Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   Canada * Southern Ontario Coffee and Sugar Girls! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/canada-%2A-southern-ontario-coffee-sugar-girls-461096/)

sssdee 07-14-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2busyscrappin (Post 17007021)
There is a boot camp class at my gym and they told me it's awesome..so I might try it...I don't know we'll see...:rolleyes:

Try the boot camp class Michelle!!
I'm in actual boot camp (But I am tempted to check out my local gym's bootcamp when I am done this 8 week session)
www.bootycampfitness.com is what I am doing right now. Week 6/8 and seeing TONS of results!!

sssdee 07-14-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 17007408)
Oh...and yummmm...Ikea....meatballs.....what are you ladies doing tomorrow?? lol...I'm only half kidding you know! Just tell me when and which location and I'll be there!

LOL If only I saw this sooner HAHAHA jk!

I am always down for an Ikea trip!! mmmmm meatballs! and their gravy is good too haha

tmalaryk 07-14-2010 02:46 PM

Diana, Tomorrow Jacob has soccer practice so I thought I'd see if there is someone who could pick him up on the way to the game on Monday. If that fails I will ask my BIL.

stampinkaren 07-14-2010 02:48 PM

Hey all - Dion, how'd the interview go?
I'm in that process right now too... cross your fingers for me ladies!

I LOVE PTI paper, but shipping is rediculous! Suzanne, I will buy some from you if you have the space to bring back some white for me!! I can't wait until the in-laws retire and snowbird in FL (2 more years) then I can have everything shipped to them and they'll bring it back! yay!

Red Lobster - we're going to the Etobicoke location, right?

Um.. what else... oh, you guys are going button crazy. Diana, if you want buttons, I'll give you some of the ones I got ~ I"m no huge into buttons, but they went with the CS so i took them.

Um.. what else... I would LOVe to know if there's a thicker white CS. I don't like WW for card bases.

stampinkaren 07-14-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sssdee (Post 17011018)
I'm in actual boot camp (But I am tempted to check out my local gym's bootcamp when I am done this 8 week session)
www.bootycampfitness.com is what I am doing right now. Week 6/8 and seeing TONS of results!!

A girl on the softball team I play for is in bootycamp too. is it SERIOUS? I mean, will it kick my arse? I was thinkinga bout it but I'm a big baby and images of a drill sargeant screaming in my ears comes to mind.. LOL :roll:

sssdee 07-14-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3 (Post 17008044)
Good morning peeps! Happy Hump Day! What's on tap???

LOL I'm late today!

Good evening!!

I had my interview @ 11am this morning. Arrived @ 10:30am as it's closer to home then I thought. So I sat in the car writing out their thank you cards in advance ( I was meeting with two people at once - nerves were at an all time high!!)
So I went in 10 mins early and they came out super quickly (Which is rare - normally companies make you wait forever!!) The HR mgr and the guy I would report into were both super nice and friendly. I was just sooooooo stinkin nervous I kept forgetting what I've rehearsed to say (LOL I need to do more interviews!) And to top it all off because I was stressing so much my left eye kept twitching (It still is every time I think about the interview - See there it goes lol ARGH!)
So I left the interview with an uneasy feeling. They asked me when can I start - I told them 2 weeks from now mainly because I have a Dr.s Appointment that I've been waiting forever for and I have another job that I'm hoping to be interviewed with (It's with dbf's company) And they also asked about salary. I know what they were looking at offering and it was a huge pay cut for me but I still went to the interview anyways. When they asked me the dreaded question, I was honest and told them what I was last making and said I would be willing to reduce it a bit (but still higher then what they are looking for)

So with my nervousness, my twitchy eye, start date and salary expectations I won't be too surprised if I am passed over! :(

Then I went to my Upline's house for a Girls afternoon out and just got home not too long ago.

That was my day. I'm hoping everyone elses went better =)

sssdee 07-14-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 17011045)

I just typed a long winded post about it below. Grab a drink as you'll need one LOL

I hope you have better experiences then I did!! I am crossing my fingers and toes for you!!

stampinkaren 07-14-2010 02:57 PM

Aww. I'm sorry that the job doesn't pay what you want it to.
I took 10K less to be where I'm at right now and that is/was hard to swallow but I was out of work and needed a job, so I dind't have much choice.

I figured that they were filling a position that I was a bit overqualified for due to the salary and now that I've been there 3 months I KNOW that I'm overqualified for this job. I think the thing that really proved it to me though was when my office manager, when I asked him a question the first few weeks I was there drew me a picture of a dump truck.

sssdee 07-14-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 17011050)
A girl on the softball team I play for is in bootycamp too. is it SERIOUS? I mean, will it kick my arse? I was thinkinga bout it but I'm a big baby and images of a drill sargeant screaming in my ears comes to mind.. LOL :roll:

It's intense but not like drill sergeant intense. They motivate you but don't yell or anything. Really you are either working your booty off or not. It's benefiting yourself - They get paid regardless you know?

Seriously, I was super reluctant to join at first (I started in May for my 1st 4 week course) as I don't take well to discipline like that LOL (How about you give me 20 push ups instead LOL is what I thought I would be saying) but they are so not like that. They are really easy going and friendly.
Plus they want you to do things are you own pace and not force yourself to the max (Like I did and I got shin splints - I thought the feeling of burning was supposed to be good in my shins but apparently those werent good pains LOL)

I also have seen LOTS of results myself and in others! (And to be honest, I haven't even been eating better or exercising on days off like they recommend shhhhhhh LOL)

I am not too sure where you are located but we have a bring-a-buddy class next Tuesday and Thursday if you or anyone else is interested (You can even bring a friend if you want too - There is a contest and the person who brings the most "buddies" wins a free 4 week session. I am dying to win that since the lack of work situations has left me cash strapped and I can't afford to go back again!) It's in the evening.

tmalaryk 07-14-2010 03:04 PM

After reading my above post I decided that was complicated and had Jacob call his Uncle to take him to the game. Done. I'm totally in now for sure.

stampinkaren 07-14-2010 03:09 PM

that would be awesome, but Cambridge is a taaad far for me since I'm in Toronto.. lol

Way to go T! Make the boy do it and it will be impossible for Uncle to say no!

tmalaryk 07-14-2010 03:23 PM

Karen, that's what I did! He's even taking him to practice tomorrow and I didn't even ask for that!

tmalaryk 07-14-2010 03:26 PM

Diana, what is the total for what I ordered? I want to put it together along with other things for Monday. :wink:

queensuzanne 07-14-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 17010617)
that could work as well. yay!!! that's means that we need to get our order together pretty quickly though so maybe you can double check with your hotel Suzanne that you can get deliveries before you check in, otherwise we'd have to time the shipping to get there when you're there.

so...anyone else want in on copics??

Ina, can you ask Melissa for that site asap?

I'd be in for some for sure!

Krissie84p 07-14-2010 04:51 PM

That copic website you ladies are think of is http://www.carpediemstore.com/

I also hit the Curry's store today and realized they have student discounts, so ciao markers end up $3.59 (which isnt too bad). Let me know about a copic class, if there is one. I just started on copic and totally need HELP!. G'nite!

mommyof4boys 07-14-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sssdee (Post 17011025)
LOL If only I saw this sooner HAHAHA jk!

I am always down for an Ikea trip!! mmmmm meatballs! and their gravy is good too haha

yyuuummmm....I'm drooling although I'm so stuffed! I can always go for Ikea meatballs and gravy.

mommyof4boys 07-14-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 17011045)

I LOVE PTI paper, but shipping is rediculous! Suzanne, I will buy some from you if you have the space to bring back some white for me!! I can't wait until the in-laws retire and snowbird in FL (2 more years) then I can have everything shipped to them and they'll bring it back! yay!

Red Lobster - we're going to the Etobicoke location, right?

Um.. what else... oh, you guys are going button crazy. Diana, if you want buttons, I'll give you some of the ones I got ~ I"m no huge into buttons, but they went with the CS so i took them.

Um.. what else... I would LOVe to know if there's a thicker white CS. I don't like WW for card bases.

Thanks Karen...you guys are so nice to me!!

If Michelle comes then we're gonna go to the Etobicoke location since it's closer for her to take the subway, but if not then it doesn't really matter. Should we just do Etobicoke?

yes, if anyone can recommend a thicker white for cardbases that would be great. ITA with Karen that WW is just too flimsy.

mommyof4boys 07-14-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmalaryk (Post 17011218)
Diana, what is the total for what I ordered? I want to put it together along with other things for Monday. :wink:

I haven't calculated exactly how much it was but it was around $30. I'll let you know the exact total as soon as the kiddies go to bed and I can pull up the invoice.

mommyof4boys 07-14-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by queensuzanne (Post 17011273)
I'd be in for some for sure!

cool!! now we just have to decide on where to get them and how many to get.

mommyof4boys 07-14-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krissie84p (Post 17011682)

I also hit the Curry's store today and realized they have student discounts, so ciao markers end up $3.59 (which isnt too bad). Let me know about a copic class, if there is one. I just started on copic and totally need HELP!. G'nite!

Thanks Krissie...they are a bit cheaper than the site I found but we can't customize the sets. I didn't check to see if the individual prices are cheaper. Gotta go back and do that..lol.

mommyof4boys 07-14-2010 05:05 PM

As for the boot camp discussion...my sister did it and lost some weight and really toned down. She looks awesome and I'm jealous!! I looked into joining one too but it's so expensive! Kudos to you Dion for doing it! It sounds so intimidating and scary but I know it's worth it.

Sorry to hear that your interview didn't go as well as you hoped. But that just means that it wasn't meant to be and there are bigger and better things out there for you.

Karen- what do you mean you're in that position too??

mommyof4boys 07-14-2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmalaryk (Post 17011115)
After reading my above post I decided that was complicated and had Jacob call his Uncle to take him to the game. Done. I'm totally in now for sure.

woohoo!!! yay!!! Teresa's 100% in!!

corrosive69 07-14-2010 05:18 PM

Hi ladies...

just checking in...i don't think i will make it on Monday, i should save my gas and money for Montreal...have fun though...

hugs

mommyof4boys 07-14-2010 05:22 PM

Hey Teresa...I just did a quick calculation, and your total is $30.70 so $30 is fine.

Oh and I went to Michaels today and they're having a sale on their open stock paper. The 99 cent ones are now 3 for $1. Anyways, i saw a couple of map ones but I wasn't sure what you were looking for. They had a brown tone one and a black and white one. Let me know if you want me to go and pick some up for you.

And if you remember, can you remind me to bring the punches for you on Monday. I've been a little forgetful lately.

mommyof4boys 07-14-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corrosive69 (Post 17011864)
Hi ladies...

just checking in...i don't think i will make it on Monday, i should save my gas and money for Montreal...have fun though...

hugs

sorry that we're gonna miss you again...have fun in Montreal though! Drive safe!

mommyof4boys 07-14-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Individual prices ARE cheaper here!! Thanks Krissie...now I need help with my list. What colours do you ladies use more? What blends well? eeekkk...there are so many to choose from!!!

I think we're going to talk about dates for the copics class on Monday. It's really up to Ina since she's our teacher. But she's said that we're gonna do it before she goes on her trip so that means it'll probably be sometime at the end of this month or in August. I definately need help too!

stampinkaren 07-14-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmalaryk (Post 17011200)
Karen, that's what I did! He's even taking him to practice tomorrow and I didn't even ask for that!

They're hard to resist them kiddos....;)

stampinkaren 07-14-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 17011776)
As for the boot camp discussion...my sister did it and lost some weight and really toned down. She looks awesome and I'm jealous!! I looked into joining one too but it's so expensive! Kudos to you Dion for doing it! It sounds so intimidating and scary but I know it's worth it.

Sorry to hear that your interview didn't go as well as you hoped. But that just means that it wasn't meant to be and there are bigger and better things out there for you.

Karen- what do you mean you're in that position too??

Ah.. if its too pricey then its a no go for me.. I'm in the poorhouse lately.
And obviously my workplace doesn't know but I've got a couple of interviews coming up.

stampinkaren 07-14-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corrosive69 (Post 17011864)
Hi ladies...

hugs

I mean this in the most loving way possible but... I coulda guess that! :wink:

mommyof4boys 07-14-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 17012269)
Ah.. if its too pricey then its a no go for me.. I'm in the poorhouse lately.
And obviously my workplace doesn't know but I've got a couple of interviews coming up.

yep...it's something like $200+ for 6 weeks, 2 nights each week, or $300+ for 3 nights a week. It was ridiculously early here too ...like 5:30 in the morning. I guess for those that work, it would give them time to go home and shower and make it to work. There were evening classes too but I think those were even more expensive. It might be different where you are, and I'm sure prices vary depending on the company.

stampinkaren 07-14-2010 06:50 PM

Yikes.. that is expensive.
I'll stick with Wii Punch Out for now... and no joke, that game can kick arse.

2busyscrappin 07-14-2010 07:32 PM

Hi all just got home from my wednesday nite outing.

I'll read up in the morning and get caught up I'm really tired.

Nite all

mommyof4boys 07-14-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 17012391)
Yikes.. that is expensive.
I'll stick with Wii Punch Out for now... and no joke, that game can kick arse.

no kidding!

wii punch out??? is that boxing for the wii?

MelissaL 07-14-2010 08:27 PM

Actually, the site that I think Ina was thinking of was www.eclecticpaperie.com . They do have copics, Ciaos are 3.00 and they ship to Canada for a very reasonable price.

Quote:

yellowrose46 07-14-2010 10:23 PM

For anyone wanting to buy copics.........here are some suggestions if you don't have any yet or are very limited in the number you have. For good blending, you need at least two, preferably three of the same color and tone to do a good job blending. For example if you like light blue, you could buy B10, B13 and B14....you need to keep the first number the same (that's the amount of grey in the colour) then the next number is the depth of color, and you should have those numbers being 2-3 numbers apart. number 1 is the lightest, with number 9 being very dark. So a B19 would be a very clear but very deep blue. Everyone needs a colorless blender and that is 0. For shadows, it is nice to have a number of grays. I have C1 (that is a light cool gray), C3 and C5. Then it also is nice to have a warm gray or two. I only have one at present and it is W2. Of course a lot of people will want a black and I have 110. Oh and everyone will need a color for skin tones. that is to your taste, because I find the skin white E00 is a bit on the yellow side for me, but it might work for you. I hope that helps a bit.
As for classes, if you want them on a weekend, my Saturdays are pretty booked up, and I do church on Sunday mornings, but I could do a Sunday afternoon. Think about it. I have Sunday, the 25th July and August 8 free in the afternoons. We'll talk about it on Monday.

2busyscrappin 07-15-2010 03:34 AM

I'm not interested in the ciaos because they hold less ink.. sketch for me is what I'll use because I know that once I use them I'll be using them all the time...I like the color coding on the caps and they don't roll around all over th table :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 17010294)
I just remembered that my sister is going to New Jersey in August so if you ladies want we can put together an order and get it shipped to my cousin's house (that's where she'll be staying) and she can get it for us.

Here's the cheapest website that I found...they ship in the US only. We can customize a set of 72 ciao's for $3 each...anyone interested??

http://www.copicmarkers.com/storefro...37&i=240085414

2busyscrappin 07-15-2010 03:37 AM

Good morning! I'm coming on Monday! rescheduled an appointment I'm good to go...

2busyscrappin 07-15-2010 03:39 AM

Does it absorb well and does it bleed through...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelissaL (Post 17009473)
Whisper White has a coating that is known to damage the tips of Copics over time. They don't recommend it.

I have used the Staples 110 card stock and it works well.

2busyscrappin 07-15-2010 03:53 AM

Question about the Neenah paper...where can you buy it...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46 (Post 17009767)
Dion, I hope your interview went well.
Di, I have a huge bottle of buttons......will bring them on Monday.
Michelle, in the copics certification class, the preferred paper seemed to be the Neenah, then the PTI, and Gina K pure luxury. On the list of 'you can use this but we don't recommend it' are Staples 110 lb cardstock, and Georgia Pacific white. The last two are the ones I use all the time (due to cost) and I seem to have good results. The ink is supposed to bleed through to the back. SU whisper white is not recommended because it has a coating that will, over time, damage the tips of the brushes. Walmart sells Georgia Pacific in the U.S. but I haven't seen it here in Canada at the Walmart stores. Never use watercolor papers as they soak up too much ink and the ink will spread.
Also the prefered inks are Tsukineko Memento inks or the Brilliance ink, Ranger Adirondack inks, Amuse Dye or Stewart Superior Palette Noir. I use the Memento Tuxedo black and I get them for $4.99 at Hobby Lobby in the U.S. My regret is that they don't have reinkers, so you have to keep buying new pads.

2busyscrappin 07-15-2010 04:05 AM

I think that is what this is...it's 8 week session and sign up are limited to only so many people...I'll look into it... My life is stressful a little boot camp might help... :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sssdee (Post 17011018)