Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-13-2007, 05:40 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Why DO you like stamping?

A co-worker asked me today what I liked about stamping. I'd never thought of it really but this is what I came up with:
I like
collecting the stamps,
hunting on ebay and craigslist and splitcoaststampers for stamps,
I like
browsing splitcoaststampers for ideas
I like
stamping cards and creating something I am proud of.
I like
how my scrapbooks look with a nice stamped page.

Well - Why do you like stamping?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:36 PM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

I LOVE stamping ! I work all week with people doing hair. working at what hour of the day or night doing what they want. I not only do hair but I listen to all their problems and ailments etc. doing hair can be physically exhausting. the "lending an ear" part is mentally exhausting! My husband does most of the work around the house and yard, so that on my days off I can go into my "Happy room" and tune it all out! Its very restful and when something come out really cute.... I send it to someone, to make them happy . thats rewarding to me also....
Old 09-13-2007, 07:41 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

I have young kids and a husband who works a lot. Stamping is the only thing I do that is JUST for me. My craft room is the ONLY place in my house where I know when I walk in, things are going to be exactly how I left them.

Once my husband came up and had glitter all over his face. I said you were in my craft room? What were you doing? He said he was looking for a pair of scissors (which I've told him he's not allowed to touch, btw...) and how did I know he was there. All you have to do is walk IN the room and the glitter jumps all over you, once you actually start touching things, forget it!
Old 09-13-2007, 08:06 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I can't draw a straight line or a decent circle but stamping allows me to be artistic without having to draw. I love putting color combos together. I love stamp/scrap stores. I love the final products and I love the friendships I have made through stamping! It is also something that my mom and I do together and something we have in common!!
Old 09-13-2007, 08:33 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

I guess that it gives me the chance to feel like a kid again, and not feel silly. I get to color, paint, play with all sorts of cool crafting stuff, and use glitter glue (stickles). I like to make cards and scrapbook pages that I know others will enjoy. Heck, sometimes I even impress myself and I'm not embarrassed to say so. It's fun to see how you've grown in this craft.

And can you say stress relief???????? That right there is the MAIN reason I stamp.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:54 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Before stamping, I never felt the least bit artistic; that all changed at my 1st Stampin Up party! I can now create beautiful things that not only make me happy, but usually bring a smile to someone elses face! Can't beat that!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:09 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I LOVE it!! Creative outlet for me everyday...just wish I had more time! It's fun to meet others who share the same passion too!