM

Good night everyone...i doubt i will be on tomorrow! Teresa it was good to see ya, now you know where i live you can come visit and play anytime you want:)
Hope you enjoy your stuff everyone! Thanks for helping me out ladies...:) If anyone wants stamp pads Teresa hardly took any!!

Talk to ya next week!!

hugs

mommyof4boys 07-21-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krissie84p (Post 17048721)
Ladies.... i went to michaels this evening and noticed they now have the Scotch ATG gun, and it's PINK. So with your 40% off (or 50%) coupon. Its a really good deal. =)

Really??? I just got mine!!! Man I should've held out..I REALLY like PINK!!! Darn it...do you remember how much it is originally before the coupie?

mommyof4boys 07-21-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corrosive69 (Post 17048730)
Good night everyone...i doubt i will be on tomorrow! Teresa it was good to see ya, now you know where i live you can come visit and play anytime you want:)
Hope you enjoy your stuff everyone! Thanks for helping me out ladies...:) If anyone wants stamp pads Teresa hardly took any!!

Talk to ya next week!!

hugs

Not a problem Janet...any time you want to get rid of your stuff for dirt cheap, you know where I am! lol :lol:

Have an awesome time on your trip! I know you've been looking forward to it and you're gonna have a blast!

Krissie84p 07-21-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 17048746)
Really??? I just got mine!!! Man I should've held out..I REALLY like PINK!!! Darn it...do you remember how much it is originally before the coupie?

$49.99 w/o the coupon and the refill tape is $16.99

mommyof4boys 07-21-2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krissie84p (Post 17048775)
$49.99 w/o the coupon and the refill tape is $16.99

SERIOUSLY???? That's an amazing price!!!! But what do you mean the refill tape is $16.99? Like for a box or a roll? I'm confused now....

Krissie84p 07-21-2010 06:37 PM

$16.99 for a box of 2 refill rolls (72 ft./each)

Krissie84p 07-21-2010 06:39 PM

heres a link of what the ATG looks like
So Excited!! NEW PINK ATG | Pink Cricut

sssdee 07-21-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krissie84p (Post 17048864)
heres a link of what the ATG looks like
So Excited!! NEW PINK ATG | Pink Cricut

EEEeeeeek I have to run out to my M's and get my hands on one of these!! I was going to order it online for the same price (w/ coupon) but the place I was going to order it from is known to have really slow ship out and shipping times!!! I am sooooo excited!! TFS!!

Diana, I have noooo idea what the little icons are. Has anyone clicked it yet?

Janet, I emailed you back :)

2busyscrappin 07-21-2010 06:49 PM

Wow! I'm gonna have to call to see if my Michaels got it in...very cool.

Well my support group was emotional today...lots going on but love going. It's a great outlet...

Saw my dad, he doing better since the stroke and I'm happy that he's laughing again.

I'm still waiting on my copic order though...I thought it would've arrived today but I probably won't get it until tomorrow or Friday...anxiously waiting!!! UGH!

2busyscrappin 07-21-2010 06:50 PM

Yeah I saw those too...I was like....were those there before and I didn't notice them or ae they new...or maybe they were always there and I finally realizd they were there until someone pointed them out....I was really confused when I saw themm....lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by sssdee (Post 17048917)
EEEeeeeek I have to run out to my M's and get my hands on one of these!! I was going to order it online for the same price (w/ coupon) but the place I was going to order it from is known to have really slow ship out and shipping times!!! I am sooooo excited!! TFS!!

Diana, I have noooo idea what the little icons are. Has anyone clicked it yet?

Janet, I emailed you back :)

ScrappingMommyof3 07-21-2010 09:48 PM

ACK!!! Does anyone NOT love pink and NOT care if their ATG is red?

I have to have that PINK ATG!!!!

You can have my red one for $20. Anyone? ANYONE???

mommyof4boys 07-21-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3 (Post 17049403)
ACK!!! Does anyone NOT love pink and NOT care if their ATG is red?

I have to have that PINK ATG!!!!

You can have my red one for $20. Anyone? ANYONE???

I totally agree...I'll sell mine too for $20 (of course the first person will get it from Christyne).

Although I have a question about the pink one...there are two types of atg's right? and only one will take the 1/4" adhesive...is this the same model that will? only asking cuz I like my adhesive to be thin.

mommyof4boys 07-21-2010 10:01 PM

Michelle- no those icons were not there before. I have no idea what they do.

Dion- I just put my cursor over it and it tells me what they mean but I still don't understand what they do.

Weird....maybe I'll try it out tomorrow...but in the mean time, I've gotta get my butt to bed. I was playing around with my copics and I possibly might be getting the hang of it but definately need more colours to blend. I don't have enough and am not good enough at it to just wing it.

Going to go to Mike's tomorrow and get some Momento ink (I thought I had some but I don't, I have the Adirondack ones and the lines were bleeding a little). Not sure if it's the cs that I'm using but to be on the safe side gonna get a black Momento. Then gonna hit Staples to get some cs to play around with. All before going to a baby pool party at a friend's house. Then gotta get home to wash and change the kids, then head to Jerry's parent's house for his dad's birthday. Yep...gonna be a long day!

Nite Ladies!

mommyof4boys 07-21-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 17049410)
I totally agree...I'll sell mine too for $20 (of course the first person will get it from Christyne).

Although I have a question about the pink one...there are two types of atg's right? and only one will take the 1/4" adhesive...is this the same model that will? only asking cuz I like my adhesive to be thin.

Google is a wonderful thing!!! lol :lol:

I've answered my own question: yes it is the same model as the 714 that holds the 1/4" adhesive....

tmalaryk 07-22-2010 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 17048697)
lol Teresa! Glad that our mission was accomplished!

hmm...just wondering what those new little icons are...anyone???

One of the little icons is for facebook.

tmalaryk 07-22-2010 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corrosive69 (Post 17048730)

Talk to ya next week!!

hugs

Thanks Janet, I will come back to visit!

stampinkaren 07-22-2010 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krissie84p (Post 17048721)

No way! PINK?!

stampinkaren 07-22-2010 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 17049410)

You just got yours!!!!!!

stampinkaren 07-22-2010 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krissie84p (Post 17048846)
$16.99 for a box of 2 refill rolls (72 ft./each)

Umm.. that's too expensive!!
Rolls at NHS media or uline are only $3.65 each.... and if yuo buy more you get a bigger discount.

Oh, that reminds me.. I need glue soon, and envies.. is anyone needing to stock up?

2busyscrappin 07-22-2010 04:39 AM

what kind of glue...? what size envie..?

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 17049851)
Umm.. that's too expensive!!
Rolls at NHS media or uline are only $3.65 each.... and if yuo buy more you get a bigger discount.

Oh, that reminds me.. I need glue soon, and envies.. is anyone needing to stock up?

stampinkaren 07-22-2010 05:14 AM

Haha - guess that would help right? I was thinking A2, A7, and 5.5" square envies. And looking at sleeves that allow you to open the card still - and then maybe some stationery boxes....... And the glue for the ATG -

ScrappingMommyof3 07-22-2010 06:15 AM

We have less than 50 posts to go till this thread "self-destructs"!

Everyone, check in here:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...l#post17050414

And we'll make the switch!!!

yellowrose46 07-22-2010 06:31 AM

O.K. Let's see how fast we can make this thread 'history'!

yellowrose46 07-22-2010 06:34 AM

My new avitar is a photo of the roses Melissa gave me for my birthday!

stampinkaren 07-22-2010 07:04 AM

So pretty Ina!!

ScrappingMommyof3 07-22-2010 07:52 AM

<-------- is now the proud owner of a pink ATG!!!!!

ScrappingMommyof3 07-22-2010 07:54 AM

Oh...and FYI, the box comes with two rolls in it. And the rolls are the acid free variety, so you can use it for SB too!