Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-25-2007, 12:29 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any interest in NY get together?

I'm in NYaccessible to both the city and upstate and would love to find out if there are any crops/stamping events planned or if there would be enough interest to have one? I don't know many people that stamp and I'm not far enough north for the Central NY get togethers

We could plan a one time thing and if we like it, maybe have a monthly get together.

Post or PM if you would be interested.

Last edited by myhappyplace; 03-27-2007 at 10:37 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2007, 07:40 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Default NYC Stamper here!~

Hi there! I live in Brooklyn and work in Manhattan---I don't drive though...
Where are you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2007, 08:14 AM   #3  
Linking Queen

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Tried to reply but had to refresh when my screen froze (sorry of both go through).

I live in Dutchess County (about 75 minutes north of the Bronx, where a very good stamping friend lives) and approximately 30 minutes north of Brewster, which is in Putnam County). How far away are we from each other?

I always enjoy meeting new stamping friends. In fact, I'm going to the CNY gathering on May 19th - those ladies are fun and entertaining and I can hardly wait to meet them in person.

So, when planning a gathering, please try to avoid that weekend 'coz I'd love to meet you too.

Hope something works out.

Happy Crafting!
~ Tina ~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #4  
Linking Queen

Bumping ...

Any other NYers (or others) interested in a gathering? I know there have been several threads that seem to lose their ooomph but it'd be great to have a CNY gathering in Westchester (or Long Island, or - of course - Dutchess County).

Happy Crafting!
~ Tina ~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2007, 06:49 AM   #5  
Glitter Queen

Default hey

Hey everyone Hi Tinaaa .. Im a new demonstrator with stampin up and im having my first workshop with my upline on april 21st i cant waittt ..she will be showing me how to book one and all .. if anyone is interested in coming you can get back to mee... i dont just stamp cards i use the stamps to scrapbook ..

sam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2007, 12:07 PM   #6  
SCS Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I hope someone gets theis NY thing together because I would love to come....Im on Lon Gisland but..will always travel...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2007, 07:56 AM   #7  
Glitter Queen

hello there i think im having a stampcamp gettogether with other girls i actually dont no where buti know its on may 19th we going to have a few tables and demos it will be fun i heard ... and at home i scrapbook on my own [=
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2007, 02:22 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

I realize that this is a thread started a few months ago, but I just found it. I live in Westchester County and would love to get together with some fellow stampers.

Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2007, 02:30 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Ladies, why not put something together and throw it out in terms of location, cost, date, etc.? I would be glad to share info with anyone organizing and I know several of the other organizers in other areas are also willing since many have helped me. Our first CNY get together was last year in July. We had a dozen attend. Our May 19 event has 42 and we are already planning for the next several!

Funny that you say you want to include "upstate" but CNY is too far. We also consider Syracuse to be Upstate NY. LOL

BTW, if you get this together, I might try to attend depending on the timing. DS is moving to the City very soon and I hope I will be visiting him regularly.

CNY Stamps - October 2022

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2007, 04:57 PM   #10  
Linking Queen

Arrow

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamp with Sam
hello there i think im having a stampcamp gettogether with other girls i actually dont no where buti know its on may 19th we going to have a few tables and demos it will be fun i heard ... and at home i scrapbook on my own [=
I'll be at the SCS gathering in Central NY (CNY; East Syracuse this time around) on the 19th. I'm sure you will have fun stamping/scrapping with other folks.

There's a really nice store near my house that has an open crop on Sundays. It's reasonably priced ($10 I think) and you bring your own lunch or leave and eat nearby.

It's probably an hour's drive from most parts of Westchester (I live +/- 75 minutes from the Bronx Zoo for those further south to get an idea of the travel time). We usually make it to Bay Shore (LI) in 1hour 45 minutes (on a non-holiday, non-beach day).

If anyone is interested in a specific Sunday, send me a PM with the date you want to go and we'll see what happens from there.

PS - I don't have any financial interest in the store but the owner is very friendly and helpful and introduced me to many of my customers (I'm an SU demo) so I like to spend money/time there when I can.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2007, 04:58 PM   #11  
Linking Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220
Ladies, why not put something together and throw it out in terms of location, cost, date, etc.? I would be glad to share info with anyone organizing and I know several of the other organizers in other areas are also willing since many have helped me. Our first CNY get together was last year in July. We had a dozen attend. Our May 19 event has 42 and we are already planning for the next several!

Funny that you say you want to include "upstate" but CNY is too far. We also consider Syracuse to be Upstate NY. LOL

BTW, if you get this together, I might try to attend depending on the timing. DS is moving to the City very soon and I hope I will be visiting him regularly.
Hi Linda ~

If you ahve anything prepared (printed or electronic) you can share it with me Saturday and I'll try to organize something that is closer to my neck of the woods.
Reply With Quote Likes