Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-04-2008, 11:30 AM   #5441  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuGView Post
it is for that reason a friend told me to always have my cell phone in a pocket and not in my purse. I thought that was great advice. so keys in one pocket, cell phone in the other, going to have to start wearing stretchy pants with pockets LOL!
LOL!! My husband threated to make me start wearing military fatigues.

I told him tough rocks 'cause they don't come in size chunky Ho a**.

I am really bad about the cell phone going into the phone pocket in my purse... when I leave it in my jeans, I end up dialing people and don't know it. If I'm wearing my staple Retro Ho vintage black slacks, I'm okay, but anything else it's a coin toss.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #5442  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs_SView Post
And always check the backseat of your car before you get in...

I had a friend check before she got in & realized that her front passenger seat was leaning back & she didn't leave it that way. As she was about to open the door, she stopped, ran away... a guy was sitting in the seat waiting for her to get in!
Scary!!!

It's crazy... we had an alert bulletin a few weeks ago about really well organized panhandlers.
They're going into one of our upper middle class neighbrohoods, knocking on doors and claiming to be new residents. Clean, well dressed, plain spoken and friendly.
Said mooch has to pay the sitter, doesn't have $10 / $20 til his wife gets home in an hour or two... can he get it til she gets back... and the dumb burbies fall for it.

A. I know who is on my block, even the new people.

B. Why the heck would someone just shell out cash to a complete stranger??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 12:57 PM   #5443  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs_SView Post
And always check the backseat of your car before you get in...

I had a friend check before she got in & realized that her front passenger seat was leaning back & she didn't leave it that way. As she was about to open the door, she stopped, ran away... a guy was sitting in the seat waiting for her to get in!
oh great, now i will never drive at night. I have always (since about 10 yrold) checked the back of the car. I heard the story of the axe murderer in the backseat reaching up to kill the driver and the car behind kept flashing their high beams to scare him down again, until they gto to a well lit place and he pulled her over and got her safely out of the car. Believe me I am such a chicken sh*t when it comes to scary campfire stories!LOL!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 01:22 PM   #5444  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy1778View Post
It didn't have me do anything but a click... I wonder if the link you used just auto voted for the shelter you chose?? I hope so!

In lieu of gifts ( from those who would tolerate our "Crazy Buddhism", which really pissed me off... stupid inlaws... ), Chris and I made humanitarian choices for the holiday.

I asked that people chose from one of the many no-kill shelters or rescue agencies in our area ( we have something like 30 of them ), or C-SNIP ( a low cost spay / neuter non-profit clinic ), spend even half of what they would have on a gift for us, buy needed supplies for said agency and deliver them before Christmas.

Chris chose the people option - to either buy necessity items or toys, and deliver them to one of the homeless shelters in our downtown area, or to round up as much unwanted clothing and stuff from their home as they can manage, and deliver that - AND take the time to help the agency sort and shelve the items ( everyone's short on volunteers, which is odd for our area ).

My family was receptive to the idea, but Chris's people... my MIL stuck her nose up and ranted about not being able to open anything, and Chris's grandma just couldn't wrap her simple, aging country folk mind around why on earth we'd do that, when someone can do that any time ( she thinks we *have to* open something at her house, no matter how old we are... she's a sweet lady, but daffy as heck ).
I think that my veggie, eco-hip BIL was okay with it, though, which ought to further irritate my MIL... oh joy.

I think you're "crazy Buddhism" is a lot like what my "normal Christianity" should be. . .KUDOS to you & Ward!!!

Last edited by huera90; 12-04-2008 at 01:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 01:22 PM   #5445  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

it is for that reason a friend told me to always have my cell phone in a pocket and not in my purse. I thought that was great advice. so keys in one pocket, cell phone in the other, going to have to start wearing stretchy pants with pockets LOL!
I wear the stretchy black pants and put my cell and keys in the pocket..more for my ability to find them vs lost in the bottom of the purse. Good to know it is a help safety wise too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 01:26 PM   #5446  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy1778View Post
Less than that, even. And, locigally, I know this ( and I got a chewing from my NWC ) - I have to for my job.
But the idea of someone freezing due to my paranoia won over my common sense. Not the first time it's happened, and it probably won't be the last.

There's a chance, every single day at work, that some drug dealer that I helped take off the streets will have family or felow gang member walk in and shoot everyone in my office.
We've had residents go hysterical in our building and had to restrain them until a boy with a badge showed up... we see some pretty screwed up crap on a day to day basis, and retaliation is very common in some communities around here.

It's something that I think about every single day when I enter my office. But it doesn't stop me from going to work and doing what I love to do. We can just as easily die in a car accident or falling down the stairs in our home... I just tempt Fate a little more often than that.

It is, however, nice to know that I'm appreciated.
You gals are the absolute bestest! *mwah*!

You're beyond appreciated!!! You also have a bit of a death wish, but I digress. . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #5447  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricketeewView Post
HI girls no I have not fallen off the face of the earth into the Retail black hole Sure feels like it though THe past 2 days I have worked from 1-11 with only a 30 min break! OUCH!
But today is much better only 10-5 for me today
Then it is girls night out! YEPPIE!
So you may not see me around but know I am haveing fun!
have a great day!
You've certainly earned it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #5448  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey ladies...where does everyone get their copics?? And what are the best kind to get??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 01:38 PM   #5449  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

oh great, now i will never drive at night. I have always (since about 10 yrold) checked the back of the car. I heard the story of the axe murderer in the backseat reaching up to kill the driver and the car behind kept flashing their high beams to scare him down again, until they gto to a well lit place and he pulled her over and got her safely out of the car. Believe me I am such a chicken sh*t when it comes to scary campfire stories!LOL!
Hey SuG-gah Ho!

You're making me laugh Su. . . You're just like KelliJo. . . You can't say "Boo" without her freakin' out. . .

MWAH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 01:48 PM   #5450  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris1josh2View Post
Hey ladies...where does everyone get their copics?? And what are the best kind to get??
I personally like the hold on the Copic Ciao, but the sketch seem to last longer and/or hold more ink. I have ordered from All That Scraps and from Gina K, she had a marker club that I joined for 6 months, I was able to get an entire set of 36-6 markers a month for 6 months, which was nice. Then I've ordered individual markers from All That Scraps, there prices are pretty good and they don't charge for shipping over $25.00. Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 03:15 PM   #5451  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Man I missed a lot...darn work!

I'm not gonna comment much about the gift issues, as I don't have a DS or DD to relate to, perhaps as Octavia gets older I will (but she has yet to arrive...)

As far as the tasers/pepper spray. I never leave home with out my pepper spray keychain, and I have carried it before living on my own. I had an "incident" awhile back, thankfully I was not hurt, but it was a scary moment (and only 3 blocks from home in a safe neighborhood) There have also been quite a few attacks on campus so I go prepared....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #5452  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't read any of the posts re/taser pepper spray...but I do have a concealed weapons permit.
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #5453  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfaddenView Post
I haven't read any of the posts re/taser pepper spray...but I do have a concealed weapons permit.
Unfortunately, those are V. hard to get up here! Only the bad guys have guns here... We get the automated calls from the PD saying that "there has been another rash of crime in our neighborhood." Apparently, in order to combat this, you need to be in good shape and very flexible...that way you can bend over and kiss your A** goodbye when the criminals show up to take whatever they want!

Two weeks ago, the neighbor upstairs had her car tires slashed & the car vandalized twice - LESS THAN 20 FEET from our front door! The 'bad guys' here are brazen, slick, and unafraid to do whatever they want. We see the police out on patrol in the parks, or parked to catch speeders, but the crime rate is through the roof and rising here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 05:22 PM   #5454  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have pepper spray in my desk at work, I'm not supposed to, but I do.........

yay, made a new project and it's done
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #5455  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreakView Post
I have pepper spray in my desk at work, I'm not supposed to, but I do.........

yay, made a new project and it's done
We wanna see! Where is it???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #5456  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

RIGHT ON!!!!!

I can't have one, ever. MI law says if you've eever taken an SSRI for any reason, you can't ever have a CCW.
While my major meantal health stuff is sealed in my juvenile record, I've been in therapy and was treated for PPD. If one doesn't sink me, the other one will.

Probably for the better anyhow... I have a feeling I'd end up in jail for shooting someone in teh a** on one of my bad days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 05:37 PM   #5457  
Stazon Splitcoast

Grandmother's funeral was yesturday so hoping life will return to normal and I'll be around more.

Joy - the heck with policy - you make sure that pepper spray in your drawer is in good working order.

Just got a long lecture from DH about not having my cell phone with me all the time - not safe blah blah. Geeze, wonder how we survived before cell phones

Also have that habit of looking in my back seats before getting in in the dark

Hi Scrappy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 05:40 PM   #5458  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi girls! I just got home for Girls night out our Christmas event! I took a cup cake ornament - and came home with one as well! Out of 16 of us there were 3 cup cakes! But I got the best one! I may have to use it as an inspiration for a card! YUMMY!
Ok off to soak in the tub!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 05:44 PM   #5459  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoorahView Post
Grandmother's funeral was yesturday so hoping life will return to normal and I'll be around more.

Joy - the heck with policy - you make sure that pepper spray in your drawer is in good working order.

Just got a long lecture from DH about not having my cell phone with me all the time - not safe blah blah. Geeze, wonder how we survived before cell phones

Hi Scrappy!
Hi Yoorah! What are you up to? Working too hard?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #5460  
Stazon Splitcoast

yoorah, I was wondering where you were, I"M SO SORRY TO hear about your grandmother, hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 05:46 PM   #5461  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymamaView Post
We wanna see! Where is it???
on my blog and in my gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 05:48 PM   #5462  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymamaView Post
Hi Yoorah! What are you up to? Working too hard?
Yes but all personal stuff. Took the day off today to finish wrapping up paper work for grandma, then some legal issues for my parents. Been out of the office for 2 1/2 days so there should be a mountain of work to get back to tomorrow
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 05:48 PM   #5463  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreakView Post
yoorah, I was wondering where you were, I"M SO SORRY TO hear about your grandmother, hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Joy.

You have been creating some absolutely gorgeous things lately girl! And I had to show Pete Polo's Thanksgiving picture. He is SUCH a good boy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 05:52 PM   #5464  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thank you Joy.

You have been creating some absolutely gorgeous things lately girl! And I had to show Pete Polo's Thanksgiving picture. He is SUCH a good boy!
awee thanks!

Wow, you are lucky to have your grandmother around for so long, how old was she? Is your grandfather still here? How are your parents? Be sure to take care of yourself and not get too overwhelmed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 05:55 PM   #5465  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I Could have used that about 6 years ago, but the kick in the groin did just as good I think
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #5466  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yoorah ~~~ So sorry for your loss!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 06:00 PM   #5467  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey there,

I uploaded this card for Black and White challenge, I'm normally not a black and white card person, so tell me what you think:
2nd Annual HPC Convention July 24-27 2009... part 2-2008_12_04_7th_daay.jpg

It's also in my blog and gallery, if you want a closer peek (or leave some love)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 06:00 PM   #5468  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Yes but all personal stuff. Took the day off today to finish wrapping up paper work for grandma, then some legal issues for my parents. Been out of the office for 2 1/2 days so there should be a mountain of work to get back to tomorrow
So sorry you are going through all of this Yoorah! It's so difficult to keep your mind off these things -esp. when it is so recent! But hopefully with so much work at the office, you'll be distracted from your troubles.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 06:10 PM   #5469  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Hi Scrappy!
I'm so sorry about your grandmother. *hug*

How wonderful that you had her in your life for so long! Death is never easy, but you have a lifetime of wonderful memories to take well into your hopefully inherited spunky old age.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 06:27 PM   #5470  
Hardware Hotshot

Yoo-Rah, I am so sorry for the loss of your grandmother. Know that you are in my prayers.

Thanks, ladies... just popped on to say hello and let y'all know I am still around!

Neeru
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #5471  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey there Neeru! Hope you and the kiddies are well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 06:31 PM   #5472  
Forum Fanatic

Yoorah I am so sorry to hear that your going through all of this. It never gets easier, we just learn to live with the pain it seems. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

LJ love the card, its very cute

Neeru! Long time no see lady...lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 06:34 PM   #5473  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Jackie! How are ya feelin'?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 06:36 PM   #5474  
Gabfest Goddess

Hi, Neeru! It's good to hear from you again! *hug*

I'm just popping in to say good night. Ward's just about out of the shower and he's done being mad at me... I'm way too sleepy for anything overly exciting, but my bedroom is FUH-REEEEZING and he throws off heat like my own personal furnace.

Nighty-nite, all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 06:37 PM   #5475  
Forum Fanatic

tired, but on the plus side I didn't take a nap today! Although I came very close...I am actually going to head to bed now, getting really tired again. I was bored today so I created 3 cards (1 Verve and 2 Unity) plus started a puzzle! LOL....not enough things to do, oh and I finished another book so that means I need to go to the library again, oops. I get to go for more blood work tomorrow and pay some bills...not fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 06:49 PM   #5476  
Hardware Hotshot

Hey Scrappy! LOVE your avie pic. What a cutie! You both feeling well, now?

Jackie - what has it been? 5 minutes? Are you like my DH - lost your short-term memory?

Hey, chrispy - is that why your name is CHRISPY? Your dh heats you to a crisp? TeeHee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 06:52 PM   #5477  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by babitoonsView Post
tired, but on the plus side I didn't take a nap today! Although I came very close...I am actually going to head to bed now, getting really tired again. I was bored today so I created 3 cards (1 Verve and 2 Unity) plus started a puzzle! LOL....not enough things to do, oh and I finished another book so that means I need to go to the library again, oops. I get to go for more blood work tomorrow and pay some bills...not fun.
It sounds like things are sloooowly getting better for you too Jackie! Same here! I am able to take deeper breaths occasionally - although that still starts me on a coughing fit. My energy level is definitely improving though too! Name:  banana.gif
Views: 26
Size:  1.5 KB

Last edited by urscrappymama; 12-04-2008 at 06:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 08:31 PM   #5478  
Stazon Splitcoast

yay, glad my hos are feeling better! got one last card done, so I'm going to bed, yikes, have to get up early!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #5479  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2008, 02:00 AM   #5480  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp-addictView Post
Hey Scrappy! LOVE your avie pic. What a cutie! You both feeling well, now?

Jackie - what has it been? 5 minutes? Are you like my DH - lost your short-term memory?

Hey, chrispy - is that why your name is CHRISPY? Your dh heats you to a crisp? TeeHee
LOL.... it should be!

I've never bothered to explain this one on SCS, but since I'm feeling especially awake this morning, y'all get a wordy answer. LOL

I probably should come up with some original idea that doesn't involve my email adx, but I'm lazy.
It's been DH's nickname of sorts from school since forever. As there was always more than one Chris is his classroom, he became Chris P. on all of his paperwork and it just rolled over.
And so that the giant goon would actually remember our email adx ( we started sharing one back in the wedding planning days and it stuck ), I had to make it something easy - the numeric combo is the latter half of his b-day ( 17 F. 1978 ).
And since I am nearly world renowed for being a big ol' unoriginal dork, it just became our mutually used id for most things.

Unfortunately, about half of SCS doesn't actually read my signature line, and assumes that my name is Chris or Christy. That's what I get, I suppose.
Reply With Quote Likes