Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   Canada * Southern Ontario Coffee and Sugar Girls! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/canada-%2A-southern-ontario-coffee-sugar-girls-461096/)

ScrappingMommyof3 10-28-2009 07:51 AM

The long awaited Winter Wonderland Swap is now ready for participants!!!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...5#post15444685

mommyof4boys 10-28-2009 10:19 AM

DONE!!! Now put me on the list to make it official! :-D

tmalaryk 10-28-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3 (Post 15444540)
I am fluttering Teresa! Not quite flying, but fluttering! I've got the load a day down pat and I've been doing the decluttering thing for a while - we just have SO MUCH STUFF!!!!

I seem to have trouble with the whole dressing to shoes (took kids to the bus in PJ's and still in them - YIKES!!!)

I don't dress to shoes because I don't wear shoes in the house. Did you have CHAOS?

ScrappingMommyof3 10-28-2009 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmalaryk (Post 15445973)
I don't dress to shoes because I don't wear shoes in the house. Did you have CHAOS?

I have indoor shoes! Just like the kids at school...it works for me.

We had a certain amount of CHAOS, but it's getting better!

stampinkaren 10-28-2009 11:23 AM

I would like to get a nice pair of slippers.. with traction on the bottom. Something like a shoe, not the sock or boot kind..

I think i'll put that on my Christmas List!

The floors are REALLY slippery after we had them refinished & I don't like to walk around in bare feet, so I almost slipped flat on my face last night...lol

mommyof4boys 10-28-2009 12:20 PM

ok ladies...I know it's still a month away but can I get a show of hands who I can expect here on November 28th and who is planning on staying?

so excited for our stampin nite!

stampinkaren 10-28-2009 12:23 PM

Ugh! I just checked the calendar and I can't make it that day either..... GRR!

mommyof4boys 10-28-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 15446583)
Ugh! I just checked the calendar and I can't make it that day either..... GRR!

I think you're gonna be cut out of the group pretty soon....

stampinkaren 10-28-2009 12:34 PM

*sniffle*

mommyof4boys 10-28-2009 12:43 PM

tears don't work on me missy...I've got 4 kids!!! lol, just teasing you babes!

ScrappingMommyof3 10-28-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 15446583)
Ugh! I just checked the calendar and I can't make it that day either..... GRR!

That's it! YOU'RE OUT!!!!

stampinkaren 10-28-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 15446751)
tears don't work on me missy...I've got 4 kids!!! lol, just teasing you babes!

How about a hissy fit? I got one of those in my back pocket nd you have boys! LOL j/k

stampinkaren 10-28-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3 (Post 15446792)
That's it! YOU'RE OUT!!!!

Hey! Isn't it 3 strikes?

mommyof4boys 10-28-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 15447124)
How about a hissy fit? I got one of those in my back pocket nd you have boys! LOL j/k

Hissy fits DEFINATELY don't work. Those are punishable by time out in your corner time...the longer the fit lasts, the longer the time out time is....sure you wanna go there? :twisted:

mommyof4boys 10-28-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 15447127)
Hey! Isn't it 3 strikes?

Well it will be 3 if you count the last time you left early and skipped out on the bill....haha!

ScrappingMommyof3 10-28-2009 02:14 PM

Yeah! You're already on your way to three strikes! Out ya go!!! (just kidding!)

Diana, I'm in! Just as long as DD is still not in hospital...

corrosive69 10-28-2009 02:42 PM

hi ladies!! :)
I won't be able to come to the next one...i have to work and driving that far in the winter sucks:) But i will send some goodies so i will be there in spirit!! :)
hugs

mommyof4boys 10-28-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corrosive69 (Post 15447614)
hi ladies!! :)
I won't be able to come to the next one...i have to work and driving that far in the winter sucks:) But i will send some goodies so i will be there in spirit!! :)
hugs

awww Janet! You're such a sweetie!

ScrappingMommyof3 10-28-2009 04:48 PM

WOOHOO!!! YAY Janet!

yellowrose46 10-28-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmalaryk (Post 15442951)
Ina, I hope you are not cold there, I forgot to give you the blanket! :(

I was thinking I was going to be cold, so I bought a really cute fleecy one with a satin back at the airport. However, it was warmer here today than expected. Marks still has his air conditioning running, so I am glad for an extra little lap blanket, but I sure enjoy riding around in his new (to him) SAAB convertible. Actually, it is a 1995 model, but so cute!

yellowrose46 10-28-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 15446596)
I think you're gonna be cut out of the group pretty soon....

Say it ain't so! We need Karen. If we cut her out of the get togethers, she'll stop participating in this thread, and we can't have that!

corrosive69 10-29-2009 03:23 AM

Ladies..i am going to see that guy i am kinda seeing ( the guy who liked my cards!) tonight in London (did that make sense??) wish me luck!! I am a big chicken around him..
This whole dating thing SUCKS!! lol

hugs

tmalaryk 10-29-2009 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corrosive69 (Post 15450469)
Ladies..i am going to see that guy i am kinda seeing ( the guy who liked my cards!) tonight in London (did that make sense??) wish me luck!! I am a big chicken around him..
This whole dating thing SUCKS!! lol

hugs

Have a nice time!

tmalaryk 10-29-2009 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46 (Post 15449245)
I was thinking I was going to be cold, so I bought a really cute fleecy one with a satin back at the airport. However, it was warmer here today than expected. Marks still has his air conditioning running, so I am glad for an extra little lap blanket, but I sure enjoy riding around in his new (to him) SAAB convertible. Actually, it is a 1995 model, but so cute!

That's great...thanks for letting me know.

tmalaryk 10-29-2009 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3 (Post 15446027)
I have indoor shoes! Just like the kids at school...it works for me.

We had a certain amount of CHAOS, but it's getting better!

I wear istoner slippers....the ballet kind with leather bottom....so comfy and cannot be accidentally worn out of the house (I say this because I have recently seen people wearing their slippers at the grocery store).

tmalaryk 10-29-2009 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 15446550)
ok ladies...I know it's still a month away but can I get a show of hands who I can expect here on November 28th and who is planning on staying?

so excited for our stampin nite!

Please add me to the guest list.

teagranny40 10-29-2009 05:06 AM

Thank you so much ladies for inviitng us out. I had a great time! I have finished the fold swap but not sure where to send it, and wow someone cased my card that is a first, I had to tell everyone-even people who didn't know what I was talking about. Since Janet is my ride, I won't be at the next one but I too will send goodies!

stampinkaren 10-29-2009 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corrosive69 (Post 15450469)
Ladies..i am going to see that guy i am kinda seeing ( the guy who liked my cards!) tonight in London (did that make sense??) wish me luck!! I am a big chicken around him..
This whole dating thing SUCKS!! lol

hugs

Well, he likes you cards? Must be a winner then!
Unless he's not!
Don't be a chicken! I'm sure everything will go smoothly! Have a gret time!

stampinkaren 10-29-2009 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46 (Post 15449309)
Say it ain't so! We need Karen. If we cut her out of the get togethers, she'll stop participating in this thread, and we can't have that!

LOL! I'll still swap.. you can't get rid of me THAT easily! LOL

yellowrose46 10-29-2009 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmalaryk (Post 15450688)
I wear istoner slippers....the ballet kind with leather bottom....so comfy and cannot be accidentally worn out of the house (I say this because I have recently seen people wearing their slippers at the grocery store).

I guess I'm old fashioned that way, but you would be amazed at what people wear outside their homes! P.J.'s, housecoats, and bare feet! They arrive at the hospital shoeless because they want to show how sick they were, and then demand for us to supply them with cloth slippers so they can go home. We used to do it too, but not any more! Budget constraints! Those isotoner slippers sound so comfy! I just wear a big pair of thick men's socks. I bought them for my g'son when he was here in March, but he sure didn't need to take them home to Texas!

stampinkaren 10-29-2009 06:51 AM

I was able to have lunch with a friend of mind who's a nurse. She works in the OR and she was saying how they're now having to cut back on thier supply orders and such. On one point she said it works for some surgeons - they'd know what kind of tools they need for a routine procedure, but some of the surgeons who are doing more complicated surgeries, want certain things at the ready in case they need it, and they need those supplies to be opened, and ready, etc. and the nature of the surgeries they do, they can't wait for someone to get something, bring it back and open it, etc....

Things like that make me so angry when the medical profession is made to cut back on things that effect patient care. Then you hear about bailouts for companies that pay thier CEO's multimillion dollars; packages and bonuses that surpass any income my entire family, extended included would hope to make in our lifetimes combined!

Rant over.... sorry.. lol

yellowrose46 10-29-2009 06:53 AM

Janet, wishing you courage, a big smile and enjoyment. I know taht dating is a scary business. That's why I don't do it anymore.........that and the fact that at my age it's hard to find someone around my age and still healthy enough to enjoy the physical activities that I do..........hiking, skiing, canoeing, etc. Most guys my age are looking for someone in her 40's. The guys lately who have shown interest in me were 73 and 93! Of the two, the 93 year old was more interesting and in better physical shape! Need I say more?
Anyway, Janet, just be yourself and relax. Have fun!

yellowrose46 10-29-2009 06:55 AM

Karen. I agree wholeheartedly! But then again, why wouldn't I. I'm a nurse and see it every day!
Now I am off to Hobby Lobby!

stampinkaren 10-29-2009 06:55 AM

Just goes to show, we humans need to take care of our bodies! your 93 year old is probably in better shape than me! LOL

And AGE is just a number Ina, if you're 30 at heart, go find a 30 year old to keep up with you. That's what I say! Hey, if Demi can snag Ashton Kutcher ~ why not Ina!

stampinkaren 10-29-2009 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46 (Post 15451736)
Karen. I agree wholeheartedly! But then again, why wouldn't I. I'm a nurse and see it every day!
Now I am off to Hobby Lobby!

Are you heading stateside? How fun! I'm so jealous!

yellowrose46 10-29-2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 15451737)
Just goes to show, we humans need to take care of our bodies! your 93 year old is probably in better shape than me! LOL

And AGE is just a number Ina, if you're 30 at heart, go find a 30 year old to keep up with you. That's what I say! Hey, if Demi can snag Ashton Kutcher ~ why not Ina!

Yes, well, I don't have Demi Moor's body, do I?! Ha, ha!

Yes, that's one of the things you missed at Jack Astor's on Monday evening. I was on my way to Buffalo to catch a flight to Austin. I'm here now, visiting my grandkids! Fantastic time! And there are two H.L. stores within 10 minutes drive of here!
The second thing is an angel, but I am saving you one!

stampinkaren 10-29-2009 07:08 AM

Who said you needed to find a 30 year old with good eyesight?! LOL
just kidding. You look fantastic!

Ohhh yay! I will actually have something pretty to put on my tree this year!

That's right! I swear, my memory is the absolute worst!
Have fun at HL!! Buy lots!!

tmalaryk 10-29-2009 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46 (Post 15451669)
I guess I'm old fashioned that way, but you would be amazed at what people wear outside their homes! P.J.'s, housecoats, and bare feet! They arrive at the hospital shoeless because they want to show how sick they were, and then demand for us to supply them with cloth slippers so they can go home. We used to do it too, but not any more! Budget constraints! Those isotoner slippers sound so comfy! I just wear a big pair of thick men's socks. I bought them for my g'son when he was here in March, but he sure didn't need to take them home to Texas!

I remember having to go to the hospital when I was pregnant with Jacob. I had gotten sick before and taken off my shirt and put on a housecoat. When I told my husband that I thought I needed to go to the emergency room he said "Don't you want to change first?"

mommyof4boys 10-29-2009 09:23 AM

Kelli- your work is amazing! Thank you for letting me case it, although I did it before you said ok! :mrgreen:

Janet- have FUN!!!! Remember what we told you. He's a keeper as long as his work is NOT better than yours.

Ina- I'm so jealous! Have fun at Hobby Lobby and buy tons of goodies to show us.

Karen- you're such a funny girl! But I agree with you, health care cut backs are not cool. Neither are education cut backs. It's really unfortunate that children and the sick are the ones who have to suffer because of the government's lack of budgeting skills. And you're right about CEO's and such....grrr!!!!

Teresa/Ina- I totally agree with the whole PJ and slippers thing. I remember I had to go have blood work done a few months ago. I was in the waiting room and a family of 4 came in. The kids were about 6 and 3 or so, and the only one wearing street clothes was the dad. The mother and the kids looked like they just rolled out of bed and it was noon. I just don't understand that at all. I can understand having comfy sweats that you wear around the house and possibly run quick errands in but c'mon...these were full out fleece PJ's in bright colours with random images on them...totally PJ's. I see them in the grocery stores and even at the malls. It's the oddest thing....

stampinkaren 10-29-2009 10:54 AM

Ok, I do NOT dress to the nines to do my errands or grocery shop, but I have a few pieces of "yoga gear" that is a good staple for things like that.

I would never wear pjs to the market! LOL!

I am a slop most days. And I really need to buy an iron....lol


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:48 AM.