Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-26-2008, 06:01 AM   #2241  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfaddenView Post
Marci...the rain is here in earnest! It's been raining steadily for over 3 hours! Hooray. I don't care if I do get wet running into Curves and the PO today. I hope this raises the level of Lake Lanier.

LJ---Why does the bus driver care how long it takes you to get off of the firgging bus? From now on I would take my own sweet time and if he gives you any grief let him have it, send an email and then call the company, speak directly to a supervisor and demand action immediately. Let the supervisor know that you ride the bus EVERY WHERE and demand satisfaction, a free bus pass for a month is acceptable. Now, do all of this in your best assertive (not bee itcy) take-no-nonsense voice.
...next time I have a major issue with a retailer, can I send for you to come along as my enforcer?

I have no problem letting the whatfors fly when it's called for, but I tip my hat to your forceful couth.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 06:25 AM   #2242  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy1778View Post
...next time I have a major issue with a retailer, can I send for you to come along as my enforcer?

I have no problem letting the whatfors fly when it's called for, but I tip my hat to your forceful couth.
I learned how to complain nicely from my ex-bf and my mother! Both taught me that flunkies, generic term for worker bee's, can't solve the problem and are going to go to the supervisor anyway, so just start w/the supervisor and go from there. Go to the person who can affect action. If the supervisor doesn't know there is a problem, how can it be corrected?

On the otherhand, when I do receive exceptional customer service, I get the employee's name and call the supervisor and let them know what a great employee they have.

It's all in tone of voice; there is no reason for rudeness; a smile goes a long way.
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 06:27 AM   #2243  
Gallery Gazer

Okay...this rain isn't going to let up, it's really pouring down. So the heck w/it I'm going to Curves and PO!
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 07:02 AM   #2244  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

I learned how to complain nicely from my ex-bf and my mother! Both taught me that flunkies, generic term for worker bee's, can't solve the problem and are going to go to the supervisor anyway, so just start w/the supervisor and go from there. Go to the person who can affect action. If the supervisor doesn't know there is a problem, how can it be corrected?

On the otherhand, when I do receive exceptional customer service, I get the employee's name and call the supervisor and let them know what a great employee they have.

It's all in tone of voice; there is no reason for rudeness; a smile goes a long way.
So many people overlook praising employees. I do that whenever it's called for.
Threw a Wal Mart manager for a loop a couple of weeks ago when I told him how wonderful his pharm tech was and how she went above and beyond to track down a prescription for my son.
He thought for sure I was going to yell, because almost everyone complains about how slow they are and how rude their head pharmacist is ( he's not rude at all - he's from Haiti and he puts a lot of emphasis into his English so that people can understand him around his islander French accent ).

It's the holding my fuse after I've been on the phone for twenty minutes with someone who has the IQ of a wetnap that I am not so good at.

I hope that you survived the PO trek without getting too soggy!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 07:05 AM   #2245  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Host

I DID IT.....

I have a picture on my brand new shiny blog.... It's one of my kitties! YEA GABBY AND MEL.... Blog goddesses that they are or just PURE PUTER KNOW IT ALLS..... OOO this is gonna be SOOO fun, no Gallery Mods there so I can show you my peeps....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 07:08 AM   #2246  
Glitter Guru

Wow KelliJo, kinda gross with the rabbit (the poor tiny defenseless creature) I am proud of your blog though!!! Very nice!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 07:32 AM   #2247  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJoView Post
I DID IT.....

I have a picture on my brand new shiny blog.... It's one of my kitties! YEA GABBY AND MEL.... Blog goddesses that they are or just PURE PUTER KNOW IT ALLS..... OOO this is gonna be SOOO fun, no Gallery Mods there so I can show you my peeps....
Kelli--I enjoyed your blog with pictures! We had a cat years ago who brought home a skinned rabbit that was still alive. Since I had seen that, your picture did not bother me. Want to know why I am telling you this here instead of on your blog--it's because I am technolicially "stupid!"! I may have to get one of these young computer geniuses to walk me through leaving comments and setting up a gallery. Would you believe I was a business teacher who taught computers? (Okay, they were the old Apples, but they were still computers!) I learned to type on a typewriter that did not even plug in.

Sandye/sgc
Well Seasoned Ho
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 07:33 AM   #2248  
Gabfest Goddess

Wow, Kelli, you're a posting fool today! You go girl!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 07:39 AM   #2249  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

LJ---Why does the bus driver care how long it takes you to get off of the firgging bus? From now on I would take my own sweet time and if he gives you any grief let him have it, send an email and then call the company, speak directly to a supervisor and demand action immediately. Let the supervisor know that you ride the bus EVERY WHERE and demand satisfaction, a free bus pass for a month is acceptable. Now, do all of this in your best assertive (not bee itcy) take-no-nonsense voice.
Oh I don't give the drivers grief directly, with some of the drivers that would be a definate NO NO! Calling our bus company is simply a waste of time. You donít get past the first person that answers the call. Iíve asked for a supervisor callback on more than one occasion (and never received any contact back) so I have given up on that end. The primary customer service people are very friendly but itís just policy. We have some of the worst drivers in Madison. The drivers in Chicago are kinder. We had a Metro driver last year that would not let a passenger on the bus, there is some debate as to why, but the driver took off with the passenger holding on to the side mirror (not just a foot or two BTW Ė we are talking 400 feet). The city did the right thing and discharged him. Every city bus service has a few bad apples, 95% of the drivers at Metro are very nice people. Iíve known many of them for 10-15 years. If I get the same driver tomorrow morning I will give him some ďsugarĒ and ask him to take it easy on Knob Hill Rd. Most drivers will be happy to do so. I havenít seen this driver much so heís either new or heís been on other routes. When I have major problems, I send Mayor Dave a little e-mail and he lets the General Manager know about it. Best results happen when you go up the ladder a little bit.

I think I am going to fly out of here at noon. Try to get into the Chiropractor this afternoon & get some rest. My manager is totally cool about it (I told her yesterday about going off the meds and she was extremely good about it).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 07:46 AM   #2250  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I DID IT.....

I cant comment on your blog!! THAT BLOWS!!!

but I love your blog and will be stalking it everyday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 07:49 AM   #2251  
Stazon Splitcoast

I see the family resemble between you and kitty P.P.!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 09:05 AM   #2252  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreakView Post
ok, off to take a nice hot bath and then to play with my new STUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!! Oh and Gabby, don't kick my arse, but I ordered some more AMUSE stamps today, they released their Halloween ones today BUT that was already figured into the AMUSE bill from my last order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and before I decided to go on the spending freeze

I got a spiders one, the Harry Potter look alike one, and one of a toad with a cool hat
Don't feel too bad Joy...just to be even I placed an order too with Rubbernecker since it's treasure hunt Tuesday!!! Who doesn't like free stuff? LMAO!!! Now I MUST take a peek at AMUSE! Dang you had to mention a HP look alike!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 09:15 AM   #2253  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoorahView Post
I see the family resemble between you and kitty P.P.!

Is she a "Savage Beast" too?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 09:17 AM   #2254  
Gallery Gazer

OK GEEZ...ya'll don't have to stare at me!!! My concience is ratting me out! I didn't just buy from Rubbernecker...I also did a little MFT & OT shopping. Shame on me! Off to stamp as punishment!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 09:38 AM   #2255  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaieeMomView Post
OK GEEZ...ya'll don't have to stare at me!!! My concience is ratting me out! I didn't just buy from Rubbernecker...I also did a little MFT & OT shopping. Shame on me! Off to stamp as punishment!
can you or anyone else explain to me these treasure hunts? I just don't understand what you have to do to be eliagable for free items...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 09:58 AM   #2256  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I DID IT.....

Woo hoo Kelli!!! Welcome to blogging world!

Find me on IG! crafting_ra_away
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #2257  
Die Cut Diva

P.S. Updated my gallery too, like McFadden... check it out!
P.P.S. Got my HUGE SU! order yesterday! I was a hostess for my monthly club, & I got $85 worth of credit to buy until my heart was content!!! (still not content, but getting there!)
Can't wait to start playing... & since I'm done w/ all my swaps & projects for the store, looks like I might be able to start joining some more swaps soon! yay!!!

Find me on IG! crafting_ra_away
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 10:10 AM   #2258  
Stazon Splitcoast

GABBY!!!!! lol, ok, now I don't feel as guilty b/c you bought more than me, lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 10:17 AM   #2259  
Stazon Splitcoast

well girls, I am home from work early, in so much pain today, and very very moody, having the same problem as Gabby this week Guess it takes a while for that dang medication to work its magic ugh
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 10:20 AM   #2260  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

well girls, I am home from work early, in so much pain today, and very very moody, having the same problem as Gabby this week Guess it takes a while for that dang medication to work its magic ugh
HUGS JOY! Trying to stick it out here @ the office..that frieght train keeps slamming into me though......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 10:26 AM   #2261  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by babitoonsView Post
can you or anyone else explain to me these treasure hunts? I just don't understand what you have to do to be eliagable for free items...
The rubber necker home page tells you exactly what to do..basically click on one of 2 freebies, then add anything else to your order and the one item is free. They even say if you can't find it just add a comment at checkout.. so it is pretty must a no brainer..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 10:29 AM   #2262  
Glitter Guru

I got my Ho cards done! Yeah!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 11:03 AM   #2263  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgcView Post
Kelli--I enjoyed your blog with pictures! We had a cat years ago who brought home a skinned rabbit that was still alive. Since I had seen that, your picture did not bother me. Want to know why I am telling you this here instead of on your blog--it's because I am technolicially "stupid!"! I may have to get one of these young computer geniuses to walk me through leaving comments and setting up a gallery. Would you believe I was a business teacher who taught computers? (Okay, they were the old Apples, but they were still computers!) I learned to type on a typewriter that did not even plug in.

Sandye/sgc
Well Seasoned Ho
hey, that is how i learned to type. my mom taught me when I was little from an old teaching typing book that she had kept. I know that i am going to have to start with the boys soon, but it is hard when they both want to access the key board, and it is not a two person unit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #2264  
Stazon Splitcoast

phew caught up again...busy uploading to gallery...then going to prep an order that I have to mail out when the monkeys wake up....
Then hopefully take pictures of stuff to put on ebay later this week so I can get some extra $$$ to set aside for me in Oct...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 11:20 AM   #2265  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kafranciView Post

Is she a "Savage Beast" too?
By she doe you mean KJ or the kitty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #2266  
Stazon Splitcoast

lol, I learned to type on a typewriter too, man that was 13 years ago, not that long considering all the advances since then! My parents don't even own a computer, they call me and my DH if they need something off the computer!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 12:10 PM   #2267  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoorahView Post
By she doe you mean KJ or the kitty
Both!! Teehee!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 12:12 PM   #2268  
Glitter Guru

Joy-

Thanks so much for the cute birthday card and the "tee" images!!! Can't wait to play with them!!! Very cute!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #2269  
Stazon Splitcoast

no problem
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 12:38 PM   #2270  
Stazon Splitcoast

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 12:40 PM   #2271  
Stazon Splitcoast

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAMMY!

Last edited by daiseyfreak; 08-26-2008 at 02:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 12:40 PM   #2272  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN!
Thank you so much!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 01:52 PM   #2273  
Gallery Gazer

Happy Birthday to Karen and Tammy today, and Shelia tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 01:52 PM   #2274  
Stazon Splitcoast

YAY, got my SU order and took some cute pics, check out my blog, lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 02:56 PM   #2275  
Gallery Gazer

I'm trying to choose picture for the ho swap and found this one of Mac! Can't I just use pictures of the cutest boy dog in the world?
<-------
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 03:06 PM   #2276  
Forum Fanatic

Joy! I received my birthday card today, it is cute! Thank you for sending me one
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 03:08 PM   #2277  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I'm trying to choose picture for the ho swap and found this one of Mac! Can't I just use pictures of the cutest boy dog in the world?
<-------
Adorable pic Kash!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 03:09 PM   #2278  
Stazon Splitcoast

no problem jackie, sorry it is late!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 03:12 PM   #2279  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

<-------
lol, we could go rounds on this one, but we're just gonna have to compromise and say that our dogs are equally the cutest boy dogs around

that is a cute picture of him, he looks like he is struttin his stuff! I wanted to use a picture of polo too, but I figure everyone needs to see me b/c everyone already knows what Polo looks like in every possible way, lol- but, I did put a lil something on there about him, lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 03:28 PM   #2280  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Sandye~ You are cracking meup... I remember the good ole typewriter... In fact the front office at the PD STILL uses one. Some of the forms just CANT be lined up to fit in the blanks, dont know what tey will do when it breaks as MOST kids dont have a clue what it is....

I have noticed no my blog that the little hand for the cursor doesn't show up on the "post" part...I just click anyway...and ta daaa....

I was feeling a lil warped this AM so I HAD to show my bunny foo picture... It reminds me of Yoorah posting the Hawk with a big long string of guts last year...

Your cat SKINNED a bunny??? WOWZERS, lately Ive had LOTS of those little piles of just the Green triangle thingy, kidny, liver???? Heck I dont know but I found one in between my toes one morning.... UGH!!!! NASTY!
Reply With Quote Likes