Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #5161  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJoView Post
Hey Scrappy not much!
Did that guy lose his voice yet?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 08:38 PM   #5162  
Stazon Splitcoast

Guess I missed everyone... Night all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 09:10 PM   #5163  
Die Cut Diva

Everyone gone now??

Find me on IG! crafting_ra_away
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 03:20 AM   #5164  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

MOrning everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 04:00 AM   #5165  
Gallery Gazer

morning everyone well I tried to post on here last nite but this thing had a mind of its own (@@)
Scrappy know that you are in my thoughts baby she just needs time to adjust she is just missing all that was familiar once you get her there she will befine just reassure her that she is safe and take care of you too big hugs and lots of love to you
Laura Jean well hunny hows the Knee and how are you baby girl Ouchie I know you must have been in lots of pain girl I will be thinking of you today and keeping you in my prayers be careful out there baby
Kellijo how are things in your neck of the woods girl everything going okay I read you were taliking about some card dont know which but girl you know what ever you create is awesome!!!
MIss Joy how are you doing ??? hope all is well in your neck of the woods
Elizabeth I am glad to hear that your surgery went well speedy recoverey and take care big hugs your way.
okay and for the rest of you ladies take care be safe and take care big hugs and lots of love your way!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 04:21 AM   #5166  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymamaView Post
Yeah...that's what I hear - and fear! She was trying to force her sandwich meat into the television vents this afternoon. Then- while I was trying to clean that mess up, she went into the bathroom to "wash her hands" and poured several small buckets of water all over the floor, counter, and toilet! While I cleaned up the 'flood', she decided that my toilet needed to be 'plunged'...especially after she put the two extra rolls of toilet paper in there! Then she was chasing the cat around with the box of toilet paper wipes, screaming that she is 'yucky' because she used the litter and didn't 'wipe'! Figures that the only time she wasn't standing close enough for me to feel her breath, she was getting into trouble!
Yvonne, my prayers are with you, my friend!
Jennah was hellish in from about age 2 1/2 to age four. Her sudden diva monstrosity swing was when we decided to have a second child - we hoped it'd even her out to level the playing field! LOL

For the record, it didn't work.

On top of being a precocious toddler, she's adjusting to a move. Everything familiar is in boxes and this new place, while interesting, is probably pretty scary to her.
Giving her something to do might be your solution, as you'd pondered.

We found our house and finished the move in just over four weeks (we'd been looking at houses, but as we'd been at it loosely for less than a month, didn't expect we'd land one when we did) from bid sumbmission to the last day of unloading.
Jennah was four, and the boys turned two and one the week of the move.
I had three very unhappy, very disoriented kids to contend with while packing, moving and painting the new place (and that was only a 20-ish mile commute - I cannot imagine how hard it is from one state to another!).

The week that our bid was accepted I started scounting for playgroups and preschools in the area, and ended up finding some great programs for Miss J, and making friends with a gal whom I now absolutely treasure and love calling my near neighbor.
It worked out in the end, and we saved most of our sanity... Jennah was in school shortly after the move, and we found activities groups for the boys to keep them occupied as Iain's bevahior and wellness permitted.

You'll get through it.... just use your resources (you have a very helpful angel in Lisa right around the corner!!) and scout out a co-op that'll let you put in your hours a few weeks down the road.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 05:09 AM   #5167  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJeanView Post
It's got MY vote.....

Night everyone!
Mine too!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 05:11 AM   #5168  
Stazon Splitcoast

morning girls, well I made it half way to work and had to turn around and come home, I'm in too much pain and when I'm in pain like this, I know I'm not gonna make it through the day. So I'm going back to bed after taking some meds and will check in later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 05:24 AM   #5169  
Forum Fanatic

So yesterday was my first full day back to work since October and I survived! Unfortunately…not so much this morning. I must have done too much yesterday because I had to fight to get out of bed and stay awake for my morning drive. Hopefully today will be easier. Last night I got home and just dropped on the couch, it took me about two hours to drag myself off the couch and head to my room. I slept about 9 hours and I am still tired today…this is going to be a long week…lol

On the plus side, now that I am full time I start to accrue vacation days again…HPC here I come!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 06:06 AM   #5170  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Jackie, I'm so glad to hear you're back to work, I can't imagine being off that long, keeping my sanity, and then going back to work! I am so glad you are feeling better, please continue to let us know how you're doing and good luck at work. It sounds like you have amazing co-workers, so I'm sure that helps too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 07:24 AM   #5171  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

WHAAAAAT?!?!?!?!

Where is that class again Lisa?
Greensboro It is probably sold out by now
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 07:31 AM   #5172  
Glitter Guru

How about I come Wed and take you two to lunch? Then when she gets used to me maybe she'll come have a play day with Carly.

Call Little Gym and ask for a trial class. Then she can have some kids to play with and see if you want to do it. I don't remember what age the parents get to sit outside and watch but it is fun either way. All 3 of my kids did it and made some friends we still do thiings with.

Check with the Town of Morrisville and Cary for their activities. I know M'ville has an indoor pool or you can come here and I take you to my gym that has an indoor pool with a slide. Also the libraries have great story times for the toddler/preschoolers. Borders and B&N also have story time but the libraries usually do a puppet show too..and the books are free!

Quote:

Lisa has offered...But *might* wanna change her mind! After all the crazy stuff Annabella pulled today, Lisa really would be a Basket-Case Ho to wanna take her on! Annabella is being so clingy - she might refuse to go! That's partly why I'm looking into a class or program to enroll her in.

She's been alot better this evening (knock on wood!)! She took a little nap, and ate dinner without complaint. She's now sitting here quietly making cards for her 'best friend' and her 'boyfriend' (Binny's son). Hopefully it will last through Heroes tonight -but I'm not counting on it!!

Last edited by wildbasket; 02-24-2009 at 07:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 07:35 AM   #5173  
Gallery Gazer

Hi everyone! Yeah...surprised to see me here huh? Well I just wanted to check in and catch up on what you guys are up to. I've been away to long to come in here as if nothing...but I just wanted to see what was up you know? I'll get the hint if I'm not thought of as the same as before. I know I've been bad about chatting it up in here...but...well...I have no valid reason you haven't already heard.

Scrappy...OMG I am LOL at Anabella's recent do's! Oh why I don't miss the 2's and 3's. Mine who's soon to be 5 is now where she's just sassy and a "baby" at the same time seeing she's not getting the same attention as she did before. Right now she's on the floor kicking and screaming all because Oscar offered her some fried eggplant he made. Kids...can't wait 'til their out of the house! Hope she starts behaving and gives you a break. Good luck to you my dear friend! LOL!

Ok...I am off but I wont be gone too long... Gotta take care of the princess problem whatever it os today.

Last edited by FaieeMom; 02-24-2009 at 09:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 09:41 AM   #5174  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJoView Post
LMAO!!! TRAUMATIC THREE's YIKES!!!!!
lol..glad they are gone...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #5175  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok..I think we should all be in HO-spital...then we could have a sick ho down.....I went back to the DR. today..now I am on Steroids for 9 days, and cough medicine...YEAH..and I even get codeine withit..maybe this will kick this Bronchitis in it's ars...

I have to meet with Manda on Friday..and Heather...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 09:45 AM   #5176  
Stazon Splitcoast

If you start me up
If you start me up I'll never stop
If you start me up
I've been running hot
You got me ticking gonna blow my top
If you start me up

You make a grown man cry
Spread out the oil, the gasoline
I walk smooth, ride in a mean, mean machine
Start it up

If you start it up
Kick on the starter give it all you got, you got, you got
I can't compete with the riders in the other heats
If you rough it up
If you like it you can slide it up, slide it up

Don't make a grown man cry
My eyes dilate, my lips go green
My hands are greasy
She's a mean, mean machine
Start it up

If start me up
Give it all you got
You got to never, never, never stop
Never, never
Slide it up

You make a grown man cry
Ride like the wind at double speed
I'll take you places that you've never, never seen
Start it up
Love the day when we will never stop, never stop
Never stop, never stop
Tough me up
Never stop, never stop, never stop

You, you, you make a grown man cry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 09:56 AM   #5177  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

Okay you ladies--prayers needed here too! As I was getting ready for work this morning, my husband told me he did not feel well. I told him to suck it up and get going. After I left, he called 911, and was taken to the hospital by ambulance with a heart attack. They determined he had 100% blockage in one of his arteries, and by the time I got to the hospital, his stent surgery was over. They think there was no damage, and he should recover 100%. The prayers, however, are for me. As you can see from my comments this morning, I'm not a good nurse; he also is not the best patient. He acts pitiful and I act nasty. Hopefully we will both make it through this

Sandye/sgc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 09:58 AM   #5178  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgcView Post
Okay you ladies--prayers needed here too! As I was getting ready for work this morning, my husband told me he did not feel well. I told him to suck it up and get going. After I left, he called 911, and was taken to the hospital by ambulance with a heart attack. They determined he had 100% blockage in one of his arteries, and by the time I got to the hospital, his stent surgery was over. They think there was no damage, and he should recover 100%. The prayers, however, are for me. As you can see from my comments this morning, I'm not a good nurse; he also is not the best patient. He acts pitiful and I act nasty. Hopefully we will both make it through this

Sandye/sgc
Sandye..thank God he got to the hospitall,,,,I will so keep you both in my prayers..my dad had this 5 years ago and today feels great..hugs my friend
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #5179  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Sandye/sgc
OMG Sandye!!! Definitely sending prayers your way hun!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 10:04 AM   #5180  
Die Cut Diva

So I survived my first day back to school yesterday... & I'm SUPER excited! It's gonna be a challenge, but I'm up for it. Unfortunately, this means all my crafting is gonna have to be seriously limited to only Sat. & MAYBE sundays... That's ok though! Woo hoo!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 10:19 AM   #5181  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaieeMomView Post
Hi everyone! Yeah...surprised to see me here huh? Well I just wanted to check in and catch up on what you guys are up to. I've been away to long to come in here as if nothing...but I just wanted to see what was up you know? I'll get the hint if I'm not thought of as the same as before. I know I've been bad about chatting it up in here...but...well...I have no valid reason you haven't already heard.

Scrappy...OMG I am LOL at Anabella's recent do's! Oh why I don't miss the 2's and 3's. Mine who's soon to be 5 is now where she's just sassy and a "baby" at the same time seeing she's not getting the same attention as she did before. Right now she's on the floor kicking and screaming all because Oscar offered her some fried eggplant he made. Kids...can't wait 'til their out of the house! Hope she starts behaving and gives you a break. Good luck to you my dear friend! LOL!

Ok...I am off but I wont be gone too long... Gotta take care of the princess problem whatever it os today.
*waves an enthusastic hello* Gabby!!

I'm happy to see you, but it doesn't feel like you've been away (to me) because of the Twilight swaps.
Good luck with your tantrum throwing princess. I don't miss those days, but nine going on nineteen isn't a picnic either... LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 10:50 AM   #5182  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Sandye! hugs to you! prayers for all of you. And hun, I would say the same thing to my DH...when he tells me he doesn't feel well....I say "What am I supposed to do? There's medicine in the cabinet." Don't beat yourself up, he knows you truly love him, gosh, look how long you've been together! I'm glad it looks like he will be ok!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 11:12 AM   #5183  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Sandye/sgc
oh hunny know that you are in my prayers and thoughts take care of you and yours big hugs and lots of love. DOnt beat yourslef up over this morning he knows he is a tease I am sure Just be ready for the I told you so=)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #5184  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi my honey...are u any better today?? got to run both kids to the ortho..last thing i want to do..bbl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 11:43 AM   #5185  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Quote:

Sandye/sgc
OMG Sandye.... BIG PRAYERS for you BOTH......

and WOWZERS Lady!!! Thinking you as mean makes me LMAO!!!! You are a super sweet lady whom I LUV DEARLY!!!!!!!

Hang in there and tell DH to quit trying to get free vacation....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 11:52 AM   #5186  
Die Cut Diva

Hey Gabby! stranger........ lol

just teasing you

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #5187  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Sandye/sgc
Oh my goodness Sandye...prayers for both you and hubby! You will make it thru this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 12:05 PM   #5188  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy1778View Post
*waves an enthusastic hello* Gabby!!

I'm happy to see you, but it doesn't feel like you've been away (to me) because of the Twilight swaps.
Good luck with your tantrum throwing princess. I don't miss those days, but nine going on nineteen isn't a picnic either... LOL
Hey Roberta! *waves back* True that...but I have been away from here.

Turns out the tantrum throwing princess was sleepy. I tell her..."WHY IN HECK do you get up so early if you're still sleepy?" she just rolled her eyes...sucked her thumb and walked away from me. I go check on her and she's soooo asleep on my bed...lol. 9 going on 19...lol! I feel ya!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 12:07 PM   #5189  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Sandye/sgc
OMG Sandye! I am so glad he is ok and thought to call 911. Hang in there, you will get through this!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 12:12 PM   #5190  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs_SView Post
Hey Gabby! stranger........ lol

just teasing you

HA HA...stranger is so true!

I'll try not to be...but lately I've taken over more chores with momma being a bit fragile right now. It's all good though because I'm also getting some me time...even though it's late at night...I'm doing something to keep my sanity! LOL! Right now they're at the doctor...so I am SOOOO chillin'! LOL!

Can't wait for the weekend! It's LV's 13th birthday and were celebrating starting Friday! WOO HOO! Just me and her at the movies on Friday...Saturday a bit mall shopping...and Sunday birthday party at MIL's. I need to take advantage of that right now that she still "loves me"...lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 12:59 PM   #5191  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherthosestampsView Post
Ok..I think we should all be in HO-spital...then we could have a sick ho down.....I went back to the DR. today..now I am on Steroids for 9 days, and cough medicine...YEAH..and I even get codeine withit..maybe this will kick this Bronchitis in it's ars...

I have to meet with Manda on Friday..and Heather...

Give them each a big hug from us! ....And ask for one back from us too! Hope you feel a-ok soon Deej!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 01:01 PM   #5192  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Sandye/sgc

Oh my! Sandye I'm so glad that he got to the hospital and is okay! Prayers going out to you both!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 01:11 PM   #5193  
Stazon Splitcoast

ugh! Today was another super tough day here! I took Lisa's advice and looked up the Rec. dept here. TG they have a few spots open for stuff I can sign Annabella up for! I went right over there and registered, but will have to go back tommorrow as I'd forgotten my checkbook!

Annabella has been throwing one tantrum after another this morning and I finally got her down for a nap about an hour ago! She screamed so much in the car that I missed my directions from the GPS four times, as well as three phone calls. Needless to say, we never made it to IHOP, and half of my errands remain undone -again! I'm at the end of MY rope today, so I'm going to crawl into bed myself and snag a nap too! Hopefully things will be alot better when I wake up!

Lisa ~ I promise, I'll call you tonight! I'm becoming SO bad about returning calls and getting things done lately! Hope you don'ttake it personally! About lunch...is Thursday okay? Gene is off tommorrow, so I'm sicking Annabella on HIM for the day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 01:15 PM   #5194  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Sandye/sgc
Oh Sandye, prayers to both of you!!! Thank goodness they feel that he should recover 100%!! How scary!!!

You two sound like my husband and I!!! He is a terrible patient and I'm a not to sympathetic nurse, so I know exactly how you feel!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 01:30 PM   #5195  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Give them each a big hug from us! ....And ask for one back from us too! Hope you feel a-ok soon Deej!
Yuppers..i sure will..i will have them post pics..mwah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 01:32 PM   #5196  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawaView Post
OMG Sandye! I am so glad he is ok and thought to call 911. Hang in there, you will get through this!!
Gael..try again on my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 02:15 PM   #5197  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Yeah...that's what I hear - and fear! She was trying to force her sandwich meat into the television vents this afternoon. Then- while I was trying to clean that mess up, she went into the bathroom to "wash her hands" and poured several small buckets of water all over the floor, counter, and toilet! While I cleaned up the 'flood', she decided that my toilet needed to be 'plunged'...especially after she put the two extra rolls of toilet paper in there! Then she was chasing the cat around with the box of toilet paper wipes, screaming that she is 'yucky' because she used the litter and didn't 'wipe'! Figures that the only time she wasn't standing close enough for me to feel her breath, she was getting into trouble!
Okay I'm not a parent--but is this really terrible 2's or post move stress syndrome? Or in other words did the move freak her out?
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 02:19 PM   #5198  
Gallery Gazer

Kelli Jo---Please post info about TSG new release on all my swaps!
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 02:20 PM   #5199  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Just thought I would pop in and say HI!!!!
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #5200  
Gallery Gazer

Does everyone know about this? Got the email on Monday, 2-23-09

February 23, 2009
Dear Kathy,
Today through Friday, February 27th
Whipper Snapper Designs will apply a $3.00 credit to all orders over $30.00 to offset shipping costs!
Just use Code - SHIP2U and a $3.00 credit will be applied.
Please note that this adjustment will not be seen in the automated shipping costs but applied to the cart total.
This offer cannot be applied to previous placed orders or wholesale accounts.
Limit 1 coupon per customer - includes International shipping!
Have a great week!
Whipper Snapper Designs
Paper Crafting Contest

Reply With Quote Likes