Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-12-2009, 10:41 AM   #1721  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you answered my question without my even posting it - amazing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #1722  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawaView Post
But after reading about copics being no good with GP, is the same true for Prisma markers? I got the motherload for my birthday...
I use GP with mostly Prisma and they work just fine. Both Prisma and Copics work fine on the GP as long as you're using memento tuxedo black.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #1723  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kafranciView Post
Michele- secret agent ho-

I was just checking your blog and was wondering which swap you used the card with the There She Goes stamp with tile looking paper? I received one of them for a swap but the little note I enclosed with my cards with the name of the swap was missing so not sure which swap they were from.

My problem is, I also received a "We are sorry...envie damaged...etc...." envie from the post office with an envelope that wasn't damaged but the tab you remove to seal the envelope wasn't removed so therefore it wasn't sealed and was empty so am trying to figure out which cards are missing!!!

Thanks!!!
Karen...that card was from my Dust off your Stamps swap. What envie was not sealed up? It was empty? Methinks the PO folks liked your cards...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #1724  
Die Cut Diva

GREAT CARDS Scrappy!

Find me on IG! crafting_ra_away
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #1725  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoorahView Post
I use GP with mostly Prisma and they work just fine. Both Prisma and Copics work fine on the GP as long as you're using memento tuxedo black.
Name:  yeahthat.gif
Views: 34
Size:  576 Bytes

Hi Yoorah!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #1726  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs_SView Post
GREAT CARDS Scrappy!
Thanks Cori!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #1727  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

How about Archival Ink Jet Black? I have been using that since the dawn of time - have this HUGE pad and everything. Will switch of you say so, though...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #1728  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

How about Archival Ink Jet Black? I have been using that since the dawn of time - have this HUGE pad and everything. Will switch of you say so, though...
Haven't tried that. LMK will ya? Been a Staz-On gal before Tuxedo black.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #1729  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJoView Post
Akthough others swear by the GP paper I would take that money and apply it to a good paper, it is SUPER sissy-ish, real flimsy and I dont like it, for recipe swaps works great as it IS a copy paper, I buy mine from the LSS but it comes from paperzone and is Conqueror if you want the deets send me a PM and I will run upstairs to get all the deets, $29.99 for a ream of it and this is the same paper that Great Impressions uses also. Good stuff...

Momento is great and Kim from MFT posted to be a light handed stamper and if you aren't she told me to just let it sit for a bit to "cure" or heat set it before coloring, she is a light handed stamper so doesn't have to do either... I let it sit...

Good morning!
Mornin' KJ!

I'm refering to the GP Cardstock, not the GP Paper. It's 110 weight. However, I do still mount it on another piece of cardstock. It is still def. too thin to use alone. Only the Gina K Pure Luxury is good enough for that IMO.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 10:58 AM   #1730  
Stazon Splitcoast

Runnin' out the door again...Gotta go to the PO, the Bank, get gas, and then a playdate for Annabella. Hopefully having dinner with Binny (but I doubt it ), and then gotta finish up a swap before cleaning my house.

Playdate tommorrow...We are icing cupcakes. With toddlers wielding the icing knives. Why did I ever think this is a good idea? I will def. post pictures of that carnage tommorrow night!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #1731  
Hardware Hotshot

Ok I just have one thing to say about a PM I just got! I and yes I am going to post it on here for everyone to read. THis is the last time I am going to pay any attion to something so petty or child like.
We are all here to have fun. Stamping is a fun craft and an escap for all of us! We are also all here to be encourging and make friendships. It is a shame to people take things to far and too personal! With that being said. Plaese do think befor you post or say anything. There is no reason to stress, make some one else feel bad or cry over something so petty as a stamped card! I am sorry if I said something wrong to upset any one. But when you post on a public thread you can not be up set when others answer to what you have to say! We all have our right to express our feelings. The truth can some time hurt yes. But Again rember we are all here to have fun! If this is a stress to anyone or causes them hurt or tears then maybe they need to rethink thier hobbie. Ok that is all I am going to say about this and am not going to reviset again!

Ok enough said!
Have a good afternoon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #1732  
Hardware Hotshot

Kelli JO I love the card in your new AVIE Good job!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #1733  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Quote:

Haven't tried that. LMK will ya? Been a Staz-On gal before Tuxedo black.
NOPE!!!! I tried that first!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #1734  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

EXACTLY!!!!! **hugs** during a UGLY time..... and even when it's not

I hope he gets "OK" with this... what a crappy thing... with Dave's dad being here and coughing and spewing all over with his emphysema it gets SOOO old.. I feel bad but damn, do you have to cough all over the coffee pot???
Yeah... I don't think that I could endure another round of debilitating illness in my home.
Death I handle just fine, but chronic illness right in my lap... it's horribly shallow of me, and I'm sure that I'd feel differently if it were Ward or one of the yahoos, but being around that kind of sick 24/7... FORGET IT.

I hated going the nursing home, don't go to the hospital to visit anyone if I can help it, and dodge the terminal illness visits as often as I possibly can. I've done more than enough miles on that road trip.

Chris has led a very sheltered life, so when something big like this hits him, he has no clue how to react.
When we found out Jennah was on the way, he seriously had a mental breakdown. Not a fun summer for me, lemme tell ya.
Thankfully he's MUCH improved since then, but he's been fortunate, in that no one he's been close to has died ( a grandmother that everyone hated when he was 12, but since he hated her, it apparently doesn't count ) or been diagnosed with something like this. It's a whole new process for him, but I think that after he actually talks to his grandparents and gets the shock out of his system, he'll be okay.

More than anything, it's a wakeup call. Prostate issues and kidney stones run in his family... he can't ignore the annual checkups and medical necessities anymore, and that irritates him to no end.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #1735  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

But after reading about copics being no good with GP, is the same true for Prisma markers? I got the motherload for my birthday...
I haven't any problems with either one on my GP, but the copics do require a little bit of patience.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 11:20 AM   #1736  

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy1778View Post
Yeah... I don't think that I could endure another round of debilitating illness in my home.
Death I handle just fine, but chronic illness right in my lap... it's horribly shallow of me, and I'm sure that I'd feel differently if it were Ward or one of the yahoos, but being around that kind of sick 24/7... FORGET IT.

I hated going the nursing home, don't go to the hospital to visit anyone if I can help it, and dodge the terminal illness visits as often as I possibly can. I've done more than enough miles on that road trip.

Chris has led a very sheltered life, so when something big like this hits him, he has no clue how to react.
When we found out Jennah was on the way, he seriously had a mental breakdown. Not a fun summer for me, lemme tell ya.
Thankfully he's MUCH improved since then, but he's been fortunate, in that no one he's been close to has died ( a grandmother that everyone hated when he was 12, but since he hated her, it apparently doesn't count ) or been diagnosed with something like this. It's a whole new process for him, but I think that after he actually talks to his grandparents and gets the shock out of his system, he'll be okay.

More than anything, it's a wakeup call. Prostate issues and kidney stones run in his family... he can't ignore the annual checkups and medical necessities anymore, and that irritates him to no end.
THAT IS a sheltered Life.... No one told him what happens when you do THAT?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 11:21 AM   #1737  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricketeewView Post
Ok I just have one thing to say about a PM I just got! I and yes I am going to post it on here for everyone to read. THis is the last time I am going to pay any attion to something so petty or child like.
We are all here to have fun. Stamping is a fun craft and an escap for all of us! We are also all here to be encourging and make friendships. It is a shame to people take things to far and too personal! With that being said. Plaese do think befor you post or say anything. There is no reason to stress, make some one else feel bad or cry over something so petty as a stamped card! I am sorry if I said something wrong to upset any one. But when you post on a public thread you can not be up set when others answer to what you have to say! We all have our right to express our feelings. The truth can some time hurt yes. But Again rember we are all here to have fun! If this is a stress to anyone or causes them hurt or tears then maybe they need to rethink thier hobbie. Ok that is all I am going to say about this and am not going to reviset again!

Ok enough said!
Have a good afternoon.

I am so confused!!! But glad you got that off your chest!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:14 PM   #1738  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricketeewView Post

Ok enough said!
Have a good afternoon.
What part of "I don't want to see this shi-ite on the thread again" was unclear?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:18 PM   #1739  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Mama..hugs from da Deej...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #1740  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherthosestampsView Post
Hi Mama..hugs from da Deej...
Hey DJ - Ma Ma just DYING to see the lyrics to Wind Beneath her Wings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:20 PM   #1741  

Quote:

Originally Posted by huera90View Post
What part of "I don't want to see this shi-ite on the thread again" was unclear?
AMEN!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:29 PM   #1742  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

lol..was thinkin of that ...really?? or no??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:30 PM   #1743  

Quote:

lol..was thinkin of that ...really?? or no??
YES!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:34 PM   #1744  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok girls..here you go Mamma...
Bette Midler

"Wind Beneath My Wings"

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.
It must have been cold there in my shadow,
to never have sunlight on your face.
You were content to let me shine, that's your way.
You always walked a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,
while you were the one with all the strength.
A beautiful face without a name for so long.
A beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,
but I've got it all here in my heart.
I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it.
I would be nothing without you.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
You're everything I wish I could be.
I could fly higher than an eagle,

Did I ever tell you you're my hero?
You're everything, everything I wish I could be.
Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings,

Oh, the wind beneath my wings.
You, you, you, you are the wind beneath my wings.
Fly, fly, fly away. You let me fly so high.
Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.

Fly, fly, fly high against the sky,
so high I almost touch the sky.
Thank you, thank you,
thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:35 PM   #1745  

Quote:

Ok girls..here you go Mamma...
Bette Midler

"Wind Beneath My Wings"

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.
It must have been cold there in my shadow,
to never have sunlight on your face.
You were content to let me shine, that's your way.
You always walked a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,
while you were the one with all the strength.
A beautiful face without a name for so long.
A beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,
but I've got it all here in my heart.
I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it.
I would be nothing without you.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
You're everything I wish I could be.
I could fly higher than an eagle,

Did I ever tell you you're my hero?
You're everything, everything I wish I could be.
Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings,

Oh, the wind beneath my wings.
You, you, you, you are the wind beneath my wings.
Fly, fly, fly away. You let me fly so high.

Fly, fly, fly high against the sky,
so high I almost touch the sky.
Thank you, thank you,
thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings.
HAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:36 PM   #1746  
Glitter Guru

So where do you get memento tuxedo black? I looked at Joann and Michaels. I have versafine I use for the prismas, I got 2 sets of Copic for Christmas I haven't triend them yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #1747  

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildbasketView Post
So where do you get memento tuxedo black? I looked at Joann and Michaels. I have versafine I use for the prismas, I got 2 sets of Copic for Christmas I haven't triend them yet.
I BELEIVE MFT sells it I get mine at the LSS....but EllenHutson might, allthatscraps. etc...if they sell Copics they prolly sell Momento! if you cant find it' I can send ya some!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #1748  
Stazon Splitcoast

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #1749  
Stazon Splitcoast

crap, trying to catch up....KJ, cute new avie, but it's throwing me off.....lol I keep thinking...who is that.....ooooh yeahhhh. it's KJ! isn't it wierd how we get to recognize people by them???? Like if I put a picture of me up....you all would be confused b/c I don't have a furry cute lil face like Polo......lol

I hate Mondays!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #1750  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

NOPE!!!! I tried that first!!!!!
you're talking Archival? Stink! I love my supersize pad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #1751  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #1752  

Quote:

you're talking Archival? Stink! I love my supersize pad.
I know I got a big fatty guy at M's for the bigger stamps.... I LOVE that ink until I got my copics...maybe stamp them set them aside... I stamp then color right away, haven't actually tried letting them set.....I just bought a jumbo bottle of refill too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #1753  

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreakView Post
crap, trying to catch up....KJ, cute new avie, but it's throwing me off.....lol I keep thinking...who is that.....ooooh yeahhhh. it's KJ! isn't it wierd how we get to recognize people by them???? Like if I put a picture of me up....you all would be confused b/c I don't have a furry cute lil face like Polo......lol

I hate Mondays!!!!!!!!!!
That was a card I made and Bubba and Dave both asked me if it was a sticker, cuz I colored SOOOO good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #1754  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I hate Mondays!!!!!!!!!!
Hey girl..I may land at the hotel real early on Friday..would Friday be a good day to meet up? I have no cheer responsibilities that day or nite...I get the schedule soon..we have to report and watch other teams..it is a free event, you can go in there as well...it is attatched to that big mall..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #1755  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

I BELEIVE MFT sells it I get mine at the LSS....but EllenHutson might, allthatscraps. etc...if they sell Copics they prolly sell Momento! if you cant find it' I can send ya some!
I'll check thanks. All my LSS have closed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:48 PM   #1756  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I hate Mondays!!!!!!!!!!
yes you do, your nose is smaller though LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #1757  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I know I got a big fatty guy at M's for the bigger stamps.... I LOVE that ink until I got my copics...maybe stamp them set them aside... I stamp then color right away, haven't actually tried letting them set.....I just bought a jumbo bottle of refill too!
Come to think of it, the first time I used the prismas, I had stamped and set aside while I worked on the rest of the card, and all was fine. The second I stamped and colored right away. There was a wee bit of run, but I don't think you can see it if you don't know it is there - I was real careful. But I don't like to be that careful. Perhaps I will just let them sit for a bit. This pad is really old, so it was getting time to replace it anyway.

OK, so I need to find Memento, right? Does that come in a supersize by any chance? Does Michele/Jackie/Scrappy's store carry it? I wonder, hmmmmm...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #1758  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

THAT IS a sheltered Life.... No one told him what happens when you do THAT?????
Apparently not. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #1759  
Stazon Splitcoast

dj, I can go Friday night as long as I have notice so I can drive up there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #1760  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuGView Post
yes you do, your nose is smaller though LOL!
you funny...lol
Reply With Quote Likes