Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-20-2015, 07:45 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 65 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Woodland embossing folder backordered

I don't remember if that is the correct name, but it's the EF in the holiday catalog that is birch trees. I placed a huge order last week and checked with my demo (Hi Gail!). She said 9,000 were back ordered. Yep, 9 thousand. And many thousand of the black lace doilies were backordered until October 30. That's waaay too late for Halloween cards.

Is S.U.moving towards the model of keeping low inventory and not manufacturing until a great quantity is ordered???? And of course these items have to come from China so that adds to the wait time.

I'm disappointed in the wait time. I'm sure they didn't expect that many thousand to be ordered, but since they are seasonal items, you'd think someone in their Marketing or Strategic Planning department would think "hmmmm.....there will be a demand for these..."
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2015, 08:17 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

My demo put a club order in on Sept 2 and back then the black dollies were on back order. I was very upset since order went in on the first day of the new catty.

I received my dollies beginning of Oct.

Last time I waited a long time was for the Tim Holtz crazy birds stamp set. Ordered from my Local stamp store and waited over 6 weeks for them because of the dock workers strike out in CA.

I also waited over 6 weeks for a nestablities die a couple years ago. I won't do that ever again!

After stamping for over 10 years, I have come to the understanding IF a manufacturer can't keep items in stock, and has too long of delays in shipping said item, I must not NEED/WANT that item.

There are just too many other products to choose from to replace those that are not available. Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2015, 08:33 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stampin' Up! doesn't manufacture their dies and embossing folders...Sizzix does. Sometimes the back orders are a result of incorrect forecasting on SU's part, but other times an expected initial delivery of, say, 15,000 pieces might only contain 3,743. That puts them behind before they even start selling, and it only gets worse as time goes on.

Believe me, it's a frustrating situation for everybody. I can't help but think that's at least part of the reasoning for Stampin' Up! offering their 15% off stamp sale right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2015, 09:58 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are other companies that sell birch tree embossing folders, Darice is only one. I ordered one of the ones from SU and did receive it. I hope you will also get yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2015, 08:25 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I ordered my folder as part of the bundle, and my order does not say it is on backorder. Maybe it's only the individual folders. I looked at other birch tree folders before ordering, and I liked S.U.'s the best. I will live, but it's just frustrating because all these retailers expect us to roll over and act like it's o.k.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2015, 08:36 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Our family Christmas cards will be made out of last year's stamps for just this reason. Stampin Up needs to realize that folks don't start fall crafts in the fall; we start in July!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2015, 08:14 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I ordered mine with an order the beginning of this month. I had no idea there had been any back order issue, so I was bummed when I got the rest of my order, but my EF came only about 4 days afterward, so I was happy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2015, 11:39 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If anyone is looking for an alternative to the SU Woodland folder, I found these for another gal and posted links in this thread:

TRYING TO FIND AN EMBOSSING FOLDER by corkey at Splitcoaststampers

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2015, 07:39 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any word lately on when we should be getting the Woodland EF? Mine has been on backorder for a couple of weeks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2015, 09:49 AM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

I love SU all the way, but they need to hire a better marketing team. People who are better able to order better on the amounts. This past year has had so many backordered items and that hasn't happened before since I started ordering in 2009. They also lose money when they are shipping out things separately. My demo has that folder so I can use hers if I want but sometimes I just don't want to wait until I see her once a month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2015, 01:05 PM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisystampinatorView Post
Any word lately on when we should be getting the Woodland EF? Mine has been on backorder for a couple of weeks.
I've seen two different dates, which I believe are the dates Stampin' Up expects to receive them (or maybe ship them). The first batch is expected on Nov. 15 and will cover most of the embossing folder's backorders. The second date is Dec. 1. And yes, there appears to be a lot of backordered items.

Here is the link where I saw the report:
Create With Lorene Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2015, 03:31 PM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

I would not want to be the person or group who has to guess how popular something will be. What one person may think will be super popular another may not like at all. There is probably some statistical formula to go by. I think this mini has been way more popular than past ones. Sometimes this happens when people see what others are doing with an item. I initially didn't want this EF until I saw what people were doing with it. After all it is not the only tree EF on the market but after seeing samples I had to have it. SU is not the only one to have this problem.

WRMK 3rd generation EF are hard to get. There are 2 of them I've been waiting on for over 6 months. One of them is finally on the way. A few of the designs don't appear to be selling well but a few are so popular no one can keep them in stock including WRMK.

Hero Arts had a similar problem last month with the launch of their limited edition monthly kit. Their server crashed and they sold out very quickly. They did extend time for people to order.

For myself, if there is something I can't live without in a new cattie/mini I get my order in ASAP. I hate b/o, not a patient person at all but once in while I have to wait.

I keep wondering how much of this mini SU will carryover or put in the next annual cattie since so many items were so popular.

Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2015, 09:06 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Got an email from S.U. yesterday that my backordered item has shipped. The only thing left backordered was the embossing folder so I'm guessing that is what is on its way. I hope so!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2015, 10:52 AM   #14  
Crimping Master

I just checked and yes, Paula, it is your embossing folder. It is coming via Mail Innovations so you will be getting it with your mail, not UPS. Love, me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2015, 06:28 AM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

You crack me up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2015, 07:18 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

I ordered mine on Oct 23rd along with the fine glue bottle both were on back order. My demo says the glue will come next week but there is no ETA on the folder. You would think that with all the publicity this folder received..(ie ~ featured on absolutely every SU demo's blog since the catalogue came out and large numbers of posts here on SCS) and considering we, as consumers are like lemmings, that the powers that be would see this coming and order a few more. LOL Oh well I guess it will get here..when it gets here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2015, 08:47 AM   #17  
Cardstock Collector

I've been waiting for my folder to ship for over two weeks. I'm new to SU so at least I know why and can stop stalking my online account.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2015, 03:42 PM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

I had absolutely no intentions whatsoever to purchase the Woodland E.F. I have at least 2 others...the Paper Studio and another one. You can see how often I use them since I cannot remember what company they came from. Anyway, my SU Woodland E.F. arrived last week. What changed my mind??? Well, it certainly wasn't the price which would have been $8.00 plus shipping and plus tax. Or the samples that the demos showed. They were OK. It was the fact that they can be used on either a landscape or a portrait card. Hopefully more companies will be doing this, too. Maybe a little cheaper, too. Happy stamping...Bobbi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2015, 04:02 PM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs NoofyView Post
I ordered mine on Oct 23rd along with the fine glue bottle both were on back order. My demo says the glue will come next week but there is no ETA on the folder. You would think that with all the publicity this folder received..(ie ~ featured on absolutely every SU demo's blog since the catalogue came out and large numbers of posts here on SCS) and considering we, as consumers are like lemmings, that the powers that be would see this coming and order a few more. LOL Oh well I guess it will get here..when it gets here!
Lorene posts the backorder report on her blog regularly. It appears both items will be in next week but there are more on b/o than they are getting in.

See post #11 for the link to her blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2015, 11:04 PM   #20  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula O.View Post
I don't remember if that is the correct name, but it's the EF in the holiday catalog that is birch trees. I placed a huge order last week and checked with my demo (Hi Gail!). She said 9,000 were back ordered. Yep, 9 thousand. And many thousand of the black lace doilies were backordered until October 30. That's waaay too late for Halloween cards.

Is S.U.moving towards the model of keeping low inventory and not manufacturing until a great quantity is ordered???? And of course these items have to come from China so that adds to the wait time.

I'm disappointed in the wait time. I'm sure they didn't expect that many thousand to be ordered, but since they are seasonal items, you'd think someone in their Marketing or Strategic Planning department would think "hmmmm.....there will be a demand for these..."

Paula, I feel your pain! I placed a order for the leaf die cut set. Only to find out
It's on back order until Dec 2nd. I was planning on making cards for Thanksgiving next weekend.
So I guess I'll have to fussy cut them to get my cards done.

PS: I hope you're doing well these days!! 🙂

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 06:59 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysuziestamperView Post
Lorene posts the backorder report on her blog regularly. It appears both items will be in next week but there are more on b/o than they are getting in.

See post #11 for the link to her blog.
Thanks for the link. It will probably make a difference between Canadian and American shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 07:21 AM   #22  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 769 Likes on 554 Posts

I've waited several weeks for mine .... it arrived yesterday!!!

~ Rita

God demonstrated His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us ... being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. Romans 5:8 & 9

https://www.chemoangels.com/

https://www.intercessors.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2015, 10:03 AM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am happy to report that my folder arrived Saturday AND it fits through the Cuttlebug with no problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2015, 08:31 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am waiting on 3 dies which are out of stock. The leaf dies are one of them. So I wait.
Reply With Quote Likes