Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-15-2010, 04:10 AM   #4641  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like it went well...

Just because they are asking you what your expected salary is doesn't necessarily mean you'll be passed over...positive vibes girl positive vibes!

You may get a second interview you never know...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sssdeeView Post
LOL I'm late today!

Good evening!!

I had my interview @ 11am this morning. Arrived @ 10:30am as it's closer to home then I thought. So I sat in the car writing out their thank you cards in advance ( I was meeting with two people at once - nerves were at an all time high!!)
So I went in 10 mins early and they came out super quickly (Which is rare - normally companies make you wait forever!!) The HR mgr and the guy I would report into were both super nice and friendly. I was just sooooooo stinkin nervous I kept forgetting what I've rehearsed to say (LOL I need to do more interviews!) And to top it all off because I was stressing so much my left eye kept twitching (It still is every time I think about the interview - See there it goes lol ARGH!)
So I left the interview with an uneasy feeling. They asked me when can I start - I told them 2 weeks from now mainly because I have a Dr.s Appointment that I've been waiting forever for and I have another job that I'm hoping to be interviewed with (It's with dbf's company) And they also asked about salary. I know what they were looking at offering and it was a huge pay cut for me but I still went to the interview anyways. When they asked me the dreaded question, I was honest and told them what I was last making and said I would be willing to reduce it a bit (but still higher then what they are looking for)

So with my nervousness, my twitchy eye, start date and salary expectations I won't be too surprised if I am passed over!

Then I went to my Upline's house for a Girls afternoon out and just got home not too long ago.

That was my day. I'm hoping everyone elses went better =)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 04:22 AM   #4642  
Die Cut Diva

Oooo I like all the info...

I can do the 25th for sure!

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46View Post
For anyone wanting to buy copics.........here are some suggestions if you don't have any yet or are very limited in the number you have. For good blending, you need at least two, preferably three of the same color and tone to do a good job blending. For example if you like light blue, you could buy B10, B13 and B14....you need to keep the first number the same (that's the amount of grey in the colour) then the next number is the depth of color, and you should have those numbers being 2-3 numbers apart. number 1 is the lightest, with number 9 being very dark. So a B19 would be a very clear but very deep blue. Everyone needs a colorless blender and that is 0. For shadows, it is nice to have a number of grays. I have C1 (that is a light cool gray), C3 and C5. Then it also is nice to have a warm gray or two. I only have one at present and it is W2. Of course a lot of people will want a black and I have 110. Oh and everyone will need a color for skin tones. that is to your taste, because I find the skin white E00 is a bit on the yellow side for me, but it might work for you. I hope that helps a bit.
As for classes, if you want them on a weekend, my Saturdays are pretty booked up, and I do church on Sunday mornings, but I could do a Sunday afternoon. Think about it. I have Sunday, the 25th July and August 8 free in the afternoons. We'll talk about it on Monday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 04:32 AM   #4643  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Michelle, all the same places that have the caio markers also have the sketch markers at reduced prices.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 04:46 AM   #4644  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Ina!

Oh I know that dear.....and I did look at the prices and to be honest oozak was still cheaper...

I've actually been scouring around looking at the different cost for shipping to US. Oozak has the free shipping of 50.00 or more as well to US addy...

I did order marker from them and they offered shipping ina flat rate box that hold 28 makers for 11.70! I did the exchange rate and the shipping...about the same cost give or take a few pennies given the exchange rate...

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46View Post
Michelle, all the same places that have the caio markers also have the sketch markers at reduced prices.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 04:59 AM   #4645  
Die Cut Diva

Ciao markers at Oozak are 2.85

Just create a login with an email and password that's it and you'll see the preferred pricing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 05:45 AM   #4646  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2busyscrappinView Post
Does it absorb well and does it bleed through...?
Yes, it absorbs well...and I am not sure what you mean by bleed through? If you mean through the paper you want that, that is how you get your blending correct - in fact you check the back of your paper to make sure you have a good even coat. If you mean through the lines that is mostly technique. You bring the bead of ink from the tip of the marker just to, or even not quite to, the edge of the area that you are coloring so it will pool there. There are several good copic tutorials on youtube that outline basic techniques that you might want to check out.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 05:48 AM   #4647  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Question about the Neenah paper...where can you buy it...?
Scrapping Great Deals has it. It's expensive though. She has it for 45 cents per sheet.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 05:54 AM   #4648  
Die Cut Diva

Hey Melissa!

I was asking that question because if I did decide to create a single layer card I wouldn't want bleed through............

However I do understand that the more saturation the better the blending...I watched a video yesterday...so that was informative...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelissaLView Post
Yes, it absorbs well...and I am not sure what you mean by bleed through? If you mean through the paper you want that, that is how you get your blending correct - in fact you check the back of your paper to make sure you have a good even coat. If you mean through the lines that is mostly technique. You bring the bead of ink from the tip of the marker just to, or even not quite to, the edge of the area that you are coloring so it will pool there. There are several good copic tutorials on youtube that outline basic techniques that you might want to check out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 06:12 AM   #4649  
Mad Swapper

I think the only way to do a single layer using copic is to color your image and mount it onto the base. OR you could decorate the inside of the card to hide the backside of the coloring. *ponders*

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 06:29 AM   #4650  
Die Cut Diva

yay! Michelle's coming!! woohoo!!

the 8th works better for me since the 25th is the weekend that I usually do the boys birthday but we can talk about that on Monday.

I'll make the reservations for the Etobicoke location for 7pm!

did you want to order more markers with Suzanne and I, Michelle? anyone else?

All these tips are great ladies! Thank you so much! I've used my markers twice and am so intimidated yet so determined to learn how to use them properly since the results are amazing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 06:41 AM   #4651  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boysView Post
Hey Teresa...I just did a quick calculation, and your total is $30.70 so $30 is fine.

Oh and I went to Michaels today and they're having a sale on their open stock paper. The 99 cent ones are now 3 for $1. Anyways, i saw a couple of map ones but I wasn't sure what you were looking for. They had a brown tone one and a black and white one. Let me know if you want me to go and pick some up for you.

And if you remember, can you remind me to bring the punches for you on Monday. I've been a little forgetful lately.
I'm casing this card. Using the car design but my background will be a map. http://flowerbug.typepad.com/.a/6a00...0c8636c970b-pi so probably the black and white one would be perfect. I'll need enough for 12 cards...6 for you and 6 for me. Wow, I might be able to put this card together at the restaurant!...ok, I'll keep to just punching.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 06:41 AM   #4652  
Die Cut Diva

I wouldn't be able to do the class on the 8th...Rob is leaving for two weeks to see his kids and I've planned my mini vacay with him gone...lol...

I would but order with you guys but Oozak is cheaper...2.85 a ciao marker...

Quote:

yay! Michelle's coming!! woohoo!!

the 8th works better for me since the 25th is the weekend that I usually do the boys birthday but we can talk about that on Monday.

I'll make the reservations for the Etobicoke location for 7pm!

did you want to order more markers with Suzanne and I, Michelle? anyone else?

All these tips are great ladies! Thank you so much! I've used my markers twice and am so intimidated yet so determined to learn how to use them properly since the results are amazing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 06:43 AM   #4653  
Die Cut Diva

OMG that card is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmalarykView Post
I'm casing this card. Using the car design but my background will be a map. http://flowerbug.typepad.com/.a/6a00...0c8636c970b-pi so probably the black and white one would be perfect. I'll need enough for 12 cards...6 for you and 6 for me. Wow, I might be able to put this card together at the restaurant!...ok, I'll keep to just punching.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 06:51 AM   #4654  
Mad Swapper

Has anyone else seen this girls blog? Amazing and totally adorable punch art!

http://www.paperpunchaddiction.com/

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 06:57 AM   #4655  
Die Cut Diva

Wow is hr stuff ever super cute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 06:58 AM   #4656  
Die Cut Diva

Suzanne: When are you leaving and do plan to return...?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 07:33 AM   #4657  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmalarykView Post
I'm thinking that 3 sheets will be enough. They're 12 x 12 so you'll be able to get 4 - 5.5 x 4.25 pieces out of one (I don't know how big you're planning on making the background so I just calculated the biggest possible), therefore 3 will give you 12 pieces. Did you want me to go and get some for you?

That card is ADORABLE!!! Lucky me..I get one!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 07:34 AM   #4658  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I wouldn't be able to do the class on the 8th...Rob is leaving for two weeks to see his kids and I've planned my mini vacay with him gone...lol...

I would but order with you guys but Oozak is cheaper...2.85 a ciao marker...
yep...oozak is cheaper. I think that's where we're going to order from, Suzanne are you ok with that?? I'm starting to put my list together..lol.

we'll talk about the date of the class on Monday and depending on who's coming and what works better for the majority then we'll take it from there.

Last edited by mommyof4boys; 07-15-2010 at 07:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 07:37 AM   #4659  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Has anyone else seen this girls blog? Amazing and totally adorable punch art!

http://www.paperpunchaddiction.com/
OMG!!! I'm totally in LOVE with the little blue birdie!!

Now for those of you that haven't joined my swap, there's absolutely NO excuse now. You can get your ideas and inspiration from this blog! And if you don't have the punches, I'm pretty sure one of us does so we can bring it on Monday if you're ready to punch!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 07:39 AM   #4660  
Die Cut Diva

They are cute aren't they!!!!

Her tuts are pricey tho..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 07:39 AM   #4661  
Mad Swapper

So if you're bringing map paper for Teresa on Monday, Diana I don't need to? Or does she want a couple of designs to choose from?

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 07:40 AM   #4662  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

She has a bunch of free ones listed, and for the more expensive ones I think you get at least 4 or 5 designs, so I think it works out fairly cheaply, unless I misread it.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 07:47 AM   #4663  
Die Cut Diva

ya ya ya your right there are free one I missed it....going through them now
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 07:51 AM   #4664  
Mad Swapper

I love the Santa holding the Christmas tree. I'm so glad I have a tear drop hand punch now. Had no idea what to do with it before I found her site. lol

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 07:52 AM   #4665  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

YIKES!!! Step away from the computer for 12 hours and you guys have 3 pages of stuff you've been talking about!

Karen, I hope you find something that pays more. Good luck with your interviews.

Dion, I'll be you did better than you think. Crossing parts for you.

Janet, we'll miss you! Have fun when you go to Montreal.

Michelle, it's been FOREVER! It will be good to see you again!

Suzanne, are you going to CHA? If so, you're gonna have a BLAST!

Teresa, way to put the kid up to asking! LOL! I do that too!

Di, thanks for making the res! Etobicoke, 7 p.m., got it!

I think that covers all the individual stuff...as for Copics, I'm good. I have close to 100 Ciao/Sketch and 2 refills, so I'll pass for now.

Now...what's on tap for today???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 07:55 AM   #4666  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

you're a smart cookie...I'm sure you'll figure it out!! and with free tutorials, you have no excuse not to sign up! especially since I KNOW you have TONS of punches!!! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 07:57 AM   #4667  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

So if you're bringing map paper for Teresa on Monday, Diana I don't need to? Or does she want a couple of designs to choose from?
I guess you can bring the ones that you have and she can choose. I have to go to Mike's to pick up the paper for her.

Teresa- Melissa has paper for you (I totally forgot that she's offered), did you still want me to go and get the ones at Michaels? I don't mind and they're on sale now so 3 sheets will only be $1. Totally up to you, just let me know and I'll go tonight or tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 07:59 AM   #4668  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I love the Santa holding the Christmas tree. I'm so glad I have a tear drop hand punch now. Had no idea what to do with it before I found her site. lol
that sounds so cute! i saw one here that's similar...should I tempt you into a 2nd spot since you're doing your chickadee for your 1st spot??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 08:04 AM   #4669  
Die Cut Diva

ok so I just called Red Lobster and they don't take reservations. it's on a first come first serve basis (silly, I know) so it looks like we're gonna have to wing it and hope that they can accomodate such a large group.

Here's the info again:

1790 THE QUEENSWAY
ETOBICOKE ON M9C5H5
(416) 620-9990

We're aiming to be there for 7pm. For whoever gets there first, here's a head count (10 total):

Christyne
Krissie
Dion
Suzanne
Michelle
Ina
Melissa
Teresa
Karen
Me

If I forgot someone, I am soooo, sooo sorry...please add yourself!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 08:27 AM   #4670  
Die Cut Diva

LMBO! was that an underhanded, indirect BRIBE for your swap!!!!!!!?????

Still laughing...lol...

Quote:

you're a smart cookie...I'm sure you'll figure it out!! and with free tutorials, you have no excuse not to sign up! especially since I KNOW you have TONS of punches!!! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 08:28 AM   #4671  
Die Cut Diva

YOU TOOOOOOOOOO!!! so Excited!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3View Post
YIKES!!! Step away from the computer for 12 hours and you guys have 3 pages of stuff you've been talking about!

Karen, I hope you find something that pays more. Good luck with your interviews.

Dion, I'll be you did better than you think. Crossing parts for you.

Janet, we'll miss you! Have fun when you go to Montreal.

Michelle, it's been FOREVER! It will be good to see you again!

Suzanne, are you going to CHA? If so, you're gonna have a BLAST!

Teresa, way to put the kid up to asking! LOL! I do that too!

Di, thanks for making the res! Etobicoke, 7 p.m., got it!

I think that covers all the individual stuff...as for Copics, I'm good. I have close to 100 Ciao/Sketch and 2 refills, so I'll pass for now.

Now...what's on tap for today???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 08:33 AM   #4672  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

LMBO! was that an underhanded, indirect BRIBE for your swap!!!!!!!?????

Still laughing...lol...
nope...not a bribe and in no way was it intended to be underhanded or indirect. it's a blatant and completely direct request for you to go and join my swap!! lol..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 08:33 AM   #4673  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

ok so I just called Red Lobster and they don't take reservations. it's on a first come first serve basis (silly, I know) so it looks like we're gonna have to wing it and hope that they can accomodate such a large group.

Here's the info again:

1790 THE QUEENSWAY
ETOBICOKE ON M9C5H5
(416) 620-9990

We're aiming to be there for 7pm. For whoever gets there first, here's a head count (10 total):

Christyne
Krissie
Dion
Suzanne
Michelle
Ina
Melissa
Teresa
Karen
Me

If I forgot someone, I am soooo, sooo sorry...please add yourself!!
WOW!!!

That's our biggest group EVER! Cool beans!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 09:13 AM   #4674  
Die Cut Diva

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? I'll think about...lol

Quote:

nope...not a bribe and in no way was it intended to be underhanded or indirect. it's a blatant and completely direct request for you to go and join my swap!! lol..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 09:14 AM   #4675  
Die Cut Diva

Yeah hopefully they can accomidate that many in one section...

Quote:

WOW!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 09:25 AM   #4676  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? I'll think about...lol
Alright! That's all I can ask!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #4677  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

WOW!!!

YAY!!! Super excited!!!

Michelle's right, since they're not taking reservations, hopefully they can accomodate us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #4678  
Die Cut Diva

I hope it's a big one then we wouldn't need to worry....and it being on Monday it's shouldn't be that difficult right.....?

I probably just jinxed it....lol...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #4679  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I'm thinking that 3 sheets will be enough. They're 12 x 12 so you'll be able to get 4 - 5.5 x 4.25 pieces out of one (I don't know how big you're planning on making the background so I just calculated the biggest possible), therefore 3 will give you 12 pieces. Did you want me to go and get some for you?

That card is ADORABLE!!! Lucky me..I get one!!!
Brilliant! Thanks for helping me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #4680  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I hope it's a big one then we wouldn't need to worry....and it being on Monday it's shouldn't be that difficult right.....?

I probably just jinxed it....lol...
well when I talked to the girl and told her that we'd be a pretty big party, she said that she didn't think it would be a problem since Monday nights are generally not that busy for them. so hopefully that means that we're good...
Reply With Quote Likes