Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-25-2008, 08:35 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Attending SU convention?

I am hosting a shoebox swap for my group on a free night, Friday August 1. As of 7/25 I have 4 open spots!!! This is a low prep-very fun social event, Come join us!

Here is the info:

The 2nd annual Queens of the Stamp Age Royal Stamp-a-thon!!!

You should DEFINITELY plan to come to this fun stampin� event which will include:

� a pizza dinner with drinks, dessert and snacks

� stampin� games with prizes

� a shoebox swap for 23 (see below for how it works,) (60 people will participate but we will be split up into groups.)

� 3 extra �wow� make & takes

� displays

� door prizes

� fun and quality time with other stampers!

When: Friday August 1st, 6pm-12midnight (but are supposed to be quiet after 10!)

Where: Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites (230 West 500 South, SLC) (about 5 blocks from the Salt Palace) in the Diamond room.

Cost: $18 per demonstrator (covers the room rental fee, all food and WOW projects)

Payment: Upon RSVP, you should immediately mail your check to me. You can also send the $ via Paypal, but if you do that please send $19 to cover fees. My paypal ID is my e-mail address. [email protected]

Shoebox swap:

You design one great card idea**. You bring 5 completed copies of your card plus the supplies to make 18 more all ready to go in a shoebox or similar size container. You will set up your project at one chair with one finished sample propped up for everyone to see and copy. Then we all move about the room from chair to chair finishing each of the �shoebox� swaps.

You will complete 19 shoebox swaps that night plus take home your one example card from your own station and have a total of 20 new card ideas! (Your 4 other original finished cards are for the helpers and you�ll just turn them it in to me at the door. Helpers won�t have time to stamp because they�ll be running games and wow make-n-takes the whole time.)

**Your card does not have to be original but should be a quality demonstratable card. No card fronts, it should be a real card that opens. It can be any size, no envelopes needed. You must include some sort of embellishing to make this a nice card. You should use some of the new stuff from the preview and make SURE everything is current SU product. Nothing that is retiring. Please have all pre-cut cardstock for each person ready to go in a baggie or cello bag for each swapper. I suggest cutting a few extra cardstock pieces just in case. If you make a mistake while stamping, do not take an extra kit, be polite and leave the kits for everyone else. Make sure to bring ALL supplies to complete your shoebox swap card. This includes everything but the adhesive, scissors and bone folder, because we will each have our own of those. Do bring all stamps, inkpads, accessories, cut cardstock, and tools as needed in your �shoebox�. It also helps if you can bring some way to clip or prop up your sample card. I�ll bring my clips but I only have 24. There will be prizes for the best shoebox swap cards, chosen by popular vote.

If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to ask! This is going to be a huge fun event and I am extremely excited! I love all of you and can�t wait to see you at convention 2008! CELEBRATE! (You can come to this even if you are not attending convention though!)

To RSVP just respond to me by email. Then immediately mail your $18 check, or send $19 via paypal. I have 4 spots left as of 7/25 and they are all first-come-first-served!

Happy Stampin�,

Brandi
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2008, 07:55 PM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This event is now full!

I have filled all the spots for this shoebox swap. I wish I could include everyone! I hope everyone has a fabulous convention!
Brandi
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes