Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-14-2010, 05:25 AM   #4561  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That IS a busy day Michelle!

Not much going on here...laundry, kitchen, iron...same old housewife stuff - LOL!

This evening, though, I get to go out and play with my Caroline at her studio - WOOT!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 06:11 AM   #4562  
Die Cut Diva

I still have to go to the laundrymat to wash my couch covers...but I need Rob to help me with that...but yea I'm trying to work on some CAS cards and I'm feeling a little pressured....

If I do only an image with one layer of embelly how much she I charge for 1..? I was thinking 2.50

I was thinking 6pk for 12
and so on.....I dunno what to here...

Also I am curious do you know or anyone know what cardstock they are happy with when using copics...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3View Post
That IS a busy day Michelle!

Not much going on here...laundry, kitchen, iron...same old housewife stuff - LOL!

This evening, though, I get to go out and play with my Caroline at her studio - WOOT!

Last edited by 2busyscrappin; 07-14-2010 at 06:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 06:14 AM   #4563  
Die Cut Diva

Oh and does Stampin Up now have 110lb cardstock..?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 06:21 AM   #4564  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello all!
Looking forward to next Monday...we are doing Red Lobster for sure right? So yummy!
A little jealous that I missed all your good stuff Michelle...probably a blessing in a way since I need to purge myself! You will definately love your copics when you get them...it took me a while to warm up to them, and there is definately a learning curve. I found that I didn't use my first set much...until I got more so I could blend the colors more. Now can't live without them.
My room is NOWHERE near Diana's or Michelle's....I have the spare bedroom in my condo...so a decent amount of space. I'd love to have an "injection" of cash to "move out" and have cupboards and tables put in...storage and workspace galore. But what if I wanna sell the condo, then I'm stuck with cupboards in the spare bedroom. Not exactly a selling feature!
Mr. BoJangles got a haircut yesterday....he looks so cute! (He's my little dog for those of you that don't know!)
Laundry is in...dishes in the dishwasher (how did I ever live without one?!) Now I just need to do the rest of the piled up housework! Sounds so simple!

http://www.treasured-crafts.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 06:22 AM   #4565  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2busyscrappinView Post
Also I am curious do you know or anyone know what cardstock they are happy with when using copics...?
I am a hardcore PTI paper lover...it's heavy weight and takes the copics well.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 06:29 AM   #4566  
Die Cut Diva

Yeah I've heard how good it is...but isn't the cost of shipping insane though...

Quote:

Originally Posted by queensuzanneView Post
I am a hardcore PTI paper lover...it's heavy weight and takes the copics well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 06:33 AM   #4567  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Suzanne!

Yeah I'm sorry you couldn't make it out tooo...I was hoping to see you but no worries I'm sure we'll see each other soon.

I still have stuff left over and am thinking about 1 more day. Most of the paper was scooped up though...lol...I do have lots of 6x6 paper packs for 2.00 still left over and 8x8 paper pack, some scrapping albums for 2.00...I still have quite a bit stuff left over...

Quote:

Hello all!
Looking forward to next Monday...we are doing Red Lobster for sure right? So yummy!
A little jealous that I missed all your good stuff Michelle...probably a blessing in a way since I need to purge myself! You will definately love your copics when you get them...it took me a while to warm up to them, and there is definately a learning curve. I found that I didn't use my first set much...until I got more so I could blend the colors more. Now can't live without them.
My room is NOWHERE near Diana's or Michelle's....I have the spare bedroom in my condo...so a decent amount of space. I'd love to have an "injection" of cash to "move out" and have cupboards and tables put in...storage and workspace galore. But what if I wanna sell the condo, then I'm stuck with cupboards in the spare bedroom. Not exactly a selling feature!
Mr. BoJangles got a haircut yesterday....he looks so cute! (He's my little dog for those of you that don't know!)
Laundry is in...dishes in the dishwasher (how did I ever live without one?!) Now I just need to do the rest of the piled up housework! Sounds so simple!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 07:56 AM   #4568  
Die Cut Diva

Michelle- I LOVE flowers so if you have any left over, I'm willing to donate more to your Copics fund! I didn't see the buttons , must've been so overwhelmed with all the big stuff that I missed the little stuff! I got 3 of the 6 x 6 paperpacks that you had though, remember? But don't remember the buttons.

Where do you get your buttons?? I think the prices at Michael's is ridiculous so I'm not gonna go there....

Christyne- not doing much of anything today. Might try to do some more weeding but that will be in the early evening since there's no way in heck that I'm gardening in this heat. Got a load of laundry going, gotta unload the dishwasher, and that's about it. Maybe I'll take a trip out to FabricLand or something and see if they have buttons..lol.

Suzanne- I can't wait for Monday either. Yes, we're going to Red Lobster!!! Woohoo...location is yet to be determined though. If Michelle is coming then we're going to the Etobicoke location since it's easier for her to get to via subway, but if not then I think the Mississauga location is more convenient for most.

Dion- good luck today!!!

Teresa- any news about arrangements for Jacob on Monday???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 08:08 AM   #4569  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Yeah I've heard how good it is...but isn't the cost of shipping insane though...
Michelle...
I use the Gina K. Pure Luxury Cardstock ($6.95 for 25 sheets). The shipping is pretty good, especially to canada. Its 5.95 shipping for $50+ orders. I think its pretty good. If you come on monday i can give you a sheet and you can test it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 08:24 AM   #4570  

Quote:

Oh and does Stampin Up now have 110lb cardstock..?
I'm not sure of the weight on the cardstock, but I do know that I use our Whisper White with Copics all the time and it holds up beautifully!

I'm placing an order at the end of the month and am happy to order you a pack if you like.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 08:47 AM   #4571  
Die Cut Diva

I'll see what I can scrounge up...lol..you so cute...I'll rifle through for buttons...did you get the bazzill 6x6 paper pack...?

there ws a lot of stuff and you had the babies too with you...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boysView Post
Michelle- I LOVE flowers so if you have any left over, I'm willing to donate more to your Copics fund! I didn't see the buttons , must've been so overwhelmed with all the big stuff that I missed the little stuff! I got 3 of the 6 x 6 paperpacks that you had though, remember? But don't remember the buttons.

Where do you get your buttons?? I think the prices at Michael's is ridiculous so I'm not gonna go there....

Christyne- not doing much of anything today. Might try to do some more weeding but that will be in the early evening since there's no way in heck that I'm gardening in this heat. Got a load of laundry going, gotta unload the dishwasher, and that's about it. Maybe I'll take a trip out to FabricLand or something and see if they have buttons..lol.

Suzanne- I can't wait for Monday either. Yes, we're going to Red Lobster!!! Woohoo...location is yet to be determined though. If Michelle is coming then we're going to the Etobicoke location since it's easier for her to get to via subway, but if not then I think the Mississauga location is more convenient for most.

Dion- good luck today!!!

Teresa- any news about arrangements for Jacob on Monday???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #4572  
Die Cut Diva

That would be awesome of you if you could bring me a sample sheet..

What about the PTI ? any experience with it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krissie84pView Post
Michelle...
I use the Gina K. Pure Luxury Cardstock ($6.95 for 25 sheets). The shipping is pretty good, especially to canada. Its 5.95 shipping for $50+ orders. I think its pretty good. If you come on monday i can give you a sheet and you can test it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 08:54 AM   #4573  
Die Cut Diva

I hear a rumour that SU has 110lb cardstock or they are introducing it...I read it in a thread somewhere this morning....

I have a couple sheets left of the whisper white so I'll try that too...thanks for the offer hun!

I did order through Di and it should be in soon, but if you could ask Caroline about the cardstock and find out if it true or if its only the US that'll carry it....I would appreciate it an definitive answer if I could get one

With the WW doesn't it blead through tho..?

Quote:

I'm not sure of the weight on the cardstock, but I do know that I use our Whisper White with Copics all the time and it holds up beautifully!

I'm placing an order at the end of the month and am happy to order you a pack if you like.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 09:00 AM   #4574  
Die Cut Diva

Yep, the babies were definately a distraction...but I still managed to spend almost 2 hours there and didn't see the buttons! I'm not sure if it was the Bazzil 6x6 pks that I got but they were in a box for $2...one was all bright colours, one earth tones, and one pattern. Thanks for looking for me...lol...if you can find more that would be great! If not, just point me in the direction of where I can get them.

Oh...and remember I asked you about ordering another ScorPal? Are you ordering anything any time soon? I can't remember if there were embellies there or was it just tools? Maybe we can put together an order soon?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 09:01 AM   #4575  

It does bleed through, so if you're doing a single layer card and using WW, it won't work. If you're going to layer it on something else, then you're good to go!

I just called Caroline and she isn't aware of new cardstock, but she's been pretty busy and hasn't had a whole lot of online time.

Can you link me up to the thread?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 09:02 AM   #4576  
Mad Swapper

As Ina mentioned, I switched days to nights this weekends so I can do a tentative yes for Red Lobster on Monday. DH is always nagging me to get out more and visit with with the girls. I tend to be inclined to stay home, but even I'll venture out for seafood. lol

Congrats on your new copic set, Michelle! I love them and am adding to my collection gradually. One tip: You can often find ladies on SCS that are selling doubles of their markers and they are often willing to ship to Canada. I'm still sorting and petting my new goodies.

It's funny that we all sort of have the "I wishes..." mine is I wish I had snagged more of those handmade paper pads. lol Flipping through them I got SO many ideas broiling for cards.

I've made a color chart on Excel that is just for the Ciao colors that you can use for a hand color chart if you want to. If anyone wants it let me know your email and I can send it to you or I'll bring some Monday.

I'll also bring that paper for you, Teresa.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 09:04 AM   #4577  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I hear a rumour that SU has 110lb cardstock or they are introducing it...I read it in a thread somewhere this morning....

I have a couple sheets left of the whisper white so I'll try that too...thanks for the offer hun!

I did order through Di and it should be in soon, but if you could ask Caroline about the cardstock and find out if it true or if its only the US that'll carry it....I would appreciate it an definitive answer if I could get one

With the WW doesn't it blead through tho..?
Whisper White has a coating that is known to damage the tips of Copics over time. They don't recommend it.

I have used the Staples 110 card stock and it works well.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 09:17 AM   #4578  
Polyshrink Goddess

Michelle - The PTI shipping is a little pricier, but well worth it. I always order with my friend Rose and share the cost. I don't remember the amount, but they offer a shipping discount if you order more....something tells me it's $100, but don't quote me on that! I am going to CHA in a couple of weeks and plan to stock up too! So exciting! If you are coming on Monday I can easily bring you a sample to see what works best for your copics.......you will find that all paper is going to get bleed through with them though, you are probably not blending enough if you are not.

Diana - Try WALMART for buttons! They have a mixed package in the sewing section for about $3...it's a good start of mixed buttons and lots of fun to sort through when you get them home. I got one of those packages and have a bunch of buttons that were my grandmothers....plus some packages from PTI and I seem to have more than I need! Look in the sewing section before the scrapbooking section....same buttons, but they seem to overprice them for paper crafters! Jerks! LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 09:18 AM   #4579  
Die Cut Diva

woohoo!! Hopefully you can make it Melissa! It would be great to see you again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 09:24 AM   #4580  
Mad Swapper

Heck if you all have a button addiction I should bring my button box for you to dig through. TONS of buttons.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #4581  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelissaLView Post
Heck if you all have a button addiction I should bring my button box for you to dig through. TONS of buttons.
Would love that......I don't use them all that often, but I just love a nice button! You rock!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #4582  
Die Cut Diva

Gotto go to my 2pm appoint. be back later ladies...!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 09:39 AM   #4583  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Michelle - The PTI shipping is a little pricier, but well worth it. I always order with my friend Rose and share the cost. I don't remember the amount, but they offer a shipping discount if you order more....something tells me it's $100, but don't quote me on that! I am going to CHA in a couple of weeks and plan to stock up too! So exciting! If you are coming on Monday I can easily bring you a sample to see what works best for your copics.......you will find that all paper is going to get bleed through with them though, you are probably not blending enough if you are not.

Diana - Try WALMART for buttons! They have a mixed package in the sewing section for about $3...it's a good start of mixed buttons and lots of fun to sort through when you get them home. I got one of those packages and have a bunch of buttons that were my grandmothers....plus some packages from PTI and I seem to have more than I need! Look in the sewing section before the scrapbooking section....same buttons, but they seem to overprice them for paper crafters! Jerks! LOL
Thanks Suzanne! I'll definately give that a try. I just got into buttons so I've gotta build up my inventory! lol. That's what I was saying about Michaels...they look like regular buttons but are so darn expensive, that's why I was going to check out Fabricland and other sewing stores. Figured they'd be way cheaper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 09:40 AM   #4584  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

ooooohhhhh...that would be AWESOME!!! Now you definately HAVE to come on Monday! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #4585  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Gotto go to my 2pm appoint. be back later ladies...!
Have fun! Hopefully you were able to make your CAS cards and figure out the pricing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 10:04 AM   #4586  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Dion, I hope your interview went well.
Di, I have a huge bottle of buttons......will bring them on Monday.
Michelle, in the copics certification class, the preferred paper seemed to be the Neenah, then the PTI, and Gina K pure luxury. On the list of 'you can use this but we don't recommend it' are Staples 110 lb cardstock, and Georgia Pacific white. The last two are the ones I use all the time (due to cost) and I seem to have good results. The ink is supposed to bleed through to the back. SU whisper white is not recommended because it has a coating that will, over time, damage the tips of the brushes. Walmart sells Georgia Pacific in the U.S. but I haven't seen it here in Canada at the Walmart stores. Never use watercolor papers as they soak up too much ink and the ink will spread.
Also the prefered inks are Tsukineko Memento inks or the Brilliance ink, Ranger Adirondack inks, Amuse Dye or Stewart Superior Palette Noir. I use the Memento Tuxedo black and I get them for $4.99 at Hobby Lobby in the U.S. My regret is that they don't have reinkers, so you have to keep buying new pads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #4587  
Die Cut Diva

That would be great! Thanks Ina!

When are you leaving for Texas? Did you want to do the Copics class before or after you leave? Maybe if we put together an order for Copics, you can pick them up for us. I know that they're way cheaper in the States.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #4588  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm probably not going to Texas now until September (maybe August). We will do the copics class before then. I think right now, your best bet to buy copics is at Woolfits on Queen Street, right near Dufferin. Check some U.S. on-line sources and see if they are cheaper. Of course, I guess if we buy 'en-mass' from a cheap place in the U.S. shipping would be free. Do you want Ciaos or Sketches?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #4589  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46View Post
I'm probably not going to Texas now until September (maybe August). We will do the copics class before then. I think right now, your best bet to buy copics is at Woolfits on Queen Street, right near Dufferin. Check some U.S. on-line sources and see if they are cheaper. Of course, I guess if we buy 'en-mass' from a cheap place in the U.S. shipping would be free. Do you want Ciaos or Sketches?
I have the Ciaos. I was thinking that if we all combined our orders, there are places that have reduced pricing for "bulk buys". I'm in no hurry to get them, so if you don't mind, and if others want them as well then we can wait till you go to Texas. But if I'm the only one that wants them, then I'll just get them locally.

As for the Copics class, let me know what weekend works for you and we can do it then.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 11:37 AM   #4590  
Die Cut Diva

I just remembered that my sister is going to New Jersey in August so if you ladies want we can put together an order and get it shipped to my cousin's house (that's where she'll be staying) and she can get it for us.

Here's the cheapest website that I found...they ship in the US only. We can customize a set of 72 ciao's for $3 each...anyone interested??

http://www.copicmarkers.com/storefro...37&i=240085414
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 11:41 AM   #4591  
Die Cut Diva

Okay I'm back and I'll be gone again in 40 minutes...I walked to my appointment...I must be crazy...UGH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 11:50 AM   #4592  
Die Cut Diva

The bazzill cardstock packs are smaller than the pack you got.....the pack was inside one of the albums....it's textured cardstock...anyways...I didn't realize it either...when you came I was not fully prepared to open shop...I put out most what I had already packed up in boxes...

There is no more of those...all sold...

Yup I remember...I haven't decided when I'm putting an order through maybe the beginning of August...no they don't carry embellies...

Quote:

Yep, the babies were definately a distraction...but I still managed to spend almost 2 hours there and didn't see the buttons! I'm not sure if it was the Bazzil 6x6 pks that I got but they were in a box for $2...one was all bright colours, one earth tones, and one pattern. Thanks for looking for me...lol...if you can find more that would be great! If not, just point me in the direction of where I can get them.

Oh...and remember I asked you about ordering another ScorPal? Are you ordering anything any time soon? I can't remember if there were embellies there or was it just tools? Maybe we can put together an order soon?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #4593  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I just remembered that my sister is going to New Jersey in August so if you ladies want we can put together an order and get it shipped to my cousin's house (that's where she'll be staying) and she can get it for us.

Here's the cheapest website that I found...they ship in the US only. We can customize a set of 72 ciao's for $3 each...anyone interested??

http://www.copicmarkers.com/storefro...37&i=240085414
Diana, I think Melissa has the name of a web site that has them even cheaper than that. It is also in the U.S.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 12:11 PM   #4594  
Die Cut Diva

I've been trying to search for this thread and I can't find it now...

Quote:

It does bleed through, so if you're doing a single layer card and using WW, it won't work. If you're going to layer it on something else, then you're good to go!

I just called Caroline and she isn't aware of new cardstock, but she's been pretty busy and hasn't had a whole lot of online time.

Can you link me up to the thread?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #4595  
Die Cut Diva

LOL...now I don't have to wish...I getting COPICS!!!! I placed an order this morning with Oozak!!!

So freakin' excited!!!!

Quote:

As Ina mentioned, I switched days to nights this weekends so I can do a tentative yes for Red Lobster on Monday. DH is always nagging me to get out more and visit with with the girls. I tend to be inclined to stay home, but even I'll venture out for seafood. lol

Congrats on your new copic set, Michelle! I love them and am adding to my collection gradually. One tip: You can often find ladies on SCS that are selling doubles of their markers and they are often willing to ship to Canada. I'm still sorting and petting my new goodies.

It's funny that we all sort of have the "I wishes..." mine is I wish I had snagged more of those handmade paper pads. lol Flipping through them I got SO many ideas broiling for cards.

I've made a color chart on Excel that is just for the Ciao colors that you can use for a hand color chart if you want to. If anyone wants it let me know your email and I can send it to you or I'll bring some Monday.

I'll also bring that paper for you, Teresa.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #4596  
Die Cut Diva

You are awesome!!! thanks so much for all that info!

okay I'm off to my second appointment...check you gals back tonite!!

Quote:

Dion, I hope your interview went well.
Di, I have a huge bottle of buttons......will bring them on Monday.
Michelle, in the copics certification class, the preferred paper seemed to be the Neenah, then the PTI, and Gina K pure luxury. On the list of 'you can use this but we don't recommend it' are Staples 110 lb cardstock, and Georgia Pacific white. The last two are the ones I use all the time (due to cost) and I seem to have good results. The ink is supposed to bleed through to the back. SU whisper white is not recommended because it has a coating that will, over time, damage the tips of the brushes. Walmart sells Georgia Pacific in the U.S. but I haven't seen it here in Canada at the Walmart stores. Never use watercolor papers as they soak up too much ink and the ink will spread.
Also the prefered inks are Tsukineko Memento inks or the Brilliance ink, Ranger Adirondack inks, Amuse Dye or Stewart Superior Palette Noir. I use the Memento Tuxedo black and I get them for $4.99 at Hobby Lobby in the U.S. My regret is that they don't have reinkers, so you have to keep buying new pads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #4597  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

The bazzill cardstock packs are smaller than the pack you got.....the pack was inside one of the albums....it's textured cardstock...anyways...I didn't realize it either...when you came I was not fully prepared to open shop...I put out most what I had already packed up in boxes...

There is no more of those...all sold...

Yup I remember...I haven't decided when I'm putting an order through maybe the beginning of August...no they don't carry embellies...
oh i see...no problem. I guess it wasn't meant to be then.

let me know when you want to put the order through...I need the oval nesties...for some reason the one that you got me last time doesn't match my scallop ovals.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 12:24 PM   #4598  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Diana, I think Melissa has the name of a web site that has them even cheaper than that. It is also in the U.S.
Really??? That's great!!! That means that I can get MORE!! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 12:33 PM   #4599  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am going to Chicago at the end of July.... I could have something shipped to my hotel and bring them back??

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 12:58 PM   #4600  
Die Cut Diva

that could work as well. yay!!! that's means that we need to get our order together pretty quickly though so maybe you can double check with your hotel Suzanne that you can get deliveries before you check in, otherwise we'd have to time the shipping to get there when you're there.

so...anyone else want in on copics??

Ina, can you ask Melissa for that site asap?
Reply With Quote Likes