Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   2nd Annual HPC Convention July 24-27 2009... part 3 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/2nd-annual-hpc-convention-july-24-27-2009-part-3-a-408353/)

KelliJo 02-01-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12959697)
YAY! taxes are done and I'm getting a refund for both!!!

Avoiding it like the plague....8)

LauraJean 02-01-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 12959835)
Avoiding it like the plague....8)

Heck, if I was paying in, it would be put off until April 15th @ 11:59PM :mrgreen:

KelliJo 02-01-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12959890)
Heck, if I was paying in, it would be put off until April 15th @ 11:59PM :mrgreen:

B-I-N-G-O!!!!!

Every week DH has 38% taken out of his check I have ??? taken out of mine, I know that gross is EXACTLY THAT...GROSS compared to net and we owe EVERY FRIGGIN YEAR!!!!

WAstamper 02-01-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 12959830)
NOPE...he didnt' even clean the downstairs bathroom, the one HIS dad uses and UGH I will run upstairs before I use THAT nasty thing...WHY DOES IT SPLATTER?????:twisted:

YUCK!!

I am getting ready to stick some wings in the oven now...Have a great evening everyone!!

WAstamper 02-01-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12959890)

One good thing about DH going to Iraq...TAX FREE income...yeah, baby!!

KelliJo 02-01-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAstamper (Post 12959975)

LOL Dont forget those rugs are DIRT CHEAP and so is GOLD!!!!!

Enjoy th ewings Sarah!:mrgreen:

LauraJean 02-01-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 12959932)
B-I-N-G-O!!!!!

Every week DH has 38% taken out of his check I have ??? taken out of mine, I know that gross is EXACTLY THAT...GROSS compared to net and we owe EVERY FRIGGIN YEAR!!!!

My state refund went up - cause now I get a renter's credit :mrgreen: Total I got $1400 back - which will pay off a good chunk of my baseball trip.

LauraJean 02-01-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAstamper (Post 12959975)

As well it SHOULD be! How long is he there? I heard the govt wants to take away health insurance benes for the retirees. (Tricare For Life). I hope not - our company administers that contract!!!! IMo, you serve 20 years for your country, that's the least the country should do for you.

KelliJo 02-01-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12960298)
As well it SHOULD be! How long is he there? I heard the govt wants to take away health insurance benes for the retirees. (Tricare For Life). I hope not - our company administers that contract!!!! IMo, you serve 20 years for your country, that's the least the country should do for you.

Considering the care that they get it IS the least they can do.... ROTTEN ASSS VA Hospitals around here.... SUCK!!!! Of course the amount the gov''t has to pay wouldn't be so friggin high if they wouldn't let every psycho in that can raise his/her right hand to swear in... You can get a waiver to join now after committing a FELONY.... ***??? YEa, ummm, THAT is why SO MANY "have/suffer from" PTSD!!!! I say BS, you see a check and it's easier than WELFARE....

OK, oops, just dealt with one and am SO tired of lazy nasty GI's that give the GOOD SOLDIERS a ROTTEN reputation....:twisted:

LauraJean 02-01-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 12960389)
Considering the care that they get it IS the least they can do.... ROTTEN ASSS VA Hospitals around here.... SUCK!!!! Of course the amount the gov''t has to pay wouldn't be so friggin high if they wouldn't let every psycho in that can raise his/her right hand to swear in... You can get a waiver to join now after committing a FELONY.... ***??? YEa, ummm, THAT is why SO MANY "have/suffer from" PTSD!!!! I say BS, you see a check and it's easier than WELFARE....

OK, oops, just dealt with one and am SO tired of lazy nasty GI's that give the GOOD SOLDIERS a ROTTEN reputation....:twisted:

I worked Tricare Customer Service my first 4 years @ my company, heard 1 too many horror stories about AD dependents waiting 5 hours to be seen at the MTFS.....And at the time they couldn't go civilian without a referral from the MTF so they had to see the MTF doc first anyways. I'm not sure if the system is any better now, but that was 10 years ago.

KelliJo 02-01-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12960408)
I worked Tricare Customer Service my first 4 years @ my company, heard 1 too many horror stories about AD dependents waiting 5 hours to be seen at the MTFS.....And at the time they couldn't go civilian without a referral from the MTF so they had to see the MTF doc first anyways. I'm not sure if the system is any better now, but that was 10 years ago.

Not from what I can tell... I was told to go and register with VA due to exposure from the first gulf war...my Migraines could be medically diagnosed so they weren't covered and my hair loss could NOT be medically diagnosed so it wasn't covered also... LMAO!!!!

There was this lil old guy in the VA Hospital (WWII) and he was taking a walk, this BIG ASSS Orderly found him wandering and started yelling at him, the lil old guy kinda smiled and hobbled himself back into the elevator so I stepped in too, and told the orderly, IF he was a Vet himself he had BETTER show some respect to his elders AND even if he wasn't he had SO MUCH to thank this man for he had BETTER DROP HIS VOICE and TAKE HIS FINGER OUTTA HIS FACE!!!! OMG I was FLAMING PO'd:twisted:

LauraJean 02-01-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 12960438)
Not from what I can tell... I was told to go and register with VA due to exposure from the first gulf war...my Migraines could be medically diagnosed so they weren't covered and my hair loss could NOT be medically diagnosed so it wasn't covered also... LMAO!!!!

There was this lil old guy in the VA Hospital (WWII) and he was taking a walk, this BIG ASSS Orderly found him wandering and started yelling at him, the lil old guy kinda smiled and hobbled himself back into the elevator so I stepped in too, and told the orderly, IF he was a Vet himself he had BETTER show some respect to his elders AND even if he wasn't he had SO MUCH to thank this man for he had BETTER DROP HIS VOICE and TAKE HIS FINGER OUTTA HIS FACE!!!! OMG I was FLAMING PO'd:twisted:

Ugh. We never dealt with the VA's (probably a good thing!) :twisted:

KelliJo 02-01-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12960448)
Ugh. We never dealt with the VA's (probably a good thing!) :twisted:

Makes you shake your head....:rolleyes:

How's Tavi??? and sissy?

LauraJean 02-01-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 12960461)
Makes you shake your head....:rolleyes:

How's Tavi??? and sissy?

Both are doing well. Sissy still has some pain but it's getting better. I'm guessing they will go home tuesday at the earliest, maybe wednesday. :mrgreen: She has 10 weeks off, and my BIL has 1 week off.

LauraJean 02-01-2009 02:29 PM

KJ - did you do a SAB order yet? I'm thinking about doing mine tonight :)

KelliJo 02-01-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12960492)
KJ - did you do a SAB order yet? I'm thinking about doing mine tonight :)

I didnt order everything that I thought that I did so I will probably work one up tongiht...depends today is the biggest DV night of the year... so we will see...not a hole lot I want I like the DP and ribbon... I HATE those bee's they scare the bejeebers outta me!:mrgreen:

LauraJean 02-01-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 12960548)
I didnt order everything that I thought that I did so I will probably work one up tongiht...depends today is the biggest DV night of the year... so we will see...not a hole lot I want I like the DP and ribbon... I HATE those bee's they scare the bejeebers outta me!:mrgreen:

"DV"???

I just did mine, just enough to qualify for hostess benes :mrgreen: I only bought TWO sets, and then everything else was paper and accessories (DP, ribbon, corduroy buttons, rub-ons)

KelliJo 02-01-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12960638)
"DV"???

I just did mine, just enough to qualify for hostess benes :mrgreen: I only bought TWO sets, and then everything else was paper and accessories (DP, ribbon, corduroy buttons, rub-ons)

I placed my first cattie order and got it but forgot some things...it was $240+ then this one will be close to the same...

DV= Domestic Violence/ unofficially beat your "other" day....:rolleyes:

WAstamper 02-01-2009 03:03 PM

Hey ladies...Good thing the 'puter's in the same room as the TV...Arizona's not looking too good right now. Not that I really care

LJ - he's gone for a year. Luckily, no big probs with Tricare...yet. We're usually pretty healthy, though.

I hear ya, KJ...I wish they wouldn't just let ANYONE sign up. And then it's SUCH a pain to kick them out!!

KelliJo 02-01-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAstamper (Post 12960816)
Hey ladies...Good thing the 'puter's in the same room as the TV...Arizona's not looking too good right now. Not that I really care

LJ - he's gone for a year. Luckily, no big probs with Tricare...yet. We're usually pretty healthy, though.

I hear ya, KJ...I wish they wouldn't just let ANYONE sign up. And then it's SUCH a pain to kick them out!!

Yep, the easiest way is with a Chapter 8...and that equals a Monthly check for LIFE!:twisted: not to mention the hardship on the real Joe's....:(

LauraJean 02-01-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 12960783)
I placed my first cattie order and got it but forgot some things...it was $240+ then this one will be close to the same...

Lots of new toys :) Are you getting any more workshops booked?

SuG 02-01-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 12960783)

aren't those Aholes too busy watching the game?

SuG 02-01-2009 03:47 PM

LJ you need to have less taken out of your paycheck, it may seem great getting it back at tax time but it is not the best way to invest your money! An interest checking account would do you better.

SuG 02-01-2009 03:48 PM

goodnight. I am tired.

LauraJean 02-01-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuG (Post 12961225)
LJ you need to have less taken out of your paycheck, it may seem great getting it back at tax time but it is not the best way to invest your money! An interest checking account would do you better.

I have an interest checking acct, put 10% into my retirement investment plans (Company matches 6%) and multiple IRA CDS. My state refund doubled this year because I can now take a rent deduction. And I saved all my bus pass receipts as I can write those off, ;)

LauraJean 02-01-2009 04:00 PM

Halftime bump! Man did you see the last play of the 2nd quarter? Get that boy an oxygen tank!!!! :)

WAstamper 02-01-2009 04:01 PM

Good night Su!

LauraJean 02-01-2009 04:23 PM

Good Half time show! I saw him for free here in madison once, when there was a rally here for a pres. candidate.

mcfadden 02-01-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12961358)
Halftime bump! Man did you see the last play of the 2nd quarter? Get that boy an oxygen tank!!!! :)

I know--what a play!! Longest in SB history!! WOWZA

KelliJo 02-01-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuG (Post 12961212)
aren't those Aholes too busy watching the game?

It's the pre game tailgating, during the game party, half time mix it up, and end of game wahoo or WAA WAA WAA that gets 'em EVERYTIME.... BAD combination....

UGH, freak in the tank right now, but I must admit, the floor is SUPER clean right now, dont know WHERE all that dirt came from but DAYAM he found a butt load.....:mrgreen:

wildbasket 02-01-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 12959932)
B-I-N-G-O!!!!!

you need to find some write offs!

SuG 02-01-2009 04:38 PM

ok half time woke me up a bit. I love bruce. LJ he played your song!

SuG 02-01-2009 04:39 PM

never mind you were talking about a different song I am tired...
I think I will go snuggle up and read.

KelliJo 02-01-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildbasket (Post 12961866)
you need to find some write offs!

You'd think TWO KIDS were enough...SO not buying a house during THESE times, it's a buyers market blah blah blah but I can NOT make the payments on 2 vehicles, insurance on 4, and all the monthly bills alone...there is always OT but not THAT much! LOL I had my eye on one too, and was moving towards papers. DH's work is slowing down, still working but, getting more and more scarce.....:rolleyes:

LauraJean 02-01-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuG (Post 12961917)
never mind you were talking about a different song I am tired...
I think I will go snuggle up and read.

No he did play THAT SONG too ~~~ but skipped my favorite verse :mad:

LauraJean 02-01-2009 04:42 PM

When I talked to my aunt this afternoon she said she was bummed she couldn't claim me anymore. Course she was kidding ;)

mcfadden 02-01-2009 04:43 PM

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com//mmps/...ideo=true&wm=1Which one is Manda and which one is Cheryl or is one the waitress? W"ho"ever these gorgeous brunettes are looks like they are having a good time--laughing like crazy and scrapping at Archievers. Actually I think this a lunch break pix.

LauraJean 02-01-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfadden (Post 12961980)
http://pictures.sprintpcs.com//mmps/...ideo=true&wm=1Which one is Manda and which one is Cheryl or is one the waitress? W"ho"ever these gorgeous brunettes are looks like they are having a good time--laughing like crazy and scrapping at Archievers. Actually I think this a lunch break pix.

I think Cheryl is the one on the right. Cute pic! :)

wildbasket 02-01-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 12961943)
You'd think TWO KIDS were enough...SO not buying a house during THESE times, it's a buyers market blah blah blah but I can NOT make the payments on 2 vehicles, insurance on 4, and all the monthly bills alone...there is always OT but not THAT much! LOL I had my eye on one too, and was moving towards papers. DH's work is slowing down, still working but, getting more and more scarce.....:rolleyes:

The biggest deduction is a house.. you should qualify for VA loan and with int rates this low.. you really should look into it. Look at how much you pay in rent.. and see what house you can get...then change your deductions to have take home match any increase to cover tax & insur...

cherthosestamps 02-01-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12962012)
I think Cheryl is the one on the right. Cute pic! :)

Ding..ding..ding..we have a winner..aren't we the cutest...omg..so much fun..I think I met my twin...