Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   Canada * Southern Ontario Coffee and Sugar Girls! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/canada-%2A-southern-ontario-coffee-sugar-girls-461096/)

queensuzanne 05-27-2010 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3 (Post 16754599)
Nah! Di can have 'em! I don't need doubles...

I figured that's what you'd say Christyne, but didn't want to speak for you! So Di has 7 new Copics....none in blendable shades! :p

mommyof4boys 05-27-2010 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by queensuzanne (Post 16755576)
I figured that's what you'd say Christyne, but didn't want to speak for you! So Di has 7 new Copics....none in blendable shades! :p

YAY!! But hopefully they'll work with the ones I have!

yellowrose46 05-27-2010 10:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3 (Post 16752306)
Cool idea for a swap...except I SUCK at punch art - LOL! If I come up with something cool before September, I'll let you know!

Isn't that the point of a swap? To learn a new technique? I was just in a melted crayon backround swap and had never done it before, but I think I did pretty well. Check it out

tmalaryk 05-27-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3 (Post 16754688)
So...yesterday I dropped my darn iPhone...in the TOILET!!! I know...I shouldn't have had the thing in the bathroom in the first place. The good thing was, it was MY toilet (so I know it was clean!) and it was just water.

I scooped it out faster than it fell in and tried to sort it out. DH said to SHUT IT OFF!!! Apparently it being on, with the water in it is what causes the issues with the electrics, etc...

It spent last night in a giant bowl of rice (sucks the moisture out) and today it is good as new! No lost information or anything - PHEW!!!

Lesson learned: DON'T TAKE THE PHONE TO THE BATHROOM!!!

*gasp* How terrifying it must have been waiting for it to dry! You know I don't have those type of things but I do appreciate the cost of them, the amount of important information on them and their usefulness.

tmalaryk 05-27-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46 (Post 16757500)
Isn't that the point of a swap? To learn a new technique? I was just in a melted crayon backround swap and had never done it before, but I think I did pretty well. Check it out

Ina, that looks marvellous! :D

mommyof4boys 05-27-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46 (Post 16757500)

WOW!! You will have to teach me how that's done. That's awesome!

And you're 100% right, swaps are to encourage us to do something we normally wouldn't try...so c'mon ladies...head over and join us!

yellowrose46 05-27-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 16753148)
Really Suzanne!? That's all social workers get? Considering what they do and all the stuff they have to put up with, I would've thought the pay would be a little more. Argh...but seriously, sounds like you have a gift with children and it would be a shame to let that go to waste.

Kristine- beware...Copic collecting can get very addictive just like everything else in the wonderful world of stamping...lol.

K, ladies....you all NEED to come over and join my swap...really...like NOW!!! lol...

You are so right about everything in this hobby being addicting! Yesterday, I was in Burlington visiting my SIL and decided to check out a store I had heard about in Dundas. Angela's crafts is a fabulous place, but a bit pricey! However, I couldn't resist, and ended up $72 poorer!
Also, regarding copics, I have heard that Carpe Diem is one of the cheapest places around. I will be going to Austin in July or Aug. so we could order some at that time. Is there free shipping for any orders above a certain amount?

mommyof4boys 05-27-2010 10:44 AM

Yikes Ina!! I know what you mean, I can never seem to say no to crafting stuff even if I don't need it...just ask Christyne! lol

I think there is free shipping offered but I can't seem to find what the minimum requirement is. There's a blurb on the home page about orders that qualify for free shipping is only valid for FedEx Ground and within the 48 States, but it doesn't say how to qualify. I can wait until July or August, gives me a few months to play around with the ones I have to see if I'm even any good at colouring. Thanks for letting us do this Ina!

mommyof4boys 05-27-2010 12:13 PM

woohoo...not sure if I did it right but I just linked my blog to my facebook account. I kept seeing Christyne and Janet's blog updates and wondered how they did that. I think I did it but not sure....

lol, just thought I'd share.

btw Christyne...I finally updated my blog! lol

corrosive69 05-27-2010 12:49 PM

hey....i am in for a copic order...although i don't need many more to finish my collection (i know shhhhhhhhhhh its an addiction!). I do need a refill thingy though...and then i can start collecting refills...so let me know when you are putting your order in and i will pick my markers....:)
hugs

tmalaryk 05-27-2010 02:57 PM

Ina, I LOVE Dundas! Have you ever taken a class at the art school there?

mommyof4boys 05-27-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corrosive69 (Post 16758404)
hey....i am in for a copic order...although i don't need many more to finish my collection (i know shhhhhhhhhhh its an addiction!). I do need a refill thingy though...and then i can start collecting refills...so let me know when you are putting your order in and i will pick my markers....:)
hugs

I think we're gonna place the order in July or August depending on when Ina goes to visit her son in Texas since Carpe Diem doesn't ship to Canada and they're the cheapest place that we found. Work on your list that way you'll be ready (and you'll have time to save up)...that's what I'm doing...lol.

ScrappingMommyof3 05-27-2010 04:17 PM

Howdy peeps! Did everyone survive the heat? Talk about stinkin' hot! Thank goodness my Caroline has air conditioning at the studio - YIKES!

Yes...I know...swapping is supposed to broaden your horizons...I haven't done punch art since punch art was all the rage and Hoki was famous - LOL! Not like I don't have enough punches...and I don't mean just SU! either - YIKES!!!

Dundas is a BEAUTIFUL little town (I have a couple of friends who live there). If you want a good laugh, go to Angela's when they have open house (usually around Christmas). Angela likes to get into the sauce shall we say...it's quite the funny thing to watch - LOL!

Hope everyone has a cool, restful night!

mommyof4boys 05-27-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3 (Post 16760145)
Howdy peeps! Did everyone survive the heat? Talk about stinkin' hot! Thank goodness my Caroline has air conditioning at the studio - YIKES!

Yes...I know...swapping is supposed to broaden your horizons...I haven't done punch art since punch art was all the rage and Hoki was famous - LOL! Not like I don't have enough punches...and I don't mean just SU! either - YIKES!!!

Dundas is a BEAUTIFUL little town (I have a couple of friends who live there). If you want a good laugh, go to Angela's when they have open house (usually around Christmas). Angela likes to get into the sauce shall we say...it's quite the funny thing to watch - LOL!

Hope everyone has a cool, restful night!

All the more reason to join! Dust off those punches and skills....I know you'll come up with something spectacular!

stampinkaren 05-27-2010 06:43 PM

Never heard of or been to Dundas... sounds like a neat place though if you found craft finds there!

I heard that if you drop electronics in the water, you should dump rubbing alcohol on it since it would evaporate the water.. but I have never tried it so dont' have a clue! Glad your iphone works again.. and remind me never to touch it.. LOL!!!!

I had a friend drop his phone in the middle of a lake once and he called the cell carrier when he got home and told them he needs a new phone.. they said why... he said he accidentally dropped it in the lake.. then they asked him if it still works.. and he said he dind't know.. and then they asked him if he'd tried to call it to see if it worked.. and he was like... um.. its at the bottom of the lake????????

tmalaryk 05-28-2010 02:49 AM

Karen, your story reminds me of the time Jacob lost his toy cell phone in the mall. We backtracked every where we went and asked if anyone found it. Finally we went to the lost and found to ask if they found Jacob's clear, green, plastic toy cell phone that plays children's songs when you push the buttons and it once had candy inside it. They asked if I tried calling it..and I was like...um...no and just started walking away with Jacob. I heard the other one say to the one with the bright idea, "You idiot, she said it's a toy phone."

ScrappingMommyof3 05-28-2010 06:31 AM

Teresa, that is HYSTERICAL! Some people are just completely clueless!

corrosive69 05-28-2010 12:16 PM

wow i finally got to stamp!! well i got one card done because i have a wedding to go to on Saturday....can't wait to see what you guys think of this one ;) lol

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=70314

hugs

yellowrose46 05-28-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmalaryk (Post 16759356)
Ina, I LOVE Dundas! Have you ever taken a class at the art school there?

No I haven't. This week is the first time I have ever been in Dundas...........hard to believe, isn't it?

yellowrose46 05-28-2010 12:34 PM

Janet, that is a really fun and cool card! I left you a comment.

corrosive69 05-28-2010 02:49 PM

thanks Ina:) should be a fun wedding!

ScrappingMommyof3 05-29-2010 03:28 AM

Howdy peeps!!! DD and I are sitting at the airport waiting to board our flight to Montreal. Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!!!

yellowrose46 05-29-2010 05:54 AM

Christyne, have a wonderful time!

mommyof4boys 05-30-2010 08:26 AM

Janet- I hope you enjoyed the wedding.

Christyne- I hope you're enjoying your time with your family in Montreal.

Teresa- I hope you enjoyed James and Carol.

Ina- I hope that your gardening is progressing nicely.

lol...I just read what I wrote and I'm hoping a lot of things!! lol.

The weather is beautiful out and I think we're gonna go to Ikea. The tiles are laid in the basement, the drywall is primed. Next in...the kitchen. Then baseboards, trims, and doors, then paint...then we're good to go!!! WOOHOO!!

corrosive69 05-30-2010 12:06 PM

morning ladies...wow what a weekend...the wedding was AWESOME!! it was a wedding i for sure felt comfortable at:) Lots of tattoos and metal!! \m/

The weather has been fantastic too! I took abby for a walk this morning (walking and hang overs are not a good combo!! lol) and just waiting for the not-bf to come over since i haven't really seen him all week!! lol (not sure if i told ya the story but i had to bring Randy to the wedding...long story!)

ok...well i am off to shower and have some lemonade in the sun:)

hugs

yellowrose46 05-30-2010 06:22 PM

Glad you enjoyed the wedding Janet!
Diana, sounds like you are really accomplishing a lot in the house!
I have lost almost two days, due to having to work a 12 hour night for a colleague. Had to sleep yesterday afternoon and I stayed up after work this morning to go to church (I had library duty) and boy was I tired sitting in the pew. The only thing that kept me awake was by taking notes, but I don't really remember the sermon. Then I went straight to bed and slept all afternoon and am still tired! I did water my newly planted flowerbed, but that's all I accomplished today. Tomorrow, I'll get lots done!

ScrappingMommyof3 05-31-2010 04:27 AM

Oh Ina! What a long weekend you had! And I don't mean that you had an extra day - YIKES!!! I slept 10 hours last night (to do some catch up) and I just got tired reading your post!

I'm BACK!!! It was GREAT to see my dad this weekend!!! We had a nice visit and it was nice to see my sis and her family too. I got to eat Montreal smoked meat at Chenoys (which is only second in deliciousness to Schwarts' Deli) and cretons (which really is a nasty concoction of rendered pig parts and fat) but tastes SO good! I only eat it about once a year, so while it is DEFINITELY not good for me, the fact that I only eat once a year makes up for it - LOL!

Hope everyone had a FAB weekend!!!! What's on tap for this week???

I've got to catch up on laundry and do general tidying (that's what I get for taking DD with me and leaving the boys home *sigh*). I'm working with my Caroline for THREE days this week since this coming weekend is our big stamping event STAMPIN' PALOOZA!! I have to get to work on 150 thank you cards for a fundraising event that will benefit Sick Kids Heart Centre. Most will be simple, but a few will be super duper for the top sponsors. As an added bonus, I get ADVERTISING and may sell some of cards - WOOT!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

yellowrose46 05-31-2010 07:36 AM

Welcome back Christyne! Glad you had a great time! You've got a lot on tap in the coming week!
I'm just trying to get my gardening done before I go back to work Wednesday night.

tmalaryk 05-31-2010 11:20 AM

Christyne, Wowzer, you are a girl on the move! That is great that you got to see you dad. Hopefully next time will be sooner.

ScrappingMommyof3 05-31-2010 12:08 PM

LOL Teresa!!! Gotta get back to the regular me!

tmalaryk 05-31-2010 01:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If I've done this right you will see a picture I took at the concert Friday night.

mommyof4boys 05-31-2010 03:48 PM

wow Teresa! That's a cool pic!! You must've been sitting really close! Executive box seats right??

Christyne- welcome back!!!

corrosive69 05-31-2010 04:35 PM

Hey a quick update from me. Not sure I will be around much in the next little while. I work 4 the next 12 days then camping! Today my ex mil called me to yell at me over my ex sil's bday. I pretty much told her to f off and that I don't want to talk to them anymore. It feels like a weight lifted off my shoulders! I hate typing on my phone! Have a good nite and I will check in when I can!
Hugs!

tmalaryk 05-31-2010 05:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another picture. Yes, executive box seats. I was very fortunate to win those tickets.

yellowrose46 06-01-2010 04:04 AM

Teresa, you got some awesome photos.So glad you won those tickets and had a great time.
Janet, hope you have a wonderful time camping and hope the weather holds for you. Do you camp tent or trailer? When I was married we used to 'camp' in a deluxe motor home (the standard joke was, my ex thought he was 'roughing it' if there was no T.V. in the motorhome) After I became single, the kids and I started doing real camping, in a tent! So much fun! Is the nbf going with you?

yellowrose46 06-01-2010 04:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Janet has a 'not' boyfriend, now I have a 'not' flowerbed! Check out the photos of the flowerbed I have been trying to grow back to lawn for the past three years!

tmalaryk 06-01-2010 08:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ina, your back yard is huge! I love the poppies.
Here is another picture.

ScrappingMommyof3 06-01-2010 11:16 AM

Ina, your yard looks FABULOUS!!!

Teresa, you were so lucky to get those tickets. AWESOME pics!

ScrappingMommyof3 06-02-2010 04:07 AM

Good morning peeps!!!! How is everyone today?

There's only 8 days, 9 hours and 57 minutes to the start of the FIFA World Cup, so life is good!!!

Di, PLEASE tell me Jerry likes soccer! Or if he doesn't, at least tell me that he won't mind having it on while we're there! Scott just discovered last night that England is playing on the 12th at 2:30 p.m. He told me he would "have to call in sick" to the party so he could watch the game - ARGH!!! OK, so I pretty much threatened his life because it was MY birthday party and he HAD to be there, so too bad. But I'm sure he'd REALLY appreciate it if he could watch the game.

Here's a link to the recipe for the cake:

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Dee...ate-Cake-12488

I didn't post the frosting recipe because I'm not sure which one Lauren uses. As long as you have LOTS of icing sugar, it should be fine.

I can't wait!

Stampin' Palooza is just two days away - YIKES! I need to get some samples made with the new colours or my Caroline is going to disown me!

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day!!!

tmalaryk 06-02-2010 04:37 AM

What is Stampin' Palooza?