Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-19-2008, 05:29 AM   #4881  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by babitoonsView Post
Now will I have enough time this afternoon to create coaster albums and cards...or should I just pick one?! LOL
Hmmm you trying to save some postage there Jackie???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 05:37 AM   #4882  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LJ aren't you gone yet? It's 9:30...duh, EST, I forgot! You are an hour behind!

Jackie, Joy and others help me out here...
What blogs do I need to visit for these challenges and prizes ya'all keep winning.
What company sites and which days for the same thing? The only one I know is Rubbernecker on Tuesday's to get the Treasure Hunt stamp.
Also here is a stupid question, can I make a card for the challenge if I don't have any of that particular company's stamps? I have a feeling the answer is no...I mean why would I enter a GinaK, for example, using Stampendous images, wouldn't that be rude? or politically incorrect?
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 05:40 AM   #4883  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfaddenView Post
LJ aren't you gone yet? It's 9:30...duh, EST, I forgot! You are an hour behind!

What blogs do I need to visit for these challenges and prizes ya'all keep winning.
What company sites and which days for the same thing? The only one I know is Rubbernecker on Tuesday's to get the Treasure Hunt stamp.
Also here is a stupid question, can I make a card for the challenge if I don't have any of that particular company's stamps? I have a feeling the answer is no...I mean why would I enter a GinaK, for example, using Stampendous images, wouldn't that be rude? or politically incorrect?
I Know for GinaK challenges you CAN use other vendors - And I think that is basically the status quo for other companies as well

I'd like to know about the contest challenges too!

My cab comes in 50 minutes....so I will probably head downstairs in 40 minutes incase they are early
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 05:58 AM   #4884  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

For the most part to win things through blogs you leave comments on the sneak peaks before as stamp release.
-Gina K. gives something away every day for I believe 3 days before her release.
-Nichole form PaperTrey sometimes gives things away before her release, with her 5 days of sneak peaks but she always has the win it all package that she gives away. I think around 10:30 the night before (14th) she posts a question and you have a little over an hour to answer it, then right before the stamps go live she picks one comment and gives them everything that is being release that month…typically over $100 worth of goodies!
Then comes the Member Companies Forum:
- which is where I have won a few things. Most of the companies offer something every week as a prize normally based on a card entry. More than half of these are random winners, a few are selected by the best card, it depends on the company.
-Unity offers at least one blog candy every Hip Hop or every Thursday, you start at Angela’s blog and continue until you find the candy, but be careful, you are sure to see something that you need to order. Then after the blog hop you jump on the main forum where all sorts of things are given away based on answers to questions or post numbers (Joy won this type several times)
-Verve Stamps, they have a ‘Meet the Divas’ challenge every week where one winner is selected.
-Hanna Stamps offers typically two challenges with every release parte where a winner is picked sometimes by their card, sometimes randomly from the release thread.
-Gina K offers contest questions where everyone answers the same questions and the people who get the correct answer are randomly selected for one winner (Gabby one at the last release!)
-My Favorite Things is currently running three weekly challenges where one winner is picked for each challenge and wins a $5 GC then at the end of the month one of those winners is randomly selected to win a $25 GC, they also have their Guest Designer Challenge with their release, you are given 2 days (maybe 3?) to create a card based on the issued challenge, one winner is selected to be a MFT Guest Designer for the next months release, two winners as selected to win a mini set and host a challenge at the next release party.
To be honest those are the ones I follow, but there is also Flourishes that offers a weekly winner and challenges, but I don’t know the details of those and I think Bella has something running right now, and if I remember what I read the other day the Bella Bash runs until this weekend sometime for the card entries….I think that is all I can think of….hope that helps!

Oh! I almost forgot the best one! Paper Pretties offers the Cutie Pie for their monthly releases where one person is selected based on the cards they submitted to win all of that months release.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 06:25 AM   #4885  
Stazon Splitcoast

wow Jackie, you did an EXCELLANT JOB with that, how long did that take to type out, DANG!

lol, I seem to be the chief enabler in this lil group, I'm glad you like the books Jackie, I just finished the 2nd one. I have to go out and buy the 3rd and 4th one, they are soooooo addicting!

I stayed home today, my head is KILLING ME, started before I went to bed, and now ,ugh. I'm gonna watch Private Practice season 1 today, I got it this week and haven't even opened it, so today is a good day to watch it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 06:58 AM   #4886  
Gallery Gazer

Jackie as I've said before you are
DA BOMB
I copied the answer and pasted into word, so I can study it and put the stuff on my calendar and get this all sorted out. All these blogs and forums and sites can confuse until I noodle through it!

Thank you so much!
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 07:36 AM   #4887  
Forum Fanatic

LOL….thank you ladies, and that was all from the top of my head while at work…imagine if I actually decided to start looking things up! While I was thinking about it….there are more challenges that I don’t participate in but that I know about….LOL

A few other things are hosted every week:
-Every week there are excellent sketches from Julee (Verve) called Mojo Monday which I LOVE but always seem to forget about, you have to check out her blog she makes wonderful sketches. She also creates something called a Verve Project Parade where each month or so (I think its each month) the wonderful Design Team creates projects based on something, this time its using the color Kraft, they have been great, which is to be expected.
-Danielle at Paper Pretties hosts challenges every week in the Paper Pretties forum, we are on week #20 and I believe this time it’s a sketch, another one I try to create for, she does a great job hosting.
-There are also Taylor’s Cupcake challenge (that’s the new cupcakes that people have been ordering) her blog is Taylored Expressions I believe and each week she posts a Friday Cupcake challenge, I don’t think there is a prize, but the criteria is to use cupcakes, so how can you go wrong!
-Then there is always Beate who creates sketches, love those too! Her cards are always elegant, and the pictures she takes makes her blog even more wonderful than it already is.
-Then there is something called Friday Sketches where ladies from different countries create cards based on the same sketch, they are a lot of fun to look at since they use stamps from other places. Several of the Magnolia DT members are on the team, and I believe a Whiff of Joy DT member is also included there, they are how I heard of Whiff of Joy.

Those are some more of the challenges I can think of besides what I posted earlier, I read way too many blogs all through blogger for the most part besides some of the big companies who I check the page or my newsletter subscriptions. Most of those blogs link to either challenges going on or challenges of the past. I love a good challenge, not all challenges offer chances to win things, but it is a lot of fun to test myself with some of these challenges from time to time. I like to try and use all my stamps and entering a challenge has a better chance of capturing my creativity sometimes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 08:08 AM   #4888  
Gallery Gazer

Jackie....a wealth of info....for the challenges, is it okay though, to use an image from a company not issuing the challenge? Can I use a Cat's PJs on a Paper Pretties challenge, or is that politically incorrect?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 08:42 AM   #4889  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by babitoonsView Post
Do you know what comes out soon?! The third book in the Eragon series comes out soon! I cant wait to read the third one, hopefully it lives up the first two.we shall see
Oh, me too! I have had it on reserve at the library since before the title was released!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 08:48 AM   #4890  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfaddenView Post
Jackie....a wealth of info....for the challenges, is it okay though, to use an image from a company not issuing the challenge? Can I use a Cat's PJs on a Paper Pretties challenge, or is that politically incorrect?
It depends, I know that for the most part it is acceptable to use another companies stamps if you don't own any of theirs, but they do prefer if you use their stamps if you own any.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 09:17 AM   #4891  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is todays song...fo LJ
Vacation
Go Gos
(Kathy Valentine/Charlotte Caffey/Jane Wiedlin)

Can't seem to get my mind off of you
Back here at home there's nothin' to do
Now that I'm away
I wish I'd stayed
Tomorrow's a day of mine that you won't be in

When you looked at me I should've run
But I thought it was just for fun
I see I was wrong
And I'm not so strong
I should've known all along that time would tell

A week without you
Thought I'd forget
Two weeks without you and I
Still haven't gotten over you yet

CHORUS
Vacation
All I ever wanted
Vacation
Had to get away
Vacation
Meant to be spent alone

A week without you
Thought I'd forget
Two weeks without you and I
Still haven't gotten over you yet

CHORUS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 09:26 AM   #4892  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by manda_dexView Post
Cheryl,
Do you ever watck Kitchen Nightmares??? It was about a little place in your town lastnight..... called Geseppies (sp?) It looked like a quaint little place and it was more of a heart felt episode compared to what he normally does.... okay had to ask!!!! If you have been or ever do go pls. let me know... I am sure since it was just on tv it will be packed for a bit!!!
No way..I was flipping last nite and saw that..I did not now it was hee..I have heard of it, did not know where it was/.....I will scope it out..cool show..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 10:24 AM   #4893  
Insane Embellisher

Has anyone ever heard of this company??

http://www.sugarnellie.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 11:40 AM   #4894  
sgc
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamperelaView Post
Has anyone ever heard of this company??

http://www.sugarnellie.com/
Ela--that's a stamp company that I am trying hard to avoid--because I love those stamps--and I hate starting to buy something else!!!!! I have not seen the stamps, but I have seen really cute cards made with them.

Sandye
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 12:41 PM   #4895  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawaView Post
Sounds like fun, Cori! Wish I was close enough to have attended!!
Aww I wish all my Hos could have attended!!! Can't wait to put pics up on my blog...

Find me on IG! crafting_ra_away
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 12:46 PM   #4896  
Die Cut Diva

Whew! Finally caught up & marking my spot!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 12:46 PM   #4897  
Stazon Splitcoast

LJs plane has landed! WOOHOO!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 12:48 PM   #4898  
Die Cut Diva

Saw DJ's list of those bios received... Anyone heard from Lynette?? She hasn't been around for a LONGGGG time!

Ok... so I had a blast yesterday! I took the day off & stamped all day @ the store I teach at... so much fun!!! I'll have to post a picture this weekend (when I finally clean up my desk) of the cards I made.

Thank you to those who offered to either lend me their embossing folders or to emboss some for me... I've had it for 2 days now & I STILL haven't opened the box! eeekkk!!! I will tomorrow though!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 12:52 PM   #4899  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Hey girls,

I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to trade me some Magnolia or Whiff of Joy images for something that I have?

Please let me know.

Thanks!!
I have a few Magnolias on the way plus I have some Spiral Whispers which are similar style post 4102 on this thread has the pictures. I'm going to ink them up this weekend..Scrappy, sgc wanted some...and I owe Marci snowglobes...

any other requests???

Last edited by wildbasket; 09-19-2008 at 12:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 01:32 PM   #4900  
Stazon Splitcoast

LJ says to say Hi! I'm going to pick her up! YaY!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 01:45 PM   #4901  
Die Cut Diva

I need some help...

Do you think a pack of cardstock (groovy guava) & the swiss cb folder is worth 13 including shipping?? $5 for the folder & $5.50 for the paper...???
I really want both!!!! Should I try to hussle some more??

Last edited by Mrs_S; 09-19-2008 at 02:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 01:57 PM   #4902  
Stazon Splitcoast

http://www.rubbersoul.com/stamp_deta...andCode=0216-H

http://www.rubbersoul.com/stamp_deta...andCode=1671-G

sandye and I used this lil chickie stamp at our shoebox swap and I had to look it up, aren't these adorable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 02:01 PM   #4903  
Gallery Gazer

can someone please send me the littleblackbook of hos'
i need jackie (babitoons) # urgently.(not a bad urgent though)

"The reason for time is so that things don't happen all at once." - Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 02:04 PM   #4904  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by delfinausView Post
can someone please send me the littleblackbook of hos'
i need jackie (babitoons) # urgently.(not a bad urgent though)
PM me your email addy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 02:08 PM   #4905  
Stazon Splitcoast

where is a good place to buy dvd tins?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 02:19 PM   #4906  
Gallery Gazer

ok got in touch with jackie....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 02:19 PM   #4907  
Gallery Gazer

btw those who ordered the bellas through me. I got them today and I will send them out on Monday or Tuesday. I have a really busy weekend ahead, early next week will do!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 02:26 PM   #4908  
Glitter Guru

Cori-

I took your advice and ordered the Cuttlebug yesterday!!! I can't wait to get it!!! I also order 4 of the folders, snowflake, D'vine swirl, bloom dots and happy birthday!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 02:26 PM   #4909  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreakView Post
ooo let me know what you find out on those... those are good xmas gifts!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 02:27 PM   #4910  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by kafranciView Post
Cori-

I took your advice and ordered the Cuttlebug yesterday!!! I can't wait to get it!!! I also order 4 of the folders, snowflake, D'vine swirl, bloom dots and happy birthday!!!
hehe! Woo hoo!!!! Yay!!!!

I went & bought the Happy Birthday one too... I'm gonna go get the Thank You sometimes tonight or tomorrow...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #4911  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

its gonna be quiet around here with yvonne, jackie , michele and lj all at dinner.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 04:12 PM   #4912  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

have you tried www.rima.com?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 04:15 PM   #4913  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs_SView Post
I need some help...

Do you think a pack of cardstock (groovy guava) & the swiss cb folder is worth 13 including shipping?? $5 for the folder & $5.50 for the paper...???
I really want both!!!! Should I try to hussle some more??
That's normal prices on CB folder and in colors are $5.50 a pack.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 04:38 PM   #4914  
Stazon Splitcoast

For the 80's weekend...

Kash..this is for you..

"Girls Just Want To Have Fun" ringtone

(Robert Hazard)

I come home in the morning light
My mother says when you gonna live your life right
Oh mother dear we're not the fortunate ones
And girls they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have fun

The phone rings in the middle of the night
My father yells what you gonna do with your life
Oh daddy dear you know you're still number one
But girls they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have

That's all they really want
Some fun
When the working day is done
Girls - they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have fun

Some boys take a beautiful girl
And hide her away from the rest of the world
I want to be the one to walk in the sun
Oh girls they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have

That's all they really want
Some fun
When the working day is done
Girls - they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have fun,
They want to have fun,
They want to have fun...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 08:38 PM   #4915  
Stazon Splitcoast

DH and I went to see My Best Friends Girl and it was FRIGGIN HILARIOUS, we were laughing our azzes off, OMG, it's got some raunchy-but funny- stuff sometimes in it, but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 08:49 PM   #4916  
Watercolor Wizard

Hi Hos!

Just stoppin in to say hi!
TSG Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 08:57 PM   #4917  
Stazon Splitcoast

We r back again... Annabella and I are hanging out here. She just took a big tumble on her little head, so we will up now for at least another hour...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 08:58 PM   #4918  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hiya Joy & Jess!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 09:06 PM   #4919  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Quote:

HOW in the Bajeebers do you win EVERYTHING there is to win????

That is a CUTE set.... Enjoy it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 09:08 PM   #4920  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Quote:

Hey girls,

I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to trade me some Magnolia or Whiff of Joy images for something that I have?

Please let me know.

Thanks!!
Hey Ela I just ordered a Whiff of Joy stamp the other night, I think it's a baking one??? Cant remember... The cocoa was sold out but I will trade you for some SEXY Rubbernecker ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes