Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #5201  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sandye, the good news is, he will be better than ever after the recuperation. It doesnt' last long these days, they probably already have him walking around or at least tomorrow. My dad had quintuple by pass and I was shocked at how fast he was up on his feet.
Having just nursed my dh I am right there with you on the unsympathetic thing. I did the same thing to him - he said he didn't feel well and was going to the ER I told him to wait until morning and go see the dr. good thing he didn't listen to me.
I will be thinking of you and dh.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 02:48 PM   #5202  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

I did a litlle updateing on my blog today, some pix of the kids in the snow. and some of my projects. I have a lot on the camera and with the new computer I havent' figured out how to get them onto the computer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 02:49 PM   #5203  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

could I have misspelled any more words? LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 03:31 PM   #5204  
Stazon Splitcoast

You are being ridiculous! Of course you get to come back as same as before because IT IS as same as before silly
Quote:

Originally Posted by FaieeMomView Post
Hi everyone! Yeah...surprised to see me here huh? Well I just wanted to check in and catch up on what you guys are up to. I've been away to long to come in here as if nothing...but I just wanted to see what was up you know? I'll get the hint if I'm not thought of as the same as before. I know I've been bad about chatting it up in here...but...well...I have no valid reason you haven't already heard.

Scrappy...OMG I am LOL at Anabella's recent do's! Oh why I don't miss the 2's and 3's. Mine who's soon to be 5 is now where she's just sassy and a "baby" at the same time seeing she's not getting the same attention as she did before. Right now she's on the floor kicking and screaming all because Oscar offered her some fried eggplant he made. Kids...can't wait 'til their out of the house! Hope she starts behaving and gives you a break. Good luck to you my dear friend! LOL!

Ok...I am off but I wont be gone too long... Gotta take care of the princess problem whatever it os today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #5205  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgcView Post
Okay you ladies--prayers needed here too! As I was getting ready for work this morning, my husband told me he did not feel well. I told him to suck it up and get going. After I left, he called 911, and was taken to the hospital by ambulance with a heart attack. They determined he had 100% blockage in one of his arteries, and by the time I got to the hospital, his stent surgery was over. They think there was no damage, and he should recover 100%. The prayers, however, are for me. As you can see from my comments this morning, I'm not a good nurse; he also is not the best patient. He acts pitiful and I act nasty. Hopefully we will both make it through this

Sandye/sgc
Hang in there Sandye! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 03:48 PM   #5206  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Host

I just finished two challenge cards, I'm TOTALLY bummed, the Tote swap was SOOO time consuming and you so cant tell...I have like 4 layers in place and the window I stamped on an acetate sheet to give it some shine...**sigh** oh well, I think it's AWESOME! LMAO!

Here they are.....
Tote-ally Fantastic
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=124694

Sketch Challenge 69
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 03:53 PM   #5207  

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfaddenView Post
Does everyone know about this? Got the email on Monday, 2-23-09

February 23, 2009
Dear Kathy,
Today through Friday, February 27th
Whipper Snapper Designs will apply a $3.00 credit to all orders over $30.00 to offset shipping costs!
Just use Code - SHIP2U and a $3.00 credit will be applied.
Please note that this adjustment will not be seen in the automated shipping costs but applied to the cart total.
This offer cannot be applied to previous placed orders or wholesale accounts.
Limit 1 coupon per customer - includes International shipping!
Have a great week!
Whipper Snapper Designs
Paper Crafting Contest

SO totally perfect BarbaraLynn just opened ANOTHER WS Swap and of COURSE I'm in.... LOL WAHOOOO "kinda sorta but not really free shipping!" GOTTA LOVE THAT!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 03:54 PM   #5208  

Quote:

Kelli Jo---Please post info about TSG new release on all my swaps!
Oh thanks Kash...I started babbling hit submit and then thought YIKES!!!! But she really is a good gal !!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #5209  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgcView Post
Okay you ladies--prayers needed here too! As I was getting ready for work this morning, my husband told me he did not feel well. I told him to suck it up and get going. After I left, he called 911, and was taken to the hospital by ambulance with a heart attack. They determined he had 100% blockage in one of his arteries, and by the time I got to the hospital, his stent surgery was over. They think there was no damage, and he should recover 100%. The prayers, however, are for me. As you can see from my comments this morning, I'm not a good nurse; he also is not the best patient. He acts pitiful and I act nasty. Hopefully we will both make it through this

Sandye/sgc
Oh my god.. Sandye!! Thank goodness that he got to the hospital in time!

I think that it's a universal male trait to be a whiner when taking ill (and "ill" is a very loose term), and the bigger the illness, the bigger the crybaby.

Prayers for you both- him for a speedy and safe recovery and you for the patience to endure him while it's happening. *hug*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 04:35 PM   #5210  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Hey Roberta! *waves back* True that...but I have been away from here.

Turns out the tantrum throwing princess was sleepy. I tell her..."WHY IN HECK do you get up so early if you're still sleepy?" she just rolled her eyes...sucked her thumb and walked away from me. I go check on her and she's soooo asleep on my bed...lol. 9 going on 19...lol! I feel ya!
I bet you do! You've got a teenager and all those extra rampant horomones on your hands!
I'm DREADING that with EVERY ounce of my being. Doc says Miss J's levels are high now - she's got actaul boobs now (poor kid got her mama's genes) and if her mood swings are any indication of what we will be in for...

Anyone else remember the Katy Kaboom cartoon shorts from Animaniacs?

I thought of you and LV when Jennah and I were in Justice the other day... one corner of the store looked like the Jonas Brothers fanclub headquarters blew up and left behind its mess.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 04:38 PM   #5211  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJoView Post
I just finished two challenge cards, I'm TOTALLY bummed, the Tote swap was SOOO time consuming and you so cant tell...I have like 4 layers in place and the window I stamped on an acetate sheet to give it some shine...**sigh** oh well, I think it's AWESOME! LMAO!

Here they are.....
Tote-ally Fantastic

Sketch Challenge 69
Gorgeous, just gorgeous--and it's more like "Great minds think alike" --so NOT an unknown copy cat!
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #5212  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just checkin in (a little later than expected)

First of all, HUGS Sandye and speedy recovery wishes to your DH. Thank goodness you called 911. Many don't until it's too late. HUGS!

Work was terrible (Thanks KJ for letting me vent!) today UGH I had 2 presentations for one meeting on the agenda, and then management decided to add a 3rd project at 1:01 PM for a 1:00 meeting. I was totally unprepared to discuss it, my work had not even been through a peer review yet, and I "jibbered" through most of it since I had NO time to organize my thoughts (except for the 30 seconds it took to walk to my desk and grab the 4" folder full of data,

Of course, a trip to Cambridge WI (Matt Kenseth Headquarters), and a trip down to the pizza place in my home town for a FEW drinks, and I'm feeling a little better Just don't tell my manager how many I had though Dad was down there so he knows, but I said "Not a WORD to mom about my beverage of choice!". LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 05:55 PM   #5213  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey all, I just joined myspace tonight - search for buckygirl09 - that's me. I just started so there is not much there LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 06:07 PM   #5214  
Stazon Splitcoast

hey LJ, I'll look you up!

KJ, I think you are very creative, you always come up with stuff I'd never even think of, and I left you some love!

I am so jealous, everyone is getting their MFT sets except me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 06:09 PM   #5215  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Joy! I'm starting a sports blog too, a couple of friends & past baseball fans I have been on trips suggested it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 06:48 PM   #5216  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJeanView Post
Thanks Joy! I'm starting a sports blog too, a couple of friends & past baseball fans I have been on trips suggested it.

LJ, I can't find you I think you have to look by the name you have in your profile, and my computer is acting all wonky, I think I'm under Joy S

Also, I just got good news, my work is getting published for sure in the Hobby Lobby magazine (not sure how many of the pieces of the 3 she asked for) but I should be receiving my copy this week (it's due out in April), so LJ, I will have it when I come down to see you! YAY!

LJ, the theme for this quarter is sports, so you should try and submit some of your stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #5217  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Okay I'm not a parent--but is this really terrible 2's or post move stress syndrome? Or in other words did the move freak her out?
She's gonna be 3 next week, but I think it's a combination of both! She is having a tough time adapting here because she is used to our old incredibly busy schedule. We used to do 2 to 3 playdates/activities as well as schoolwork everyday. Now we are at loose ends as far as playdates and she is refusing to settle down with me to work on her schoolwork.

Time should fix her up soon tho...I'm signing her up for seven new classes, and she is starting her first one next Tuesday! <WHEW!> Thank God for Lisa's advice to check into the towns rec dept. schedule!

We found a school that we like alot, but it is super spendy - and we don't know where we are going to buy our home yet so it might be too far away. Unfortunately, so far it is the only one we have liked enough to consider! We'll see after she starts her classes next week though. Hopefully things will get better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 07:07 PM   #5218  
Stazon Splitcoast

I had a super delightful moment today though too! Binny sent me a whole set of COPICS!!! Have I mentioned how much she freakin' ROCKS!?

BTW... LJ~ Binny also mentioned you gave her your spot in the pocket card swap too! Thx. for takin' care of her for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 07:18 PM   #5219  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymamaView Post
I had a super delightful moment today though too! Binny sent me a whole set of COPICS!!! Have I mentioned how much she freakin' ROCKS!?

BTW... LJ~ Binny also mentioned you gave her your spot in the pocket card swap too! Thx. for takin' care of her for me!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can she send me a set too??? how many are in a set? What a rockin friend!

I am glad you guys are settling in and are finding things in the area!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #5220  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreakView Post
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can she send me a set too??? how many are in a set? What a rockin friend!

I am glad you guys are settling in and are finding things in the area!
There are 36 in a set! She got me set "D" from MFT! She freakin' TOTALLY rocks!!! I'm getting ready to pitch in the towel on unpacking for the night so I can color!

In other good news - I have finally located my camera! The batteries are dead, but I'm charging them now. I should be able to post pix tommorrow! Woo Hoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 10:12 PM   #5221  

I see a banner for Cat's PJ's UGH!!!!! TOO MANY NEW STAMPS!!!! My account cant keep up.... SPEAKING OF/....

MFT VIP Package is up so I freak out run over there and start clikcin away AFTER I "confirm order" I notice the amount... OMG I still had OTHER things in my cart...I wouldn't care but I have already ordered and received all of those... SO I placed a SECOND order for the VIP Package AFTER emptying my account...I send Kim a PM to 'splain what my PITA self did and didn't pay the first one via paypal but paid the 2nd one with my CC....

OMG I'm a lil stressed at the moment and all this HOT ON THE HEELS of finishing my Village People card using Riley's you talk about masking and cutting...THEN I couldn't find my glossy CS so my brayer is looking crappier than crap.... UGH!!!! I couldn't resist though and used MFT Bling Bet on the card and spelled YMCA with clear bling! LMAO OMG I sent Kristi a PM to ask where to post it too..... HAHAHAHAH Such a friggin CUTE card, SO silly and aboslutely NO LO on it tough enough to fit 5 Rileys on a card complete with wardrobe!!!!

OK, I babble, must be lack of sleep, gonna pop off of here (after peeking at the Cats) it keeps FLASHING
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 04:01 AM   #5222  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherthosestampsView Post
Gael..try again on my blog
yay! It worked!! What did you do to fix it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 04:01 AM   #5223  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Kelli Jo---Please post info about TSG new release on all my swaps!
Mine, too!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 04:17 AM   #5224  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

OMG I'm a lil stressed at the moment and all this HOT ON THE HEELS of finishing my Village People card using Riley's you talk about masking and cutting...THEN I couldn't find my glossy CS so my brayer is looking crappier than crap.... UGH!!!! I couldn't resist though and used MFT Bling Bet on the card and spelled YMCA with clear bling! LMAO OMG I sent Kristi a PM to ask where to post it too..... HAHAHAHAH Such a friggin CUTE card, SO silly and aboslutely NO LO on it tough enough to fit 5 Rileys on a card complete with wardrobe!!!!
Hey KJ - where is this card?? I t sounds AWESOME!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 05:44 AM   #5225  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawaView Post
Hey KJ - where is this card?? I t sounds AWESOME!
You must show us!

Sandye hope hubby is doing better and you not feeling guilty! Take care of both of you!

Scrappy I hope you like the classes. I have done tons thru Cary but assume MvIlle will be similar.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 06:33 AM   #5226  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Here they are.....
Tote-ally Fantastic

Sketch Challenge 69
OMG!!! Those are awesome!!! I love the tote one, does look time cosuming but so tote-ally cool!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 06:35 AM   #5227  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawaView Post
yay! It worked!! What did you do to fix it?
lol..nothing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 06:39 AM   #5228  
Stazon Splitcoast

ScraPPY..i WISH I owned one copic..good for you.

KL/..love them cards

can you feel it,can you feel it,can you feel it!

if you look around
the whole world's coming together now.
feel it in the air
the wind is taking it everywhere.

all the colors of the world should be
lovin' each other wholeheartedly.
yes it's alright,take my message to your brother and tell him twice.
spread the word who tried to teach the man who is hatin' his brother,
when hate won't do
'cause we're all the same
yes the blood inside of me is inside of you.

now tell me!

can you see what's going down, you can feel it in your bones

every breath you take,
is someone's death in another place.
every healthy smile,
is hunger and strife to another child.
but the stars do shine
and promising salvation is near this time.
can you feel it now,
so brothers and sisters
shall we know how.

now tell me!
can you feel it,tell me can you feel it,can you feel it!
talk now can you see what's going down open up your mind.

all the children of the world should be
lovin' each other wholeheartedly
yes it's alright
take my message to your brother and tell him twice.
take the news to the marchin' men
who are killin' their brothers,when death won't do.
yes we're all the same
yes the blood inside my veins is inside of you.

now tell me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 06:49 AM   #5229  

I sent a PM asking where to load the Village People card at to Kristi, no reply yet, it was a joke during the last release so I'm not sure if I have to wait til the next release (just a couple days now) and THEN post it. I will let you all know though.... LOL It is SOOOO tackiliscious!

My VIP order was A OK Kim let me know this AM... I think I was in the top 2 orders! LMAO OMG but that WTG set is SUPER cute...hangin with my peeps... LOL I saw a sneak of a new Riley on SweetMissDaisey's blog....Riley is soaking his feet!!!! tee hee!!!!

I hope you all have an awesome Day...I am SOOO stinkin sick, my throat feels like FIRE!!!!! Go figure 6 days off and I'm gonna be sick!

Huggin da Ho's!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 07:18 AM   #5230  
Forum Fanatic

Oh! I ordered the MFT VIP kit too! I can't wait for that set, it looks adorable! Plus I saw that Riley...how adorable is he?! I think I may need to order more Riley's...lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 07:19 AM   #5231  
Die Cut Diva

morning ladies!!!

If you get a chance, & want to find out how my afternoon/night went yesterday, check out my blog.

It's funny now, but it wasn't at the time! lol When it rains, IT POURS!!

Find me on IG! crafting_ra_away
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 07:19 AM   #5232  
Forum Fanatic

These releases are running me dry ladies! Paper Prettier...MFT....Gina K....TSG....Unity....High Hopes....the Greeting Farm....Hanna Stamps....Whiff of Joy...Magnolia....not buying them all but wishing I could
Although I may order Magnolia's, the conversion is great right now for their stamps

Last edited by babitoons; 02-25-2009 at 07:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 07:47 AM   #5233  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoorahView Post
You are being ridiculous! Of course you get to come back as same as before because IT IS as same as before silly
Silly...I love it when you talk like that to me! LOL!

Quote:

Here they are.....
Tote-ally Fantastic

Sketch Challenge 69
LOVE THEM! Left ya some love!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy1778View Post
I bet you do! You've got a teenager and all those extra rampant horomones on your hands!
I'm DREADING that with EVERY ounce of my being. Doc says Miss J's levels are high now - she's got actaul boobs now (poor kid got her mama's genes) and if her mood swings are any indication of what we will be in for...

Anyone else remember the Katy Kaboom cartoon shorts from Animaniacs?

I thought of you and LV when Jennah and I were in Justice the other day... one corner of the store looked like the Jonas Brothers fanclub headquarters blew up and left behind its mess.
HA...talk about hormones and boobies! I am ready to pass out. She keeps growing and OMG the ATTITUDE!!! She inherited my genes too...poor kid! Even Oscar was like..."damn...how come she couldn't take after my genes (flat)"...LMAO...I don't want her to flat either but DAYUM! I made fun of her the other day about slacutting off half of her boobies to add it to the butt...LMAO...she has NO booty!!! That's good though because she's getting wide thighs. Another mom gene. *rolls eyes* She's already a C cup!!! *faints* I was wearing C cup in 4th grade...it was SOOOOO embarassing! Isn't it sick the whole JB thing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJeanView Post
And you would SOOOO kick butt at that! I love reading your sporty reports!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 07:50 AM   #5234  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by babitoonsView Post
These releases are running me dry ladies! Paper Prettier...MFT....Gina K....TSG....Unity....High Hopes....the Greeting Farm....Hanna Stamps....Whiff of Joy...Magnolia....not buying them all but wishing I could
Although I may order Magnolia's, the conversion is great right now for their stamps
And that's why I try to disappear at times! LMAO! I'm patiently waiting for my tax return to do some SERIOUS damage. I'm trying to be good though...I'm trying not to buy something I wont be using. Can you believe I still have about 20+ sets...MFT, Hanna, Gina K., etc....that still hasn't seen ink??? It's a sick obsession!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 07:53 AM   #5235  
Gallery Gazer

HA...speaking on the Village People and masking...I feel your pain KJ...look at what I made for Miss LV! It's none other than the Jonas Brothers...LMAO!
Attached Thumbnails
2nd Annual HPC Convention July 24-27 2009... part 3-lvs-jb-b-day.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 08:25 AM   #5236  
Forum Fanatic

Oh I love that card! How cute is that! Nicely done Gabby!

I know what you mean about sets needing to be inked up..I try to grab for my uninked sets first, but my favorites take over sometimes....lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 08:32 AM   #5237  
Gallery Gazer

Gabby love that JB card.
I just love the way u and lv color!!!

KJ- youre cards are awesome.

Scrappy- you'll be getting images soon, and some happy mail next week plus a BDAY prezzie for Annabella ( but it wn't get there in time for her bday)

Sanye- I wish DH a feast recovery!

"The reason for time is so that things don't happen all at once." - Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 08:34 AM   #5238  
Gallery Gazer

As far as the new releases go. I ordered MFT VIP package today and was one of the first 50

Since Hanna stamps added a lot more unounted riley's that were previsouly released, i'm going to wait a little until the new release and might order them all. I have a huge order there. still not sure if i will be getting them all.

and of course I want to get the new TSG sets.

and thats it! I'm not venturing off to anyother sites before i go into debt once more. Oh yea ( I did get chef ian stamps and nurse anya!)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #5239  
Gallery Gazer

I checked out miss daisey's blog. and that Soaking riley is too cute... but i think it should have been a soaking sophie... i mean there are nailplish bottles next to it. perhaps riley has gone metro in that image!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 09:30 AM   #5240  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

HA...talk about hormones and boobies! I am ready to pass out. She keeps growing and OMG the ATTITUDE!!! She inherited my genes too...poor kid! Even Oscar was like..."damn...how come she couldn't take after my genes (flat)"...LMAO...I don't want her to flat either but DAYUM! I made fun of her the other day about slacutting off half of her boobies to add it to the butt...LMAO...she has NO booty!!! That's good though because she's getting wide thighs. Another mom gene. *rolls eyes* She's already a C cup!!! *faints* I was wearing C cup in 4th grade...it was SOOOOO embarassing! Isn't it sick the whole JB thing?
That just makes me cringe.. I'm headed down that road, and twelve isn't all that far away...
My kid's doomed if she really takes after me. What we've come to refer to as 'The Family A**' sets in for every woman in my dad's family after about age 24. Kids, no kids, thin, fat. The Family A** spares no one and shows no mercy. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes