Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-13-2008, 05:08 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who else is a "homeless" stamper?

I peek at the pictures of the fantastic stamp rooms that some of you ladies have and I'm SO envious!!! I need a couple of kids to go off to college b/4 I can really expand! All my "fixin's" are in several Crop in Style totes and bags that I drag out when I want to make some cards--surely I can't be the only stamper without a "real" place to stamp! Come out and sympathize with me =(
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2008, 05:25 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Feeling your pain! all too much! my bedside table is my actual stamping space :rolleyes: Hopefully it won't be forever though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2008, 05:27 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

I feel your pain...I have a dining room table, and a few bins. Someday my precious babies will head off to college and I'll have a super fantastic fantasy stamp room!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2008, 05:39 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

i used to have a stampin' room, but downsized on home & increased family size, do i only have a stamping corner in the living room
i use my old dining table & we have built-in shelves w/ baskets for my stamps & ribbon spools
i also have two carts w/ drawers under my table w/ embellishments, loose stamps, paper scraps, punches, etc. in them
i make it work
Gourmet Play Food Etsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2008, 05:41 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Oh yeah....I am with you. We had to downsize as well and I totally can't get to my stuff. It's all in boxes and there is nowhere to even put it so that I can stamp. :(
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2008, 05:47 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

My sympathies wid u...thugh I dont have any kids ..but extending & having one room for crafting is pretty expensive..may be later on I'll have that...right now my stamping stuff is in my bed drawers ...* I use my computer table to do stamping or at times on floor..even..!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2008, 05:51 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

I know your pain! I used to scrapbook/stamp on a card table in a corner of my bedroom Then DS moved out and I now have his bedroom for my scrapbooking/stamping room. Your time will come.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2008, 06:05 PM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

Default stamp room envy

I have been surfing the net for the last hour drooling over stamp room pics. My stamp stuff is in 2 crop-n-style totes in the basement that I have to lug upstairs -- while I work on a card table in the living room. I fantasize regularly about a room of my own. Of course I may never see my dh again -- he watches tv while I stamp. some day...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh, yeah! I used to have a nice little area set up in the basement. Shelves, table, storage, etc. Then we moved. . . now I have some stuff in my bedroom closet, (who needs clothes?!!!), some stuff on shelves in the garage, and some stuff in a little cubby in my eating area. Talk about stuff strewn all over the house! We've been leasing for a year and are signing on a home in 2 days - but this home won't be much better. DH knows how important stamping is to me and he's trying to help me come up with creative solutions, but what I wouldn't give for my own stamping/crafting room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2008, 08:49 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

I used to use a counter we bought for $20 that was sitting on two file cabinets. It is still in laundry/breezeway room, which I tried to claim as my room when we moved in here. It was just too cold in there, since the windows are junk.
Gourmet Play Food Etsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2008, 10:56 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

I totally get you. My stamping space is a desk at the foot of our bed in our bedroom. I have one 'shelf' for papers, and everything else is either on or under the desk. It's all I've got so it has to work, and while my 2 kids are little, I don't think I'll get their rooms anytime soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 03:24 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I was a homeless crafter before we moved. I kept all of my crafty bits in a giant rubbermaid closet type thing. Hubby would complain that when I was crafting I'd leave my things all over the kitchen and he'd have to dodge my projects until I completed them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 03:55 AM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm homeless too .... I call the kitchen table my home! Though I must admit its partly by choice as we have a spare room upstairs I could claim, but then my DH would never see me as Im out at work all day, and then by the time we get our dinner, have a tidy up, walk the dog, and then squeeze in card making for an hour its nearly 9pm and not far off bedtime!! At least if I'm crafting in the kitchen I'm close enough for a chat.

Thats not to say I'm not very envious of some of your amazing craft rooms (and all your crafty goodies!!!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 04:28 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Me! Me! I'm a homeless stamper and scrapper! We're planning to build or buy a new house w/in a year, so it's been put at the top of the new home list that there is a spare room for ME!

Right now I take over the kitchen table and countertops while I'm creating. And I try to leave stuff out so I can work everyday, but sometimes I have to clear that table off so we can *GASP* eat dinner on it! LOL!

My blog...a work in progress...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 04:32 AM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

I share a room with my son. He never sleeps in his bedroom and if he did, I would still take up half of it, lol. I have 1/2 of the room and he has the other half. The key is organization.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 06:11 AM   #16  
Mad Swapper

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts
Wink

I feel for all of you. After a year of lugging my stuff back and forth to the dining room table, I said enough, and re organized my sewing room. Now a sewing/scrap room. And I am going to take it a step further, going to repaint, new carpet, and going to buy sterilite carts that I can stack up. The room is off limits to the general public, you have to be invited to enter. lol

Patrice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 06:19 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

It is such a relief to read this thread!! I've seen all of those marvelous dedicated 'studios' too and it's amazing.

I am lucky that I have one wall of the guest room which is about 8 feet long. I use an old side table stacked with 12 x 12 storage drawers for stamps and paper. Next to that is the old dining room buffet cabinet which is about 40 inches long that I use for storage and a stamp surface. Then a few more storage drawers. I'm hoping to get a sheet of plexiglass to cover the cabinet's wood surface.

I feel really really fortunate to have this space compared to how some of you are managing. At least I can leave a project out to work on with a few minutes' time here or there. I used to be so proud that I can accomplish anything at all in cramped quarters - and I have to stamp standing up. But you ladies are amazing to me!! I would go crazy with everything in containers.

Nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 06:26 AM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

I hear ya stamping sister!

Our house is up for sale and everything is packed in totes. I have to drag them upstairs late at night and then have everything put away by the morning.

So frustrating. I use to at least be able to keep it out on a folding table in the basement but dh says it is too much clutter...sigh...

He is starting to talk about making my own scrap area so we will see what happens. I think he is tired of my stuff being sprawled out across the kitchen counter. I've got to stamp!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 07:11 AM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says-oh crap, she's up

I live in a tiny one bdrm apt and my stuff is EVERYWHERE since there is no room for anything. I eat in the living room cuz the kitchen table is covered in stamping stuff. I have lots of totes and various other organizing items in my bedroom that has now sprawled out into the living room. It's just crazy!!

are you a bereaved parent too? http://www.thecompassionatefriends.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 08:27 AM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Don't worry you're not alone . I don't have too much stamping stuff coz I'm a newbie but whatever I've resides in boxes/shelves and I've to take out all my supplies whenever I want to do something craft-y. That prevents me from utlizing those 10-15 minutes here and there doing something craft-y coz I've to first take it all out and then pack it all in! I'm not looking for a craft/stamp room but I do want to get a desk for myself sometime soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 09:05 AM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

All I have is a desk at the end of our family room in the basement. It'll be a long time coming before I ever have a stamp room, unless we win the lottery and buy a huge house! Haha! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 09:42 AM   #22  
Stampin' Fool

I read a few of the post's here about the scraping rooms. I do have one, BUT, I still drag things to the dining room table. I don't like the quiet and being secluded. I would welcome the day's back when my kid's are flying in and out the door's with their friend's (I alway's said we were going to install a revolving door, lol). Then I babysat my Grandson's till it was time for them to go to school, again bring back those day's. Cherish every minute you have with them, take picture's and scrap them later. You will have plenty of time.
Yes, the room's are beautiful - but not to be sappy, I would rather have kids running throught the house, JMHO.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 09:56 AM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

I think that's how I'll be when I have my room...I'll still drag stuff out!! LOL. For now everything is boxed up because we are converting the guest room to my craft room. Though...we're planning on moving to Kuwait for at least a year so I'll only have it for a little bit!! I figure, even if I drag the stuff I want to use into the living room - having a craft room will allow me to see what I have and use it at least!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 10:00 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

oh I wholeheartedly agree... I would like a room but I will drag things out if I need some "together" time!

Its the unpacking and repacking every time I want to do something that is the killer! I just want a place for everything and be able to "pull" what I want to work with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 10:01 AM   #25  
Mad Swapper

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default my own room?!?

My children are in college. I use their rooms until they come back for breaks. Then I have to pack up and put away until they leave again. End of the semester (Dec - Jan and May - August) creates a problem for me. I love my children and the fact that they're under our roof again, but...I need my own space.

Someday...........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 10:09 AM   #26  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

We have a 3-BR house. One spare room is our "office" with our computers and household information; the other is a guest bedroom. So I stamp from the DR table & all my stuff is stored along the wall between the DR and kitchen plus some is stashed in the drawers of the china cabinet.
Reply With Quote Likes