Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-19-2008, 11:36 AM   #81
Crimping Master

WOW, I thought I was the only one!

Cuttlebug: When I first got it, I was showing my mother how wonderful it was and broke my "C" plate right in half! She is not scared to use one. I too kept cracking my nuckles with the handle. I a sooooo glad to have the big shot now!

Heat gun: The first time I used mine, I put the paper to emboss right on a wooden chest of drawers...burns really fast. One time I tried using it in front of an air conditioner...ummm...it does not work.

Glitter: Yup...I did the celling fan too. I dump it lots of times I use it too, one would think I would have learned by now.

Ink: When using staz-on, I keep the lid up-side-down so I can just place the pad onto the lid until I need it again for the project. Well, right after getting my brand new white crafters desk I was stamping with the staz-on and SU pads. What did I keep doing...I kept placing my SU pad up-side-down! My white desk was a mess.

Cutters...I have chopped pieces of my fingers off and my nails, too. The paper snips are really sharp and I have way to often snipped my fingers...ouch.

I have yet to make a project without an opps! The most challenging part of the craft, for me, is figuring out how to hide them, LOL Layering is one way, but does not always work!
Sandy o
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-19-2008, 09:56 PM   #82
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylovestostampView Post
My "duh" moment was yesterday. I was sitting here reading some posts on SCS and I got to one that I thought "man that sounds like something I would say" I look to see who the poster was, and lo and behold... it WAS me! LOL
ROTFLMBO!
Old 10-20-2008, 01:32 AM   #83
Matboard Maniac

Group Idiots: Last week at our stamp meet we were stamping all over a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 paper to create texture. We had a stamp pad between us to share and keep stamping each others hands!!

I have a "thing" about getting stamped inside card sentiments upside down. If the card is for friends or family, I just leave it and tell them they need to be supportive!! If it is for someone else, I have to add a layer to restamp it.

Also my dog, Missy, likes to lay by my feet under the table while I stamp. I don't know why though because she is constantly being bombarded by 'dropped' stuff!

Old 10-20-2008, 06:47 AM   #84
Glitter Guru

When I first started stamping I was very reluctant to purchases a cutter and would rely on my scissors to make those layers. So one day my demonstrator invited me to come play using her things, and the first thing I wanted to try was her Friskers. So here I am, cutting papers and totally unimpressed with the rough ugly edges - when my demo looked over she busted out laughing, because I was "cutting" with her scoring blade! I must say that I was very impressed when I realized that I could make a cool folding line if I didn't put my entire weight on the poor thing trying to make it into a paper cutter.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:34 AM   #85
Vee
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILdyson76View Post

As for silly things that happen, my mom was trying to put together a new SU set at my house one day. She popped out the cut image and then cut the sticker for the wood block. She started putting the sticker on the back of the rubber paper. I stopped her before she did it, then she stuck it to the clamshell box. I started laughing and told her it went on the block (she actually has put lots of these together the right way before). She shook her head and got a little frustrated at first as I'm still laughing and peeling her sticker off the box. After sticking it on the block, I tell her "like this, remember?" She started laughing with me, then finished the other ones with no problems.
Keep an eye on her. Sorry to say she may need to see a Dr. if this sort of thing comes up again.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:39 PM   #86
Stazon Splitcoast

OMG...thank you so much for the laughs...

My stamping room is also the room with my computer. Try getting EP in your keyboard...not realizing it....heating up your image over the same keyboard...I think that's probably why some of the buttons stick sometimes!
Laurie's Cards & Ramblings
Old 11-16-2008, 04:00 PM   #87
Compulsive Stamper

I made the most intricate card with multiple colours of embossing powder but when I set my heat gun over it didn't look like the powders were melting. I thought it was just the poor lighting and so continued heating until I figured everything would be set. It looked beautiful ... until I turned the paper upside down to add glue and I ended up with a lap full. Turned out I used microfine glitter instead of embossing powder! All that work gone in an instant!!
Old 11-16-2008, 05:08 PM   #88
Die Cut Diva

Haha! I have so enjoyed this thread. It's hard to get DBF to understand why I am sitting here laughing and snorthing at the screen. My "duh" moments usually involve stamping something upside down or sticking my hand or elbow on an open ink pad. Lovely....

Fan Club Member