Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-25-2005, 08:57 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your 30% off order

What do you suggest getting on your 30% off order? cardstock? inkpads? stamp sets? tools, embellishments? I would think it's wise to order expensive things so as to save more.

I just sent off my paperwork to become a Demo today and am already thinking about my 30% off order. Just not sure how much money I'll have on hand to make that order! I am also thinking maybe a holiday set so I can demo it around Oct or Nov for people to make holiday cards with if I do a workshop/class.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 09:01 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

I got alot of cardstock with mine. I already had a lot of ink. I also got some punches and embellishements. I think my order was around $300.

SAHM to Dominik 1/1/00 & Alyssa 3/8/01
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/smartinez182

Go Beavers!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 09:08 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Since you are a new demo, have an Open House to announce your new endeavor. That way you can turn in a huge order and make 30% instant income instead of just 20%. Throw your personal stuff on there too to save 30%. But it's better to earn 30% than to just save 30%...jmo.

Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 11:46 AM   #4  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Once you have your demo number, get your access to the demo boards here at SCS. There are several threads there with hints about what to get.

Cardstock, inks, accessories (crystal effects, glitter, adhesives). Basically as much as you can afford.
The Open House idea is great - give you even more money to spend! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 12:01 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnywl
... I am also thinking maybe a holiday set so I can demo it around Oct or Nov for people to make holiday cards with if I do a workshop/class.
I think that if you are going to demo, then you should make your first order , everything you will need to make at least 3-5 different Christmas cards. What I've seen at workshops is that almost every person has different tastes when it comes to Xmas cards, some like highly religious(angels, Madonna), some like classy(trees), some like child-friendly (snowmen, santas, etc) & other like snowflakes, making sure not to have all the wording say Christmas, but some saying Holiday season. So if you get enough to make a good sampling of these types, you should get some nice sells.

Since I'm going to be a hobby demo, I am only concentrating on the Xmas cards that I plan to make for me personally & for my hubby's work cards (which have to be holiday cards & not xmas cards). So I'm stocking up on card stock, vellum, adhesive & maybe the markers - cause I can't really afford to get all the ink pads & not really sure I want to...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 12:32 PM   #6  
Glitter Guru

I got my Markers cause they didn't seem so expensive that way. Also my Craft Ink pads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 12:47 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I sent in my paperwork today also. I will be a hobby demo.

Here's my plan. If I understand these rules correctly, we have until Dec 31 to place a $300 order. However, if we place it within 45 days of some date (haven't figured out the exact date) we get 30% off, which means that the actual out of pocket cost for that first order could be $210 and meet the demo requirement until December 31. If this is incorrect, someone give a shout out!!

For that first order I'm getting the watercolor crayons, some jumbo wheels and regular wheels, possibly a hodgepodge kit, and taking a look at the holiday mini. Those are my priorities. After that, I want to stock up on some basics -- adhesive, ribbons, a punch or two, some eyelets and fill in some gaps on cardstock. I think I will spend the full $210 easily !! and then sit back and wait for SAB in January.

I am determined to stick to my budget.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 01:06 PM   #8  
Crimping Master

You mentioned your out of pocket expense, if I recall right you would also have to add $30 for shipping (10% of $300), plus the sales tax on the $300 at whatever your local rate is.

If I'm wrong someone please correct me.
HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 01:45 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

For my first order which was 30% off, I passed on a one-time offer to my closest stamper/scrapbooking friends. They all jumped at the chance to get 20% off and I ended up with a $700 order. Of course, about $250 of it was for me, but was a big boost to start my sales off. I also took advantage of purchasing all of the card stock from two families--bold brights and earth elements--and split it with two other friends. I still had eight sheets of each color.

Good luck to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 02:04 PM   #10  
Glitter Guru

I opened it up as my open house and then added on a bunch of stuff that ended up being free becuase of the instant income and then decided...heck I might as well order some more right!! SO I got all the pads and heat tool and powder pals......gosh and all the paper.....I think you get the most bang if you do it with an open house promotion...like give them free shipping and you still make an instant 20%......rambeling I know

Mindy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 02:32 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

I'm getting the rest of the ink pads, a few alphabet stamp sets, some other stamp sets, and I am thinking about the ink pad storage thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 02:38 PM   #12  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B
I sent in my paperwork today also. I will be a hobby demo.

Here's my plan. If I understand these rules correctly, we have until Dec 31 to place a $300 order. However, if we place it within 45 days of some date (haven't figured out the exact date) we get 30% off, which means that the actual out of pocket cost for that first order could be $210 and meet the demo requirement until December 31. If this is incorrect, someone give a shout out!!

I am determined to stick to my budget.
Joan,

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
This thread seems to indicate that NO if you place your order to get the 30% off & it's before Oct, you will still need to make a $300 order by Dec 31. So, you might want to contact your upline immediately & verify this & maybe postpone sending in your paperwork til the end of August...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 02:59 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My upline is very experienced as our many of the SCSers. When they return from the convention, I assume someone will clarify. I'm not going to worry about it. it is part of my new "don't worry" attitude!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 04:24 PM   #14  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Joan -

The rules changed at the beginning of January to make it easier for demos. So, your understanding is now correct. Once you get your demo number, you can check out the details in the Demo Manual, Ch 6, Career Planning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2005, 05:04 AM   #15  
Crimping Master

I sent off the paperwork yesterday!
For my 30% off order, I have not decided for sure yet, but I think I will be getting the Everyday Flexible Phrases since it is an expensive set and I'd save a lot on that with 30% off. Also a set or two from the Holiday mini. I am basically going to be a Hobby Demo. I don't really have local friends to be able to host a workshop/class/Open House but I can do one out of state that I visit once in a while. I have more friends in another state than I do here. Maybe some more inkpads as I have NONE of the SU! ones yet. I have plenty of other inks and other cardstocks. Will also have to see how much money I can shell out when I'm ready for the first order.
Reply With Quote Likes