Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-25-2008, 08:37 PM   #7281  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreakView Post
http://splendidstamping.blogspot.com...christmas.html

aaaaaaackkkkk, Alicia that runs my DT, just sent me this..........I'm totallllly trying to get it!!!!!!! I thinK I just gotta stay up 30 more minutes to order it!!!!! Merry Christmas to me...........
I need to stop thinking about those! They were already on my wishlist!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 08:39 PM   #7282  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJoView Post
OK, was farting around on the Demo side and now it's WAAAAY past my bed time... 0300 come WAYY to stinkin early...especially on a Tuesday... and a hectic Friday after Holiday court schedule and all this friggin snow that is now melting and TONS of rain forecasted... Gonna have to move stuff to the 3rd floor Calling for flooding A-FRIGGIN-GAIN this year.....

DAD GUMMIT!
Holy Carap!!! It's been flooding around here now too! I keep thinking I better build me an ark soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 08:42 PM   #7283  
Stazon Splitcoast

yeah, I'm not looking forward to taking the tree down and decorations down, but then again, I didn't put up as much this year, thank goodness! Good thing next week is a shorter week too with NYs!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 08:43 PM   #7284  
Stazon Splitcoast

KJ, I need to get to bed tooooo! but I don't have to be up as early as you!!!!! wowzers!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 08:46 PM   #7285  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreakView Post
yeah, I'm not looking forward to taking the tree down and decorations down, but then again, I didn't put up as much this year, thank goodness! Good thing next week is a shorter week too with NYs!
I have a ton of plans so who knows when I'll have time to do anything! I also gotta get the place cleaned up and organized for my annual New Years Eve Party! (It's like Vegas baby...so almost anything goes!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 08:53 PM   #7286  
Stazon Splitcoast

oooh I wish I lived closer so I could come to your party!!!!!!!!! I have no clue what we're doing yet. I have to work until 7:30 NY's Eve

ok girls, gonna get cleaned up, set my alarm, and check the pink poison site one more time and go to bed!!!!!!! nighters!!!!!!!!!!!! for those going shopping, have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! be careful tooo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 08:58 PM   #7287  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah! Wish you were closer too Joy! Party doesn't get going until 9:30-10 pm, but it's FUN!

TTYL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 02:05 AM   #7288  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymamaView Post
Wow! You hubby got something for your stocking?!?! Kudos Chris! My DH was marveling that we are together 16 years this year... And he has NEVER put anything in my stocking!

DH shopped on Christmas eve again...despite the fact that he was just supposed to be giving me $$ to pay off the stamps I was going to order tommorrow. Now I'm not being ungrateful, because believe you me... I will definitely need that manicure after I ruin mine beating him senseless!

DANG! My wishlist remains just that... ...until I sell off a kidney or something anywhooo!
I'll make sure to tell Ward that he gets a shiny gold star from you, Yvonne.

This is a new something for him. He did all sorts of awesome stuff - John Cusack with a boom box and fabulous speeches, quality material - BEFORE we got married.
Now I'm lucky if he remembers my birthday before lunchtime the day of. ( one year, Iain got up in the morning and said "Happy Birthday, Mommy!" and then I saw the 'oh sh*t' light go off over his head... and he conveniently volunteered to make a store run without me later in the afternoon )

I finally looked at the mail that has been piling up on my desk since Tuesday... shoulda looked sooner... I had some Happy Scrappy Mail!

The card is beautiful - love the color combo - and thank you for the SB gift card. *hug*

I was sooo awful this year... sent cards only to quiet the relatives who would gripe at my MIL who would gripe at us. Fifty cocoa packets in ten days around FT work and four school projects sucked the holiday cheer right out of me.

There are some super spectacular Hos who will be getting some January love from me... something that I wanted to get finished and just didn't get to do it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 02:40 AM   #7289  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymamaView Post
nah... the day after Thanksgiving is called "Black Friday" because the sales supposedly were so good that it kept businesses 'in the black' for the year. Now the economy is so bad that nothing is helping and businesses are failing left and right!

Now it seems the day after Christmas (your 'Boxing Day'), is the retail business' last hope. Alot of businesses are using tommorrow as a last ditch effort to improve their bottom line for the year. I'm wondering if I should go out still....
We debated that same thing.
But my shopping wouldn't help much, anyhow... I'd be mostly using GC's that have already been accounted for in the establishment's figures. Going over isn't much of an option this week.... between the mortgage payment and all the gift buying, we're broke 'til next week's payday!

Stuff is closing like mad around here. Chris's favorite apparel store is going under, we've lost at least a half a dozen mom and pop establishments of one form or another sinc July, and I'm seeing increased price tags on stuff in the stores that I usually shop at, to compensate for the lack of consumer spending.

And yet, this isn't supposed to be a repeat of the Great Depression.

Line of credit is what has kept the nation from really sinking, and even that is going under.

On the plus side, us crafty women will get by. Most us of can knit, crochet or sew, and many of us are bakers, canners and from scratch makers. When the bottom falls completely out, we'll be like a really stylish and technologically updated version of pioneer women.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:26 AM   #7290  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the warmest thing....it's a throw 50"x60" from Kohl's--"Down Blend Throw-incredibly soft micro-mink fabric" 55% down and 45% polyester.--It is so soft and cuddley, lightweight and very warm. I'm also getting a set of 4 nesties from cutathome--I told Jimmy about the 40% coupon and he signed up for it--those haven't arrived yet--so I don't know which shape.

Chain's here opened up at 5:30 am--trying to get the Christmas money--good luck. Oh yeah, here's something I found out--Jimmy told me this--Bed Bath and Beyond doesn't pay any attention to the expiration dates on those 20% off coupons that are in the newspapers and mailbox. His sister Judy used an old one and the clerk didn't blink an eye.
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:29 AM   #7291  
Hardware Hotshot

I got my cousin the same throw! So soft and cuddle! I am thinking I need to get myself one too being how much I am laying around right now!
Got my DR apt for Monday so just have to make it through this weekend then maybe some answers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:33 AM   #7292  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

MOrning all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:43 AM   #7293  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy1778View Post
On the plus side, us crafty women will get by. Most us of can knit, crochet or sew, and many of us are bakers, canners and from scratch makers. When the bottom falls completely out, we'll be like a really stylish and technologically updated version of pioneer women.
You gonna hook a sista up??? I can do NONE of that stuff....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:46 AM   #7294  
Stazon Splitcoast

HI KJ - hope it was quiet @ work yesterday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:50 AM   #7295  

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfaddenView Post
I got the warmest thing....it's a throw 50"x60" from Kohl's--"Down Blend Throw-incredibly soft micro-mink fabric" 55% down and 45% polyester.--It is so soft and cuddley, lightweight and very warm. I'm also getting a set of 4 nesties from cutathome--I told Jimmy about the 40% coupon and he signed up for it--those haven't arrived yet--so I don't know which shape.

Chain's here opened up at 5:30 am--trying to get the Christmas money--good luck. Oh yeah, here's something I found out--Jimmy told me this--Bed Bath and Beyond doesn't pay any attention to the expiration dates on those 20% off coupons that are in the newspapers and mailbox. His sister Judy used an old one and the clerk didn't blink an eye.
It's either THAT store or Linens n Things that is closing up shop up here...WAY to spendy before...hmmm, wonder if I can afford it now?? Oh wait, kid sucked me dry... NM!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:50 AM   #7296  

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJeanView Post
MOrning all!
Hey LJ!!!

No boss here today so heh heh hehhh!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:53 AM   #7297  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hey LJ!!!

No boss here today so heh heh hehhh!!!!
WAHOO! We are closed (best thing about December 26th this year!) And next week I just work 3 days too! So I am gonna work on swaps today! I have one local swap I have to get out in the mail by tomorrow morning Priority. So I'll be a busy bee!

But my #1 goal is to feel better tomorrow so I can go down to the pub and watch the Badger Game!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:58 AM   #7298  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

It's either THAT store or Linens n Things that is closing up shop up here...WAY to spendy before...hmmm, wonder if I can afford it now?? Oh wait, kid sucked me dry... NM!
All of the LNT in our area closed up, so my guess would be that is your closing chain.
They filed bankruptcy, and most of their stores went under, if not all of.

We lost all of our KB Toys, too. The last one is wrapping up at the end of December, and S&K Menswear as well.

Stuff is folding like mad...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 07:00 AM   #7299  

Quote:

WAHOO! We are closed (best thing about December 26th this year!) And next week I just work 3 days too! So I am gonna work on swaps today! I have one local swap I have to get out in the mail by tomorrow morning Priority. So I'll be a busy bee!

But my #1 goal is to feel better tomorrow so I can go down to the pub and watch the Badger Game!
YEA LJ.....

OH BOX CAME!!!! It came on the 24th and I fogot to post...mail lady said she had to wait an aditional 2 hours for a truck from up north....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 07:01 AM   #7300  

Quote:

All of the LNT in our area closed up, so my guess would be that is your closing chain.
They filed bankruptcy, and most of their stores went under, if not all of.

We lost all of our KB Toys, too. The last one is wrapping up at the end of December, and S&K Menswear as well.

Stuff is folding like mad...
We have (? still?) a KB Toys outlet in Centralia.... used to go there when it fit the "needs" of my kids.... NO MORE !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 07:01 AM   #7301  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

I don't know how well pasta from scratch would ship.. might be closer to penicillin by the time it got there... but I'm a canning ninja and can sew passibly well.. and embroider.... add in the option of sending along "just add wet ingredients" mixes, and I think I'll have you at least partially covered.

I've always wanted to learn to knit. I have never had the patience for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 07:02 AM   #7302  

Quote:

I don't know how well pasta from scratch would ship.. might be closer to penicillin by the time it got there... but I'm a canning ninja and can sew passibly well.. and embroider.... add in the option of sending along "just add wet ingredients" mixes, and I think I'll have you at least partially covered.

I've always wanted to learn to knit. I have never had the patience for it.
LOL!! The patience sums up the WHOLE Shabang you mentioned.... I HAVE NONE!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 07:04 AM   #7303  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

YEA LJ.....

OH BOX CAME!!!! It came on the 24th and I fogot to post...mail lady said she had to wait an aditional 2 hours for a truck from up north....
YAY!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 07:04 AM   #7304  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

We have (? still?) a KB Toys outlet in Centralia.... used to go there when it fit the "needs" of my kids.... NO MORE !
The outlet sites might stay open longer, but I'm not sure.
We have / had only one, at a Prime Outlet center about an hour from here, but our actual KB stores are all closed save the closing 12/31 site.
We had five of them, two years ago.

Their sinking can be attributed to their prices, though. TRU is a lot cheaper and now that Wally World and Target have expanded to where they stand now, you can get a lot of KB's stuff anywhere else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 07:05 AM   #7305  

Quote:

YAY!!!!!
Hailey is hooked up PHAT on gifties for the girlies....

WAY cute goodies in that sucker and my NEW PUNCH!!!! WAHOOOO!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 07:07 AM   #7306  

Wal Fart is blamed for alot of stores closing but it's really mismanagement of funds I'm thinking (EXCEPT the mom & Pops) I SOOO love those stores....especially restaurants...

I HATE to shop (except on line) so Wal Fart is the perfect one stop shop...would use Fred Myer more but they do a LOT of the organic stuff and prices are high like Safeway so I stick to my kind o people....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 07:09 AM   #7307  

OK, time for sick call gotta get all the sick, lame and lazy to see the nurse..and pass medications...

Later Gaters!!!!

Stay warm!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 07:10 AM   #7308  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

LOL!! The patience sums up the WHOLE Shabang you mentioned.... I HAVE NONE!!!!!
Nah, you have plenty. I saw those barrettes, remember!

When in doubt, blame the job.
Before I became a CPO I had gobs of fortitude, and all sorts of willingness to sit down and create and give stuff like that a go.
Now I can, sew and craft out of necessity, and that is all. Were in not for SCS motivation, I probably wouldn't stamp at all.

The only thing I wouldn't give us is by scratch cooking, and that's only because most of the box made / prefab stuff is shoving my kidneys one step closer to dialysis.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 07:15 AM   #7309  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Wal Fart is blamed for alot of stores closing but it's really mismanagement of funds I'm thinking (EXCEPT the mom & Pops) I SOOO love those stores....especially restaurants...

I HATE to shop (except on line) so Wal Fart is the perfect one stop shop...would use Fred Myer more but they do a LOT of the organic stuff and prices are high like Safeway so I stick to my kind o people....
Couple that with the mass merchandiers ability to buy in larger quantities, and it spells doom for the smaller guys.

I know that Wal Mart is evil, and I DO agree that they treat their employees poorly, but so do a lot of other places.
If I boycotted every store who used crummy trade practice and was a lousy employer, I'd be spinning my own wool and growing my own food.
Even if the store itself isn't rotten, chance are it carries products made by rotten manufacturers.

And I'm cheap. I pinch and corner cut like mad. If I didn't there's no way in heck I could afford Ward's Star Wars habit AND my hobbies.

..and he'd just be heartbroken if I took all his little dolly and spaceship privilidges away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 08:17 AM   #7310  
Hardware Hotshot

I don't get the news paper here - have to get it from my folks! Dose any one know what the Micheals specials are right now? Are the cuttle bugs on sale or is thre a 40 or 50 off going on right now? Thanks- I want to get one with my Christmas money.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 08:20 AM   #7311  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hailey is hooked up PHAT on gifties for the girlies....

WAY cute goodies in that sucker and my NEW PUNCH!!!! WAHOOOO!!!!!
There was something else that was supposed to be in that box for you but it didn't make it for some reason....So I'll send it out separately next week
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 08:25 AM   #7312  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricketeewView Post
I don't get the news paper here - have to get it from my folks! Dose any one know what the Micheals specials are right now? Are the cuttle bugs on sale or is thre a 40 or 50 off going on right now? Thanks- I want to get one with my Christmas money.
I just saw the sizzix stuff was 50% off, and the Cricut for $199.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 08:34 AM   #7313  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricketeewView Post
I got my cousin the same throw! So soft and cuddle! I am thinking I need to get myself one too being how much I am laying around right now!
Got my DR apt for Monday so just have to make it through this weekend then maybe some answers!
I'm so glad you are going to finally get some answers so this misery can be put behind you! I am lovin' that throw--it is the bestest!
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 08:36 AM   #7314  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I was kinda wondering who Roberta was thinking of---it wasn't me either! Okay, I can sew--haven't in 30 years. But canning?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 08:37 AM   #7315  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

It's Linen and Things that's closing along w/Circuit City. We lost our KB Toys last year--high prices.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 08:38 AM   #7316  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi kash!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 08:57 AM   #7317  
Stazon Splitcoast

afternoon girls! catching up on paperwork, we are dead today, but I'm ok with that! I had a jail consult supposed to come in today, but they didn't have anyone working for them, so they had to cancel due to no transportation.

i'm going home early, I think I'm getting sick (prolly Karma b/c I called in sick Tuesday and wasn't.....grrrrrrrr)

I got some good deals at Kohls today, gonna check out target on the way home. I hear ya about store closings, things are bad here too.

ok talk to you girls later!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 09:25 AM   #7318  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Everybody!!! Name:  wave.gif
Views: 18
Size:  703 Bytes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 09:28 AM   #7319  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi back right at ya Scrappy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 09:29 AM   #7320  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yoorah!!!!!!!!! What ru up 2?
Reply With Quote Likes