Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-16-2017, 04:55 PM   #41
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
People that come to my mind not yet mentioned...

Cookie (Stampgroover)
Bev (guneauxdesigns)
fl_beachbum
Robin (RJP111)Nancy K

I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like.
Thank you for remembering me, Sabrina!

My family & I are fine. My house in Orlando (now rented out) suffered some damage. Thank goodness for insurance!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
TexasGrammy, peeps321, Benzi and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:37 PM   #42
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you for thinking of us Floridians. I'm on the west coast and we survived minimal damage. It was frightening. I've lived in fl for 30 yrs and this is the first time I was sacred. spent sun night in our church shelter, came home to lots of trees/branches, downed power lines and damaged car ports, none of which I considered serious. We were blessed!
TexasGrammy, RJP111, peeps321 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:58 AM   #43
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Just wanted to say that my family and I are safe and we came home to minimal damage from Hurricane Irma. Although we don't live in Florida, we were issued a mandatory evacuation in SE Georgia. Our little town of Historic St Marys was hit hard. We lost the Cumberland Queen which takes people to Cumberland Island and all the docks. There are several subdivisions that looked like lakes with 4-5 ft of water in homes. It was very scary as we got a Nor'easter the day before the hurricane that dumped 12" of rain. Our subdivision in places looked like a lake and one or two house received water damage just from that storm. But everyone is safe and clean up is on going.

I want to give a big shout to GUIN ALABAMA! To all the beautiful, wonderful, caring, and generous people I met. Everyone was so unbelievable. We had dinner every night prepared by a different church, lunches delivered to the hotel, water and snacks delivered. Hamburgers and hotdogs at the fire station. Gas cards given out to get home. Diapers and formula delivered to the hotel for the baby. They opened the fun spot for evacuees with children to go play games one afternoon. Someone provided Karaoke one night at the hotel for entertainment. We stayed at the Holiday Inn and they took very good care of all the evacuees. We were so very blessed.

What touches my heart the most is that last Sunday our church was having an event called: The Church Gathered is the Church Scattered.....The Church has left the building!!! What that was, is an event where we were to have a small service then go out into the community to help veterans, shut-ins, and disabled with repairs, yard work, or just anything to help. Some of us, including my youngest son was to prepare meals for the homeless. We had to cancel-but we received what was supposed to be our blessing instead. It really opens your heart. You will never see this in the news, but there are good people everywhere and sometimes things happen that lead you to places where you can see for yourself there are more people like you and me that never lost the meaning of caring for one another. Thank you so much Guin Alabama, my family and I are humbled by the experience!
TexasGrammy, peeps321, Benzi and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:18 AM   #44
Proud Fan Club Member

So glad to hear you are ok Gingerberry! And great to hear from others too. You all are still in my prayers.
Gingerbeary8 likes this post.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #45

Carol, how wonderful to hear from you. I am thrilled to know you and your family are o.k. Good for the people of Guin, AL I know just where that place is in the state. I have to say there are fine people in AL You would know I would say that, right? Our son in Georgia had five trees down in his yard. Thankfully, not home at the time.
Thank you for checking in and letting us know your status.
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda

Last edited by Benzi; 09-17-2017 at 12:13 PM..
Gingerbeary8 likes this post.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:12 PM   #46

Quote:

Originally Posted by elayneView Post
Thank you for thinking of us Floridians. I'm on the west coast and we survived minimal damage. It was frightening. I've lived in fl for 30 yrs and this is the first time I was sacred. spent sun night in our church shelter, came home to lots of trees/branches, downed power lines and damaged car ports, none of which I considered serious. We were blessed!
So thrilled you are o.k. I can imagine how you feel blessed even though you had a lot of damage. You and your family's life is much more important than damage. I'm sure you've been working hard to get things back to normal. Take care.
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Old 09-18-2017, 10:54 AM   #47
Glitter Guru

I must have posted on the other Florida thread, but am so glad those of you from Florida are okay!

Robin, somehow I skipped right oer your post and happened to have sent you a PM hoping you'd check in and let us know you were okay - and then read what you wrote. I'm sorry about the workshop but it sounds like your house should be okay (knock on wood aka my head) - wonderful news.

If any Floridian SCS posters are still up this way (northern VA/DC/MD), waiting to go back home and need anything, feel free to PM me. (We saw lots of Florida license plates just before/during the storm and people reported I-95 in NoVa had lots of Florida cars.)

Beth