Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-07-2004, 04:00 PM   #41
Stampin' Fool

Default Stamping Room

Believe it or not I do all my stamping in our bedroom! We sold our home in Jan. and bought a condo. Unfortunatly we have downsized. We have no extra rooms and our fifteen yr. old son has the downstairs for his bedroom. I was really nervous as to how this was going to work out but it has worked out great. My husband bought a long desk that fits in front of a big window up against the wall. There are actually two desks. One is long and has a drawer under it plus a place underneath where I can have a file cabinet with all my cs. Than next to that desk is another one that has a hutch on top for storage and three drawers on the side. Plus there is a bulletin board for odds and ends. We have two double closets so one of them has shelves for all my stamping and I also have an old bureau in there for other items. I have a TV also. Carol
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-07-2004, 04:02 PM   #42
Gallery Gazer

I am jealous of many of you! I stamp in a sunny alcove (but pretty small) in my bedroom. When I bought this house, I wasn't a stamper and I always imagined I would put a chaise lounge there and read novels (my other passion)! Instead I have a four foot by two foot table, a sewing machine cabinet (the sewing machine is always tucked inside so I can have to top to store things on!) and pretty baskets with my most favorite stamps sets inside, all around the desk. Whenever I need inspiration, I look out my fabulous bay window and stare at the mighty Columbia River for a few minutes. I use my cedar chest at the foot of my bed to bang the eyelets with, my stamping table isn't too sturdy for that. I have to wait at least 8 years and maybe more to get one of the kids' bedrooms to stamp in! I love reading about all of your stamping spaces!
Old 08-08-2004, 02:56 AM   #43
Pearl-ExPert

Default Kristenkanderson

Kristen,
Sorry I didn't answer sooner. For some reason, I wasn't notified of all the replys to this tread and I'm just now reading them.

To answer your question, I am 40 miles NW of Albany, at the foothills of the Adirondack Mtns. A long ways away from you, I'm afraid.

I love all the responses to this tread! It's fascinating to read all about where people stamp.

I started out as a scrapbooker. My living room was starting to fill up with boxes of paper and scrapbook supplies and DH was complaining.
So, I took over the dining room which is the largest room in the house.
Now, that's too small! I really need to figure out something else.
Like a new addition? LOL

NY Nan
Old 08-08-2004, 05:17 AM   #44
Mad Swapper

I stamp in the dining room (if you can even call it that anymore!) No one eats in there so I decided to take it over!

Joy
Old 08-08-2004, 09:58 AM   #45
Stampin' Fool

I have a craft room, but it is too full to get any work done in it I have a table set up in our formal living room/ dining room area (we are not formal type people, so I figured the room had to get some use I think I have supplies in about half the rooms of the house though.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:03 AM   #46
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to Mama2my4

I stamp at our kitchen table. I keep my supplies in many, many boxes in a nearby closet. It is most inconvenient!!!!! I hate that I have to put all of my stuff away at dinner time. I am so jealous of everyone who has a permanent home for their stuff. I would love to be able to create whenever I get inspired instead of in between meals...
Oh well. The good news is that my DH can't tell just how much stuff I have because only a little bit is out at a time!

Check us out.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:20 AM   #47
Matboard Maniac

My husband and I used to argue about having everything all over the dining room table because it is the first room you see when you walk into the house. Unfortunately, I don't have a spare bedroom for my own, so we converted a closet downstairs into my own little space. It is so small, but I can sit at the desk and reach practically everything without even getting up. If I am not done with a project I can just shut the doors and noone can see anything. The part my hubby loved about the whole deal is it is organized, out of sight, and it didn't cost him a DIME!!!

I too like to stamp in front of the t.v. and now I can without dragging everything out since the closet is in the same room as the t.v.
Mary
Old 08-08-2004, 11:50 AM   #48
Insane Embellisher

I use my lap as the table when I am at home. I have a small shelf where I have tightly squeezed my stamps and two boxes for supplies right now. One for cardstock and one for ink and accessories.

Next week, I'll take it all back to work. I found this great tool carrier at W*lm*rt on wheels. It is big enough for my paper in the bottom section and stamps and ink in the top. The small pockets will hold my scissors. All for only 24 bucks.

I'd love to have a stamping room like you ladies on day. Actually, I want the WHOLE stamping store! oh wait! It will be my stamping store! LOL
Old 08-08-2004, 12:02 PM   #49
Stampin' Fool

Default I'm a closet stamper too Dawn G....

when we moved into our house, in the master bedroom, we had one long closet then a bathroom into a walk in closet. The walk in closet is mine. That's where all my stampin and scrapbooking stuff is.

It's nice. I can let me kids play in the "pool" my big garden tub, while I stamp! Works perfect. I also can work late at night without bothering my family or husband...

My dh set my laptop up in there, plus speakers so I can watch movies, or listen to music, and surf on SCS....
Old 08-08-2004, 02:08 PM   #50
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a rather large bedroom. We have a large walk in closet that we share for our clothes. We also have a large closet with shelves. When we built I designed the closet with shelves for my craft closet, not knowing my stamps would now take up the majority of it. It is full of rubbermaid drawers. My DH built me a small table out of an old hanging file folder desk. He put a large top on it, a shelf under neath and a dowel rod to hold ribbon. It sets next to my office area in our bedroom. I keep the regular stuff in bins on the desk and the sets I am currently using on the shelf. When I want to go to another room it has wheels. I just push it to where I need to be. It will be nice when school starts. I can be with the kids and not take up the dining room table where we do school and still stamp!.

I only have to wait 10 years before I get a room to myself. Too bad I'm just as addicted to my children as I am my stamping or I would put them all (5 left) in 2 rooms and take over the 3rd bedroom downstairs. Someday....
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12