Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-30-2008, 03:51 PM   #41
ch
Mad Swapper

Isn't it great to live in a country where we have so many choices!! There is something for everyone. Enjoy!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-30-2008, 03:53 PM   #42
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by dacpamView Post
Wow. I thought this thread was about SU and if you think they will ever offer clear stamps as an option.
Well, it did start out that way! Then there was that detour through customer service and Zappo's.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #43
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sibilance7View Post
I've explained why I mounted it and why I would STILL be unsatisfied with it - it doesn't match the circle punch they advertise as going with the set. I guess I could have checked to see if the stamps matched the punch before I mounted them, but why would I do that when I was told they matched? Also, I've explained why I was not able to tell what the images looked like in the catalog. For the alphadots, the catalog only shows the letters a, b, and c. I'm not sure whether the c is supposed to be capital or lowercase, but based on the picture where the a and b were capitals, I assumed the whole set was capitals. So you can't always tell from the catalog what exactly you're getting. Another example is the text and texture set from the current catalog. There was a post recently about someone being disappointed to discover that it's double-mounted because that's not indicated anywhere in the catalog.

Furthermore, no one seems to be understanding another of my points - say I had decided I didn't want it after I realized it was mixed caps/lower case. I would have paid to have it shipped to me and paid to have it shipped back. That's bad customer service when compared to a company like Zappo's who gives free shipping both ways. At a basic level, what I'm saying is that if Zappo's can do this, they're putting everyone else who refuses to do it to shame.

This thread is getting hijacked by this nonsense. This is one customer's opinion of what I want out of customer service from SU!. If all of the demos here disagree with me, it's not really going to change my opinion.

As far as whether SU will ever have unmounted stamps, to get back to the topic at hand, I would have said no until I read that they used to offer a choice between wood or foam mounts. Now I'm wondering if they might offer unmounted eventually since it's so popular.
Actually, I have the Alphadots set...it was meant to go with the 1/2" circle punch, which leaves no room at all around the dots and actually cuts off a small border. Which punch were you assuming it matched? The 3/4"? Yes, the 3/4" circle punch leaves a white border, but that punch came out in the catalog a year or so AFTER Alphadots debuted. I've found since that if you want an exact match for the size of the circle and the size of the punch, the 5/8" circle punch sold by EK Success works perfectly.

In the catalog, the punches and the stamps are almost all shown at actual size and a ruler is something that is usually available to everyone...you could have measured if you were concerned. I get the point about the mixed caps, but you decided to go with it the way it was. There are sheets that your demo can print off for any alphabet if you want to see the entire thing before you buy.

As far as returns, for items that are defective, SU! pays the shipping back to the company...it's only for items that you decide you don't want to keep after you receive them that shipping must be paid for the exchange of merchandise only. And postage back to you for the items taken in exchange is NOT charged unless the item is returned AFTER the 90 days is up. Defective items receive free shipping back to SU! and replacement items are shipped to you for free.

I'm not trying to change your opinion, but some of your information is not factual.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Old 01-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

Original Post asked about unmounted stamps, not specifically about clear polymer stamps. I would be very happy if SU would give me the option of buying just the rubber without the wood. For ten years I have been burning the wood in the fireplace. In September I asked the director of our church's pre-school if the kids would like to have the blocks to play with. Praise the Lord! I finally found a use for them!

Regarding shipping cost: When I buy from other stamp companies they can pack 20 or 30 stamps into a manila envelope and it only cost a couple of dollars.
John 3:16
Old 01-30-2008, 04:34 PM   #45
char525

IMO SU has become much less customer friendly over the years. They used to listen and respond with solutions. The sagging pad issue fell on deaf ears and all anyone got was a form letter that didn't even address the problem. Plenty of much, much smaller companies offer free shipping. ATS offers free shipping with a $10 purchase. And yes, I have returned used stamps and had no problem doing so at 2 of our 3 LSS.

SU refuses to entertain the fact that many hundreds of thousands of stampers are going unmounted and that clear stamps are the absolute RAGE causing many of the larger stores to get rid of all wood stamps because they simply do not sell any longer. Even Hero Arts has figured this out and is offering 30 pages of clear stamps in their most recent catalog. I don't know how long SU's stubbornness will continue to serve them. I predict that they will break at some point and come into the year 2008 where stamping trends are concerned. In the meantime, that $200 a month that I used to spend with SU now goes to PTI, MFT, Inkadinkadoo, Hero Arts, and many others. Even companies like Verve Visual went clear within months of realizing this is where the industry was going. With all the competetion, SU will either topple out of stubbornness, or as I predict, will suddenly have an awakening and make it sound like unmounted stamps was their idea all along. LOL!

Old 01-30-2008, 05:05 PM   #46
Polyshrink Goddess

Wink

Jan-
Is there a fan in the house?

Diane

Check my blog :http://www.ddstamps.com
Old 01-30-2008, 05:07 PM   #47
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddstampsView Post
Jan-

Diane
Diane I was thinking the same thing!!! Me thinks I feel a breeze . . . .
Old 01-30-2008, 05:09 PM   #48
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Char! Welcome to Splitcoast! Have you been stamping long? Do you have a blog we could check out? It's always nice to have new SCS'ers!
Old 01-30-2008, 05:18 PM   #49
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Jan-

Diane
OMG, how exciting!!
lol
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Old 01-30-2008, 05:26 PM   #50
Die Cut Diva

I hope they do offer the unmounted option.

75% of all the stamps I bought last year were unmounted rubber or clear acrylics. Now that I am used to them, I really prefer using them over wood mounted sets. I hate using a stamp positioner and love being able to see where I am stamping. Also like being able to run the stamps under a faucet to clean plus so much less storage space and far cheaper shipping costs.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:33 PM   #51
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Jan-

Diane
Seems to be bit of a breeze, doesn't there?

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Old 01-30-2008, 05:41 PM   #52
Stazon Splitcoast

Did I miss something?

I remember reading about an announcement Shelli made at an event a year or so ago that there was no plan to go unmounted anytime in the forseeable future. Honestly, I hope SU! never goes unmounted. I much prefer only having to mount my stamps once, and I like the feel of the wood blocks. As much as I love their other products, I think I might have to give up my demoship if SU! went the EZ Mount and acrylic block route!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 01-30-2008, 05:41 PM   #53
Stazon Splitcoast

i think it bares repeating...

SU! obviously already has a market for wood mounted stamps.

there are so many companies with so many choises... isn't it a beautiful thing?!
Old 01-30-2008, 05:44 PM   #54
crick

There is a new blog out there discussing this very topic tonight. Interesting how many women feel they have lost their once felt loyalty to a company that now seems to be totally unresponsive to customers.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:55 PM   #55
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by crickView Post
There is a new blog out there discussing this very topic tonight. Interesting how many women feel they have lost their once felt loyalty to a company that now seems to be totally unresponsive to customers.

DOUBLE breezy!! Eh?

Which blog would that be??http://rubystamper.blogspot.com/ post #2???

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Old 01-30-2008, 06:06 PM   #56
Stazon Splitcoast

You know, I went to that blog once. I was assured I had won some blog candy, and then it was decided I *hadn't*. The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind.

And I think it will be interesting to see if SU does offer other options at some point. I think they're doing fine in their market niche, but they are an innovative company, and I wouldn't think they've ruled anything out.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:20 PM   #57
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkaliciousView Post
DOUBLE breezy!! Eh?

Which blog would that be??http://rubystamper.blogspot.com/ post #2???

wow! really?!
Old 01-30-2008, 06:31 PM   #58
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

My feeling is that now that acrylics have proven themselves to be as capable of holding fine detail in the image, that it will be only a matter of time before SU! offers them...but I don't think they will burn their demos the way that CTMH did when they did a total switch over. I think SU! will, like Penny Black and Hero Arts, offer a limited amount of sets as acrylics.

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Old 01-30-2008, 07:47 PM   #59
crick

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
You know, I went to that blog once. I was assured I had won some blog candy, and then it was decided I *hadn't*. The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind.

And I think it will be interesting to see if SU does offer other options at some point. I think they're doing fine in their market niche, but they are an innovative company, and I wouldn't think they've ruled anything out.
I remember that. There were several Amy's and I it was quickly straightened out. Honest mistake, clearly. I also think several of you are mixing up a couple of posters and it is confusing. Why jump all over people just because you don't like what they are saying. I don't think it is kind to try to silence people with seventh grade girl behaviors.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:02 PM   #60
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I remember that. There were several Amy's and I it was quickly straightened out. Honest mistake, clearly. I also think several of you are mixing up a couple of posters and it is confusing. Why jump all over people just because you don't like what they are saying. I don't think it is kind to try to silence people with seventh grade girl behaviors.
Uh huh. Sure.

Why have more than one identity on SCS when it's against TOS?
Old 01-30-2008, 08:03 PM   #61
crick

Amy, we see where you posted at "the" site. You have left a trail allowing the owner to take action. Lucky her. Finally she can put a stop to your harrassing her on her blog as well on other sites she frequents. I have notified her.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:06 PM   #62
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I'm not sure what you're talking about. There are quite a few Amys in the stamping world, actually. I haven't been to or posted on the above listed blog in months. I like to spend my time on blogs of people whose crafting is more to my taste.

But best of luck to all the new posters on this thread. Isn't amazing to have two brand new people who seem to agree on everything? Just goes to show that you can find *anything* on the internet!

Last edited by amysings; 01-30-2008 at 08:12 PM..
Old 01-30-2008, 08:08 PM   #63
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
As for saving trees...SU has the trees grown specifically to make the blocks. They don't come from chopping down trees in the forest.
I didn't know that! That's pretty environmentally conscious!
Old 01-30-2008, 08:33 PM   #64
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

So was that YOUR blog? I'd love to check it out! How long have you been stamping?

Welcome to splitcoast
Old 01-30-2008, 08:43 PM   #65
crick

Not my blog and I am a scrapper mainly.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:53 PM   #66
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Not my blog and I am a scrapper mainly.

Really? What size do you do? I try to scrap but I'm not very good at it. Do you have a blog? I'd love to see. Most blogs are cards, did you ever notice that? I wonder why that is.

I just moved and I want to scrap the pics of my NEW HOUSE but as much as I love SU I'm just not a FAN of their patterened papers, you know? I do like Basic Grey though (or is it Gray, I always forget )

Anywho, welcome again
Old 01-30-2008, 08:54 PM   #67
crick

You certainly can find "anything" on the internet and you often leave quite a trail, Amy. I think my GW friend has finally solved her mystery!

Old 01-30-2008, 09:09 PM   #68
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetJView Post
Original Post asked about unmounted stamps, not specifically about clear polymer stamps. I would be very happy if SU would give me the option of buying just the rubber without the wood. For ten years I have been burning the wood in the fireplace. In September I asked the director of our church's pre-school if the kids would like to have the blocks to play with. Praise the Lord! I finally found a use for them!

Regarding shipping cost: When I buy from other stamp companies they can pack 20 or 30 stamps into a manila envelope and it only cost a couple of dollars.
I'm wondering why you ladies don't sell your wood blocks. I've already bought wood blocks off of ebay, in fact I bought them on 3 different occasions. If you can't sell the wood blocks because of being a demo. you can always trade them.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:26 PM   #69
Crimping Master

Quote:

What blog is this, I'd be interested in reading it... I use my SU stamps unmounted....

Old 01-31-2008, 01:43 AM   #70
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by se_stamperView Post
What blog is this, I'd be interested in reading it... I use my SU stamps unmounted....
K quoting myself here, but I may have misunderstood that post I asked about...I was thinking they were talking specifically about using umounted stamps

Old 01-31-2008, 03:42 AM   #71
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Amy, we see where you posted at "the" site. You have left a trail allowing the owner to take action. Lucky her. Finally she can put a stop to your harrassing her on her blog as well on other sites she frequents. I have notified her.
I have a hard time believing that Amy would harass anyone. It must be someone else.

I'd be interested to find out how a blog owner can use Blogger to trail harassing comments...my experience with them is that Blogger does not trap IP addresses with comments, so there really is no way to tell who has posted to your blog if they choose to remain anonymous...don't think the owner of that blog is going to have any luck there.

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Old 01-31-2008, 03:49 AM   #72
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

K quoting myself here, but I may have misunderstood that post I asked about...I was thinking they were talking specifically about using umounted stamps

i don't think they are talking about unmounted stamps there!

i did think that THIS thread was about un mounted stamps, but seems like it got off course.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:31 AM   #73
Glitter Guru

Quote:

hummm wow....I have had some minor issues over the past few months and SU has been nothing but fantastic...just because they don't sell exactly what you want them to sell or stick by their set forth policies doesn't mean they are unresponsive to thier customers...

One thing you have to remember is each demo works independantly...some demos read thier demo manuals and product manual and reads the monthly newsletters and the daily information SU puts out...others do not...this is why there will always be some confusion on policies and what is or is not allowed and just information in general...The same probably holds true for pretty much any direct sales company....

If you feel that your Demo isn't providing you with the information you need you are more than welcome to contact SU directly at 1-800-STAMP UP - if it is in relation to a problem you are having with a product be sure to ask your demo for the order number that the item was ordered under so SU can better assist you.

As for offering UM...my take is this...while I certainly wouldn't care one way or the other if they offered UM being as I have a small customer base - I know other demos who would not like it...it isn't just about selling UM - as demos we would need to know about UM and be prepared to field questions/concerns about UM stamps...to know how to use them/store them/etc...For many SU demos we became SU demos because we like using WOOD MOUNTED RUBBER STAMPS...(not to say their aren't demos out there that use them UM). As MANY people previously stated SU gives a choice - you can choose to use your SU stamps UM...so in effect they already do offer thier stamps UM...with the bonus of blocks...

SU can not be everything to everyone...their focus is on wood mounted rubber stamps...just like CTMH's focus is Clear Polymer stamps and TAC is UM rubber stamps with EZ Mount....
Old 01-31-2008, 04:58 AM   #74
Kookie Creator

Location: be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says-oh crap, she's up

I wish they'd go clear also. Makes stamp placement SO much easier!!!

are you a bereaved parent too? http://www.thecompassionatefriends.org/
Old 01-31-2008, 05:30 AM   #75
SCS Moderator

Ladies please stay on topic. Leave the personal discussion out of this.

Will SU! ever go unmounted?
My guess is probably not in the near future (like within the new catalog) but I would never say never.

I am (persoanlly) excited about many of the changes I have seen in SU! this past year-die-cut stamps, phenomenal double sided-paper, and great accessories. With all teh changes SU! has made in the past year I think the best way to express your interest (if you want to see a change) is to contact SU!.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:48 AM   #76
Stazon Splitcoast

I think maybe in the future. But SU is so known for it's high quality wood mounted stamps. As more companies go unmounted it might actually benifit SU NOT to go, because as these threads prove over and over again there are a lot of people who are loyal to the wood. Also in spite of some people leaving the company I think there will always be a firm customer base for SU.

I do use unmounted a lot and like the option. I like to save money. So maybe I do buy less SU stamps because they are wood mounted, but no matter what SU does I will buy stamps from a variety of companies.

I will buy cardstock from them until either I die or they go out of business *eww, both of those were creepy ideas*

I LOVE doing business with a company where my contact is my friends. I feel a great sense of community from that. The direct sales aspect of SU will keep me wanting to order.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:22 AM   #77
MnM
Crimping Master

sorry, small hi-jack here.
Erin, I love your signature.
In the thread about smelly dogs I said my dogs feet smell like popcorn.
not Fritos..... but still a tasty salty snack.
too funny

Sorry Britta....... I thought since this thread steered way off course last night I "wood" sneek this in. Yes I am a bad girl....
oh and my dogs like wood mounted stamps too.

Last edited by MnM; 01-31-2008 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: to add apology for hijack
Old 01-31-2008, 01:53 PM   #78
Embossing Fanatic

Default unmounted SU

I actually wrote to them last year and was respondd with a definite there is no plans for that at this time or anytime in the near future. But i disagree about the cost if you price what mounting wood costs-that is where the cost is rubber and pressing is really pretty cheap that's why companies like TAC can keep it so ecomomical and even include the cling foam with the set (not all companies do..
I love stampin up images but absolutely hate paying for wood that i don't use (it about doubles the price of a set so a 12.95 set would be about 6.50 just imagine how many sets you could buy for 50.00 if they were unmounted !
Betti
stampinbetti.ismyangel.net
Old 01-31-2008, 02:29 PM   #79
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

If they charged us by weight, then probably. I think our shipping is very reasonable. ( TAC charges $6.95 for shipping (min) and their stamp sets weigh literally nothing compared to SU with blocks.)

I'd love to see SU give us the option of UM stamps....

Yes The Angel Company aka TAC Changed their shipping charges. to $6.95 Mimimum. BUT! they didn't raise their prices on any of the Stamps or Supplies.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:49 PM   #80
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2View Post
Yes The Angel Company aka TAC Changed their shipping charges. to $6.95 Mimimum. BUT! they didn't raise their prices on any of the Stamps or Supplies.
YES!! I was upset to see the postage on the envie when I received my order. It was for under $3. I feel that I am being "penalized" beause I can't order through a demo with a party. I have to order through a website.