Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-05-2008, 05:46 AM   #1921  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddanielsView Post
boy it's been a hectic night for me. My DH was being nice and helping clean after dinner and he was putting some things in the dishwater and cut in pinky finger on a knife. I looked at the dishwasher and blood was everywhere. So I frantically got his shoes and took him to e-care for 4 stitches in his finger. I was surprised at how fast that they took us. We spent only about 2 hrs there. LOL! We're back home and his poor finger is all wrapped up. I was relieved that it didn't cut deep enough to injury the nerves in his finger. He's all upset that he can't play golf this weekend! MEN!
OMGoodness....I sure hope he is allright. That will teach him to help with the dishes again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 05:52 AM   #1922  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

LMBO! Well he wasn't exactly using the knife...ummmm it was a knife that I put in the dishwater and didn't place the sharp edge down. We just purchased a new set of knives and boy are they sharp! so while he was putting something in the dishwasher he somehow ran his finger across the blade. ouch! Feeling really bad!
Ouch....poor guy. Thats making my finger hurt now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 05:52 AM   #1923  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

He's so funny...when the dr came it and he asked wow how did you do that, my wonderful DH said "my wife tried to stab me with a knife and I was just defending myself"! The dr looked at me and I said "yea, whatever" don't believe him! That's my dh trying to be funny!
OMG...that is tooo funny!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 05:54 AM   #1924  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymamaView Post
no!
Man...GET SOME REST and make the doctor give you the GOOD drugs!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 06:33 AM   #1925  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoorahView Post
LJ - I Hate dentists. Got one partial bridge, and like 4-5 root canals. Had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled in my 20s too, and my vampire sisor (sp?) pulled in my teens. Had wayyyyy too many teeth for my mouth (shut up P.P. and Ma Ma!).
KJ - Hated cleaning. But switched to sonic care a few years ago and the cleaning's been a cynch! Hygenists almost look dissapointed when I go in for my cleaning Sonic care takes a few days to get used to but after you're used to it, your teeth don't even feel clean when you go back to the old tooth brush.

Gabby - LOVE your blog! So pretty with the swirly rhinestones too. Watched your excellent scrabble tutorial too!

Sorry Marci - no pom pom bella here...
I cant do the sonic thing cuz my gums are receeding due to my indulgence in sweet foods, they said the kind of sweets I like just sit there, not get stuck, just coat.... SO I have some exposed nerves. I REALLY have to get them taken care of before all the Christmas NUMMERS come out.....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 06:36 AM   #1926  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJoView Post
I cant do the sonic thing cuz my gums are receeding due to my indulgence in sweet foods, they said the kind of sweets I like just sit there, not get stuck, just coat.... SO I have some exposed nerves. I REALLY have to get them taken care of before all the Christmas NUMMERS come out.....
I never had a cavity in my whole life til I switched to Sonicare. Then the next two appts I had one each time. Now back to regular toothbrush and no more cavities for me!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 06:50 AM   #1927  

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawaView Post
I never had a cavity in my whole life til I switched to Sonicare. Then the next two appts I had one each time. Now back to regular toothbrush and no more cavities for me!!
When I was little I NEVER had cavities and was a TOTAL yuck mouth, my mom had to beat me to get me to brush! LOL THEN I hit the "age" to where you HAVE TO BE CLEAN 24/7 and brushed after everything I ate and THEN I started getting cavities, weird but the Dentist said my teeth were "too clean" as some plaque is good as it protects.... Confuses the heck outta me.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 06:55 AM   #1928  
Stazon Splitcoast

aaaack, I hate the dentist. i went for a cleaning on Monday, and the normal girl i have wasn't there, and the new girl beat the *ell outta my mouth, I was bleeding all over the place, I almost cried.........................

i've never heard of this sonic-care.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 07:38 AM   #1929  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry to get ya all chatty on the dentist

I'm not feeling a heck of a lot better, I've got the stuff to numb it all up but eventually it wears off and I'm back to square one. Maybe I'll just swallow down a morph when I get home tonight to knock me out for a good 6 hours
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 07:40 AM   #1930  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawaView Post
I switched back to a regular toothbrush about a year ago, the sonic-care just didn't make my teeth feel as clean for whatever reason. My $90 sonic-care is below collecting dust.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 07:41 AM   #1931  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

When I was little I NEVER had cavities and was a TOTAL yuck mouth, my mom had to beat me to get me to brush! LOL THEN I hit the "age" to where you HAVE TO BE CLEAN 24/7 and brushed after everything I ate and THEN I started getting cavities, weird but the Dentist said my teeth were "too clean" as some plaque is good as it protects.... Confuses the heck outta me.....
Yours too eh? Only auntie was on me every evening for it (well into my 30's). And people wonder why I had to move.....I spose she had good reason to make sure I did, she paid for 8 years of braces
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 08:05 AM   #1932  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreakView Post
aaaack, I hate the dentist. i went for a cleaning on Monday, and the normal girl i have wasn't there, and the new girl beat the *ell outta my mouth, I was bleeding all over the place, I almost cried.........................

i've never heard of this sonic-care.
Geeze, isn't that the truth when you get a different person to do the cleaning. I had someone different 2 cleanings ago and when I checked out I told the front desk don't ever, ever, ever give me that person again. I had such a headache and her fingers were all over my face and pulled my mouth this way and that and then had the nerve to tell the dentist that my gums were receeding--which totally freaked me out (I don't want to go through that surgery again)--which the dentist said no, I'm okay. With the usual person I fall asleep while she is cleaning...I go next week.
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 09:33 AM   #1933  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ohhh! I've heard about those kind of husbands! Thought they were only mythical creatures like Unicorns!

Mine is a great handyman, does laundry, and will cook during the summer since we have a fire breathing BBQ grill. But the rest? He does take the dog to the vet too. Not too hard on the eyes, makes me laugh everyday. Really don't have anything to complain about, do I?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy1778View Post
LOL!!

As funny as that is, I have to say SO NOT TRUE. At least at my house.

Chris does 50% or better of everything. If it's broken he fixes it ( I play yard gopher but that's about it on my occasions ), he cooks, cleans and pitches in 100% with the kids ( though I take on homework with Iain. It exceeds Chris's patience on most days... he has a hard time with helping Iain because it's so draining and time consuming. ).

The only exceptions are laundry and sewing. I don't want him to touch my washer EVER again ( one temp setting, too much soap and sorting colors is a waste of time for him ), and the man can't even attach a button to save his life.

I have to make my concessions to keep it that way, and lord knows I hate getting up at 5:00 A.M. but if it's between that and having to do all of the work myself, I'll just slug down some extra coffee faithfully and make sure that I have that martini shaker ready when he walks in the door at 4:42.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 10:13 AM   #1934  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Ohhh! I've heard about those kind of husbands! Thought they were only mythical creatures like Unicorns!

Mine is a great handyman, does laundry, and will cook during the summer since we have a fire breathing BBQ grill. But the rest? He does take the dog to the vet too. Not too hard on the eyes, makes me laugh everyday. Really don't have anything to complain about, do I?
Oh me too!!! Mine isn't too shabby either! Although from time to time he gets in a mood... but he puts up w/ mine more than his! lol

Find me on IG! crafting_ra_away
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 10:57 AM   #1935  
Stazon Splitcoast

hi all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 11:38 AM   #1936  
Stazon Splitcoast

For the record:

I hate topical dental anesthesia (the pink stuff) yep it numbs my mouth good, but ewwwww taste!

(see I do hate one thing about the dentist )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 11:47 AM   #1937  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

You all picked a great time to have all of this talk about dentists, as I had an appointment today to get a tooth fixed (broken off corner).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 12:28 PM   #1938  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Scrappy!!!

Find me on IG! crafting_ra_away
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 12:37 PM   #1939  
Stazon Splitcoast

ok, so I've been feeling wierd today, took my temperature and it's 95.7!!!! sort of freaking me and my staff out............maybe I'm becoming a vampire!!!!!!!!! lol

ugh, these past couple of days have been crazy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 12:44 PM   #1940  

Quote:

ok, so I've been feeling wierd today, took my temperature and it's 95.7!!!! sort of freaking me and my staff out............maybe I'm becoming a vampire!!!!!!!!! lol

ugh, these past couple of days have been crazy.
Was it under your tongue??? Add a 3* to get it right.... Up the butt is the only TRUE reading!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 12:44 PM   #1941  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

LOL. Yep. Right up there with honest politicians, perky unsupported boobs and chocolate that makes you skinny.

I did forget one flaw with Ward that drives me insane; he's car retarded.

He can change the oil, basic fluids... that sort of thing, but actually fix something...? Forget it. And he doesn't call the mechanic, I do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #1942  

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy1778View Post
LOL. Yep. Right up there with honest politicians, perky unsupported boobs and chocolate that makes you skinny.

I did forget one flaw with Ward that drives me insane; he's car retarded.

He can change the oil, basic fluids... that sort of thing, but actually fix something...? Forget it. And he doesn't call the mechanic, I do.
Does he make the funny noises to describe what it is doing??? LOL I had a guy try to "little girl" me when I ran to get 3/4 " Coated Deck Screws, gave me the 3rd degree on what I needed them for, totally condescending so I played along with these are the ones I'm supposed to get right here, can you get them for me, they are Pokey... He dug his hands into that barrel and dug em out wincing the whole time, so then I walked off and made him carry the bag to the check out for me....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 01:29 PM   #1943  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Was it under your tongue??? Add a 3* to get it right.... Up the butt is the only TRUE reading!
ok, whew, makes me feel better! Yes, it was under the tongue, it's the office thermometer, didn't think it would be wise under the arm or up the butt.....lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 01:36 PM   #1944  

Quote:

ok, whew, makes me feel better! Yes, it was under the tongue, it's the office thermometer, didn't think it would be wise under the arm or up the butt.....lol
But if you were FIRST to use it then sucks to be the SECOND....

UGH, made myself Cringe with THAT one.... Any word yet????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #1945  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Well we already know some hos like something hard up the... never mind. Hi HEATHER AND MANDA!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 02:02 PM   #1946  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymamaView Post
....about 20 minutes! WooHooo! another Ho visit another Ho visit!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeee!
oh lisa!!! plz let us know if you;re coming to nj. I so would like to meet you too!!! scrappy and I live really close to JC.

"The reason for time is so that things don't happen all at once." - Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #1947  
Stazon Splitcoast

lol, yes Yoorah, we sure do know that, but I wasn't one of them, lol!!!

Kellijo, actually, yes, i was the first one to use it, lol!!!!!!!!!! But I'm a nice person, I would feel soooo bad if I did that to someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I told my clients in group if I passed out, they could leave, just let the front office staff know to call 911!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #1948  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

lol, yes Yoorah, we sure do know that, but I wasn't one of them, lol!!!

Kellijo, actually, yes, i was the first one to use it, lol!!!!!!!!!! But I'm a nice person, I would feel soooo bad if I did that to someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I told my clients in group if I passed out, they could leave, just let the front office staff know to call 911!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sure that was an excellent thing to tell your anxiety ridden clients
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #1949  

Hmmm, we'll have to work on your Ho behavior.... NEVER worry about those that follow you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #1950  

Quote:

I'm sure that was an excellent thing to tell your anxiety ridden clients
Unless they were in a hurry to hustle out and get their next fix.....Addcition therapy also!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 03:03 PM   #1951  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by delfinausView Post
oh lisa!!! plz let us know if you;re coming to nj. I so would like to meet you too!!! scrappy and I live really close to JC.
I will as soon as I know where we will be staying and when I'll be there. Last Year we were at a Hillton or Marriott- can't remember- at the entrance to the subway that connected to the WTC station.

Any shows you can recommend? We did Spamalot last year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 03:19 PM   #1952  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgcView Post
You all picked a great time to have all of this talk about dentists, as I had an appointment today to get a tooth fixed (broken off corner).
I hear ya Sandye! Mine was yesterday and I'm terrified of the dentist! I have to have two 'difficult extractions' so they can "fit my partial in".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 03:20 PM   #1953  
Stazon Splitcoast

lol, they were my addiction clients. I had one graduating tonight, when I told them that, he's like- ok, where's my certificate just in case????? they are so funny sometimes.

off to work on some challenges, the VERVE one, the Hoodie and tshirt one, and a MFT one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 03:23 PM   #1954  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs_SView Post
Hi Scrappy!!!
hey Cori! wassup?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #1955  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildbasketView Post
I will as soon as I know where we will be staying and when I'll be there. Last Year we were at a Hillton or Marriott- can't remember- at the entrance to the subway that connected to the WTC station.

Any shows you can recommend? We did Spamalot last year.
I saw 'Wicked' a few months back and it was awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #1956  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Really? three degrees you add? or .3?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 03:28 PM   #1957  
Stazon Splitcoast

omg, I can't believe it, but I'm going to make a sports card................I must be sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 03:29 PM   #1958  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

omg, I can't believe it, but I'm going to make a sports card................I must be sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to my world Joy! This is a good kind of sickness though, trust me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 03:30 PM   #1959  
Stazon Splitcoast

no..........I'm gonna do it for the challenge, gonna make a colts shirt, LJ, do you like the Colts, I will send you the card when I'm done, it's gonna be a Peyton Manning shirt............
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 03:31 PM   #1960  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

no..........I'm gonna do it for the challenge, gonna make a colts shirt, LJ, do you like the Colts, I will send you the card when I'm done, it's gonna be a Peyton Manning shirt............
He's good lookin that's all I can say (you really think I watch it "just for the sport???)
Reply With Quote Likes