In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2008, 03:37 PM   #1
Die Cut Diva
 
babydal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,656
Default Where is my PTI order????

I ordered last Thursday morning. I got a shipping notice on Sunday that said it was going out on Tuesday. Weird, why not Monday, the next business shipping day???

Anyway, they ship from OH, right? I'm in VA. Most packages by USPS Priority Mail get here in a day, two at the most. So I still have no package. And the tracking just shows that generic "the shipper has notified us electronically to expect your package on blah, blah, blah...."

So where is my stuff??? I've gotten other packages from California faster than this. This is my first experience with PTI and if this is normal, it may be my last. I'm not impressed with the shipping time nor the order pulling time. AND I just checked and my card has not been charged yet.

I shipped something to my son in ALASKA on Monday. He got it today. What gives????
babydal57 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:42 PM   #2
Compulsive Stamper
 
roseski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 35
Default

Right now is the big Gina K Stamping Cruise and I know Nichole Heady is attending. It may be that shipping is slightly delayed but I have been ordering from them for over a year now and they are one of the best out there.

I ordered from polkadotplaza.com on Monday night and just got my goodies today. I am so excited!!
roseski is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:50 PM   #3
Polyshrink Goddess
 
frogwoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Stamp room
Posts: 717
Default

PTI often sends out a notice of shipment even when your package has not gone out. They print out all their shipping labels on the same day, but that does not mean your package is going out. I have learned not to rely on their shipping emails.
frogwoman is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:52 PM   #4
Matboard Maniac
 
Sibilance7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 291
Default

You might try calling whoever is handling the package and giving them the tracking number. My package didn't arrive by the time I thought it should have, so I called my local post office and the postmaster found it for me. I wanted it right then (of course!), so he said I could just stop by and get it that afternoon. I have no idea why it was sitting around the post office like that and not being delivered to my house, but the point is that you never know what might have happened! Definitely also email PTI's customer service so they can check on it as well and tell you why your card hasn't been charged yet.
__________________
My Gallery
Sibilance7 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #5
Rubber Obsessor
 
bonapartelady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lake Bonaparte, NY and New Port Richey, FL
Posts: 173
Default

I, too, ordered last Thursday and got my order today in NY. However, mine came by UPS. I usually plan on about one week from them....believe me, it will be worth the wait!!!
__________________
~Kathy~
bonapartelady is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:32 PM   #6
Kookie Creator
 
Waldsb651's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: OHIO
Posts: 404
Default

I also order Thursday - got mine yesterday and I'm in OHIO! It came UPS, the slow brown truck this month.
Waldsb651 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:54 PM   #7
Pearl-ExPert
 
phunkymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Philly suburbia
Posts: 2,217
Default

I know I've been posting about this a lot lately, but I've had several First Class mail packages take up to two weeks to reach their destinations lately. The last one was only going from PA to CT--not all the way across the country.

I'm not hand addressing, or doing anything sloppy. I use the big, two to a page Paypal printed, barcoded labels, so that shouldn't slow anything down.

Shoot, my mortgage payment was almost late last month because it took about 10 days to get there.

Something is up with the mail, but my Postmaster has said that he doesn't know anything about it. I've had really slow mail since August.
__________________
Jen

Creative cases for your tech gadgets!
phunkymama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:05 AM   #8
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
 
whoistracy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hamburg, NY
Posts: 2,450
Default

I did notice this time that shipping seemed a LOT slower than usual. Perhaps they're really getting swamped with orders after the release. If that's the case, maybe they should think about bringing on extra staff at release time to help.

Last month there was a storm that caused a delay and my order took about 10 days to get shipped. This time it was about 6 days. And I'm talking about just packing and getting the box in the mail.
__________________
Who is Tracy? Blog | IG | YouTube | My SCS Gallery
whoistracy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:12 AM   #9
Embossing Fanatic
 
curlylocdiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 73
Default

I am still waiting on a shipping notice I just emailed customer service. I like the product but this will factor in to me ordering again. I am on call this weekend and wanted my goods for then. Shipping should be a priority within 48 hours for any company. I looked around on the website to see if there is a shipping delay notice but I didnt see anything. If in fact they are all on a cruise they should have let customers know and then I would not be expecting an order. Very strange.
curlylocdiva is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:14 AM   #10
Matboard Maniac
 
heather30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: West Des Moines Iowa
Posts: 259
Default

I ordered mine on release night and got it Monday which did not seem like a lot of time. Mine was sent by post office and not ups though! Hope you get yours soon, I've been having lots of fun with the snowflake set I got!

Heather
__________________
Heather
heather30 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:25 AM   #11
Insane Embellisher
 
ldsk34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia, where we have the beach and mountains all in one state!!
Posts: 778
Default

The past two of my orders have been "larger" boxes and the shipment has taken a week. I try to be patient, but it is hard sometimes.

And babydal57 I hope you get your order soon. I did email customer service and it was over 24 hours before I got a response.

Good luck,
__________________
Dianne Keffer
Bizzy Bee Creates!! my blog

My "Small" Gallery
ldsk34 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:21 AM   #12
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,945
Default

I ordered a package the same day as a friend did - I'm in Florida, she's in Ohio. SHe had hers in 3 days, mine took over 2 weeks but the funny thing is I paid for shipping (didn't have a big enough order to qualify for fs) and she didn't, and hers was there super fast! I was cracking up thinking it would be the other way around?!! But regardless, I'm sure your package will be at your doorstep so very soon!
__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:32 AM   #13
Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
eggette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Shetland, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,454
Default

I'm sure there is nothing that anyone on this forum can do about your shipping problem, however have you contacted Papertrey Ink?

They have a forum where you will get answers. They have excellent customer service, and I am sure they will be able to help you.
__________________
~Bonnie~
My Blog - The Lucky Clucker

My Gallery
Proud Dirty Dozen Alumni!
Proud DT Member for CAS-ual Fridays Stamps
eggette is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:38 AM   #14
Embossing Fanatic
 
curlylocdiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 73
Default

I did get a shipping notice the same day I emailed customer service. Although my order had not been shipped yet it was a notification to ship. So according to the UPS site I will get a package on next Wednesday. Order picking was over a week about 10 days to be exact. Shipping is an additional 3 days. I am just happy to have a shipping notice. Maybe they had a higher volume than normal. I do love all of the product and it will be worth the wait, I just think they need to have a little faster order picking.
curlylocdiva is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:48 AM   #15
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Joan B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 13,920
Default

I am also in VA and got my order about a week or so after I placed it. On another board someone posted an email that she received from PTI indicating that there was either an illness or a family issue that was affecting the shipping.

PTI always send shipping notices a day or two before they are actually shipped, which just sets up people for disappointment. They should re think that. Also, a note on the website or in its newsletter indicating a bit of delay would avoid most customer whining (me, not you...)
__________________
Dear Paperlicious is my blog...with a series on how I'm learning to improve my cardmaking by studying others.
Joan B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:59 AM   #16
Die Cut Diva
 
StampinHappyInCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hmmmm...?
Posts: 3,045
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by curlylocdivaView Post
I just think they need to have a little faster order picking.
Not in my experience ...

I placed an order Friday ... two actually.

The first order I placed at about 1:00 pm. I needed to order paper and also wanted to order one of the new snowflake sets and matching punches. The punches were out of stock, so I just ordered the paper because I need it for an upcoming project. Not enough to qualify for free shipping.

Within a few hours (3-4), I received a Back in Stock email indicating the snowflake punches were back in stock. Grrrrr! I went ahead and ordered three of them with the matching stamp set. This qualified me for free shipping. Great.

I emailed Customer Service asking if they could combine my orders and refund my shipping on the original order. No such luck ... I received an email back saying my first order had already shipped so there was nothing that could be done. I still don't have a shipping notice on the first order, so who knows. The two orders were placed within a 4-hour timespan.

I'm not real happy with PTI right now, and will definitely rethink future orders. I hate the fact that all communication needs to be done by email ... sometimes you really want to talk with live humans.
__________________
Sue
* * * * * * * * * *
My little gallery
StampinHappyInCT is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:05 AM   #17
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jbalcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central Texas
Posts: 22,482
Default

Your best bet is to contact the ladies at Papertrey. They probably would want to hear from you! Whether you post to their forum or email customer service, I'm sure you'll get an answer directly from the ladies involved with order fulfillment.
__________________
Jenn Balcer
My Blog
jbalcer is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:35 AM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast
 
stampinem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 10,797
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin'HappyInCTView Post
Not in my experience ...

I placed an order Friday ... two actually.

The first order I placed at about 1:00 pm. I needed to order paper and also wanted to order one of the new snowflake sets and matching punches. The punches were out of stock, so I just ordered the paper because I need it for an upcoming project. Not enough to qualify for free shipping.

Within a few hours (3-4), I received a Back in Stock email indicating the snowflake punches were back in stock. Grrrrr! I went ahead and ordered three of them with the matching stamp set. This qualified me for free shipping. Great.

I emailed Customer Service asking if they could combine my orders and refund my shipping on the original order. No such luck ... I received an email back saying my first order had already shipped so there was nothing that could be done. I still don't have a shipping notice on the first order, so who knows. The two orders were placed within a 4-hour timespan.

I'm not real happy with PTI right now, and will definitely rethink future orders. I hate the fact that all communication needs to be done by email ... sometimes you really want to talk with live humans.

See, I'm with you on it.
I ordered and forgot one item. Literally three minutes later I sent an email asking them to add... they said no! So I said cancel it or I'll refuse it... and they did.
No offense, but it should not be that hard. We know packages don't go out that day and they COULD fix it, but they CHOOSE not to and people just put up with it.
We are the customer... we are the reason they stay in business.
That should count and with them of late, I don't feel it does.
__________________
Emily Davis
Catholic. Artsy. PaperCrafter. Frugal. New SU! Demonstrator.
Blog: http://www.emscraftcloset.blogspot.com
stampinem is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #19
Die Cut Diva
 
babydal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,656
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggetteView Post
I'm sure there is nothing that anyone on this forum can do about your shipping problem, however have you contacted Papertrey Ink?

They have a forum where you will get answers. They have excellent customer service, and I am sure they will be able to help you.
In fact, I did email them when I posted. And have not heard a single word back from them. VERY poor customer service IMHO.

I did get my package on Saturday. I love what I got but I still say that the customer service is sadly lacking. I don't feel that I should have to log on to a forum to reach them. I used their "contact us" button, sent the email and haven't heard a peep from them.

Customer service seems to be a thing of the past these days. Really quite sad.
babydal57 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:53 AM   #20
Rubber Obsessor
 
redi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: rockledge, florida
Posts: 168
Default

I have always received my stuff from PTi within a week. I have ordered almost every month on the 15th.I usually get mine thru the mail, once it was sent UPS and it took a little more time.The post office turn around time is slow!!It is not PTI's fault once it is out of their hands. I placed an order for SU and it took 2 weeks to get it!! I would not like to working on the 15th of the month, they must receive tons of orders, would you like to be processing that many orders at once.
redi is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:00 AM   #21
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
 
whoistracy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hamburg, NY
Posts: 2,450
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinemView Post
See, I'm with you on it.
I ordered and forgot one item. Literally three minutes later I sent an email asking them to add... they said no! So I said cancel it or I'll refuse it... and they did.
No offense, but it should not be that hard. We know packages don't go out that day and they COULD fix it, but they CHOOSE not to and people just put up with it.
We are the customer... we are the reason they stay in business.
That should count and with them of late, I don't feel it does.
Well said Em. I completely understand what you're saying and agree. I've contacted other companies who were more than happy to add an item to an order the same day.

I think their biggest problem is that they don't really have full time help, from my understanding. Talking to someone would be soooo much easier than waiting for CS to respond. Last time I emailed CS I NEVER got a response.

I think as long as people are head-over-heels for the product they won't care how bad the CS is.
__________________
Who is Tracy? Blog | IG | YouTube | My SCS Gallery
whoistracy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:03 AM   #22
Die Cut Diva
 
babydal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,656
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by rediView Post
I have always received my stuff from PTi within a week. I have ordered almost every month on the 15th.I usually get mine thru the mail, once it was sent UPS and it took a little more time.The post office turn around time is slow!!It is not PTI's fault once it is out of their hands. I placed an order for SU and it took 2 weeks to get it!! I would not like to working on the 15th of the month, they must receive tons of orders, would you like to be processing that many orders at once.

I respectfully disagree that the PO is slow. I sent a package from VA on Monday to Alaska that got there quicker than my package from Ohio. My mail is quite speedy.

And to answer your question, yes, I would LOVE to be processing that many orders at once if it were my business. LOL!

SU tells you right on the site when a demo places the order what the picking time is. I also know that they are in UT and I'm in VA so my order goes via slow truck and will take a week to get here. That's the nature of using UPS.
babydal57 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #23
Stazon Splitcoast
 
stampinem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 10,797
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoistracyView Post
Well said Em. I completely understand what you're saying and agree. I've contacted other companies who were more than happy to add an item to an order the same day.

I think their biggest problem is that they don't really have full time help, from my understanding. Talking to someone would be soooo much easier than waiting for CS to respond. Last time I emailed CS I NEVER got a response.

I think as long as people are head-over-heels for the product they won't care how bad the CS is.
Thanks girl!
If they grow too big, perhaps they SHOULD hire someone!
__________________
Emily Davis
Catholic. Artsy. PaperCrafter. Frugal. New SU! Demonstrator.
Blog: http://www.emscraftcloset.blogspot.com
stampinem is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:52 AM   #24
Gabfest Goddess
 
Cynamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 7,153
Default

What I can't figure out with them is who gets the confirmation that the package has been sent, and who doesn't. I ordered last Wed. and I it came today, but I never had any e-mail from them at any point.
Cynamom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:20 PM   #25
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
willsygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,655
Default

I really hope they sort out their customer service problems out - my last order took 2 1/2 weeks to reach my via Priority Mail - in that time I sent 3 emails to customer service and never had a response - that was 6 months ago and I havent ordered since as it put me off - I love their stuff and I understand that in life things come up, but with running a business they really do need to think about service a little more before I will order again - their designs and papers and ribbons are so gorgeous...and Nicole is amazing...I hope they get it together
willsygirl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:08 AM   #26
Pearl-ExPert
 
Stampnf1n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,430
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynamomView Post
What I can't figure out with them is who gets the confirmation that the package has been sent, and who doesn't. I ordered last Wed. and I it came today, but I never had any e-mail from them at any point.
I have found the delivery confirmation in my junk box under Quatum UPS or something like that. But that usually comes almost immediately after placing the order. Then you have to check the tracking number to see where its at .....I think.

I did the same think as another poster had done. I wanted the snowflake punches and they were not available but I still placed an order for some things I really needed. It didnt come to $40 so I paid for ground shipping. Within hours I get a note saying the punches are in. I didnt even try to add to my order because I figured it would be an issue. So I paid shipping again. I will be very upset if both shipments arrive at the same time.

I agree that it would be nice to be loved as a loyal customer!

Bonnie
Stampnf1n is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:45 AM   #27
Die Cut Diva
 
StampinHappyInCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hmmmm...?
Posts: 3,045
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampnf1nView Post
I did the same think as another poster had done. I wanted the snowflake punches and they were not available but I still placed an order for some things I really needed. It didnt come to $40 so I paid for ground shipping. Within hours I get a note saying the punches are in. I didnt even try to add to my order because I figured it would be an issue. So I paid shipping again. I will be very upset if both shipments arrive at the same time.
That was me.

Don't be surprised if they do arrive at the same time. Mine (2 packages) are expected to arrive tomorrow via UPS. One order I paid for shipping, the other was free. I'm glad I'll be getting both orders tomorrow, but I'm still annoyed that the orders couldn't/wouldn't be combined and my shipping refunded.

Like I said in my original post, I'll be rethinking future PTI orders.
__________________
Sue
* * * * * * * * * *
My little gallery
StampinHappyInCT is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:24 AM   #28
Pearl-ExPert
 
Stampnf1n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,430
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin'HappyInCTView Post
That was me.

Don't be surprised if they do arrive at the same time. Mine (2 packages) are expected to arrive tomorrow via UPS. One order I paid for shipping, the other was free. I'm glad I'll be getting both orders tomorrow, but I'm still annoyed that the orders couldn't/wouldn't be combined and my shipping refunded.

Like I said in my original post, I'll be rethinking future PTI orders.
Did you get your punches? My first order came but not the second.

Bonnie
Stampnf1n is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:39 AM   #29
Die Cut Diva
 
StampinHappyInCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hmmmm...?
Posts: 3,045
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampnf1nView Post
Did you get your punches? My first order came but not the second.
Yes, both packages arrived yesterday, as scheduled.

I hope you receive your second package soon.
__________________
Sue
* * * * * * * * * *
My little gallery
StampinHappyInCT is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off