Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-03-2005, 10:35 PM   #41
Polyshrink Goddess

WOOD!!! I love the feel of it in my hand. I would never go acrylic. If I purchase unmounted stamps, I have my dh cut me some blocks for them. I would invest!

marlo
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-03-2005, 11:13 PM   #42
Rubber Obsessor

I have some unmounteds with EZ Mount and a selection of acrylic blocks, and they certainly take much less space than wood-mounted stamps. I'm a SU demo and, at one time, really wished that SU would offer a choice of mounted or unmounted. A couple of my SU sets are on EZ Mount but, overall, I actually prefer wood-mounted stamps--mainly because they are ready to use straight from their little container, and all I have to do after using them is clean them and put them up. There are advantages to UMs, but the advantages of wood-mounted, IMHO, far outweigh them.

Regina
Old 03-04-2005, 04:06 AM   #43
Compulsive Stamper

I am a Stampin' Up demonstrator and love using the wood blocks, however, I do think the idea a being able to see all the way through your stamp would be wonderful. I don't own any CTMH stamps so I can't comment on their image quality, but boy it sure would be easy to line things up if I could see exactly where I am stamping, especially in small spaces. Also, the fact that you can line up your words with an alphabet set on one acrylic block insted of having to stamp each letter individually would be nice. It's such an interesting dilema. Unmounted saves space, but even if I unmounted my Stampin' Up stamps, I then couldn't demonstrate with them, and I still wouldn't be able to see through them. I was wondering if Stampin' Up would ever join the acrylic generation, but from what I'm reading here on SCS it looks like they never will. I know some of my customers who just attended both a TAC and CTMH party are very interested in the option. It's not just a space issue, it really does come down to cost. If you like the images that an umounted company offers, the cost is unbelievably cheaper. I hope that I don't lose too much business do to the fact that Stampin' Up will not convert that direction. Maybe I'll try acrylic one day, but for now, I'll stay wood mounted.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:21 AM   #44
Matboard Maniac

I have both and after using the acrylic I won't go back to buying wood mounted unless that is the only way they come. I love that I can put more than one stamp on a block, love the storage and don't find it a hassle to take the rubber off the block and put it back into storage.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:40 AM   #45
Inking Addict

Default Acrylic

I'm very , but I have to ask. What exactly are Acrylic stamps? Why do they take up less room? Also, what is CTMH and TAC?
Thank you,
Old 03-04-2005, 07:55 AM   #46
Polyshrink Goddess

hi Keri
NO need to be embarassed! Acrylic stamps are Clear - you can see through them when they are mounted onto a clear acrylic block. So the placement of your stamps is 'foolproof'

CTMH is Close To My Heart (stamp co)
TAC is The Angel Company (stamp co)

I don't have any CTMH or TAC clear ones but I have some clear Anna Griffin ones & I went to use some of the alphabets for Monograms & one of the letters was Ripped in half....sad..I am not rough on them...

Now that brings up this question... How durable are the unmounted acrylic stamps? Hopefully better quality than Anna Griffin ones......Mounted rubber stamps might cost more, but they may last longer. The rubber mounted Anna G ones I own are wonderful.

*A thought on using wood mounts: Wood is a Renewable resource.
It is like corn. It is a crop
Old 03-04-2005, 08:16 AM   #47
Inking Addict

Default acrylic

Thank you Sandy, for clearing that up for me. Now this really is because I have a few acrylic sets. I just didn't know that's what they were called. The ones I have though, aren't removable the stamp impression is part of the block. I think is's very hard to use because the "block" is super thin and hard to hold on to.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:21 AM   #48
Compulsive Stamper

Default wood stamps vs. acrylic

I am not familiar with the acrylic stamp system but cannot imagine doing my stamping without the wood. Don't know why but that's how it feels to me. Saving space doesn't worry me because I will always find more room for stamping and stamps. Good luck with this. I'd like to hear what you decided!!!
Old 03-04-2005, 12:07 PM   #49
Matboard Maniac

I like acrylic blocks, with the EZ mount system the best. $$$ is the factor here. If I had known all the $ and space I would have saved over the years, I would have only gone the woodless route. I am in the minority though.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:26 PM   #50
Cardstock Collector

Default Our BIG Business Decision!

What a wonderful thing that this topic is once again being discussed. It has been a month or so since I originally posted the big DEBATE. Since, we have signed a purchase agreement and will be taking over this business within the next week or so. PLEASE PRAY FOR US! Just a little tiny prayer would be very much appreciated. Thank you for all of your input to this topic, I would be very pleased if you would all continue creating your beautiful pieces of art and keep us in business. At any rate watch the market for new and wonderful wood designs for stamping....I have a TON of ideas brewing in the mind of mine to make the hobby even more wonderful!

Love,
Angela Magnuson