In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2009, 08:17 PM   #8161  
Gallery Gazer
 
FaieeMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 7,527
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymamaView Post
I AM a fan club member though!
Hmmm...that's weird! I'm a member too...so here are 2 cards I uploaded! LMK if you can't see mine either!

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1302687&cat=500&ppuser=42415

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1302686&cat=500&ppuser=42415
__________________
My blog*Confessions of a Stamper*
FaieeMom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 08:46 PM   #8162  
Die Cut Diva
 
Mrs_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 3,350
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaieeMomView Post
I know you're in Covina...lol...I just thought you went to the DB store in San Diego...that's the one I want to go to...lol. But hey...I didn't know there was one in Pasadena though...even closer...lol!
it was AMAZING! I LOVE it!

Maybe we could meet up in that area one day... cute places for lunch!!
__________________
~Cori

Find me on IG! crafting_ra_away
Mrs_S is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #8163  
Die Cut Diva
 
Mrs_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 3,350
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJeanView Post
Ummm NO KIDDING! Here is another one of her I took (this is my on my desktop right now)

Attachment 141372
she is tooo cute! Look @ her smile!
__________________
~Cori

Find me on IG! crafting_ra_away
Mrs_S is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 08:50 PM   #8164  
Die Cut Diva
 
Mrs_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 3,350
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaieeMomView Post
Hey chicas...I wanted to show you guys first before they go on my blog of what I've made using LV's Copics. These cards are ONLY Copics!
those are great girlfriend!!
__________________
~Cori

Find me on IG! crafting_ra_away
Mrs_S is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 08:51 PM   #8165  
Gallery Gazer
 
FaieeMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 7,527
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs_SView Post
it was AMAZING! I LOVE it!

Maybe we could meet up in that area one day... cute places for lunch!!
Def gonna take you up on that! Let me just work some corners and make some $$$ cus I KNOW I have to drop some dough if we go there! I need some watercolor paper and a couple more Copic air cans...lol. I'll holla~
__________________
My blog*Confessions of a Stamper*
FaieeMom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #8166  
Gallery Gazer
 
FaieeMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 7,527
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs_SView Post
those are great girlfriend!!
Thanks chica! Now I see all the hype...lol...still a "Team Prisma" girl! LOL!
__________________
My blog*Confessions of a Stamper*
FaieeMom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #8167  
Die Cut Diva
 
Mrs_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 3,350
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaieeMomView Post
Def gonna take you up on that! Let me just work some corners and make some $$$ cus I KNOW I have to drop some dough if we go there! I need some watercolor paper and a couple more Copic air cans...lol. I'll holla~
HOLLA!!!!!!!!!!! lol
__________________
~Cori

Find me on IG! crafting_ra_away
Mrs_S is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #8168  
Die Cut Diva
 
Mrs_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 3,350
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Gabby... you will die!!! I should have taken Joy there when she was here! It's a great store! I'm going back soon to buy more Tombow markers, Derwent Inktense colored pencils... & some more Blick Art markers!

Oh... I might be dumb... did ya'll know not to use watercolor paper w/ Copics??
__________________
~Cori

Find me on IG! crafting_ra_away
Mrs_S is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 09:01 PM   #8169  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
urscrappymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: with my Hos on Splitcoast!
Posts: 20,473
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Hello Ho's! wassup?
__________________
Scrappy~EB Ho/Crack Ho **MY BLOG! **Proud DT member of: Bugaboo Stamps, Crafty Hos,AIFactory, Shellys Images, Pile it On, Ooh la la, Aud Sentiments, KWED
urscrappymama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 09:01 PM   #8170  
Die Cut Diva
 
Mrs_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 3,350
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

what up Scrappy!!!
__________________
~Cori

Find me on IG! crafting_ra_away
Mrs_S is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 09:06 PM   #8171  
Gallery Gazer
 
FaieeMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 7,527
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs_SView Post
Gabby... you will die!!! I should have taken Joy there when she was here! It's a great store! I'm going back soon to buy more Tombow markers, Derwent Inktense colored pencils... & some more Blick Art markers!

Oh... I might be dumb... did ya'll know not to use watercolor paper w/ Copics??
Really? I didn't know that! I've used my Prismas on it...hmmm! I still need some...lol...I haven't done watercoloring in a LONG time! Plus my DS is getting into art like BIG TIME! He knows of artists I had never heard of before...lol! Good to know about the WC and Copics!
__________________
My blog*Confessions of a Stamper*
FaieeMom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #8172  
Gallery Gazer
 
FaieeMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 7,527
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymamaView Post
Hello Ho's! wassup?
Hey Scrappy!
__________________
My blog*Confessions of a Stamper*
FaieeMom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 09:10 PM   #8173  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
urscrappymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: with my Hos on Splitcoast!
Posts: 20,473
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I'm sitting here working on my MFT Idol Card...figure I'd better freakin' do it tonight so it'll be there by Tuesday night!
__________________
Scrappy~EB Ho/Crack Ho **MY BLOG! **Proud DT member of: Bugaboo Stamps, Crafty Hos,AIFactory, Shellys Images, Pile it On, Ooh la la, Aud Sentiments, KWED
urscrappymama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 03:31 AM   #8174  
Gabfest Goddess
 
chrispy1778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: On the left hand side of your right hand, palm up.
Posts: 7,592
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherthosestampsView Post
Why are they putting markers in jail now...I will have to play with both the Copics that I recently won at the Mingle and buy me a couple of the Prismas too..which color is good for the outline around the image..
It's a theft deterrant thing. Prismas sell like hotcakes online, and the criminal ring is fully aware.
Some warped irony to it all really. Electronic theft from retailers in W. MI is way down (including DVDs and Cds) but our local Wal Mart is considering security tagging the Martha Stewart crafts stuff because it gets boosted on darn near a daily basis.
__________________
Roberta ~ AKA Retro Ho~My Blog!~ Justice For The WM3!
chrispy1778 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 05:09 AM   #8175  
Forum Fanatic
 
babitoons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ...in a stamp filled world
Posts: 9,958
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymamaView Post
I'm sitting here working on my MFT Idol Card...figure I'd better freakin' do it tonight so it'll be there by Tuesday night!
Yea, that set really has me stumped! I don’t know where to even being a card using that set, its actually really bad. I think I am just going to pick a punch of colors and see how the stamping goes…lol….I plan on creating this card tonight so I don’t have to fret about it when I get home on Tuesday night.

Ladies, it is also the Mojo Monday contest week! If you upload and link your card to Mojo Monday blog I believe by Sunday sometime you can be entered to win a Verve set of your choice! Just passing on the info, this weeks sketch looks great!
__________________
Jackie
Stampin' Up! Demo, Stampin Jackie (Blog)
babitoons is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 05:31 AM   #8176  
Gallery Gazer
 
mcfadden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Just this side of eternity
Posts: 6,529
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Good morning everyone, have a good weekend?
__________________
McFadden/MacHappy Ho /Kash
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
mcfadden is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 07:45 AM   #8177  
Die Cut Diva
 
Mrs_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 3,350
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaieeMomView Post
Really? I didn't know that! I've used my Prismas on it...hmmm! I still need some...lol...I haven't done watercoloring in a LONG time! Plus my DS is getting into art like BIG TIME! He knows of artists I had never heard of before...lol! Good to know about the WC and Copics!
yeah... something about how the WC paper soaks up the alcohol from the pens, so in the long run you end up using more ink to get the desired effect of your image Well... that's a Copic certified teacher told me... who knows! lol
__________________
~Cori

Find me on IG! crafting_ra_away
Mrs_S is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 08:19 AM   #8178  
Glitter Guru
 
kafranci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montana, Big Sky Country!!
Posts: 5,711
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Good morning ladies!!!!

I am going to Great Falls My next week for a seminar for work and they have a Michael's and a Hobby Lobby!!!! I'm so excited!!!! If anyone has a link for coupons please let me know!!!!

Also, I've been hearing a ton about Prism's and Copic's so may have to pick up a couple. Can anyone tell me one that would be good to use for skin tone??
__________________
Karen **Fancy Franci Ho**
kafranci is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #8179  
Die Cut Diva
 
Mrs_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 3,350
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by kafranciView Post
Good morning ladies!!!!

I am going to Great Falls My next week for a seminar for work and they have a Michael's and a Hobby Lobby!!!! I'm so excited!!!! If anyone has a link for coupons please let me know!!!!

Also, I've been hearing a ton about Prism's and Copic's so may have to pick up a couple. Can anyone tell me one that would be good to use for skin tone??
Copics has one called Skin or Flesh... & then I like Fruity Pink also... I would try to stick to similar colors in that range for skin tones Hope that helps!
__________________
~Cori

Find me on IG! crafting_ra_away
Mrs_S is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 08:36 AM   #8180  
Forum Fanatic
 
babitoons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ...in a stamp filled world
Posts: 9,958
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I use skin white, E00 the most. Also, for hair colors I use Y11 (pale yellow) and E31 (brick beige) or E55 (light caramel). Hope that helps!
__________________
Jackie
Stampin' Up! Demo, Stampin Jackie (Blog)
babitoons is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 08:51 AM   #8181  
Glitter Guru
 
kafranci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montana, Big Sky Country!!
Posts: 5,711
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for the tips Jackie and Cori!!!!
__________________
Karen **Fancy Franci Ho**
kafranci is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 09:44 AM   #8182  
Gallery Gazer
 
FaieeMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 7,527
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by kafranciView Post
Good morning ladies!!!!

I am going to Great Falls My next week for a seminar for work and they have a Michael's and a Hobby Lobby!!!! I'm so excited!!!! If anyone has a link for coupons please let me know!!!!

Also, I've been hearing a ton about Prisma's and Copic's so may have to pick up a couple. Can anyone tell me one that would be good to use for skin tone??
With Prismas I use Pale Peach and Light Peach...Light Peach for the skin and pale Peach for the shadowing. For the hair I use Sienna Brown, Walnut, Dark Brown, & Cinammon Toast for a brunette. With Copics I have been using E00 (skin) and E02 (shadowing) along with R20 for the cheeks and Y17 with Y15 for the hair (when I want a "blonde"). HTH!
__________________
My blog*Confessions of a Stamper*
FaieeMom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #8183  
Gallery Gazer
 
mcfadden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Just this side of eternity
Posts: 6,529
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by kafranciView Post
Good morning ladies!!!!

I am going to Great Falls My next week for a seminar for work and they have a Michael's and a Hobby Lobby!!!! I'm so excited!!!! If anyone has a link for coupons please let me know!!!!

Also, I've been hearing a ton about Prism's and Copic's so may have to pick up a couple. Can anyone tell me one that would be good to use for skin tone??
Karen, you can sign up for coupons for Hobby Lobby via email and the same for Mikes. HL comes on Sunday, the coupon and the copy of the ad. I think Mike's comes on Sunday also.
__________________
McFadden/MacHappy Ho /Kash
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
mcfadden is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #8184  
Watercolor Wizard
 
sarhod99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Texas
Posts: 9,245
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs_SView Post
yeah... something about how the WC paper soaks up the alcohol from the pens, so in the long run you end up using more ink to get the desired effect of your image Well... that's a Copic certified teacher told me... who knows! lol
That makes sense - did that teacher happen to tell you what the best paper is to use? Like what brands maybe?
__________________
Sarah - Sweetie Ho - Sweet and Sassy
sarhod99 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #8185  
Glitter Guru
 
kafranci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montana, Big Sky Country!!
Posts: 5,711
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaieeMomView Post
With Prismas I use Pale Peach and Light Peach...Light Peach for the skin and pale Peach for the shadowing. For the hair I use Sienna Brown, Walnut, Dark Brown, & Cinammon Toast for a brunette. With Copics I have been using E00 (skin) and E02 (shadowing) along with R20 for the cheeks and Y17 with Y15 for the hair (when I want a "blonde"). HTH!
Thank you!!!! I printed this and am taking it with me!!!!
__________________
Karen **Fancy Franci Ho**
kafranci is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #8186  
Glitter Guru
 
kafranci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montana, Big Sky Country!!
Posts: 5,711
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfaddenView Post
Karen, you can sign up for coupons for Hobby Lobby via email and the same for Mikes. HL comes on Sunday, the coupon and the copy of the ad. I think Mike's comes on Sunday also.
Thank You, I'll sign up now and then print it from the hotel (I don't have a printer at hope, can you believe it?)
__________________
Karen **Fancy Franci Ho**
kafranci is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #8187  
Die Cut Diva
 
Mrs_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 3,350
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarhod99View Post
That makes sense - did that teacher happen to tell you what the best paper is to use? Like what brands maybe?
I think I missed that part... but she did say anything that is the thickness of Bazzill... I tried them on Michael's white paper that comes in a pack, & it worked fine.

Also, she said not use to Staz-on ink w/ Copics... she said the black ends up staining the tip... she said to use Momento or something else, but I can't remember right now. Obviously she was SUPER helpful!!! lol
__________________
~Cori

Find me on IG! crafting_ra_away
Mrs_S is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #8188  
Gabfest Goddess
 
chrispy1778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: On the left hand side of your right hand, palm up.
Posts: 7,592
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs_SView Post
I think I missed that part... but she did say anything that is the thickness of Bazzill... I tried them on Michael's white paper that comes in a pack, & it worked fine.

Also, she said not use to Staz-on ink w/ Copics... she said the black ends up staining the tip... she said to use Momento or something else, but I can't remember right now. Obviously she was SUPER helpful!!! lol
The Copic class that I attended at Archivers... the gal used plain ol' GP white for the flat stuff and Archivers textured white for the other option.
Obviously she opted for the cheapst paper that wouldn't be smudgy.

Cori, clearly you had the superior instructor! The gal who taught for us wasn't a certified Copic instructor, and while she did rattle off some papers to use and not use, she didn't mention anything about the StazOn ink... that was one that I had to figure out on my own, at the expense of a lovely shade of pink.
__________________
Roberta ~ AKA Retro Ho~My Blog!~ Justice For The WM3!
chrispy1778 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 12:27 PM   #8189  
Gallery Gazer
 
mcfadden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Just this side of eternity
Posts: 6,529
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by kafranciView Post
Thank You, I'll sign up now and then print it from the hotel (I don't have a printer at hope, can you believe it?)
Karen--if you happen to luck out and it's the 40% off coupon for HL--bring lots of friends w/you and print off lots of coupons. My HL is real serious about 1 coupon p/person p/day.
__________________
McFadden/MacHappy Ho /Kash
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
mcfadden is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #8190  
Gallery Gazer
 
mcfadden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Just this side of eternity
Posts: 6,529
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Kelli Jo and LJ--your changito images are in the mail today.
Lisa C--I keep forgetting to get a mailing tube from Jimmy, but I promise to get it soon. I looked for "scraps" and don't have any, so the full sheets will be sent.
__________________
McFadden/MacHappy Ho /Kash
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
mcfadden is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 12:30 PM   #8191  
Glitter Guru
 
kafranci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montana, Big Sky Country!!
Posts: 5,711
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfaddenView Post
Karen--if you happen to luck out and it's the 40% off coupon for HL--bring lots of friends w/you and print off lots of coupons. My HL is real serious about 1 coupon p/person p/day.
Great idea!!!! Thanks! There's just 2 of us going, but we will be there for a few nights so may need to make multiple trips!!!! LOL!!
__________________
Karen **Fancy Franci Ho**
kafranci is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #8192  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
LauraJean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: McFarland, WI (outside Madison)
Posts: 49,093
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Did anyone check out the MFT Ambassador winners? None of the Ho's won
__________________
Laura Jean / LJ
LauraJean is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 12:39 PM   #8193  
Glitter Guru
 
kafranci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montana, Big Sky Country!!
Posts: 5,711
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I did see that, darn it anyhow!!!!
__________________
Karen **Fancy Franci Ho**
kafranci is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #8194  
Gabfest Goddess
 
chrispy1778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: On the left hand side of your right hand, palm up.
Posts: 7,592
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by kafranciView Post
Great idea!!!! Thanks! There's just 2 of us going, but we will be there for a few nights so may need to make multiple trips!!!! LOL!!
You can view HL coupons from their website, without signing up for the emails... last week was a 40% coupon... this week's is 25% off any one reg. price item.

Karen, I received an email from Mike's last week that is good through Saturday, and in that is a 50% off coupon (and some others). I'd be happy to forward the email to you.
__________________
Roberta ~ AKA Retro Ho~My Blog!~ Justice For The WM3!
chrispy1778 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #8195  
Forum Fanatic
 
babitoons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ...in a stamp filled world
Posts: 9,958
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJeanView Post
Did anyone check out the MFT Ambassador winners? None of the Ho's won
Yea, I only had a chance to the Guest Designer card, but none of the Hos won any of them! Oh well, better luck next time!
__________________
Jackie
Stampin' Up! Demo, Stampin Jackie (Blog)
babitoons is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 01:08 PM   #8196  
Die Cut Diva
 
Mrs_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 3,350
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy1778View Post
The Copic class that I attended at Archivers... the gal used plain ol' GP white for the flat stuff and Archivers textured white for the other option.
Obviously she opted for the cheapst paper that wouldn't be smudgy.

Cori, clearly you had the superior instructor! The gal who taught for us wasn't a certified Copic instructor, and while she did rattle off some papers to use and not use, she didn't mention anything about the StazOn ink... that was one that I had to figure out on my own, at the expense of a lovely shade of pink.
she was awesome!!!! I'm sorry you had to learn the hard way w/ your tips & Stazon I'll have to search & see what other types of inks work best w/ copics or other alcohol based markers....

Oh! & I love how the Copic colorless blender is kind of like an eraser!!!!
__________________
~Cori

Find me on IG! crafting_ra_away
Mrs_S is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 01:13 PM   #8197  
Glitter Guru
 
kafranci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montana, Big Sky Country!!
Posts: 5,711
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy1778View Post
You can view HL coupons from their website, without signing up for the emails... last week was a 40% coupon... this week's is 25% off any one reg. price item.

Karen, I received an email from Mike's last week that is good through Saturday, and in that is a 50% off coupon (and some others). I'd be happy to forward the email to you.
Through this Saturday, the 11th? If so, no need, we don't get there until Monday the 13th, but if it's the 18th, let me know and I'll pm you my email address.
__________________
Karen **Fancy Franci Ho**
kafranci is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 01:47 PM   #8198  
Gabfest Goddess
 
chrispy1778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: On the left hand side of your right hand, palm up.
Posts: 7,592
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs_SView Post
she was awesome!!!! I'm sorry you had to learn the hard way w/ your tips & Stazon I'll have to search & see what other types of inks work best w/ copics or other alcohol based markers....

Oh! & I love how the Copic colorless blender is kind of like an eraser!!!!
I don't have a Copic colorless blender, but I do have a Prisma... and I concur. It's awesome. I swear by it when using greys.
I've done a lot of trial and error since my class at Archiver's. Still have a long way to go, though, until I'll be really happy with my coloring skills.

OT, but essential.. thank you for the birthday card, Cori! I love happy mail, and super cute NIN-ful happy mail is the bestest.
__________________
Roberta ~ AKA Retro Ho~My Blog!~ Justice For The WM3!
chrispy1778 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 02:10 PM   #8199  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
LauraJean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: McFarland, WI (outside Madison)
Posts: 49,093
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

I still don't know how or what is the best way to use the prisma blender. It just looks the same after I use it, any tips?
__________________
Laura Jean / LJ
LauraJean is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #8200  
Die Cut Diva
 
Mrs_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 3,350
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy1778View Post
I don't have a Copic colorless blender, but I do have a Prisma... and I concur. It's awesome. I swear by it when using greys.
I've done a lot of trial and error since my class at Archiver's. Still have a long way to go, though, until I'll be really happy with my coloring skills.

OT, but essential.. thank you for the birthday card, Cori! I love happy mail, and super cute NIN-ful happy mail is the bestest.
hehe... you're welcome!!!
__________________
~Cori

Find me on IG! crafting_ra_away
Mrs_S is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off