Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-27-2008, 07:46 PM   #7721  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaieeMomView Post
Not really...it's just been so freakin' cold to go outside to smoke...lol. Quitting for me would require SO MUCH strength because in these days I haven't smoked...poor Oscar has been feeling the wrath! I mean...I don't mind it...but I don't know how Oscar is taking it...LMAO!
Hey Gabby - I thought of you on Christmas morning! My DH got me the huge set of Prisma Markers!!! I may need to ask you for some tips on how to use them properly!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 07:46 PM   #7722  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreakView Post
GABBY, did you see the new Pink Poison stamps for January????????????? I missed out on the preorder, dammmm it
You and me sistah!!! She did mention though that she's gonna be putting up a limited amount on the 1st right? Or did I read that wrong (wishful thinking). I SOOOO want to get my hands on those!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 07:46 PM   #7723  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricketeewView Post
JOy I hear you I just went on that site to send someone a Gift card for a swap and it could more for shiping than the 5$ card! So I went some where else and just got her a 10$ one and did not have pay shiping! There should be no shiping they email them out!
Crazy! I went to Clear $ stamps instead!
ugh.....I really want to try some of their paper too, even if I buy a tin that costs $2, I have to pay $9 for shipping...........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 07:47 PM   #7724  
Watercolor Wizard

Smile

Quote:

i'm good, what about you???????????????

thank you for the awesome secret ho gifts I never got my card out to you...................but figured you already knew
I am good - just trying to stay caught up with everything!

You are quite welcome! Thank you for all of my goodies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 07:47 PM   #7725  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

You and me sistah!!! She did mention though that she's gonna be putting up a limited amount on the 1st right? Or did I read that wrong (wishful thinking). I SOOOO want to get my hands on those!!!
no, the limited quantity was yesterday for pre-order, they'll be available normally in January (no discounted price though)

I'm still getting em!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 07:48 PM   #7726  
Watercolor Wizard

Smile

Quote:

ugh.....I really want to try some of their paper too, even if I buy a tin that costs $2, I have to pay $9 for shipping...........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
That is nuts! Their paper might be worth it though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 07:48 PM   #7727  
Stazon Splitcoast

yay for the DH getting prismas, did he get a tip from you that you wanted them???????????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 07:50 PM   #7728  
Watercolor Wizard

Smile

Quote:

yay for the DH getting prismas, did he get a tip from you that you wanted them???????????
Yes he did get a hint - I even gave him the ad from Aaron Brothers - they were 50% off!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 07:51 PM   #7729  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarhod99View Post
Yes he did get a hint - I even gave him the ad from Aaron Brothers - they were 50% off!
double yay for him! I have one prisma and I love it, Yoorah uses them too, and I loved using hers in Texas, she bought me the one I have now
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 07:52 PM   #7730  
Stazon Splitcoast

ok, girls, gonna get off here for a bit, gonna take a hot bath, take some medication, work on scrappy's swap (already have my idea) and then see if I pass out. NIGHTERS!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 07:53 PM   #7731  
Watercolor Wizard

Smile

Quote:

double yay for him! I have one prisma and I love it, Yoorah uses them too, and I loved using hers in Texas, she bought me the one I have now
I had a few of them and really liked how they color.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 07:53 PM   #7732  
Watercolor Wizard

Smile

Quote:

ok, girls, gonna get off here for a bit, gonna take a hot bath, take some medication, work on scrappy's swap (already have my idea) and then see if I pass out. NIGHTERS!!!!!!!
Good night!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 07:59 PM   #7733  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Not really...it's just been so freakin' cold to go outside to smoke...lol. Quitting for me would require SO MUCH strength because in these days I haven't smoked...poor Oscar has been feeling the wrath! I mean...I don't mind it...but I don't know how Oscar is taking it...LMAO!
Bah! Right now I figure my DH is feelin' my wrath too...however... HE deserves it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 08:00 PM   #7734  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarhod99View Post
Hey Gabby - I thought of you on Christmas morning! My DH got me the huge set of Prisma Markers!!! I may need to ask you for some tips on how to use them properly!!
YAY...another Prisma chick!!! Give hubby a huge hug! Neener neener to Copic users! LOL! Don't get me wrong...Copics are SUPER...but Prismas are just as great! YKWIM? You know what...I had a video tutorial on how I do what Copic users do to achieve those highlights and what not...but got lost in my hard drive when it crashed. I'll be making another though. It's very easy (well...easy cus LV taught me...lol). First...what I did was make a chart (grid like) of colors in matches...greens...reds...blues...etc...using the CS I use the most when I use Prismas. That way I can go in a check out the chart of which colors are like in color...one darker than the other...and team them up for the "shading". Always go in with your darker color first...and the blend with the lighter color. Practice makes perfect though...so do some trial runs before you make your actual coloring on a scrap sheet of CS. You can kind of see the transition in the card attached here. But...I'll work on that tutorial soon! I'm excited for you!!! When hubby got me mine...I thought...ugh...what a cheapo not getting me the Copic set...but then I got some practice in and I am in love with them! Plus it was much cheaper and got more $$ on the side for stamps...lol.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd Annual HPC Convention July 24-27 2009... part 2-missed-you.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 08:01 PM   #7735  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

which one? I opened two this week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 08:03 PM   #7736  
Stazon Splitcoast

Fantastic card Gabby!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 08:03 PM   #7737  
Stazon Splitcoast

Night night Joy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 08:12 PM   #7738  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

no, the limited quantity was yesterday for pre-order, they'll be available normally in January (no discounted price though)

I'm still getting em!
Heck yeah...regualr pricing aint stoppin' me! LOL! Although I'm not a Team Jacob girl...I wouldn't mind seeing a long hair Native American in there too...just to complete that love triangle! LOL!

Ok...I am headed out to surf a bit and then I'm hitting the sack! Oscar has tomorrow off and I need to get my sleep or he's gonna be in big trouble with my attitude! LOL! Especially if he like the the kids "don't see" the stuff on the floor! My back is GOD AWFUL just like you Scrappy...to be bending down and picking up crap. My back acts up the most during cold weather and right now having this cold weather we haven't seen in ages...well...it's not a good thing...PLUS my hip (left) on top of that aching like a MUTHA!!! OUCH!!! I'll just finish eating my 3 boxes of liquored up chocolates...LMAO!!! They come in Maragarita, Apple Martini, Strawberry Daquiri, and Cosmopolitan...yumm! After 4 or 5...I feel nice and warm...LMAO!!! I've had about 8 already since I've been here chatting it up...lol. Ok ya'll...NIGHTERS!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 08:19 PM   #7739  
Hardware Hotshot

Cute card Gabby I love pink and green - I was just on their web site checking things out! In the mood to buy a new stamp set and looking at all the sites for a good deal
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 08:21 PM   #7740  
Hardware Hotshot

Kelli JO are you going to be selling any more SU stamp sets any time soon? You always have some good ones for sale and a good price! I have christmas money to spend!
When I find a ride I hope to hit Micheals to buy a cuttle bug! But I can't ask my mom cause she would just fuss at me for spending my $ on more craft stuff- what dose she know!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 08:28 PM   #7741  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Heck yeah...regualr pricing aint stoppin' me! LOL! Although I'm not a Team Jacob girl...I wouldn't mind seeing a long hair Native American in there too...just to complete that love triangle! LOL!

Ok...I am headed out to surf a bit and then I'm hitting the sack! Oscar has tomorrow off and I need to get my sleep or he's gonna be in big trouble with my attitude! LOL! Especially if he like the the kids "don't see" the stuff on the floor! My back is GOD AWFUL just like you Scrappy...to be bending down and picking up crap. My back acts up the most during cold weather and right now having this cold weather we haven't seen in ages...well...it's not a good thing...PLUS my hip (left) on top of that aching like a MUTHA!!! OUCH!!! I'll just finish eating my 3 boxes of liquored up chocolates...LMAO!!! They come in Maragarita, Apple Martini, Strawberry Daquiri, and Cosmopolitan...yumm! After 4 or 5...I feel nice and warm...LMAO!!! I've had about 8 already since I've been here chatting it up...lol. Ok ya'll...NIGHTERS!!!
hmm... does the liquor help? seriously in <ouch> now that I've tried to clean up a buncha carap that shouldn't be there in the first place!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #7742  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Kelli JO are you going to be selling any more SU stamp sets any time soon? You always have some good ones for sale and a good price! I have christmas money to spend!
When I find a ride I hope to hit Micheals to buy a cuttle bug! But I can't ask my mom cause she would just fuss at me for spending my $ on more craft stuff- what dose she know!!!
She must be in league with my DH! I was opening a cute craft tote from my sister at my Dads house where we spent Christmas eve. DH exclaims in front of everyone... "No more craft and stamping sh*t!, We have enough of that cr*p!" Everyone stopped and stared. I was/am freakin' mortified!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 08:55 PM   #7743  
Stazon Splitcoast

scrappy, I am sorry to hear that your DH said that in front of everyone....Diarrhea of the mouth can be easily fixed though......Chris had that the other day, and boy was he sorry after I got thru with him...........

Last edited by daiseyfreak; 12-27-2008 at 09:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 08:58 PM   #7744  
Stazon Splitcoast

I always say I am so mean to Chris and I feel bad about it, but I was nice today....he got a $25 gift card from his work to WalMart, and bought me some cricut tools with it for christmas....I won't use them, so I told him to take them back, so when he took me to get medicine today, he returned them and I told him to go ahead and get something he wanted with it b/c it was his gift card after all, so he bought a new watch and is very happy. I think it was sweet that he spent his gift card on me anyhow! it really is the thought that counts and that more than makes up for one less gift.

ok girls, gonna pass out now, nighters!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 09:00 PM   #7745  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

scrappy, I am sorry to hear that your DH said that in front of everyone....Diarrhea of the mouth can be easily fixed though......
How? Got a foot big enough...?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 09:01 PM   #7746  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I always say I am so mean to Chris and I feel bad about it, but I was nice today....he got a $25 gift card from his work to WalMart, and bought me some cricut tools with it for christmas....I won't use them, so I told him to take them back, so when he took me to get medicine today, he returned them and I told him to go ahead and get something he wanted with it b/c it was his gift card after all, so he bought a new watch and is very happy. I think it was sweet that he spent his gift card on me anyhow! it really is the thought that counts and that more than makes up for one less gift.

ok girls, gonna pass out now, nighters!

so sweet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 09:15 PM   #7747  
Hardware Hotshot

Men they just don't get us or our crafting do they? But if we were to call them out on what they spend their money on they would not like that now would they???
Out stamps cost ALOT less than electronics, cars, video games, sports or what ever other silly stuff they are into!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 09:31 PM   #7748  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymamaView Post
She must be in league with my DH! I was opening a cute craft tote from my sister at my Dads house where we spent Christmas eve. DH exclaims in front of everyone... "No more craft and stamping sh*t!, We have enough of that cr*p!" Everyone stopped and stared. I was/am freakin' mortified!
Has he been spending time with my husband? That is a total Chris manuever. Ward probably would've found a way to make it a jab with some bad humor, but the point would've been driven home anyhow - if we were away from home.

At home, it'd be open season.

When he does open his trap, I just remind him that his hobby costs more than three times what all of mine do combined, and we're gonna start really trimming fat, his will be the biggest cut.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 09:35 PM   #7749  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Men they just don't get us or our crafting do they? But if we were to call them out on what they spend their money on they would not like that now would they???
Out stamps cost ALOT less than electronics, cars, video games, sports or what ever other silly stuff they are into!!!!
IF??

I figure that if Chris can give me grief, I can throw it right back, and since I have ammo like "One At-TE - $96.00, after a huge coupon. Wanna see whay ninety six bucks can buy from MY hobby! A hell of a lot more than ONE noisy toy!" he quiets down very quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 10:28 PM   #7750  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

[QUOTE=daiseyfreak;12489443]you girls are toooo funny, look at how we spend our Saturday nights....on the corner with each other!!

i just packed up my swaps for Gabby and Heather, and now I'm caught up, so I can work on scrappys newest one! Dang it, I'm gonna beat Sandye........[/QUOTE]

Joy--not fair! Not fair! I'm in Reno on vacation, and I did not bring any stamping supplies with me. Scrappy's swaps are not due until March. You must not be joining enough swaps if you are on March's swaps already! I lost some good stamping money on the slot machines today

Sandye/sgc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 10:34 PM   #7751  
Stazon Splitcoast

[QUOTE=sgc;12490143]
Quote:

you girls are toooo funny, look at how we spend our Saturday nights....on the corner with each other!!

i just packed up my swaps for Gabby and Heather, and now I'm caught up, so I can work on scrappys newest one! Dang it, I'm gonna beat Sandye........[/QUOTE]

Joy--not fair! Not fair! I'm in Reno on vacation, and I did not bring any stamping supplies with me. Scrappy's swaps are not due until March. You must not be joining enough swaps if you are on March's swaps already! I lost some good stamping money on the slot machines today

Sandye/sgc

Sorry that you lost at the slots today Sandye! However, I'm also glad that you are enjoying your vacation!

As for swaps... I now have TWO new swaps open! Check them out if you have a mind to... they are in my siggy line. Enjoy the remainder of your vacation. There is no rush on my account! We are just pokin' ya 'cuz we are jealous of your ability to churn out gorgeous work in a very short amount of time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 10:47 PM   #7752  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Hi Cori...glad you're "home"...lol!!! My jaw was on the floor when I was watching this on the news! My heart dropped when they said the 8 yr. old girl opened the door and he shot her in the face. I cried...like cried cried because I'm thinking...there's this little girl thinking it's an old neighbor who use to dress up as Santa...and instead this. Oh! I hope he rots in hell...right before he's tortured by demons. Glad to see you back!
right!!! ugh!!! That's exactly what I thought!

Find me on IG! crafting_ra_away
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 10:47 PM   #7753  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Cori! I was JUST thinking about you and here you are!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #7754  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Ok...finally got the courage to share with you what your little "niece" did to my car! Be warned...it's not pretty...lol.

I can't open this door because the inside arm got messed up...so the door ONLY opens up about an inch or 2...SO this chubby butt of mine has to enter thru the passenger door and jump over the divider with the CD and DVD base which is NON removable...it's a struggle...not just caus I'm "more to love" LMAO...but because of my bad back...it's a hilarious scene though...I'm sure ya'll would get a kick out of it!
yikes girlfriend!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 11:03 PM   #7755  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJeanView Post
POURING RAIN Cori! Wisconsin weather for ya, 30 inches of snow and now this....
wanna trade?! hehe

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 11:06 PM   #7756  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by delfinausView Post
Hi ladies,
Got a bad phone call today from my mom, saying that my grandfather was not well.

So I called and spoke to him and he rushed me off the phone sending me his love to me and my DD almost sounding as he knew what was going to happen.

An hour later my aunt called ( my grandfather was living with her) saying that he passed away. All of my family, except for my parents and sisters, live in Europe. So my mom got a flight out tonight. I just can't believe the next time I go there, which I was planning on going this summer '09 he won't be there. My parents would send me over every summer since I was 2, until I graduated from college. Then I went every other year.

I was planning on going this past year, but didn't because of having my baby girl, and I was so looking forward to having him meet her. She was his first great grandchild.

I'll talk to you all later...

I'm going to keep myself busy today by painting, and perhaps making a few scrap pages or something.
Oh I'm sooo sorry Michele... hugs

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 11:16 PM   #7757  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymamaView Post
Hi Cori! I was JUST thinking about you and here you are!
tee hee... TADA!!!!

How are ya?! Did you see my post on the Holiday GC thread? THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!! I LOVE that place!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 11:18 PM   #7758  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs_SView Post
tee hee... TADA!!!!

How are ya?! Did you see my post on the Holiday GC thread? THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!! I LOVE that place!!!
I'm hanging in here! Yuppers I saw your post...Glad you love Target too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 11:22 PM   #7759  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs_SView Post
tee hee... TADA!!!!

I'm hanging in here! Yuppers I saw your post...Glad you love Target too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 11:23 PM   #7760  
Stazon Splitcoast

ah carap! SC is doing the duplicate post thing again!
Reply With Quote Likes