In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2008, 04:28 PM   #41
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Joan B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 15,807
Default

No, in this context, I would not mention it to the blogger. A blog is not a product for sale, just a personal diary of sorts, even if it is for commercial purposes. We all makes mistake.
__________________
Dear Paperlicious is my blog...with a series on how I'm learning to improve my cardmaking by studying others.
Joan B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:28 PM   #42
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Erin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Costco
Posts: 22,181
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papertrey InkView Post
It was me! A few individuals just pointed the error out to me and sent me a link to this thread as well. Grammar is not one of my strong points, but it is something I continue to work on (especially now that all of my errors are very much publicized!).

Why is it in this day and age that there isn't some kind of software on the market that can help me with my grammar disability?!?!? *wink*

My goodness, they have voice activated GPS units for cars and vacuums that clean an entire room by themselves. Bill Gates, do you hear my plea?!??

Thanks for the heads up, ladies! Our website has been corrected!

xx
Nichole

that makes me think of the commercial

Door Open!
splat!

hahahaha

I gotta go watch TV till that comes on, then because I have DVR (not bragging, just sayin) I'll back it up and watch it over and over, there is almost nothing I love more than seeing that girl splat into the door.

Not that YOU are like the girl, your talk of technology reminded me.
__________________
My Blog My Gallery All dog's feet smell like Fritos. I know you don't believe me, go check... See, I told you so.
Erin K is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #43
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Erin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Costco
Posts: 22,181
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
No, in this context, I would not mention it to the blogger. A blog is not a product for sale, just a personal diary of sorts, even if it is for commercial purposes. We all makes mistake.
I don't think it was on a blog I think it was in the product description of an item for sale in the store.

I'm not sure though I was too busy whining about myself to see.
__________________
My Blog My Gallery All dog's feet smell like Fritos. I know you don't believe me, go check... See, I told you so.
Erin K is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:38 PM   #44
Hardware Hotshot
 
2katjes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 4,299
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyheartintxView Post
I saw something sort of similar to this. LAD released a set of stamps that are outerspace inspired. One of the stamps says "I spaced it! Happy Belated Birthday." I keep thinking that should say "I spaced out!" Is it just me? Does "I spaced it!" make sense to you? It just bugs me.
It should be 'I spaced it out.' Which is slang for 'I absentmindedly forget to do something (like remember your birthday).'
__________________
Alice
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]>^..^
2katjes is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:07 PM   #45
Kookie Creator
 
ShortWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 471
Default

Since we are on the subject, is it just me or do other people get nuts over the improper usage of apostrophes? As in DVD's, VCR's, TV's, and other acronyms - there is NO apostrophe needed when you are stating that you have DVDs, TVs or VCRs for sale...arrrrgggggg (that's in the Funk & Wagnall, I checked)!!! Plural, not possessive! I am a bit of a spelling Nazi, too, I'm afraid. It just drives me crazy to see things - simple things like stationery and stationary - misspelled, or used in the wrong context.
__________________
~Jackie

Just Stamp It!Addicted to Pens and Paper
ShortWizard is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:17 PM   #46
Stampin' Fool
 
AlternateReality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 1,262
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papertrey InkView Post
It was me!
Um... that should read, "It was I!"

I just can't help myself, it's a sickness. Honest. *Slinks away in embarrassment...*
AlternateReality is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:23 PM   #47
Forum Fanatic
 
Skittl1321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Coralville, Iowa
Posts: 9,165
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina K. DesignsView Post
Was it me? I didn't think I used that word, but I am the WORST at grammar. I married and 4.0 English Major with a law degree. Ugh! Her has to proof read everything but he doesn't always have time so some things slip through!
Uh oh Gina- I think your DH needs to come proof your posts too!


(I would never point out spelling mistakes in threads, except (not accept!) that is what we are discussing. And I only do it to you because I know you'll take it as good natured, and because you're one of my stamping heroes!)

<-- cannot spell, has no understanding of grammar, needs someone to follow me around to tell me how to pronouce words

Quote:

Um... that should read, "It was I!"
Can you explain why? I think it this case "It was me!" is correct.
I never know the rules for when to use me and when to use I, but I do know DH is always complaining about The Amazing Race when they say things like "They should have given the taxi to Dad and I" but it should be "They should have given the taxi to Dad and me". So sometimes you don't use I.
Skittl1321 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:24 PM   #48
Kookie Creator
 
Lizzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Snoqualmie, Washington
Posts: 430
Default

Oh no....(racing frantically to check our set...ha ha!) We were concerned we had a grammatical error! I think in the case of our Out of This World (Space) set, we had asked people about the slang term they most often used for "spaced" and the kinds of responses were "I totally spaced it" or "I spaced it" or "I spaced out..." We went with "I spaced it!" I think because that's the term Meridith and I use the most (something we say often to each other, ha ha!) In this case it's more of a slang term...we just thought it looked cute with the little astronaut.
__________________
Tricia Elizabeth Ulberg

www.lettersfromlizzie.blogspot.com
www.lizzieannedesigns.com
Lizzie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:28 PM   #49
Forum Fanatic
 
Skittl1321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Coralville, Iowa
Posts: 9,165
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizzieView Post
Oh no....(racing frantically to check our set...ha ha!) We were concerned we had a grammatical error! I think in the case of our Out of This World (Space) set, we had asked people about the slang term they most often used for "spaced" and the kinds of responses were "I totally spaced it" or "I spaced it" or "I spaced out..." We went with "I spaced it!" I think because that's the term Meridith and I use the most (something we say often to each other, ha ha!) In this case it's more of a slang term...we just thought it looked cute with the little astronaut.
This sounds like the case of the TAC "With Sympathy" set. They have a saying that (I think) says "You'll be on my heart and in my prayers" and half of the demos pointed out the typo of "on my heart" which should be "in my heart" But it turned out to be a regional thing, and lots of people actually say "on my heart".

I've never heard "I spaced it"- just "I spaced out" and I also had never heard "on my heart".
Skittl1321 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:31 PM   #50
Stampin' Fool
 
AlternateReality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 1,262
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321View Post
Can you explain why? I think it this case "It was me!" is correct. I never know the rules for when to use me and when to use I, but I do know DH is always complaining about The Amazing Race when they say things like "They should have given the taxi to Dad and I" but it should be "They should have given the taxi to Dad and me". So sometimes you don't use I.
You could say, "They should have given the taxi to me." You shouldn't say, "They should have given the taxi to I." Hence, when you combine yourself with another person, you use the corresponding term: "They should have given the taxi to Dad and me."

You could say, "I was it!" You shouldn't say, "Me was it!" Therefore, when you turn it around, you say, "It was I!"

AlternateReality is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:31 PM   #51
clean and krafty
 
willosmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: washington!
Posts: 25,913
Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlternateRealityView Post
Um... that should read, "It was I!"

I just can't help myself, it's a sickness. Honest. *Slinks away in embarrassment...*
tee hee heee...giggling!! I think it's a mild sickness I am also self diagnosed with.
__________________
AJ
gallery
The Willow Garden

Spellbinders DT Coordinator


willosmama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:33 PM   #52
Guest
 
coco1019's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,710
Default

Nichole, you are too cute! See, there was a reason I didn't state the specific company. I know things have been highly talked about so I was trying to avoid that. Sorry!
coco1019 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:34 PM   #53
Forum Fanatic
 
Skittl1321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Coralville, Iowa
Posts: 9,165
Default

Fantastic explanation- thanks.

/quickly forgets so as to not have to know anything about grammar
Skittl1321 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:34 PM   #54
Stazon Splitcoast
 
lindylou1220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Central NY
Posts: 19,703
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321View Post
...

Can you explain why? I think it this case "It was me!" is correct.
I never know the rules for when to use me and when to use I, but I do know DH is always complaining about The Amazing Race when they say things like "They should have given the taxi to Dad and I" but it should be "They should have given the taxi to Dad and me". So sometimes you don't use I.
Turn the sentence around -- You'd say "I was it" (not that you'd say that) vs. "Me was it." In the case of the taxi, leave out Dad..."They should've given the taxi to ME."

I forget the rules but that's how I figure out which to use when.
lindylou1220 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:36 PM   #55
Kookie Creator
 
Lizzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Snoqualmie, Washington
Posts: 430
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321View Post
This sounds like the case of the TAC "With Sympathy" set. They have a saying that (I think) says "You'll be on my heart and in my prayers" and half of the demos pointed out the typo of "on my heart" which should be "in my heart" But it turned out to be a regional thing, and lots of people actually say "on my heart".

I've never heard "I spaced it"- just "I spaced out" and I also had never heard "on my heart".
Yes, I think I actually say "I totally spaced it" more often but I'm trying to get out of the habit of saying "totally" before everything...something *very* common from where I come from... (I won't say where that is, he he.)
__________________
Tricia Elizabeth Ulberg

www.lettersfromlizzie.blogspot.com
www.lizzieannedesigns.com

Last edited by Lizzie; 01-15-2008 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: spelling! of course...
Lizzie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:36 PM   #56
Stampin' Fool
 
AlternateReality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 1,262
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321View Post
Fantastic explanation- thanks.

/quickly forgets so as to not have to know anything about grammar
Yes, I paid thousands of dollars for my B.A. English. I'm now highly qualified to answer grammar and spelling questions on a crafting blog and ask people, "Do you want fries with that?" My parents are so proud.
AlternateReality is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:37 PM   #57
Forum Fanatic
 
Christine P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Paradise
Posts: 9,874
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321View Post
Can you explain why? I think it this case "It was me!" is correct.
I never know the rules for when to use me and when to use I, but I do know DH is always complaining about The Amazing Race when they say things like "They should have given the taxi to Dad and I" but it should be "They should have given the taxi to Dad and me". So sometimes you don't use I.
Complete the sentence...

It was me who made the mistake.

It was I who made the mistake.

Now remove the "it was"

Me made the mistake.

I made the mistake. (correct)

__________________
"We don't see things as they are; we see them as we are." Anais Nin
Christine P is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:38 PM   #58
clean and krafty
 
willosmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: washington!
Posts: 25,913
Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizzieView Post
Yes, I think I actually say "I totally spaced it" more often but I'm trying to get out of the habit of saying "totally" before everying...something *very* common from where I come from... (I won't say where that is, he he.)
where is ya from?? *ducks from language police currently on patrol* I TOTALLY say it all the time!!!
__________________
AJ
gallery
The Willow Garden

Spellbinders DT Coordinator


willosmama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:44 PM   #59
Forum Fanatic
 
Christine P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Paradise
Posts: 9,874
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christine PView Post
Complete the sentence...

It was me who made the mistake.

It was I who made the mistake.

Now remove the "it was"

Me made the mistake.

I made the mistake. (correct)

Or a more simple way to tell is to reverse it...

I was it OR Me was it. (I is correct)

ETA: I'm avoiding my homework for my English class (Literary Theory). LOL
__________________
"We don't see things as they are; we see them as we are." Anais Nin
Christine P is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:45 PM   #60
Kookie Creator
 
Lizzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Snoqualmie, Washington
Posts: 430
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by willosmamaView Post
where is ya from?? *ducks from language police currently on patrol* I TOTALLY say it all the time!!!
I'm afraid if I say that Meridith will get mad at me cause she's from the same place. ha! It's not bad, I'm just kidding. In highschool we all kind of talked like "valley girls" if that makes sense.

Like, totally!
__________________
Tricia Elizabeth Ulberg

www.lettersfromlizzie.blogspot.com
www.lizzieannedesigns.com
Lizzie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:46 PM   #61
Forum Fanatic
 
Christine P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Paradise
Posts: 9,874
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by willosmamaView Post
where is ya from?? *ducks from language police currently on patrol* I TOTALLY say it all the time!!!
*throws rotten tomato low so as to hit AJ the "nails on the chalkboard" speaker*
__________________
"We don't see things as they are; we see them as we are." Anais Nin
Christine P is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:46 PM   #62
Gabfest Goddess
 
Gina K. Designs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,496
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
Gina if it was you would you want to know?

I don't think it was you.

I think it was me. I mean a stamp company refering to me. "These adorable stamps inspired by the infamous Erin Kellogg blah blah blah" Because stamp companies can't help but be inspried by me.
If it was me I would absolutely want to know. I would fix it. Imagine how many customers you would lose. If you fix it, then, they can enjoy it.

You inspire me all the time Erin!!
Hugs,
Gina K.
__________________
My Blog and StampTV

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Gina K. Designs is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #63
Die Cut Diva
 
KimberlyinMN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,088
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321View Post
I've never heard "I spaced it"- just "I spaced out" and I also had never heard "on my heart".
Or "I spaced it out"... (As in, "I spaced out your birthday.")

Kimberly
__________________
"There is a very fine line between hobby and mental illness." -- Dave Barry
KimberlyinMN is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:51 PM   #64
Gabfest Goddess
 
Gina K. Designs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,496
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyheartintxView Post
I saw something sort of similar to this. LAD released a set of stamps that are outerspace inspired. One of the stamps says "I spaced it! Happy Belated Birthday." I keep thinking that should say "I spaced out!" Is it just me? Does "I spaced it!" make sense to you? It just bugs me.
I say "I spaced it." It's slang, for sure. "It" meaning the thing I forgot.

I can only imagine how much Text Messages must bother some people who are really good at grammar. All those "spell like they sound" phrases! LOL!

Anyway, I like "I spaced out" too! I get ur point. Hee-hee! Had to do it.
__________________
My Blog and StampTV

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Gina K. Designs is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #65
Gabfest Goddess
 
Gina K. Designs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,496
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papertrey InkView Post
It was me! A few individuals just pointed the error out to me and sent me a link to this thread as well. Grammar is not one of my strong points, but it is something I continue to work on (especially now that all of my errors are very much publicized!).

Why is it in this day and age that there isn't some kind of software on the market that can help me with my grammar disability?!?!? *wink*

My goodness, they have voice activated GPS units for cars and vacuums that clean an entire room by themselves. Bill Gates, do you hear my plea?!??

Thanks for the heads up, ladies! Our website has been corrected!

xx
Nichole
You're grounded young lady! LOL
__________________
My Blog and StampTV

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Gina K. Designs is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #66
Rubber Obsessor
 
happyheartintx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 128
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizzieView Post
Yes, I think I actually say "I totally spaced it" more often but I'm trying to get out of the habit of saying "totally" before everything...something *very* common from where I come from... (I won't say where that is, he he.)

It never occured to me that this might be something said regional (kind of like "pop" and "soda"). I have never heard of "I spaced it" so it just sounded really strange to me, but I can see where you're coming from. I didn't mean any offense.

(BTW, I'm trying to stop saying "seriously" all the time. It's something that I picked up from watching Gray's Anatomy. It drives my husband crazy! Hmm...maybe I shouldn't stop saying it after all. )
happyheartintx is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #67
Kookie Creator
 
Lizzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Snoqualmie, Washington
Posts: 430
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina K. DesignsView Post
I say "I spaced it." It's slang, for sure. "It" meaning the thing I forgot.

I can only imagine how much Text Messages must bother some people who are really good at grammar. All those "spell like they sound" phrases! LOL!

Anyway, I like "I spaced out" too! I get ur point. Hee-hee! Had to do it.
he he. I like "I spaced out!" too...I'm pretty sure I've used that one too. In this case we went with "I spaced it" because "it" was the birthday.

I guess we could have done, "Like, omg I totally spaced it out.."

ha ha! Maybe we'll do a whole slang sentiments set. That would be fun!
__________________
Tricia Elizabeth Ulberg

www.lettersfromlizzie.blogspot.com
www.lizzieannedesigns.com
Lizzie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:58 PM   #68
Kookie Creator
 
Lizzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Snoqualmie, Washington
Posts: 430
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyheartintxView Post
It never occured to me that this might be something said regional (kind of like "pop" and "soda"). I have never heard of "I spaced it" so it just sounded really strange to me, but I can see where you're coming from. I didn't mean any offense.

(BTW, I'm trying to stop saying "seriously" all the time. It's something that I picked up from watching Gray's Anatomy. It drives my husband crazy! Hmm...maybe I shouldn't stop saying it after all. )
Oh no offense taken...I was paranoid that we did have a grammatical or spelling error because, um, we've come close...I'm sure we (as in stamp companies) all have! It's scary...I had to go check and make sure!

I say seriously all the time...and another big word that's used where I come from a lot is "basically." Basically, what I'm going to do is this, or basically I'm going to get lunch or your basically this or that. Basically we say basically, basically all the time.
__________________
Tricia Elizabeth Ulberg

www.lettersfromlizzie.blogspot.com
www.lizzieannedesigns.com
Lizzie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:00 PM   #69
Gabfest Goddess
 
Gina K. Designs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,496
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321View Post
Uh oh Gina- I think your DH needs to come proof your posts too!


(I would never point out spelling mistakes in threads, except (not accept!) that is what we are discussing. And I only do it to you because I know you'll take it as good natured, and because you're one of my stamping heroes!)

<-- cannot spell, has no understanding of grammar, needs someone to follow me around to tell me how to pronouce words


Can you explain why? I think it this case "It was me!" is correct.
I never know the rules for when to use me and when to use I, but I do know DH is always complaining about The Amazing Race when they say things like "They should have given the taxi to Dad and I" but it should be "They should have given the taxi to Dad and me". So sometimes you don't use I.

LOL! You are too funny...see? I do need a proof reader. And I get a lot of emails from people correcting my grammar, punctuation and all kinds of things on my blog and website. I'm a mess. I can't seem to get it right!!!

__________________
My Blog and StampTV

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Gina K. Designs is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:04 PM   #70
Rubber Obsessor
 
Linda*Loo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 185
Default

Just a tip... Microsoft Word (both Mac & Windows versions) include a grammar checker. It works very well most of the time. If you write up what you'd like say in MS Word first and see a green squiggly line under your text, you may want to do some editing.

To err is human.
Linda*Loo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #71
Rubber Obsessor
 
happyheartintx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 128
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizzieView Post
I say seriously all the time...and another big word that's used where I come from a lot is "basically." Basically, what I'm going to do is this, or basically I'm going to get lunch or your basically this or that. Basically we say basically, basically all the time.

Hey, I live in Texas! In Texas we are "fixin'" to do everything. "I'm fixin' to make lunch." "I'm fixin' to go shoppin'." And "y'all" can be found in the dictionary. It refers to either 1 person or an entire group! LOL! This is the land of bad grammar and pet peeves. Where proper English came to die!
happyheartintx is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:06 PM   #72
Gabfest Goddess
 
Gina K. Designs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,496
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlternateRealityView Post
Yes, I paid thousands of dollars for my B.A. English. I'm now highly qualified to answer grammar and spelling questions on a crafting blog and ask people, "Do you want fries with that?" My parents are so proud.

Too cute!
__________________
My Blog and StampTV

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Gina K. Designs is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:07 PM   #73
Kookie Creator
 
Lizzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Snoqualmie, Washington
Posts: 430
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyheartintxView Post
Hey, I live in Texas! In Texas we are "fixin'" to do everything. "I'm fixin' to make lunch." "I'm fixin' to go shoppin'." And "y'all" can be found in the dictionary. It refers to either 1 person or an entire group! LOL! This is the land of bad grammar and pet peeves. Where proper English came to die!
I think "fixin" and "y' all" are cute. I love hearing people say "y'all." I try to use that word but I don't get away with it because I'm not Southern. Darn! I'll have to stick with my valley girl slang.
__________________
Tricia Elizabeth Ulberg

www.lettersfromlizzie.blogspot.com
www.lizzieannedesigns.com
Lizzie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:09 PM   #74
Rubber Obsessor
 
happyheartintx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 128
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina K. DesignsView Post
LOL! You are too funny...see? I do need a proof reader. And I get a lot of emails from people correcting my grammar, punctuation and all kinds of things on my blog and website. I'm a mess. I can't seem to get it right!!!

Gina, you poor thing! I can't imagine what your inbox looks like considering how many people get your emails. I guess it shows how much they care.
happyheartintx is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:10 PM   #75
Gabfest Goddess
 
Gina K. Designs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,496
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizzieView Post
he he. I like "I spaced out!" too...I'm pretty sure I've used that one too. In this case we went with "I spaced it" because "it" was the birthday.

I guess we could have done, "Like, omg I totally spaced it out.."

ha ha! Maybe we'll do a whole slang sentiments set. That would be fun!
Hey! Now you're stepping into Gina K. country! LOL!
That's okay, UR my 1 of my BFFs, so U can, KWIM? LOL!
__________________
My Blog and StampTV

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Gina K. Designs is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:11 PM   #76
Kookie Creator
 
Lizzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Snoqualmie, Washington
Posts: 430
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina K. DesignsView Post
Hey! Now you're stepping into Gina K. country! LOL!
That's okay, UR my 1 of my BFFs, so U can, KWIM? LOL!
TOTALLY!
__________________
Tricia Elizabeth Ulberg

www.lettersfromlizzie.blogspot.com
www.lizzieannedesigns.com
Lizzie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #77
Gabfest Goddess
 
Gina K. Designs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,496
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyheartintxView Post
Gina, you poor thing! I can't imagine what your inbox looks like considering how many people get your emails. I guess it shows how much they care.
Yeah, It's okay. People are usually so polite about it and it's very helpful!
__________________
My Blog and StampTV

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Gina K. Designs is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #78
Gabfest Goddess
 
Gina K. Designs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,496
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizzieView Post
TOTALLY!
LOL! I meant UR 1 of my BFFs, but you got the point, didn't you? Yup- totally!
__________________
My Blog and StampTV

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Gina K. Designs is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:14 PM   #79
Rubber Obsessor
 
happyheartintx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 128
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizzieView Post
I think "fixin" and "y' all" are cute. I love hearing people say "y'all." I try to use that word but I don't get away with it because I'm not Southern. Darn! I'll have to stick with my valley girl slang.
Well, I wasn't born in Texas, but I've been down here long enough for "y'all" to become an important part of my vocabulary. What I'm scared of is that I'm going to CHA in California. I can only imagine what they are going to think of the way speak.
happyheartintx is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:16 PM   #80
ked
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
ked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 2,361
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizzieView Post
he he. I like "I spaced out!" too...I'm pretty sure I've used that one too. In this case we went with "I spaced it" because "it" was the birthday.

I guess we could have done, "Like, omg I totally spaced it out.."

ha ha! Maybe we'll do a whole slang sentiments set. That would be fun!
Ooh, now there's the best idea yet! (Hint, hint.)
__________________
Kirsten DuBosque
My Blog: Confessions of a Naptime Stamper
ked is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off